Home | Community | Message Board

MycologyNow.com Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Concentrates, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineHeadbandOG
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Re: how many bad trips you had [Re: R.I.P.Zappa]
    #26029157 - 06/02/19 07:26 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Every high dosed mushroom trip gets pretty intense and uncomfortable at times. Never had a difficult lsd trip though

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePrimeNumber
Student
Male User Gallery

Re: how many bad trips you had [Re: CypressRage] * 2
    #26031503 - 06/04/19 02:45 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

CypressRage said:
There isn't such a thing called a "Bad trip"

This meme really needs to die. 

If we keep telling ourselves "there's no such thing as a bad trip" than we're deluding ourselves. 

You could say "there's no such thing as a bad mushroom" instead.

There are so many ways a trip could go bad--and they do--and just because you haven't had one doesn't mean they don't exist. 

And no, I'm not talking about challenging trips, either.  If you think that bad trips are actually challenging trips, you've never had a bad trip. 

Here's some signs of a bad trip:
-going to the hospital
-going to jail
-driving
-self-harm/suicide
-lasting HPPD

We should be making efforts to prevent bad trips and raise the chances of good ones, and to some extent, we do.  But we could do more.

InvisibleCypressRage
Suicidal Prick
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: how many bad trips you had [Re: PrimeNumber]
    #26031912 - 06/04/19 09:25 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

This depends on what constitutes a bad trip. Yes, the things you listed are bad that can happen while tripping. I think the OP is talking about the trip its self.

--------------------

OfflineThe Mycologist
Explorer

Re: how many bad trips you had [Re: CypressRage] * 1
    #26031966 - 06/04/19 10:11 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I think if we start using "challenging trip" instead it would be beneficial. This fear of a bad trip is creating bad trips.

--------------------
"That you are here—that life exists, and identity;
That the powerful play goes on, and you will contribute a verse.”
― Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
:acidfire::tmckenna:

InvisibleR.I.P.Zappa
Myco Melyco

Loc: In Between Space and Time Flag
Re: how many bad trips you had [Re: The Mycologist] * 2
    #26032925 - 06/04/19 07:38 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah I agree on a more stern note.
:monkeyspank:

Psychedelics amplify what is already there and there is nothing funny about not knowing who you are and being able to walk at the same time.

I would have been a 911'er on my first shroom trip if my older friend had not given me that silly look and told me to relax and breathe. Then carefully explained to me that I'm tripping on mushrooms and it's all in my head.
Then he said this happens buddy, we are all tripping balls, lay down and wait for a few more hours before making this worse on yourself.

I was nineteen, I didn't want to die and my evolutionary instincts were in full flight or fight when the answer was (just be still) (your tripping balls) thanks to my mushroom experienced friend being there.

If I was alone, with my own thoughts, my carnal instincts would have won me over to the police and hospital.

It is the mental stress of a challenging trip and underlying issues that breaks the camels back for many people.
A very good reason why people are vetted and ether denied or accepted for research studies.
As well as advised to have trip sitter especially on high doses or a new substance.
I thought I was a 90's psychonaut LSD casanova until my 1st mushroom experience and sternly understood the gravity of the substance and the risks there after.

It takes the smallest doses and a great trips to cause lasting HPPD.

Our own minds are our worst enemy's. Overconfidence is the undoing of many and our species; which why I say that the heaviest thing anyone will ever carry: is a thought.

If people are afraid of dying or in denial that they will die someday; they should seriously consider whether they should be taking these substances or not in the first place.

Whether it is a hallucination or not, you will be psychologically convinced that you are dieing. The next question is, are you going to be ok with that?

It's like saying, "yeah I could take a bear with a knife", then it really happens and turns out bears are far more stealthy, smelly and daunting up close and personal. 

This is the very reason these substances will probably never be freely available unsupervised like cannabis or alcohol.

Some people have mad skills at just, "wanting to have a good time", landing em jail sober as well. :justdontknow:

A psychotic break is a whole different ball of wax and it takes days to weeks to months to talk someone down from that trip.
It's not a indol trip, it's the real CIA FBI NSA following you trip. This is your biological body using everyone of its resources and knowledge you have obtained to SURVIVE AT ANY COST!!!!!

I had one while being up way to long on meth in my mid 20's and it is no fun being convinced that the whole world is against you. Then dealing with drug induced psychosis for 5 years thinking people are talking behind your back and still plotting.

Looking back, so naive of me,,,,

I would dare to say any of us in or forties can look back 20 years and think, that was voting?!?! Even 70 year olds call us still young and they do with good intention.

Don't think you are invincible just because you survived many battles. The universe has a good way of showing you how wrong you really are and then continue on with business as usual after it's done with you.

Get your sleep, take in your nourishment, and remember the heaviest thing you will carry in your whole life; is just one thought.

That is how fragile the mind is and even the strongest of minds has it's breaking point. It is not a question of if, but when  or more importantly, will you fully recover? :hug:

--------------------
-The heaviest thing one will ever carry is a thought-
-"Like a Blind man In an orgy you gotta feel things out.".-
-When we agree about our hallucinations, we call it “reality".-
-If you defy authority because your told to, that's no better than blindly trusting authority.-

psychonautwiki.org

How it should & shouldn't look - NEW CULTIVATORS GUIDE
BOD's Easy AF OAT prep tek.
Principles of mushroom growing for beginners

OfflineThe Mycologist
Explorer

Re: how many bad trips you had [Re: R.I.P.Zappa]
    #26033841 - 06/05/19 08:43 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I love the bear analogy.

Taking psychedelics can be like getting in a cold plunge where you have to deny natural reactions. For some it can be very difficult. Thats why alot of the times I recommend weed as a litmus test. If you can always handle your weed and stay relatively calm, then I would trust you with psychedelics alot more.

--------------------
"That you are here—that life exists, and identity;
That the powerful play goes on, and you will contribute a verse.”
― Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
:acidfire::tmckenna:

InvisibleSonicTitan

Re: how many bad trips you had [Re: The Mycologist]
    #26033846 - 06/05/19 08:47 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

About 59.72

--------------------
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

InvisibleTheStallionMang
Do U know who yur fuckin with?
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: how many bad trips you had [Re: The Mycologist] * 1
    #26033866 - 06/05/19 09:01 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Edited by TheStallionMang (09/29/19 08:33 PM)

Offlinelightrises
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: how many bad trips you had [Re: TheStallionMang]
    #26036176 - 06/06/19 12:23 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Ive never had a bad shroom trip but 20 years ago when i was a teenager lsd got me good a couple times. i dont mess with it anymore and havent since.
    had a bad time on shroomes once because my brother and sister in law started fighting like children while we where tripping and i couldnt get far enough away from them but we wont blame the boomers for that one lol

OnlineBlue Cthulhu
Fresh Spore

Loc: Pluto
Re: how many bad trips you had [Re: lightrises] * 1
    #26037200 - 06/06/19 10:08 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Strangely enough, my mushroom trips have become progressively more and more challenging (more than 50 in total, of varying dosages). I seem to have tapped into a "dark vein" of evil that I am working on converting into gold.

Shadow work is intense - our personal and collective evil is very real, and I seem compelled to explore it.

Thankfully I have managed to avoid what Erowid might label "train wrecks and trip disasters" e.g. going to the hospital/jail. I have had some minor police contact, one time while in an absolute ecstatic state - talk about a buzz kill! And plenty of times I have become paranoid that a train wreck might occur, e.g. vivid imaginings of my home burning down, police and firemen coming, me being absolutely bugged out. For me it is very useful to have a trip sitter who can reassure me that they will take care of any practical concerns. I heard Bill Richards (lead therapist in the John Hopkins psilocybin studies) speak about the value of a sitter: in order for your ego to relinquish control and allow you to die/be reborn, it helps to trust that there is still a functioning ego out there to watch over you.

OfflineNorthernerM
FSM acolyte
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: how many bad trips you had [Re: Blue Cthulhu]
    #26037419 - 06/07/19 12:15 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

The mushrooms are probably sending you a message, you need to listen. That's why it's getting harder and darker. I had similar with DMT. I had to go away, do what I needed to do and sort my shit out. Then it was love and light again.

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

OfflineHeadbandOG
Stranger
    #26037559 - 06/07/19 02:56 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Blue Cthulhu said:
Shadow work is intense - our personal and collective evil is very real, and I seem compelled to explore it.

This is a really good way to put it. I always end up exploring my shadow whether i want to or not. My first trip caught me off gaurd and was showing me things i didnt want to see. But i got to a point in that trip where i could see the "edge" of my shadow and that really calmed me down. Idk If that makes any sense. I had the impression that yes, i am capable of being a warrior if need be, but i am not violent by nature and actually, genuinely care about people.. Even if i am a little bit fascinated by violence. Not that i ever doubted that, just wasnt really aware

--------------------

Edited by HeadbandOG (06/07/19 03:04 AM)

OnlineBlue Cthulhu
Fresh Spore

Re: how many bad trips you had [Re: Northerner]
    #26038262 - 06/07/19 01:45 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Northerner said:
The mushrooms are probably sending you a message, you need to listen. That's why it's getting harder and darker. I had similar with DMT. I had to go away, do what I needed to do and sort my shit out. Then it was love and light again.

There is definitely truth to what you're saying. It's not that I don't experience love and light, but it seems as if in each and every trip, I must go through a portion of Hell and meet it with full awareness before the Mushroom allows me to return to the Light. If I avoid the darkness or try to force the trip to be enjoyable, I only seem to get stuck. Whereas in my earlier years of tripping, ecstasy seemed to come so much more effortlessly.

Do you mind if I ask what sort of shit you needed to sort out? For me, I have some powerful fear, guilt, and shame complexes that I'm peeling through layer by layer.

OnlineBlue Cthulhu
Fresh Spore

Re: how many bad trips you had [Re: HeadbandOG]
    #26038273 - 06/07/19 01:51 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

HeadbandOG said:
This is a really good way to put it. I always end up exploring my shadow whether i want to or not. My first trip caught me off gaurd and was showing me things i didnt want to see. But i got to a point in that trip where i could see the "edge" of my shadow and that really calmed me down. Idk If that makes any sense. I had the impression that yes, i am capable of being a warrior if need be, but i am not violent by nature and actually, genuinely care about people.. Even if i am a little bit fascinated by violence. Not that i ever doubted that, just wasnt really aware

I think I see what you mean - like being on the edge of the shadow is perhaps safer and more digestible than going to the heart of darkness and becoming overwhelmed...?

Speaking of being a warror, check out Robert Moore's book King, Warrior, Magician, Lover: Rediscovering the Archetypes of the Mature Masculine. As titled, the warrior is an essential aspect of our nature (for females, too). It has a mature aspect and then two shadow sides - the "weakling" and the "sadist" (two sides of the same coin). If you deny your warrior aspect you're in danger of falling prey to its shadow.

OfflineNorthernerM
FSM acolyte
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
    #26038488 - 06/07/19 04:19 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Blue Cthulhu said:
Quote:

Northerner said:

There is definitely truth to what you're saying. It's not that I don't experience love and light, but it seems as if in each and every trip, I must go through a portion of Hell and meet it with full awareness before the Mushroom allows me to return to the Light. If I avoid the darkness or try to force the trip to be enjoyable, I only seem to get stuck. Whereas in my earlier years of tripping, ecstasy seemed to come so much more effortlessly.

Do you mind if I ask what sort of shit you needed to sort out? For me, I have some powerful fear, guilt, and shame complexes that I'm peeling through layer by layer.

I had to sort out some addiction issues and the root causes of them, escapism and that sort of thing.

Things are better now though. 

Many people don't have their issues shoved in their faces the same way as psychedelic users do so it's much harder for them to look inside and see what is really going on. They can't see the trees for the forest. I hope you find healing brother and the courage you need to put your stuff to rest. :heart:

There is no try.  :levitate:

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

OnlineBlue Cthulhu
Fresh Spore

Re: how many bad trips you had [Re: Northerner] * 1
    #26038752 - 06/07/19 06:59 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks Northerner, I appreciate that. I feel I am on the right track. I'm glad you've found some healing yourself!

InvisibleSham87
GETHIGHER!
Male

Loc: Pacific Coast
Re: how many bad trips you had [Re: scotsman1]
    #26038758 - 06/07/19 07:03 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

a lot.

I jumped in completely ignorant. The first card in the tarot, 0, the fool

--------------------
:mushroom2::sun::crazy2::leaf:

...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest places if you look at it right...

:feelsgoatman:

OfflinePrimeNumber
Student
Male User Gallery

#26039077 - 06/07/19 10:32 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Blue Cthulhu said:
...it seems as if in each and every trip, I must go through a portion of Hell and meet it with full awareness before the Mushroom allows me to return to the Light...

Whereas in my earlier years of tripping, ecstasy seemed to come so much more effortlessly.

I feel this.  A while ago, it was all laughter during the peak.  Now the peak is supremely introspective to an uncomfortable degree.

How often are you tripping?

OnlineBlue Cthulhu
Fresh Spore

Re: how many bad trips you had [Re: PrimeNumber] * 1
    #26040988 - 06/09/19 01:28 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

PrimeNumber said:
Quote:

Blue Cthulhu said:
...it seems as if in each and every trip, I must go through a portion of Hell and meet it with full awareness before the Mushroom allows me to return to the Light...

Whereas in my earlier years of tripping, ecstasy seemed to come so much more effortlessly.

I feel this.  A while ago, it was all laughter during the peak.  Now the peak is supremely introspective to an uncomfortable degree.

How often are you tripping?

My last heavy trip was on mushrooms about 10 months ago. That one unlocked a huge vortex of repressed emotions within me and I'm still processing it 10 months later. It also connected me deeply with the spider archetype. Since then, I've done a number of light to medium trips (about every 1-2 months), and in the past 2 months I've been using (surprisingly) salvia to really good effect - it is helping me to process and integrate my mushroom induced turmoil.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Concentrates, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order