Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheLightIsOn
In the worst ofall your fears

Stupid shroom rumors.... Heard any?
    #4545657 - 08/17/05 03:51 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The two really hilarious rumors that I have heard about shrooms are: They make your brain bleed and they poison you.

Does anyone else have any stupid rumors about shrooms?

-PEACE

--------------------
AFOAF's current multi-grow log

"In the privince of the mind, what is believed to be true is true or becomes true, within limits to be found experientially and experimentally.  These limits are further beliefs to be transcended.  In the province of the mind, there are no limits." -John C. Lilly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Re: Stupid shroom rumors.... Heard any? [Re: TheLightIsOn]
    #4545763 - 08/17/05 05:49 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

:laugh:
Age old myths,there are propably a hundrend threads,if you try the search engine you will find especially the "brain bleed".

The first one makes me wonder:

Are people SO afraid to think for themselves?If yes,no wonder politicians bullshit them around to be revoted and act on "God's Will" to hammer down those with WOD (and get their oil). Did too many people skip biology classes? What the fuck,does everyone take sleeping pills during science courses in schools?

1) Ask people spreading those myths HOW do they make your brain bleed.it would be interesting to listen to their complete theory.

2)Its ok if someone havent heard of serotonine receptors psychedelics act on. But,its inexcusable and on the verge of dangerous stupidity to think that one can escape "brain bleeding" only to do it again next weekend.

Sorry but ,tell them that : If someone's brain bleeds he is in DEEP SHIT. Huge damage in the brain and/or death are very very real options hence surgeons choose to open your skull and fix the god damn bleeding.If  blood can find no escape in the brain (thats usually the case) pressure builds up and can  quite literally squish parts of the brain.

No.Brain bleeding is not something you can have it every weekend/month/year you eat mushrooms and walk around like nothing has happened.

On the poison issue. Its how you define a poison.If poison is defined as something lethal,then at the doses discussed it is not.If poison is defined like  a substance that can have great effect on normal physiological proccesses as a detterant  (or as an attractant if effects are deemed by the animal ingesting it as pleasurable)  then the definition of poison stands true. Most people have quite distorted views on poisons and medicines.They propably skipped the classes (or where too stoned to pay attention) where it was taught that poison and medicine are usually set apart by the dose.

Cardiac glycosides of the Digitalis species are a Poison.That means they can kill you by interfering with your heart beat,well you can call that dangerous :laugh: . In small doses though they were utilized as heart MEDICATION :laugh: .So is this heart medicine a poison? Yes ,it CAN be. In the dose given though its not one by the definition of "lethality" that many people have in their brains...

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Re: Stupid shroom rumors.... Heard any? [Re: Psiloman]
    #4545804 - 08/17/05 06:49 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Good Jeeoooorrrrbb on that post!

--------------------
:mallow:

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Re: Stupid shroom rumors.... Heard any? [Re: LazyCrash]
    #4545866 - 08/17/05 07:38 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I would call it more of a "logical jeeoooooorb" on that post. See,i can understand if people misunderstand highly technical matters (yes,i wouldnt call someone stupid for not understanding the neurochemical basis of action of Hallucinogens) but i cannot understant if people cant make simple logical deductions given that today we have got a nice wealth of knowledge easily accessible.

Look at the first three pages that pop up if you type Brain Hemorrhage in google

http://health.allrefer.com/health/hemorrhagic-stroke-info.html

http://www.csmc.edu/5651.html

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000796.htm

As anyone can see its something serious! Look the symptoms of it,it doesnt even mention hallucinations let alone its a grave (pun intended!) medical condition.No ,if you have it once you are in trouble. Its something you cant have "often",as "often" as one trips and live, intact enough to tell the tale!

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: Stupid shroom rumors.... Heard any? [Re: Psiloman]
    #4546460 - 08/17/05 11:21 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 12:44 AM)

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Loc: upstate, SC
Re: Stupid shroom rumors.... Heard any? [Re: StickyWater]
    #4546484 - 08/17/05 11:28 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

some guy told me once that it fucks up your back, he really couldnt describe how, i think he said it makes the muscles in your back tense up and then you'll have trouble later in life

and i was like 'that happens no matter if you do drugs or not' and he ignored me..

Quote:

And an unfortunaely large amount of people who seem relluctant to go and learn things for themselves.

On the other note, I've heeard that one about making your brain bleed, I was talking to a friend who said "I'm not doing shrooms again because they make your brain swell and bleed, and that's what makes you trip." I kindly explained to him that shrooms don't make your brain swell, let alone bleed. Throughout my life though, the biggest rumor I've heard was that smoking shrooms can make you go blind. I've been hearing this one ever since 6th grade dug awareness, ever since that I've been hearing it constantly. On the one hand I guess this isn't such a bad myth, even if it's not true, it stops people from foolishly smoking their mushies.

I can understand where the brain swelling myth came from, I've tripped before and was getting a bit of a headache and it did feel as if something was swelling and bleeding, good thing I knew better, otherwise that could have been a pretty unfun night

tru, i wish people would actually research things for themselves sometimes

--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

Edited by SerioOria (08/17/05 11:32 AM)

Offlinecarl
Revolutionary
Re: Stupid shroom rumors.... Heard any? [Re: SerioOria]
    #4549723 - 08/18/05 12:00 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

medicine and poison are the same thing. Many medicines taken in large doses can easily kill you. In essence they are the same... it just depends on the dosage whether its lethal or not.

Offlinesheldogg5
Stranger
Male

Loc: Arlen, TX
Re: Stupid shroom rumors.... Heard any? [Re: TheLightIsOn]
    #10998676 - 09/04/09 12:35 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i was watching 1000 ways to die last night and they showed some guy out in the desert who ate "a handful of magic mushrooms" and started talking to bushes, running around yelling and screaming, acting like a dog....he later wandered upon a group of people dressed in animal costumes having an orgy in the middle of the desert, the guy walked up to them and "in his altered state'' tried to join, they rejected him.... he saw a live bear 20 or 30 feet away and tried to have sex with it, and supposedly the bear killed him and nobody noticed...

just thought that was hilarious and so far fetched

--------------------
everything i post is entirely fictional
"and then one day you find 10 years have got behind you no one told you when to run...you missed the starting gun"

"for long you live and high you fly, but only if you ride the tide, balanced on the biggest wave you race towards an early grave"

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Loc: North Alabama
Re: Stupid shroom rumors.... Heard any? [Re: sheldogg5]
    #10998685 - 09/04/09 12:37 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

You bumt a thread from 4 years ago lol.

--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

InvisibleP-O
#AnyoneButHarper
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Stupid shroom rumors.... Heard any? [Re: sheldogg5]
    #10998690 - 09/04/09 12:38 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

"They are poison, and u only eat enough to make u "trip" anymore and your DEAD.  and if u use them more then 3 times ur IQ is below 90..."

My uncle tells me this when im 15... so of course it makes me intrested more then anything...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale