Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 |
Re: Firearms laws and mass shootings [Re: Kryptos]
    #26131892 -

Kryptos said:
nooneman said:
I think that assault rifles will eventually be banned. But I think it'll probably only happen after a lot more bloodshed than we've already had, unfortunately. I wish people would just stop killing each other entirely.

I think a lot of other things will probably change over time too. The internet in the long run will probably be increasingly censored, for example. I think it's likely that places like 8chan won't be able to legally exist one day. Instead the FCC will probably regulate websites similar to how TV is regulated, maybe slightly less strictly (hopefully). Major sites like youtube and facebook will probably be just as regulated as old school TV.

I think extremism is also likely to suffer in general. There will be less sympathy for extreme positions. Extremists on both sides of the aisle are likely to be declared as terrorist organizations with increasing frequency. Their websites and accounts will be banned as internet censorship increases.

In the long run, maybe we'll become a better species one day.



If donald gets his little internet censorship bill passed, I fully expect this political forum to be shut down the next day for the protection of the website.



Just read about that, seems a bit North Koreaish.


--------------------
COCA GROWERS come here and share your knowledge
COCA GROWERS UNITE
:penis:Click here for UK trades:penis:
:penis: need some supplies in the UK check Here or PM me:penis:
UK OTD uk members chat
UK supplies and trade OTD place to chat shit
Right Here
If you use "SWIM" you should DROWN

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firearms laws and mass shootings [Re: YangSupporter] * 1
    #26133072 -

So Yang wants to upgrade peoples guns free of charge?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firearms laws and mass shootings [Re: Tantrika] * 3
    #26133575 -

Tantrika said:
So Yang wants to upgrade peoples guns free of charge?



Yes so they can only be fired by the owner. Based on grip not fingerprint its a cool technology. It would also prevent accidental firearm deaths children in the USA die on accident by finding there parents gun and playing with it and accidentally shooting themselves.


--------------------
https://youtu.be/cTsEzmFamZ8

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firearms laws and mass shootings [Re: YangSupporter]
    #26133629 -

YangSupporter said:
Looking for some input from the political junkies here. Do you think that gun control is inevitable due to the carnage that mass shooters are able to inflict on innocent people or do you think that due to the broken American political process and the conservative fanatics that gun reform will never happen?



First of all let me congratulate you on asking a completely loaded question, so loaded it wouldn't be allowed in a gun free zone.

Second who are you to say that I do not deserve a right given by the constitution?

Edit: Some stats for you.

92% of shootings since 2009 have been in "Gun free zones"

A 2013 study showed gun violence had dropped 50% from the peak in 1993.

There is no "gun show loophole"

Guns are used in self defense 100,000 to 2.5 million times per year.

The following countries enacted gun bans before committing genocide in the 20th century: Ottoman Turkey, Soviet Union, Nazi Germany, China, Guatemala, Uganda, Cambodia.

Sources:
http://crimeresearch.org/wp-contentploads/2014/10/cprc-mass-shooting-analysis-bloomberg2.pdf
http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fv9311.pdf
https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/facts-about-gun-shows
http://www.hoplofobia.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Armed-resistance-to-crime.pdf
http://www.mercyseat.net/gun_genocide.html


--------------------
I don't know shit.
And the more I know,
The more I realize it.

Edited by Zyiadem (08/13/19 11:38 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firearms laws and mass shootings [Re: Zyiadem] * 1
    #26133638 -

Zyiadem said:
YangSupporter said:
Looking for some input from the political junkies here. Do you think that gun control is inevitable due to the carnage that mass shooters are able to inflict on innocent people or do you think that due to the broken American political process and the conservative fanatics that gun reform will never happen?



First of all let me congratulate you on asking a completely loaded question, so loaded it wouldn't be allowed in a gun free zone.

Second who are you to say that I do not deserve a right given by the constitution?



I don't support banning every single firearm. I support common sense regulations. You would think after Sandy Hook or the Vegas massacre even conservatives would be willing to at least talk about gun restrictions.


--------------------
https://youtu.be/cTsEzmFamZ8

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firearms laws and mass shootings [Re: YangSupporter] * 1
    #26133656 -

No, not one bit.

Dems have been incrementally destroying our constitutional rights.

Every vote for a Dem is a vote for gun grabbers.


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firearms laws and mass shootings [Re: XUL] * 1
    #26133660 -

XUL said:
Dems have been incrementally destroying our constitutional rights.




Constitutional scholars can't even agree on the intention of the second amendment. So I question your constitutional knowledge to begin with. Also as I've stated I don't support a ban on everything.


--------------------
https://youtu.be/cTsEzmFamZ8

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firearms laws and mass shootings [Re: YangSupporter]
    #26133676 -

Smartgun defeated by magnet.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Don't need to be a scholar to read that, it was written clearly so it could be understood clearly.


--------------------
I don't know shit.
And the more I know,
The more I realize it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firearms laws and mass shootings [Re: Zyiadem] * 3
    #26133680 -

Zyiadem said:
Smartgun defeated by magnet.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Don't need to be a scholar to read that, it was written clearly so it could be understood clearly.



Sounds like you need to be a member of a REGULATED militia and not a private citizen.


--------------------
https://youtu.be/cTsEzmFamZ8

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firearms laws and mass shootings [Re: YangSupporter]
    #26133685 -

That comma in between the two is intentional.

And here are plans for homemade scrap metal firearms that anyone can build with ~300$ of tools and <40$ of supplies, and a printer.

Scrap Metal Gun Plans


--------------------
I don't know shit.
And the more I know,
The more I realize it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firearms laws and mass shootings [Re: Zyiadem]
    #26133794 -

Zyiadem said:
That comma in between the two is intentional.

And here are plans for homemade scrap metal firearms that anyone can build with ~300$ of tools and <40$ of supplies, and a printer.

Scrap Metal Gun Plans



EH go fuck yourself!


--------------------
https://youtu.be/cTsEzmFamZ8

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firearms laws and mass shootings [Re: XUL]
    #26133812 -

XUL said:
No, not one bit.

Dems have been incrementally destroying our constitutional rights.

Every vote for a Dem is a vote for gun grabbers.



Lol, and Nixon did wonder's for American rights.


--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firearms laws and mass shootings [Re: YangSupporter]
    #26134481 -

YangSupporter said:
EH go fuck yourself!



:tombstone: This guys argument Here it lays beneath the earth, brought low by 4 posts and the realization there is no reason to disarm law abiding citizens.


--------------------
I don't know shit.
And the more I know,
The more I realize it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firearms laws and mass shootings [Re: Zyiadem]
    #26134736 -

The only way to get gun reform is more mass shootings. It has to be so commonplace, that any public place is at risk. Then and only then will sensible gun reform happen.

The 2nd Amendement was meant to protect US citizens from foreign enemies/self-protection NOT mass murder!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firearms laws and mass shootings [Re: Zyiadem] * 3
    #26134935 -

Zyiadem said:
That comma in between the two is intentional.




Yes. It’s not a period. The first clause is the rationale for the second clause.

The people constitute the militia, and they should be well regulated. You can own a gun but the government gets to regulate. The second ammendment explicitly requires gun control


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firearms laws and mass shootings [Re: koods] * 1
    #26134945 -

All the hard line gun nerds not only misinterpret that line, but they also forget about the 200 years of law the reinforce the federal governments ability to regulate gun ownership.

Apparently you don't need to be a scholar to interpret it, you just need be honest, a lack of gun fetish helps too.


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firearms laws and mass shootings [Re: christopera] * 1
    #26134970 -

The problem is Republican rhetoric says that more guns is the solution.  They think if everyone was armed to the teeth, there'd be no snipers.  Fact is more weapons just makes a battlefield and it seems the only thing some people are good at is war.


--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firearms laws and mass shootings [Re: Morel Guy] * 2
    #26134975 -

Imagine if guns were mandatory. It would turn shopping centers into Hollywood shooting gallery if a mass shooter broke out.

But hey, at least less people might die right? I mean the only thing that scares a mass shooter is another person with a gun right?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firearms laws and mass shootings [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #26134979 -

Maybe we need gangs of people waltzing around with Uzi's.  Lol.

I think the average American is too stupid to drive a car, let along operate a firearm.  I've seen how the average cops is.  I'm surprised more of them don't shoot themselves by accident.

I mean a cop will pull a gun on you for the lowest jail-able offense.  They full on assault your house for the smallest of shit.  We don't need average Americans with that mentality.


--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Firearms laws and mass shootings [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 3
    #26134985 -

Getting shot at the grocery store feels like freedom to me.


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 |


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* 2nd amendment to justify shooting pigs?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
dee_N_ae 14,666 131 09/19/02 01:08 PM
by francisco
* Politicians who support the Right to Carry law
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 3,523 32 05/02/03 05:14 PM
by luvdemshrooms
* Why do you own firearms?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
TheOneYouKnow 5,221 63 03/22/04 10:23 PM
by Ekstaza
* Canada's firearms registry: The issue isn't gun wingnutx 641 1 07/23/03 10:35 PM
by pattern
* Gun laws in Wash. DC. Barbi 2,834 18 07/21/04 04:07 AM
by luvdemshrooms
* Business owner fatally shoots intruder wingnutx 637 7 08/22/03 09:07 PM
by shakta
* Police shoot demonstrators mm. 2,786 15 10/12/18 06:26 PM
by christopera
* Virginia Gun laws... Mykro_Guy 542 4 10/04/04 07:15 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
4,123 topic views. 2 members, 3 guests and 13 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.