Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Rumors and the mind
    #1167511 -

I've noticed how alot of people swear how the stupidest rumors are true.
Example.. this guy I know says that when he trips, he feels his brain bleed. He believes this rumor to be totally true? After all, the visual distortions MUST be caused by blood splattering all over your brain and the backs of your retinas. :crazy:
Another person swears how he can feel the poison in mushrooms "bubble up his spine" which is what causes the body high.
My question here is.. do you know of any people that believe rumors to the point of "feeling" the effect in the rumor? The mind and placebo effects are strong things..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rumors and the mind [Re: Brugman]
    #1167570 -

ive felt it before with acid but not with mushroom, ive gottem headace from acid also
i know ur not really beeding.... didnt at the time was mental i think


--------------------

Edited by SubGen1us (12/24/02 10:43 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
[Re: SubGen1us]
    #1167585 -


Edited by matts (12/24/02 10:53 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rumors and the mind [Re: SubGen1us]
    #1167586 -

on acid i always feel somethinkg like a burning in the back side of my head :confused:
it's a little annoying sometimes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rumors and the mind [Re: Brugman]
    #1167761 -

I think I know what that guy's talking about when he says he can feel his brain "bleeding." Naturally, its not bleeding, and thats a pretty stupid thing to assume, but I get this feeling in my brain from psychedelics - it feels like my brain is growing or shifting around, which certainly isn't really happening, but thats the best description I can come up with for the feeling.

I don't know what his problem is - for me, this feeling is HIGHLY EUPHORIC :smile:


--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rumors and the mind [Re: Brugman]
    #1167858 -

I love the feeling LSD gives me.


--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rumors and the mind [Re: joe666]
    #1168003 -

Anyone who thinks that bullshit is true doesn't deserve to ever trip again. I've had many people contraindict me, saying that I'm wrong and it is a known fact that an LSD trip is caused by your brain splitting in two and the blood dripping down your spinal cord. Anyone that stupid deserves to have their brain bleed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rumors and the mind [Re: TinMan]
    #1168283 -

Anyone who promotes this bullshit deserves to never eat any mushrooms (or lsd in that matter) EVER AGAIN!!!! that shiit isnt true. but i guess this is the place where you find out that info, right?
peace.


--------------------
Evil is anointed, get disappointed
Guillotine to your spleen
You'll get defeated, you can't beat it, join it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rumors and the mind [Re: TinMan]
    #1168294 -

>it is a known fact that an LSD trip is caused by your brain splitting in two

You should tell anyone who says this that they wouldn't have a short term memory after they trip if it were true.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rumors and the mind [Re: Anonymous]
    #1168360 -

"If you take shrooms more than 4 times a year, you will die!"

"*laughs in her face* hahaha, no, that's complete bullshit! That's the most fucked up thing I've ever heard, I think you should do some reasearch"

"No it's true! Well, maybe you won't always die, but there's a good chance you will!"

"You're an idiot. Sexy, but and idiot"

*she gets pissed and walks away*

I later apologized, but told her to do some research before she shrooms. She's refused.


--------------------
There was a point to this message, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rumors and the mind [Re: spliffguru]
    #1168985 -

The best thing is, the people who say this contraindict me and say I am wrong. I remember texts from years ago that explained the myth but I just can't find them. A link would be great if anyone had one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Rumors and the mind [Re: Brugman]
    #1168990 -

Yes, about 98 % of the people that I know think that. They are a bunch of dumb asses, it scares me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Stupid shroom rumors.... Heard any? TheLightIsOn 1,512 9 09/04/09 12:38 PM
by P-O
* I just had the stupidest idea in the world and I need help with it ;D masterfluffypants 939 10 12/01/10 01:27 PM
by vulcAn
* Probably making the supidest decision of my life...
( 1 2 all )
Surename 2,390 34 03/04/11 01:46 AM
by JustChill
* RUMOR
( 1 2 all )
cogneatopoop 28,793 34 08/10/06 01:12 PM
by EquilibriuM
* Rumors Abound
( 1 2 all )
velvetundgrnd 2,692 23 12/27/04 01:08 AM
by incubaby_421
* Mushroom rumor??????? Abinator1 1,160 19 09/16/09 09:11 AM
by lsatrap
* Rumor: First time grow is only good for printing not eating? Weak spores? PookztA 1,935 12 09/21/05 08:59 PM
by JackTackle
* fact or rumor? SomeDrunkDude 792 11 10/13/05 04:06 PM
by ShroomArtist84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
1,750 topic views. 3 members, 21 guests and 75 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.