Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM, San Pedro, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineGrizzy
Explorer of mindand matter

Loc: Bay Area, CA - USA
Mushrooms - Overdose, bad reaction, or mind over matter?
    #2668331 - 05/12/04 01:41 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Please, help me.  My highest wish at this moment is that I could get Mushroom Johns phone number, for the future - just in case.  Trust me, John - I would never call and bother you.  Unless it was a medical and physical situation having to deal with mushrooms.

No, I would never call about a "bad trip".  I would never call just to talk.  I would never bother you.

But - you are the #1 man I trust in this world for this topic.  Your medical knowledge and experience combined make you my sage.  Especially on this.  Here we go, here's what happened:

(Background info - I'm a VERY experienced "traveler".  LSD, over 300 times easily.  Shrooms, maybe only about 100 times.)

Ok, it happened last week.  I started eating mushrooms like crazy.  I also ate one peyote button(but it takes 4 to trip).  When I got to the point where all the colors were dancing around me, and the trees were rolling - I ate a bunch more.  I was really looking to break through the binds of reality.  And what happened I cannot explain.  I hope John or someone else can...

I ate so much and went so far that I was able to dissasmble myself as a human and put myself back together the right way.  I used to be a very angry and aggressive man.  I now feel like a gentler being.  That aside, when the "extra" handful of shrooms started kicking in something wierd happened.

I made myself grow.

In reality, not in my head.  How it happened:  I looked at my hand, and thought about how I'm a small guy(ring size 7, the girls at the store even commented that my finger is small - boo).  So, I thought to myself - let's get bigger.

And it worked.  My hand started growing.  I had to take my ring off quickly, because it was like my hand was inflating.  Fingers, thumb, and now the arm.  I get real happy at this point, and start working on the rest of my body.  My arms are getting big, my hands look like hands of an ogre.  I am turning myself into the incredible hulk.

And then it hits me.  Oh no.  What if I don't balance the growth, and end up deformed?  What if my hands and arms stay this way?  I'll look like a freak!  So, I wake up my wife.

She has been sleeping only for about 30 minutes.  She's been sober the whole time, not taking any shrooms(she's not into it like I am).
And, as I wake up my sober wife - I tell her "Honey, don't panic - but something is happening".

When she got up and looked at my hand - I knew it was no longer only in my head.  At that moment, the look on her face told me this is real.  She starts freaking out.

I put my hands and arms under cold water(thinking cold shrinks things).  Didn't work.

I'm deformed here.  And she is confirming with her SOBER eyes that my arms and hands have doubled in size.

Like I said, I'm VERY experienced and never panic.  I am always cool and composed.  This is no exception, only that I am havig a hard time figuring out what is happening here.  Did I really break through and grow myself with my mind?  Am I overdosing?  What if?

I can't call 911, can't call a doctor(can't trust anyone).

I WISH I HAD MUSHROOM JOHN'S NUMBER!!  (Again, I would never call about any bad trips or the such, only when an incredible breakthrough happens in the real physical world that can be confirmed, either by photo or sober witness accounts).

So - back to the story.  I tell the wife to jump onto shroomery.org(here).  She's trying to get on, but my pc was busted so we're using a different one and I don't remember my password.  Crap.

Now - I look at her.  And I almost shit my pants.  As I'm looking at her  - SHE starts growing.  Oh boy.  Now, I'm inflating her???  No way.  Me swelling is one thing(I've taken drugs) - but for her to swell would leave no rational explaination.  Therefore I did not mention it to her, I did not want her to confirm it.  I feared hearing a confirmation of it.  So I said nothing of it and to this day I do not know whether or not HER GROWING was real or not.  All I can confirm for sure is that I grew.

We talked about how wonderful it would be if only we could ask Mushroom John for his advice.  Should I be trying to throw up?  Take some type of drug or drink or something?  What to do?  Concerned over a possible overdose, and with nobody to turn to for help - I had to use my judgement and take a stab at the fact that I should perhaps try to throw up.  So, I down 3 eggs and barf in the sink.

Now then, still wanting someone to talk to, we finally get a hold of my buddy Jeff.  Long time friend and fellow tripper(we've done acid together over 200 times - yes he was my main wingman through my growing up years).  Jeff talks my wife into calming down(something that I really needed her to do).  Funny it is - that I was more calm than she was - ha ha.  Talk about self control...

Anyway - Jeff said that perhaps I had broken through to a place where my mind can manifest and bend reality.  He told me to reverse it, using my mind.  He told me I had to the power to make it happen, and I had the power to undo it.  He was right.

I lay in bed with my wife, and put my thoughts to focus on reversing everything.  Sure enough - 30 minutes later I was able to put my ring back on.  GOD BLESS IT!!!  It worked.  I shrunk back to my normal size.

And I woke up the next day - HAPPY with myself the way I am.  So - I'm a skinny guy - so what!  I accept it.  I love myself just the way I am.

I need to hear what you all think of this.

Did I break through?
Was it an overdose?
Was it a reaction?

And, of course, at this time I would like to respectfully ask Mr Mushroom John for this contact number.  Again, I PROMISE never to call you sir.  I would never call, unless you give me persmission to call ONLY when something like this(something physical and real happens, confirm by photo or sober witness - to ensure you don't deal with stupid trippers calling you when it's just in their head!)

I'm just thinking - what if I was about to overdose, and what if John would have had advice that would have saved my life?

It is only for that reason alone that I ask, beg, you for your number.  99% is that you will never hear from me, God willing.  But - just in case - I would love to have someone I can trust that won't involve cops.

Additionally, I would like to ask that if you, or anyone finds this sort of this interesting (when measurable changes occur in the environment stimulated by a psychedelic experience) - and perhaps would like to hear from during a mind blowing event.

I can't help but think that if I would have called you - you would have had the presence of mind to tell me to take a picure of my hands, etc - to document this for research.  Alas - the wife and I never thought of taking a picture, and are now left with nothing more than her sober recollection, and my infulenced one.

God bless you good children.  Please help Grizzy to try and understand what happened.  Should I be concerned over taking too much in the future?  Was this just a quirk?  Has it happened before?

Thank you.

P.S.:  My PC has been busted for 2 weeks, just incase anyone has tried to get a hold of me...that's why.  Oh, and the trip to Texas for peyote took a week out, too.

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

Edited by Grizzy (10/29/08 01:05 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: Mushrooms - Overdose, bad reaction, or mind over matter? [Re: Grizzy]
    #2668360 - 05/12/04 01:49 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

ive seen my fingers grow and contract while on shrooms... its just a normal visual hallucination... and at times i felt like my body puffed up like a ballon.. but all the people i was with said i looked normal. its just hallucinations no matter how real they may seem... if you dont like it than dont take psychedelic drugs

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #2668390 - 05/12/04 01:58 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

That's a weird story!

1. You can't OD on mushrooms.
2. Your did not grew and your wife didn't grew. Sorry for not believing you, but I'm sure you didn't grew. It could be an allergic reaction to something, was it swollen or do you really mean growing, like a child does?
3. You sound very spiritual and I'll respect that, but I don't believe you really had the power "to bend reality" or something. It was a 100% physical reaction of your body.
4. Mushroom John has a lot of knowledge, but why do you want his number so bad? He can only tell you to call 911 if you are in real physical danger. YOU CAN NOT OD ON MUSHROOMS!

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: Mushrooms - Overdose, bad reaction, or mind over matter? [Re: Annom]
    #2668398 - 05/12/04 02:01 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

seeing people "puff up" is a common visual hallucination on large doses of shrooms... ive gotten it and tons of people i know have gotten it.. its kinda freaky the first time it happens cause it really dose look like your swollen and huge.. but it is just a hallucination not an OD

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Mushrooms - Overdose, bad reaction, or mind over matter? [Re: Infrared]
    #2668406 - 05/12/04 02:06 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I know, but his sober wife saw the same.... My first thought was also a hallucination. I've seen people grow while tripping, but never while being sober.

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
    #2668460 - 05/12/04 02:27 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Hahha, crazy story Grizzy, you made my day. I can definitely understand on mushrooms thinking something completely bizzare like that haha. Peace.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
    #2668512 - 05/12/04 02:49 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

The only way i could believe that you bent reality and grew your hand bigger is if you effected the bone structure in your hand witch a highly dought(i am not trying to down you or aanything, i have respect for you I have read many of your post and know you are not a beginer)but i bet your body had a weird reaction and you hand just swelled up in some way. The only thing i can tink that happen is your veins in yor hand posibly got restricted and cause your hand to swell up or something close to this. Well i hope everything is alright with you.

InvisibleStipe
Hunter -Gatherer

#2668532 - 05/12/04 02:54 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Hilarious

OfflineNickatina
journeyman
Male
Loc: Bay Area, California.
    #2668556 - 05/12/04 03:03 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

are ya just talkin about your hands looking huge and puffy? cause i get that everytime i trip...just makes me laugh.

--------------------
"Make the most of the hemp seed, Sow it everywhere" -George Washington

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #2668573 - 05/12/04 03:09 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

well... assuming that your wife did indeed see your hand swell up, and it wasn't just "contact high" that made her see this, i can think of two reasons.

firstly, and more probable - you had some kind of allergic reaction to the mushrooms... maybe something in/on them? some kind of fertilizer or something? dunno what exactly, but a puffy hand reaction seems to sound like an allergy.

secondly, and less probable, but still possible (in my mind) - you bridged the mind/body barrier. my personal feeling (here i don't have any "science" to back this up, but just go with me for a minute) is that the mind is actually present in the entire human organism (and outside of it), not just confined to the brain or the pineal gland or whatever. however, the mind rarely exerts itself in the rest of the body, because of the structure of the body. the other parts of the body are meant to relay information to the brain before acting, except in situations of dire need. through altering your brain patterns with the mushrooms, perhaps you were able to activate your consciousness in your hands. the structure could thus re-define itself as the mind willed it - in the same way that you can force yourself to think of a certain thing, or to hear a certain sound (in your "inner ear") or see a certain thing (in your "mind's eye") - perhaps you were able to bypass the brain and directly effect your body with your mind.

not sure how probable that is to happen, especially on mushrooms... stories of these sort of things happening usually involve deeply spiritual people who have been meditating for LONG periods of time (for example there is an ancient hindu ritual of meditating while staring at the sun all day long... my great grandfather attempted this before and actually went blind because he wasn't concentrated enough, i guess) but the power of the mind is simply amazing, and perhaps you unlocked something that was previously hidden...

interesting story, though...

--------------------

OfflineLoneDeranger
Deranger

Loc: Nonething
Re: Mushrooms - Overdose, bad reaction, or mind over matter? [Re: fliped]
    #2668615 - 05/12/04 03:18 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

It's great somebody finally brought this subject up. I've always pondered if one can take so many psychedelics as to be able to bend reality. If you read Terence McKenna, it doesn't seem too far fetched. I can't not believe you on this, but i also can't believe you. Hope everything turns out. The only explanation i can come across is that your wife took some of your shrooms, and was laying in bed waiting for the effects to come on. Then you guys seen the same hallucination, which is common. I'm only kidding of course, good luck.

--------------------
Mescalito is my homeboy...

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this Flag
    #2668823 - 05/12/04 03:53 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Crazy story indeed. Would it have been possible that your consciousness affected your wife's, in order for her to percieve the same thing? I dunno, it's a weird idea, but then again so is the story. :smile:

--------------------

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #2668961 - 05/12/04 04:20 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Crazyness.

Many times ive had crazy visuals looking at my legs and they are super thing and wwayy long. I then try and stand up and i felt super unbalanced and through my eyes everything looked like i was super tall and the room around me was shrinking into this one cornor and i even remember falling back down on the couch closing my eyes listening to music wondering if im getting sucked into the corner. Insanity....

It was probably your hands swelled up with some water and it made you over react.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineGrizzy
Explorer of mindand matter

Loc: Bay Area, CA - USA
Re: Mushrooms - Overdose, bad reaction, or mind over matter? [Re: baraka]
    #2669282 - 05/12/04 05:35 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

"Would it have been possible that your consciousness affected your wife's, in order for her to percieve the same thing?"

Absolutely ZERO chance of that. I assure you, and you would not doubt my wife if you ever met her. TRUST me, she's not the type to lie, nor the type to "see things". She freaked out. She looked at my hands, and she panicked. She was thinking about taking me to the hospital, but I said no way. My wedding ring would not fit on my finger.

I really wish I would have taken a picture. I really wish. But believe me I am not a person that is deseperate for attention and would not make up something like this, for what goal? My only goal is knowledge and learning. To seek the truth.

Now then, I move forward to the constant remarks about whether or not anyone "believes" me. I am confused by this and tell you why. There is nothing I am claiming here. I ask the same questions you do. I seek answers. I do not pretend to KNOW what happened.

The fact is - it did happen. I do not claim to have "powers", I do not claim that my mind bent reality. I wonder - IF IT MAY HAVE? Also, I wonder why I would get an allergic reaction to a certain dose, if that's the case?

Someone said something about bomes. No, it was more like puffy, maybe full of fluid or muscle tissue. I don't believe the bones grew(that's a little out there). Muscle, histamines, fluid <- there are all realistic answers.

On the mind controlling matter: Consider this - a physcial reaction of your body brought on by no outside true stimuli, but only your mind. Can it happen? It does, everday.

You see a spider crawl on the table, and if you THINK it's poisionous, your hair on your arm stands up, your adrenaline goes up. However, if this was a harmless spider - then basically you have tricked your body into "doing something" that changed your body.

This could have been the case here, perhaps my mind could have fooled my body into releasing some sort of histamines or fluids, or perhaps an adrenaline muscle tension of sorts. I don't know. That's why I'm asking you folks - especially John. He has the medical insight to provide a perspective like no other. Additionally, he may have very well had me do certain things to facilitate an experiment with me when this had occurred.

I'd be willing to undergo such an experiment under medical care, in a supervised state.

Now, please do not respond if you are one of the people that says "It's all in your head, dude". How many times you have tripped? I have tripped WELL OVER 300 times on acid, and over 100 on shrooms. Trust me. I am experienced, I would never waste your time with a simple delusion. MY WIFE, whom I awoke from a sober sleep - SAW IT and freaked out.

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this
    #2669310 - 05/12/04 05:42 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Well I didn't mean it like that at all. I wasn't trying to say that she was lying, or leading you on, but rather you telepathically altered her perception into sharing your hallucination. I'm not standing by this claim firmly either, as it was just a wild guess and was not meant to insult you, or your wife's, credibility.

Anyways you sound like a sincere person, and there would be no reason for you to waste time making this up, so I believe you. Well it may sound pretty weird, well very weird, there's a lot that humans have yet to explain, or even discover for that matter. I believe in telekinesis, seeing how I can do it, so maybe this was a form of self biokinesis, in which you affected the size of your own cells. It sounds wacky I know, but our own existence is wacky enough to make me believe anything is possible.

--------------------

Offlinecherokee
tennis shoes
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nationwide Flag
    #2669850 - 05/12/04 07:30 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

In regards to mushrooms john, why should he have to take on the burden of your bad trips? "buy the ticket, take the ride"

also, poison control is always there

Offlineshrooms777
Re: Mushrooms - Overdose, bad reaction, or mind over matter? [Re: cherokee]
    #2671035 - 05/12/04 11:11 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

it sounds like a mind control thing and perhaps fluids begin to travel to your hand? I remember back in 5th grade I broke my arm and the next day it swole to double its size. Maybe something like that happened alone on sheer mind control then you used mind control again to divert the fluids from your hand away and the hand slowly went back to normal size? So its not just a hallunication. ive had one hallunication where I yawned and stretched my fingers and they doubled in length. I wasnt even scared, just supprised and relaxed my fingers and in a few seconds they were normal again. In your case you physically diverted fluids to make your hand swell

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
    #2671253 - 05/13/04 12:04 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Maybe the mushrooms were reminding you to be grateful for the size you are now.

Offlinebluetiddlywinks
Explorer
Loc: Boston
    #2672858 - 05/13/04 11:18 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I think most of the posts denying what happened is very rude. My sugestion for you would be to try and do it again, see if you can expand and contract your hand several times durring a trip and really focus on the sensation. Then after you get it down good attempt it sober. I have not done mushrooms too much, but I have done the dissasociative dxm a bunch, and I found that I am able to go out of body far easier sober after having learned the sensation that the drug produced. You should try and also manipulate inanimate objects, see if you can bend or grow things outside of your body. I believe the true purpose in life is to explore our on conciousness and to expand upon it. If we leave this planet on the same level as we came into it then our life was pointless.

OfflineHeXeDOSOK
Stranger
Re: Mushrooms - Overdose, bad reaction, or mind over matter? [Re: bluetiddlywinks]
    #2673754 - 05/13/04 03:49 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I have experienced a very similar experience..but it involved my face..neck..and hands..

Since I was soooo over the top (cannot remember how many grams I ate..was prolly 4 grams of these REAL potent hydro-shrooms.) I could not walk unless I put all of my concetration on WALKING.

I remember after a few hours..when everything was going haywire..Everytime I went into the bathroom, my face appeared to be getting "fatter"..same with the hands laster and my neck seemed fatter as well. Well..at first I made no attempt to sound stupid and ask my friends... "am I getting fat"..hehe

Well after about another hour or so,..I started noticing it was getting worse and worse... Then I went into my friends room where he was in the same state of mind as I was. when he saw me he flipped out. Fo about the next hour it looked like I had the shit beat out of me. I looked like Rocky at the end of Rocky I. It was not good looking. What I did was take a few sponfulls of Benedryl..after about 30-60 minutes..my face was looking much better, but the swelling was still there for the next day.

While it was happening..I was just too stubborn to realise the swelling was ACTUALLY happening. I just kept telling myself that it wasn't really there (cause my face and hands were fat..but also moving.) The visuals were so great that I though for sure this was the work of my own imagination. It wasn't until my friend flipped out worse than me that I started getting worried. I can almost gaurantee you that is what happened to you. And when your wife looked at you..and also probably noticed some panic in your eyes..I bet she was just as scared for you. Seriously though..you could probably swell up so much you'll stop breathing..so I could see why your wife freaked out so much. I also think you and your wife were on some different wavelengths in the "heat" of everything. You were probably saying stuff to the tune of "Holy crap..my hands are huge"..and your wife was agreeing with you..because they were very swolen.

I personally believe that your mind..on shrooms..is very capable of manipulating MANY things..but only in your mind. It IS responsible for the swelling..but I don't think your body would just swell your body because it has the ability to...I just think it did it for normal reasons...because it was reacting to something in the Shrooms.

But I am always a very logical thinking person..and don't believe the human mind has the ability to affect any other thing besides yourself. Vision..smell..touch..reactions to pain..etc..etc.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: DXM, San Pedro, Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience