Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
help with mono-tub humidity and FAE!!
    #7313593 -

So this is my first grow. I've got 4 BRF cakes growing in a mono-tub-esque fruiting chamber with perlite on the bottom (I was going to crumble them into the mono-tub but decided to try some cakes, instead) Then I have two other mono-tubs with 3 crumbled BRF cakes in each, both spawned to hpoo/straw. The mono-tubs are not cased as I read a post where one of the mods, I believe it was Roadkill, said casing was not necessary for mono-tubs.

So that's my preface...here's the issue(s): My cakes started fruiting and were producing VERY small fruits... 2 inches long was the biggest one. Now, I know cakes don't make as big fruits but that seemed a lot smaller than most I had seen posted...so remembering that small fruits usually meant little FAE I tried to fix that problem. All my tubs are in a room with little air movement, no cross breeze, etc. So I opened the window. This is where things started to go terribly awry. What had been awesome humidity in my tubs...sides covered with condensation, etc...turned to almost none.

I can now see through my tubs completely with almost no condensation on the sides at all. I decided to close the window and put an oscillating fan on low on the OPPOSITE side of the room to get the air moving...still nothing. And while I know mono-tubs are meant to be automated...I figured I should probably lightly mist until humidity got back up.

It's been a little over a week and nothing. The mycelium has completely colonized the tubs and while I understand overlay is very hard to actually get with cubes, I fear my tubs are going in that direction. The mycelium is starting to get more dense...not matted or anything, just very, very dense. There is no sign of primordia formation. I know that can take up to several weeks, I'm just worried. Is there a way I can save my project? Does it even need saving?

Sorry this was so long! Please help!


--------------------
Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit... unnatural?

- Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: help with mono-tub humidity and FAE!! [Re: goddessinpink]
    #7313615 -

It doesn't really sound like your project needs saving, it just takes time. Although, with a proper monotub, opening the window shouldn't have made a whole lot of difference. What do you mean when you say it's "monotubesque"?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: help with mono-tub humidity and FAE!! [Re: GoodbyeOrb]
    #7313625 -

monotub-esque is just pretty much that i made it just like a monotub...4 holes on each long side, 2 on each short, stuffed with polyfil. but then i put perlite on the bottom instead of using a bulk sub


--------------------
Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit... unnatural?

- Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: help with mono-tub humidity and FAE!! [Re: goddessinpink]
    #7314361 -

I'd just wait it out while keeping the humidity high. Good luck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* PMP humidity problem - - -
( 1 2 all )
qwon 5,116 39 11/13/13 04:54 AM
by RogerRabbit
* Regulating temps and humidity, fluctuations bad? Northernsoul 4,271 4 02/01/02 04:34 PM
by Humidity
* Re: Humidity Gauge Advice, HELP Vorpal 1,528 1 04/19/00 09:23 AM
by Humidity
* Deleted Jared 4,076 18 03/27/02 08:36 PM
by shaggymane
* Casings and humidity
( 1 2 all )
angryshroom 21,973 23 04/07/18 09:52 AM
by SarahBorealis
* tub casing and water content GreenRam7 606 1 10/21/04 05:07 PM
by kbilly
* Problems with tub in tub (grr frustrated) Kichy 1,495 6 02/02/04 11:52 AM
by THEBOSS
* small decrease in humidity required shirley knott 817 3 12/21/02 10:30 PM
by shirley knott

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
5,093 topic views. 15 members, 47 guests and 123 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.019 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.