Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Valerian Root

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGrowbaby
Weedies
Mushroom Pills? A proposal...
    #868905 - 09/07/02 02:45 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Hello all.. Just curious..

I make herbal medicines at home and have been doing so for years. (My family has done this for generations.)

One thing that I do, when making certain doses of Valarian root extract is to grind the dried root and put the dose into a gelatin caplet that I purchase at a local vitamin store.

Just curious... Each pill can hold around 50mg of material, would this be a good way of injesting dried, ground mushrooms? Mushies don't seem to be all that palatable, and this seems like an option. Or would this reques that you eat many pills?

I am a total newb, so any suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

--------------------
-Artificial Intelligence is preferable to Actual Stupidity any day.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDinoMyc
Ipsa scientiapotestas est
Re: Mushroom Pills? A proposal... [Re: Growbaby]
    #868915 - 09/07/02 02:53 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

People do this, it works.
It can be a pain to prepare, but it is a good idea for those who cannot stomach the taste of medicinal mushrooms.

--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

OfflineGrowbaby
Weedies
Re: Mushroom Pills? A proposal... [Re: DinoMyc]
    #868992 - 09/07/02 04:00 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks. I am still confused as to dosage, though. I've read up on it, but I am not sure how much I should dose my first time. (I havent even done it yet, I will be growing my own.)

But, more studying I need to do, hehe.. Thanks!

--------------------
-Artificial Intelligence is preferable to Actual Stupidity any day.

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK
    #869028 - 09/07/02 04:21 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

ive never done this but i heard you can fit .5 grams in the big ones so just take six is like eating 3 grams

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
Re: Mushroom Pills? A proposal... [Re: Dobie]
    #869122 - 09/07/02 05:14 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

rumor has it 00 size caps will hold roughly.4 grams and if you fill em up you can get .5grams in each one.

2-4 grams is an average trip for psilocybe cubenis

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinechemkid
Be excellent toeach other

Loc: Between a rock and a hard...
    #869544 - 09/07/02 06:14 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

the '000' capsules can hold 1g if tightly packed. The only drawback is the size. If you don't mind swallowing large pills then it is a beautiful way to have some doses preweighed if you will be in the woods, club, anywhere!!

--------------------
An open mind is the greatest journey of all.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Mushroom Pills? A proposal... [Re: chemkid]
    #869645 - 09/07/02 11:12 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

One double '00" packed is a good trip on Psilocybe cyanescens. I use to get 50 capsules a dried ounce from this species. However after a few months of testing them on individuals back in the early 1970's I found that the majority of trippers actually preferred to see the actual mushrooms. This is because there are still burn artists out there on the streets and in schools who still cap grocery store mushrooms and unload them like in the movie GO to unsuspecting doofers.

mj

There is nothing like seeing the actual mushroom.

And part of the actual high are the visuals which most users never experience because of the low dosages they normally require for their small brains to handle (usually one to two grams dried when the actual clinical dosage is from 3-5 fried grams). .. The Mazatec and other Indian tribal groups in Mesoamerica take from 15 minutes to a half an hour to eat a single dose. There is a reason for this because it brings the come on in waves and ripples rather than all at once like when brewed in a a tea or eaten in a biwl of soup or a capsule. .So when taken slowly, the mushroom high comes on easy and in this way the central nervous system is not placed into a shock mode which is what happens when the come on is instant or close to instant.

The Mazatec and others near them have been doing the mushrooms in this manner for more than three millenia. And they must know what it is they are doing.

They also tend to fast for wo to three days prior to consuming the mushrooms because that also increases the power of the shrooms.

Think about that.

Taste is nothing when you are traveling through your soul.

mj

OfflineSandman
Old Ass
    #869887 - 09/08/02 05:35 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Been doing this now for a couple years. We take the "00" size and just finger pack them well. They rage from .5 to .6 a pill.

The dosage is 1 - 2 grams to start and then on following occasions you can up the dose so you do not have a bad reaction.

Like mjshroomer said, its best to space the doses. We space them 15 minutes apart. 1 pill wait 15 then another and have out entire dose done in 1 hour. We like to toss in a few Ginger capsules along the way to help the stomach and control motion sickness if its a problem. Depends on the person.

I disagree with the fasting, no need to fast for 3 days unless you want to do it like that that?s up to you, but definitely not necessary.

Offlineaural
Hola Amigos!
Loc: The Desert In The Spring
Re: Mushroom Pills? A proposal... [Re: mjshroomer]
    #869955 - 09/08/02 11:22 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

most users never experience because of the low dosages they normally require for their small brains to handle

give me a break!

OfflineThe_Greater_God
Some dude
Loc: Southwest region
Re: Mushroom Pills? A proposal... [Re: mjshroomer]
    #871068 - 09/09/02 03:35 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Would this method of taking one pill every fifthteen or so minutes apply for caps n stems as well ? Say one were attempting a high level trip, would this hender/help it ?

--------------------
Reality continues to stand in the way of what I truly want to do

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Mushroom Pills? A proposal... [Re: aural]
    #871162 - 09/09/02 05:02 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Hi Aural,

In reply to:

"most users never experience because of the low dosages they normally require for their small brains to handle."

Hi I was referring to the fact that the largest majority of shroom users take an avverage of one gram dose of P. cubensis. This is world wide from various surveys of mushroom use and streeet and high school sales of P. cubensis grown in vitro. The clinical dosage is from 3 to five grams and five would be the equivalent of a Mazatec ceremonial dosage used by shamns and curandera's dur9ng an all night velada.

Over the past thirty years I have interviewed hundreds of users who say they never see anything. That is becasue they all take subthreshold doses and do not consume enough to see the visuals for which the mushrooms are famous for.

What is sad about that is that the dealers who sell these shrooms to users is that thety charge an average price of ten dollars a gram for cubensis grown indoors. This in itself is a big rip-off. Many pay 25 for an eight and uup to fifty dollars for an eight in Hawaii and some parts of the usa.

In the PNW, many pickers will sell fresh ounces of liberty caps for five to ten dollars. That can be 2-3 doses. That is a fair price.

Fresh Ounces of Copelandia cyanescens in Hawaii sellf or ten dollars an ounce yielding sometimes five to ten doses.

The same for P. cyanescens in Washington and Oregon. ten to 25.oo dollars for an ounce of fresh p. cyans in Washington. Fair to people and many do experience the visuals.

Sometimes I have told users who say they see nothing that maybe they werent meant to see anything. A very good possible explanation is that they get cheated on the doses they buy and take.

Many take them in daylight. The sun will blind most visual effects. Thats why the Mazatecs and others take them in the dark.

On one hand it is not my right to tell others how they like to trip, but therse are valid facts and that is the way it is.

Have a shroomy month. I am now out of here until the midle of October.

Bye to all and to all a shroomy month.

mj

OfflinePapa_Bear
M-M GOOD!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado
    #873373 - 09/09/02 11:00 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Just tried caps on our last vacation in August. We ingested 10 caps each approx 5 grams......was OK...waited about 1 1/2 hours then took 5 more caps..was doing really well....there was a thunder storm hitting us and the lightning was awesome...I could feel each bolt and the thunder sent shivers all through my entire body.........after about 3-4 hours I felt really depleted and went to sleep. The caps were great no after taste which doesn't bother me I like the taste......my partner really likes the caps...she hates the taste, it was alot easier for her to ingest them.........results? The caps work great but I prefer to eat them fresh picked.    :smile: 

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Valerian Root

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience