Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed mono tubs [Re: replyom]
    #27001209 -

I would wait for a more trusted source than me. But it looks to me that you need to increase FAE. Look at all the fuzz on the caps. The substrate looks perfect with all of the beads of water. But once the pinset comes in you want to increase FAE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed mono tubs [Re: BrownBear]
    #27001238 -

I feel that if the FAE was being too restricted the fruits would be lankier/taller and we would see a lot more fuzz on the feet. I also don’t think those look waterlogged or overly wet. Other than their slightly small stature they look healthy to my eye. I might be inclined to suspect genetics at this point.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed mono tubs [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #27001254 -

Just my 2 cents, I think it looks fine but the short fruits are probably genetic based. You can change the size of the fruits with environmental conditions but Everytime I grew pink buffalo I always ended up with short fruits that look quite a bit like yours, no matter how many times I took it back to a different source of spores. The opposite could be said when I worked with ksss. They just kept growing into giants no matter what I did.

Long story short in my experience once you have the correct environment, the size of your fruits can depend alot on the genetics.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed mono tubs [Re: puff4200]
    #27001433 -

Just got done with 26 tubs drilling them was a workout.


--------------------



want more info on shrooms "click"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed mono tubs [Re: trippytimes]
    #27001519 -

I say genetics too. They all look happy just small, it’s pretty common. I about lost my mind trying to grow big mushrooms when I started. Focus on the total yield that’s the one that matters.


--------------------
LAGM2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed mono tubs [Re: A.k.a]
    #27001551 -

Last wg tub



--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE


:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed mono tubs [Re: eatyualive]
    #27001602 -



Absolutely loving this tek. Pinset could be a little better but it's lightyears ahead of my first mono and took very little maintenance. Thank you pasty  :bow2:

I had the optional holes drilled at first cause my room is usually 40-50% RH but it looked like the corners were drying out because of it so I covered them up but now that they're starting to grow more do you think I should open the optional holes back up? Just want to give as much FAE as possible now that they're growing quickly but don't want to dry out the corners again but maybe it won't be such a big deal now since it's fully into fruiting?


--------------------
:chems:

Edited by Lenz (10/24/20 05:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed mono tubs [Re: Lenz]
    #27001628 -

Lenz said:


Absolutely loving this tek. Pinset could be a little better but it's lightyears ahead of my first mono and took very little maintenance. Thank you pasty  :bow2:

I had the optional holes drilled at first cause my room is usually 40-50% RH but it looked like the corners were drying out because of it so I covered them up but now that they're starting to grow more do you think I should open the optional holes back up? Just want to give as much FAE as possible now that they're growing quickly but don't want to dry out the corners again but maybe it won't be such a big deal now since it's fully into fruiting?



Yeah I'm doing the original way and gonna drill the extra hole if needed. I'm in 60-70RH gonna do some test since I'm down south and we have huge RH swings.


--------------------



want more info on shrooms "click"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed mono tubs [Re: trippytimes]
    #27001640 -

Good to hear, let us know how it goes!

I thought that 40-50 was high enough to warrant the additional hole but I guess not. 60-70 is pretty damn high though, hope those swings don't mess things up too much.


--------------------
:chems:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed mono tubs [Re: trippytimes]
    #27001641 -

trippytimes said:
Just got done with 26 tubs drilling them was a workout.



Little late now but a $15 soldering iron is worth its wait in gold for these, do it outside though it gets kinda smokey.
Poke-poke-poke-poke-poke-poke-poke-poke.


--------------------
Listen, I'm steel fisted with the iron lung
Heavy metal ballads out the guitar where lions run.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed mono tubs [Re: starbones]
    #27001700 -

starbones said:
trippytimes said:
Just got done with 26 tubs drilling them was a workout.



Little late now but a $15 soldering iron is worth its wait in gold for these, do it outside though it gets kinda smokey.
Poke-poke-poke-poke-poke-poke-poke-poke.



Yeah but I have team red on my side aka Milwaukee. High speed .3 secs a hole 27 tube in 1hour the hard part is the measurements.

Yeah I'm gonna watch my surface conditions and if it seems too wet then I'm going to add that extra hole.


--------------------



want more info on shrooms "click"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed monotubs [Re: trippytimes]
    #27002848 -

Trying this out with one the 52.8 qt gasket lid tubs, now I just need to figure out what I’m going to spawn into it. Was thinking enigma but with the extended fruit time not sure it’s the best candidate for testing.



I really like these tubs, I might buy a couple more if this works out good for me



Fittingly spawned 4 quarts of rusty whyte to it.


Edited by D3_Myc (10/25/20 04:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed mono tubs [Re: replyom]
    #27006072 -

I have been using same recipe with the additions of 2 or 3 qt vermiculite and that seemed perfect water capacity. So it could very well be that yours is too wet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed mono tubs [Re: pitriot]
    #27007433 -

pitriot said:
I have been using same recipe with the additions of 2 or 3 qt vermiculite and that seemed perfect water capacity. So it could very well be that yours is too wet.



Interesting - so just to confirm, you’ve been doing 650 g coir, 2-3 qt vermiculite, and 3.25 qt water?

A big thank you to everyone that replied to my questions! Got 2.25 oz dry from the first flush.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed mono tubs [Re: replyom]
    #27007749 -

Yes. 650g coir, 2-3 qt vermiculite, 3250 g water, and of course spawn (usually about 4 lbs).

2.25 oz dry. Over how many days?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed mono tubs [Re: A.k.a]
    #27010173 -

A.k.a said:
I say genetics too. They all look happy just small, it’s pretty common. I about lost my mind trying to grow big mushrooms when I started. Focus on the total yield that’s the one that matters.




bigger shrooms dont = more potent

its often the opposite actually more times then not. Eating a handful of those little guys does the job way better than one big boy


--------------------
Meditate////Create////Destroy
Nothing is real

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed mono tubs [Re: No Face] * 1
    #27010189 -

replyom said:
pitriot said:
I have been using same recipe with the additions of 2 or 3 qt vermiculite and that seemed perfect water capacity. So it could very well be that yours is too wet.



Interesting - so just to confirm, you’ve been doing 650 g coir, 2-3 qt vermiculite, and 3.25 qt water?

A big thank you to everyone that replied to my questions! Got 2.25 oz dry from the first flush.



If you want to see 8-10 oz first flush dry you’re going to need a lot more water. I’ll dehydrate more water off the first flush of a good clone than you’re using to hydrate your entire sub.

The less water you use to hydrate, the less there is to go into the fruits.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed mono tubs [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #27010377 -

Pastywhyte said:
replyom said:
pitriot said:
I have been using same recipe with the additions of 2 or 3 qt vermiculite and that seemed perfect water capacity. So it could very well be that yours is too wet.



Interesting - so just to confirm, you’ve been doing 650 g coir, 2-3 qt vermiculite, and 3.25 qt water?

A big thank you to everyone that replied to my questions! Got 2.25 oz dry from the first flush.



If you want to see 8-10 oz first flush dry you’re going to need a lot more water. I’ll dehydrate more water off the first flush of a good clone than you’re using to hydrate your entire sub.

The less water you use to hydrate, the less there is to go into the fruits.



I've been thinking about this issue lately. I don't use verm, just 650 g coir + 3.25 L water. I made that decision about a year ago based on BOD's posts saying he doesn't notice a difference in yield between coir + verm and coir alone. If I use a lot more water with 650 g coir it seems to be way over field capacity, would you agree that that would be the case? Maybe I should start using verm. Would you mind reminding me how much water you add to the brick of coir and 3 quarts verm that you mention in the first post? Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed mono tubs [Re: replyom]
    #27010402 -

When I used 650 gram pet grade bricks which is what I was using when I wrote this I did;

1 650 gram brick
3 litres verm
4.5 litres water

Bod does what works for him. I do what works for me. You decide for yourself what works for you :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed mono tubs [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #27010444 -

Awesome, thanks a lot. I will use this recipe for my next tub :blazed:

Pastywhyte said:
Bod does what works for him. I do what works for me. You decide for yourself what works for you :thumbup:



Absolutely! I'm not married to anything (until I'm seeing 8-10 oz first flush dry, then I might put a ring on it).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Mono tub condensation, helpful? Bag or no?
( 1 2 all )
mb13 4,927 20 12/13/14 06:23 PM
by taGyo
* help with mono-tub humidity and FAE!! goddessinpink 5,093 3 08/20/07 01:32 PM
by GoodbyeOrb
* Straw Log vs Mono Tub vs Casing? ShaqAttack 5,137 7 05/05/18 06:18 AM
by liamtheloser
* Form fitted pre-pan inserts for mono tubs mb13 1,570 5 04/07/08 05:37 AM
by myelination
* Mono-Tub vs Double Tub
( 1 2 all )
unknown28 15,251 33 12/17/23 02:13 PM
by TrippHillHooligan
* mono tub rye poo TheStudent 4,095 14 05/05/18 06:17 AM
by bam
* From spore print to mono tub *UPDATE* *First flush pics*
( 1 2 all )
BrainChemistry 11,244 33 11/02/09 04:04 PM
by i like cow poo
* Mono tub with air pump? surfster 7,266 11 11/07/06 08:53 PM
by MycoMaster83

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
184,596 topic views. 12 members, 135 guests and 217 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.