Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: McCain camp gets in first licks regarding Biden's bullshit [Re: Phred]
    #9032021 - 10/05/08 01:41 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Just to prove my point, I wasted the fifteen minutes to watch that crap. I say fifteen minutes because I have a very slow third world connection... lots of pauses in my download.

As I suspected, out of that eleven minutes there was just thirty seconds (at around seven minutes in) devoted to listing Palin's supposed errors. And again, as I suspected, out of the five or six she mentioned, Maddow got half of them wrong, and the other half were the minor mis-steps like mispronouncing a general's name (the horror!) and getting the number of troops in Iraq off by a little bit. Maddow claims Palin mis-stated the general's position: she did not. The general has said that he endorses the idea of having more troops on hand. Maddow claims Obama did not vote against funding the troops: he did vote against funding the troops. Maddow claims Palin said Obama would raise taxes on people making just 42,000 a year, but that Obama said no such thing. That's hair-splitting. Obama has stated he wants to fix taxes at the same level as they were in the Clinton years. If they were raised to that level, then someone making 42,000 a year would be paying more taxes than they do today. 

Here's the thing - I knew as soon as I saw it was Rachel Maddow that she'd get it wrong. She's Rachel Maddow. A female Keith Olbermann. Of course she'll get things wrong. And when I let you badger me into proving my prediction, I ended up wasting my limited time. There was thirty seconds of that video detailing Palin's "errors", yet I had to sit through six hundred and thirty more seconds (plus another two hundred and forty seconds of download buffering) to see that thirty seconds. And at the end of all that, half of what she said was wrong.

So... Palin's actual errors at the debate? She mispronounced a general's name, got the current number of troops in Iraq off by a few thousand, and mis-stated McCain's position on a bailout bill that had changed more times in the last twenty-four hours than Maddow changes her underwear in a year.

Compare this to Biden's lengthy and vastly more embarrassing list.

See.... this is why I don't watch videos. It's not because I'm afraid my position will be refuted, it's because it's a massive waste of time.

So in future if you want to delude yourself into thinking you've scored some kind of debating points off me, just post another lengthy video from some Leftard bint and claim my refusal to watch it validates your point. Because I will not watch the next one.

Phred

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblelayzdapipe
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9032123 - 10/05/08 02:07 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:
So... Palin's actual errors at the debate? She mispronounced a general's name, got the current number of troops in Iraq off by a few thousand, and mis-stated McCain's position on a bailout bill that had changed more times in the last twenty-four hours than Maddow changes her underwear in a year.

She would have made more errors if she didnt evade questions by talking about energy until she ran out of time. You stated 3 things there I had 8 or 9 written down (some were ones you said were false), I didnt post them because I decided your zappa puppet isnt worth replying to.

With that being said, you shouldve just said you have a 56k modem. I do agree with palin on some things, I for some reason just feel she might not be the best option for the war. And when she started talking about afghanistan she scared me a little bit, Who are we at war with here, iran, iraq, and afghanistan? I feel like we need someone who knows more than I do, on sunni, shiites, and whatever other muslims there are, in office. I do not know much to nothing about muslims, extremists, al quaeda and it seems like i know just as much as mccain/palin, is that the type of knowledge you want in office during a time of war? Someone who fires blindly because they dont even know whos pulling the trigger at them?

But when she says energy is the key to american future, I kind of agree with her on that and she would be best for that area. But what good is energy gonna do us when we get nuked from fucking around in the middle east, when we should just let them kill eachother off and make it their problem? And attack the ones who attack us, not the people beside them.

She said obamas tax plans would ruin americas economy, lose more jobs, and destroy business something along those lines im not going to watch the vp debate again for an exact quote, and I dont see where she is coming from on that. Obamas plan to me sounds like it would be more of a balance for the economy.

--------------------

OfflineCoaster
BaĘżal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: McCain camp gets in first licks regarding Biden's bullshit [Re: layzdapipe]
    #9032161 - 10/05/08 02:17 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

Invisiblelayzdapipe
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: McCain camp gets in first licks regarding Biden's bullshit [Re: Coaster]
    #9032207 - 10/05/08 02:33 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:

i liked this one from the related

The ending is priceless.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #9032250 - 10/05/08 02:42 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I have an idea.  Let's just disable videos in the Politics Forum.  They do nothing to further debate.

--------------------

Invisiblelayzdapipe
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: McCain camp gets in first licks regarding Biden's bullshit [Re: zappaisgod]
    #9032285 - 10/05/08 02:48 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
I have an idea.  Let's just disable videos in the Politics Forum.  They do nothing to further debate.

Lets disable text too, you wouldnt mind videos if you had something over 56k.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#9032310 - 10/05/08 02:52 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

No, I still would, for the reasons Phred described.  5% content, 95% filler that you can't skip.  You can't cut and paste it and you can't debate it.  Videos are for intellectual cowards and lightweights.  Further, the preponderance of Coaster's posts consist entirely of videos with no other content at all.  People whine about Luddite's naked cut and paste jobs.  What about this crap?

--------------------

Invisiblelayzdapipe
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9032316 - 10/05/08 02:55 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
No, I still would, for the reasons I described.

The reason that you use a 56k modem?

If your reading an article why would you skip parts of it, youmight miss something important that if you miss and try to debate over make you look retarded. Videos are acceptable in my book.

And you can skip through videos just as if you were reading, if you ever get to load one fully youd find that out.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#9032376 - 10/05/08 03:09 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I skipped the "not".  Under no circumstances will I bother with videos unless the video is the topic.  You most certainly can skim articles.  If there is something there you read closer.  Are you serious?  Videos?  Nope.  Neither can you fisk a video point by point.  They are for cowards.

--------------------

Invisiblelayzdapipe
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9032442 - 10/05/08 03:23 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I got another idea that is pure genius, why dont we stay on topic?

Quote:

layzdapipe said:
Quote:

Phred said:

She would have made more errors if she didnt evade questions by talking about energy until she ran out of time. You stated 3 things there I had 8 or 9 written down (some were ones you said were false), I didnt post them because I decided your zappa puppet isnt worth replying to.

With that being said, you shouldve just said you have a 56k modem. I do agree with palin on some things, I for some reason just feel she might not be the best option for the war. And when she started talking about afghanistan she scared me a little bit, Who are we at war with here, iran, iraq, and afghanistan? I feel like we need someone who knows more than I do, on sunni, shiites, and whatever other muslims there are, in office. I do not know much to nothing about muslims, extremists, al quaeda and it seems like i know just as much as mccain/palin, is that the type of knowledge you want in office during a time of war? Someone who fires blindly because they dont even know whos pulling the trigger at them?

But when she says energy is the key to american future, I kind of agree with her on that and she would be best for that area. But what good is energy gonna do us when we get nuked from fucking around in the middle east, when we should just let them kill eachother off and make it their problem? And attack the ones who attack us, not the people beside them.

She said obamas tax plans would ruin americas economy, lose more jobs, and destroy business something along those lines im not going to watch the vp debate again for an exact quote, and I dont see where she is coming from on that. Obamas plan to me sounds like it would be more of a balance for the economy.

--------------------

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: McCain camp gets in first licks regarding Biden's bullshit [Re: johnm214]
    #9032513 - 10/05/08 03:38 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
  People whine about Luddite's naked cut and paste jobs.  What about this crap?

Quote:

johnm214 said:
I'm sorry, while I resent Phred's constant poisoning the well strategies, I agree that youtube is a distinctly annoying format.

You sit there watching some crap that may or may not have anything to do with anything it was proffered to demonstrate.

And regardless, it is assuredly much more time intensive than simply reading the damn points.

Video is a very poor format to convey an argument in.

Coaster ...was challenged... posted some 40minute diatribe by Gore.  No sources, no clear relevance, just empty rhetoric.

Its like getting hit by 30 irrelevant Luddite links, only it takes you half an hour to determine they're entirely unrelated/worthless instead of 30 seconds.

It's all the same.

Either off topic spam or a thirty second sound bite in a ten-thirty minute video vs a few sentence, on a good day, in one of the fifty links luddite generally posts.

Either way its a waste of everybody's time and usually of very tangential relevance.

I'm not for banning videos though, just berating coaster and luddite when they post their hit-and-run no discussion bullshit.  A better solution would be to extend the prohibition on new topic posts with no discussion to link or video drive-bys no matter where they appear in the thread.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #9032576 - 10/05/08 03:55 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

I'm really starting to agree

Quote:

coaster said said:

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#9032592 - 10/05/08 04:00 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

layzdapipe said:

She would have made more errors if she didnt evade questions by talking about energy until she ran out of time.

Let's actually deal with the errors she did make instead of inventing errors she didn't OK?  Are you sure your not Rachel Maddow?
Quote:

You stated 3 things there I had 8 or 9 written down (some were ones you said were false), I didnt post them because I decided your zappa puppet isnt worth replying to.

You didn't post them because you are lazy and or know they are bullshit.  Phred's puppet?  Not as far as you know.
Quote:

With that being said, you shouldve just said you have a 56k modem. I do agree with palin on some things, I for some reason just feel she might not be the best option for the war. And when she started talking about afghanistan she scared me a little bit, Who are we at war with here, iran, iraq, and afghanistan?

What the fuck are you talking about?  Nobody knows because there is no text to refer to even if one had watched the dumb MSNBC bint whine
Quote:

I feel like we need someone who knows more than I do, on sunni, shiites, and whatever other muslims there are, in office.

That would be just about everyone.  Do you honestly believe Barry is more knowledgable than McCain or that Biden, who thinks we kicked Hez out of Leb, is?  Clearly the most knowledgable candidate in this whole race is McCain
Quote:

I do not know much to nothing about muslims, extremists, al quaeda and it seems like i know just as much as mccain/palin, is that the type of knowledge you want in office during a time of war?

It only seems that way to an ignorant person, which you profess to be.
Quote:

Someone who fires blindly because they dont even know whos pulling the trigger at them?

Huh?
Quote:

We won't get nuked from fucking around in the Mid-East, we'll get nuked from not fucking around enough.  "Ooooh they are so big and scary lets hide under the bed and hope they don't hurt us."  Now there's some hopey changitude.  I have a better idea, let's just take them at their word and stop them now as well as persuade them that just maybe it is in their best interests not to fuck with us or our friends.  But that is ranging far from the "mistakes Palin made" topic of this thread, which at this point should just disappear in a puff of smoke since there doesn't really seem to be any substance.  At least according to you.
Quote:

Well that once again fails to elucidate a mistake by Palin.  Can't you ever stay on topic?  For a further detour I will quote you
im not going to watch the vp debate again for an exact quote
:rofl2:

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#9032599 - 10/05/08 04:01 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Don't you now wish we had stayed off topic?

--------------------

Offlinepiracetam
bioanalytical chemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX Flag
    #9032641 - 10/05/08 04:10 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
We won't get nuked from fucking around in the Mid-East, we'll get nuked from not fucking around enough.

wow, just wow.

:nonono:

--------------------
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is just poetry, imagination." ~Max Planck

Edited by piracetam (10/05/08 04:23 PM)

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
Re: McCain camp gets in first licks regarding Biden's bullshit [Re: piracetam]
    #9032665 - 10/05/08 04:15 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

What exactly is idiotic about that statement? It's common knowledge that they would love to see our demise by any means necessary. In your fantasy land it may be alright to allow your enemies to manufacture weapons equal to your own but back here in the real world that is fucking retarded and suicidal.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Offlinepiracetam
bioanalytical chemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX Flag
Re: McCain camp gets in first licks regarding Biden's bullshit [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #9032690 - 10/05/08 04:20 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

you honestly thing they're advanced enough that they have ICBMs to reach us? do you think most all the plutonium on the planet isn't accounted for?

paranoid much?

in my fantasy land, they'd love to see the mcdonald's and kfc's off of their holy land, that's pretty much it.
but I'm not paranoid enough to think they'll try to rid us of freedom on the homefront or destroy us, that's brainwashed jarhead talk.

talk about tinfoil hat theories...

--------------------
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is just poetry, imagination." ~Max Planck

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
    #9032720 - 10/05/08 04:28 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

No I do not believe they (speaking on Iran) have the ability to touch us right now and so long as we stay vigilant they never will. Even if they were to acquire nuclear weapons they would not beat us but they could kill hundreds of thousands - millions. Why do you believe we should allow our enemies to manufacture such weapons?

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#9032736 - 10/05/08 04:31 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

They have one hell of a lot better imagination than you do.

--------------------

Invisiblesaved by zero
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9032770 - 10/05/08 04:37 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

September 30, 1999

Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending 
By STEVEN A. HOLMES 

In a move that could help increase home ownership rates among minorities and low-income consumers, the Fannie Mae Corporation is easing the credit requirements on loans that it will purchase from banks and other lenders. 
The action, which will begin as a pilot program involving 24 banks in 15 markets -- including the New York metropolitan region -- will encourage those banks to extend home mortgages to individuals whose credit is generally not good enough to qualify for conventional loans. Fannie Mae officials say they hope to make it a nationwide program by next spring. 
Fannie Mae, the nation's biggest underwriter of home mortgages, has been under increasing pressure from the Clinton Administration to expand mortgage loans among low and moderate income people and felt pressure from stock holders to maintain its phenomenal growth in profits. 
In addition, banks, thrift institutions and mortgage companies have been pressing Fannie Mae to help them make more loans to so-called subprime borrowers. These borrowers whose incomes, credit ratings and savings are not good enough to qualify for conventional loans, can only get loans from finance companies that charge much higher interest rates -- anywhere from three to four percentage points higher than conventional loans. 
''Fannie Mae has expanded home ownership for millions of families in the 1990's by reducing down payment requirements,'' said Franklin D. Raines, Fannie Mae's chairman and chief executive officer. ''Yet there remain too many borrowers whose credit is just a notch below what our underwriting has required who have been relegated to paying significantly higher mortgage rates in the so-called subprime market.'' 
Demographic information on these borrowers is sketchy. But at least one study indicates that 18 percent of the loans in the subprime market went to black borrowers, compared to 5 per cent of loans in the conventional loan market. 
In moving, even tentatively, into this new area of lending, Fannie Mae is taking on significantly more risk, which may not pose any difficulties during flush economic times. But the government-subsidized corporation may run into trouble in an economic downturn, prompting a government rescue similar to that of the savings and loan industry in the 1980's. 
''From the perspective of many people, including me, this is another thrift industry growing up around us,'' said Peter Wallison a resident fellow at the American Enterprise Institute. ''If they fail, the government will have to step up and bail them out the way it stepped up and bailed out the thrift industry.'' 
Under Fannie Mae's pilot program, consumers who qualify can secure a mortgage with an interest rate one percentage point above that of a conventional, 30-year fixed rate mortgage of less than $240,000 -- a rate that currently averages about 7.76 per cent. If the borrower makes his or her monthly payments on time for two years, the one percentage point premium is dropped. 
Fannie Mae, the nation's biggest underwriter of home mortgages, does not lend money directly to consumers. Instead, it purchases loans that banks make on what is called the secondary market. By expanding the type of loans that it will buy, Fannie Mae is hoping to spur banks to make more loans to people with less-than-stellar credit ratings.

--------------------
I'm not a redneck, I'm a Appalachian-American

Edited by saved by zero (10/05/08 04:39 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

General Interest >> Political Discussion