Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |
Re: Trump/Giuliani lobbying Ukraine for dirt on Biden and his son [Re: koods]
    #26242973 -

And Joe Biden only has "some possible relationship" to Hunter Biden?


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump/Giuliani lobbying Ukraine for dirt on Biden and his son [Re: Citizen X] * 1
    #26242979 -

Citizen X said:
qman said:
christopera said:
https://nypost.com/2019/10/04/ukraines-top-prosecutor-unaware-of-evidence-against-hunter-biden/?_gl=1*1myc2ow*_ga*UHZ1X3VOQ0RYeEdLOFRlaEV0UUtiaXNxQy12SDlUcXhlQy1ZaVhKd253SW80QkU3MEdwbVRjUkdkSzBPaHA0Uw..

The article is a few days old, but Ukraine’s top prosecutor doesn’t seem to think that Biden Jr. did anything wrong.

Also, it says Biden sr. was trying to clamp down on corruption while VP.



I don't think anyone suggested Jr. did anything illegal. It's just business as usual for politicians and their family members.

It doesn't matter if it's the Trump's, Biden's or other members of Congress. They usually never have to break any laws to benefit financially from their positions of power. The current system permits that type of behavior, so why wouldn't they take advantage of it?



^^^ran out of excuses in defense of the chosen one^^



I'm not making excuses for Hunter Biden, if he didn't break the law people have to deal with it. Is it unethical? Yes. Does the system permit it?  Yes.

Are politicians and corporate sponsors going to change it?  NO

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump/Giuliani lobbying Ukraine for dirt on Biden and his son [Re: qman]
    #26242986 -

Even the New York Times is saying what qman just said:

New York Times - What Hunter Biden Did Was Legal — And That’s the Problem


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump/Giuliani lobbying Ukraine for dirt on Biden and his son [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #26242988 -

It a bit of a move of the goal posts, no?

It went from, it was corrupt and Trump's right to investigate, to it's corrupt but its legal and crickets on Trump's false premise for investigating.


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump/Giuliani lobbying Ukraine for dirt on Biden and his son [Re: christopera]
    #26243009 -

I'd say it is still "it was corrupt and Trump's right to investigate".

Not sure why you think that's changed?  And if there was corruption (legal or not), and the Trump campaign knew about it, then it seems to me there wasn't a false premise for investigating.  :shrug:


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump/Giuliani lobbying Ukraine for dirt on Biden and his son [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26243041 -

An investigation into the legality of something everyone agrees is legal?


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump/Giuliani lobbying Ukraine for dirt on Biden and his son [Re: christopera]
    #26243044 -

No, an investigation into corruption, which everyone claims they want to get rid of in Ukraine.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump/Giuliani lobbying Ukraine for dirt on Biden and his son [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26243048 -

Well then why focus strictly on Biden Jr.? Why aren't we talking about a laundry list of things? Seems like a bad faith argument to me.


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump/Giuliani lobbying Ukraine for dirt on Biden and his son [Re: christopera]
    #26243061 -

I think the focus has been on Joe Biden.

Possibly because the whistleblower framed his complaint as Trump soliciting help from a foreign country to interfere in the 2020 U.S. election, and that's how the whole story is now being framed.  :shrug:


Edit:  I'm all for expanding the investigation to include others!

Edited by Falcon91Wolvrn03 (10/10/19 04:17 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump/Giuliani lobbying Ukraine for dirt on Biden and his son [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26243081 -

Trump also asked China to investigate Biden. How can we explain that?


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump/Giuliani lobbying Ukraine for dirt on Biden and his son [Re: christopera]
    #26243084 -

We know about Biden corruption in China as well.  It was probably even worse there than Ukraine.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump/Giuliani lobbying Ukraine for dirt on Biden and his son [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26243094 -

Look, I don't think Trump is a Saint, and I'm sure he's going after Biden because Biden may be his potential rival in 2016.  But if Biden is indeed corrupt (which he appears to be), does Trump not have the right to expose this?


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump/Giuliani lobbying Ukraine for dirt on Biden and his son [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26243109 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
We know about Biden corruption in China as well.  It was probably even worse there than Ukraine.



So it’s about Biden.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump/Giuliani lobbying Ukraine for dirt on Biden and his son [Re: koods]
    #26243113 -

It's about Biden corruption.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump/Giuliani lobbying Ukraine for dirt on Biden and his son [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26243115 -

If we are for exposing corruption, there shouldn't be any cognitive dissonance between the two actions. Trump going after Biden without any lawful reason (i.e. using his presidency to attack a political opponent), and Biden fucking around doing whatever it's proposed he did.


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump/Giuliani lobbying Ukraine for dirt on Biden and his son [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26243125 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
It's about Biden corruption.



You said it was about Ukraine corruption


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump/Giuliani lobbying Ukraine for dirt on Biden and his son [Re: koods]
    #26243127 -

I think fal just has the mindset that it’s perfeftly acceptable to use the power of the state to persecute your political enemies.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump/Giuliani lobbying Ukraine for dirt on Biden and his son [Re: koods]
    #26243140 -

No.  I think it may be acceptable to use the power of the state to persecute corruption.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump/Giuliani lobbying Ukraine for dirt on Biden and his son [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26243168 -

In some other thread you called me out in regards to saying something along the lines of "if you aren't doing anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about." I agree that this sentiment is wrong.

You've agreed that this "corruption" is probably legal. Why are you now for investigating people who aren't doing anything illegal? On what grounds can we even convict legal corruption?


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trump/Giuliani lobbying Ukraine for dirt on Biden and his son [Re: christopera]
    #26243213 -

christopera said:
In some other thread you called me out in regards to saying something along the lines of "if you aren't doing anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about." I agree that this sentiment is wrong.



I don't recall that thread, so I can't comment.  Maybe I said something like "if you aren't doing anything illegal, then you have nothing to worry about"?

christopera said:
You've agreed that this "corruption" is probably legal. Why are you now for investigating people who aren't doing anything illegal? On what grounds can we even convict legal corruption?



No, I don't think we can convict if this was legal corruption (I don't know the legality of it).

The point is that Biden claimed he wanted to eliminate corruption in Ukraine, and everyone seemed to agree with that.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Biden and Collin Powell talk about orchestrated crisis? (good article included)
( 1 2 all )
eatyualive 2,330 27 01/07/09 11:03 PM
by eatyualive
* Rudy Giuliani - Bush 2.0
( 1 2 3 all )
fireworks_godS 5,473 47 11/29/07 08:31 PM
by SlashOZ
* poll ..giuliani death toll(s)...
( 1 2 all )
Annapurna1 2,942 31 11/15/07 09:33 PM
by Annapurna1
* McCain camp gets in first licks regarding Biden's bullshit
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Phred 9,860 116 10/08/08 05:23 PM
by Phred
* A vote for Obama / Biden is a vote for the war on drugs.
( 1 2 all )
THE KRAT BARON 3,107 26 09/22/08 11:00 PM
by johnm214
* Rudy Giuliani Proposes `Biggest Tax Cut' in U.S. History :thumbup:
( 1 2 3 all )
lonestar2004 4,851 42 01/12/08 10:20 PM
by KillerChronic420
* Rudy Giuliani Just Admitted on National TV That Trump Made $130,000 Stormy Daniels Payment
( 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 all )
Mercurious 6,375 246 05/13/18 08:50 PM
by MagicMush123
* Rudy Giuliani's Health Plan: 'Take Care of Yourself' lonestar2004 896 3 08/01/07 02:02 PM
by zappaisgod

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
5,661 topic views. 3 members, 3 guests and 14 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.04 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.