Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invitation to participate in the Psychedelics user survey * 1
    #26072304 -

To the fine people at the Shroomery,

I would like to invite you to participate in the Psychedelics user survey, which is a research project run from the Department of Sociology at the University of Bergen. The link to the survey is: https://www.survey-xact.dk/LinkCollector?key=VMKA7C95JJ15

The survey is completely anonymous: it does not ask for any identifying information and does not store your IP address or any other Internet data. The survey provider, SurveyXact, has an agreement with the university that it will conform to the strict new GDPR privacy regulation that you have probably heard about. If you are still in doubt about your privacy, the survey has been tested to work with the Tor browser at the “standard” and “safer” levels, but not at the “safest” level, which disables forms. I see no reason why it should not work via a VPN. In order to participate, you must be at least 18 years old, have a good understanding of English, and have experience with one commonly used psychedelic. Please only answer the survey once.

I have previously interviewed people here at the Shroomery about their experiences with psychedelics, and this has resulted in an article about microdosing (which you can read at https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/1455072517753339), and one article about entheogenic spirituality (read at https://www.researchgate.net/publication/327221790_Entheogenic_Spirituality_Exploring_Spiritually_Motivated_Entheogen_Use_among_Modern_Westerners).

In the survey, you will be asked about your usage pattern and motivations for use for one psychedelic, as well as for cannabis. You will also be asked to characterize your most meaningful psychedelic experience, a typical experience, and your worst experience (maybe a bad trip, or maybe just your least interesting trip). Finally, you are asked to judge the long-term consequences of your use of this psychedelic.

I hope you will give it a go, and also keep this thread alive with on-topic comments and suggestions.

The link to the survey is: https://www.survey-xact.dk/LinkCollector?key=VMKA7C95JJ15

Thanks for your attention :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Invitation to participate in the Psychedelics user survey [Re: entheogenstudy]
    #26072346 -

I'm afraid my answers might have been a bit odd for the first segment because I was having to find a way to fit the 2-3 times I tried cannabis 10 years ago into the questions, but maybe the second segment about the psycedelics is helpful lol


--------------------
Life saved by DMT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Invitation to participate in the Psychedelics user survey [Re: entheogenstudy]
    #26072358 -

Nice.  Glad to see there is no upper age exclusion as with other surveys posted to this board.


--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

                                                                               

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Invitation to participate in the Psychedelics user survey [Re: JonBa] * 1
    #26072361 -

Hi Op.

Your article is excellent.

I particularly enjoyed your summary of the demographics involved and biases that they brought...it was refreshing and gave weight to the honesty of the content.

I will as a mid thirties white male continue to make it difficult for you.:wink:


--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Invitation to participate in the Psychedelics user survey [Re: pineninja]
    #26072371 -

Thanks to you all for taking part in this. Did you get a feeling for how much time you spent?

JonBa:
I realize it's hard to go back ten years and remember exactly how things were, but it is still good to get input from many different angles and perspectives. So thanks!

Nature Boy:
All ages, genders and sexual orientations are welcome! The existence today of psychedelics user segment aged 40-70 is very interesting and deserves more attention.

pineninja:
Thanks for your kind words. It seems mid thirties white males are the dominant psychedelics user segment, so it's important that they are well represented in the participant sample :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Invitation to participate in the Psychedelics user survey [Re: entheogenstudy]
    #26072380 -

10 minutes or so.:thumbup:


--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Invitation to participate in the Psychedelics user survey [Re: entheogenstudy]
    #26073892 -

entheogenstudy said:
The existence today of psychedelics user segment aged 40-70 is very interesting and deserves more attention.



Why exactly?  It's no surprise to me...


--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Invitation to participate in the Psychedelics user survey [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #26074082 -

PrimalSoup said:
entheogenstudy said:
The existence today of psychedelics user segment aged 40-70 is very interesting and deserves more attention.



Why exactly?  It's no surprise to me...



People in the psychedelic community know about this, but it's not a much emphasized fact in research and I doubt the general population is aware of it. So in that respect it deserves more attention.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Invitation to participate in the Psychedelics user survey [Re: entheogenstudy]
    #26074142 -

OK well that makes some sense.  If you were going to a site like this, for instance, there's likely strong self-selection bias as well.  I started tripping in my twenties - about 40 years ago - and have never stopped, for too long anyway.  :laugh2:


--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Invitation to participate in the Psychedelics user survey [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #26074194 -

If you read his article you would see that he has addressed those biases.


--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Invitation to participate in the Psychedelics user survey [Re: pineninja]
    #26074652 -

I only skimmed it but I would expect no less.  :havesomescience:


--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Invitation to participate in the Psychedelics user survey [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #26074998 -

Getting a representative sample of psychedelics users is actually extremely difficult. I wrote an article about it (https://www.researchgate.net/publication/332408136_Who_is_the_median_psychedelics_user_Methodological_challenges_for_research_in_psychedelics_use_and_its_consequences), but so far it's not very popular.

Recruiting from an online forum excludes people without a connection or a computer, obviously, and as PrimalSoup mentioned there is also self-selection bias in that certain types of forum-users are probably more inclined to take part in the survey. My guess would be that people who are more serious and thoughtful about their psychedelics use are more inclined to answer such surveys, while people who are jsut using psychedelics and other drugs to party probably can't be bothered. What do you think?

There should also be more women taking part! Women are especially encouraged to participate in the survey :smile:

The link to the survey is: https://www.survey-xact.dk/LinkCollector?key=VMKA7C95JJ15

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Invitation to participate in the Psychedelics user survey [Re: entheogenstudy] * 1
    #26075357 -

You've motivated me to do the survey, which I normally don't.  :cookiemonster:

It's not because of the inherent value or the possible contribution to research - it's because you've actually come on here and made cogent posts to the community, rather than just tossing out a link and asking for participants.  :thumbup:


--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Invitation to participate in the Psychedelics user survey [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #26075622 -

These types of survey's always confuse me. It's like they need a "well...sometimes:shrug:" option or something.


--------------------
Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Invitation to participate in the Psychedelics user survey [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #26075641 -

I took it. I was honest, but kind of felt some of my answers may have been misleading due to sporadic use. Pretty sure my frequency of use of cannabis would change if it were legal where I lived.


--------------------
¡uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ɯ,I 'ǝɯ dlǝH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Invitation to participate in the Psychedelics user survey [Re: goffa]
    #26076091 -

This was interesting to be a part of. Thank you! I really am glad I did the survey. I love seeing the research unfold what seems like by the day on these wondrous chemicals, plants, and fungi.


--------------------
TRADE LIST

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Invitation to participate in the Psychedelics user survey [Re: Walt.JS3]
    #26076271 -

Quote:
How far in advance do (or did) you usually plan the use of cannabis? Choose nearest option.

A year in advance



:lol:

Did the survey though :smile:


--------------------
The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread - for those of us looking for New Zealand-specific assistance!

Check my journal for my attempts at growing mushrooms!

"Don't accept that what's happening
Is just a case of others' suffering
Or you'll find that you're joining in
The turning away"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Invitation to participate in the Psychedelics user survey [Re: Dunedinite]
    #26076369 -

Thanks to everybody for answering the survey and for your comments. I appreciate it :smile:

PrimalSoup:
I am happy that I was able to motivate you!

Asura:
Sorry if the options given did not quite fit with your experience. Do you have a specific example? It is probably too late to make changes at this time, but I would still like to learn how to do this better. Thanks for your input in any case!

goffa:
Like I said to Asura, I am sorry if the options given were not appropriate for your experience. Do you remember something that was particularly off? Thanks for your participation and honesty :smile:

Walt.JS3:
Thank you!

Dunedinite:
Agree that the one-year option for planning cannabis use is excessive, but I wanted the options to be the same for cannabis and psychedelics. One year is perhaps excessive for psychedelics too, although I have spoken to people who planned a session up to half a year ahead. I guess when choosing the range of options it is better to err on the side of wideness rather than narrowness, but I could be wrong. I recognize at least that it can get a bit silly sometimes. And thanks.

I would be happy if people who use psychedelics just for fun and don't think there is anything serious or important about it also took the survey! It is good to have every type of user represented :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Invitation to participate in the Psychedelics user survey [Re: entheogenstudy]
    #26076462 -

I don't really remember anything that was particularly off as it would be hard to construct a survey of this manner.

I think an "additional feedback" at the end of each section or a text entry field next to the "other" box might actually give you more info if you got multiple answers that were similar.

I guess it really just depends on the scope of your research and what exactly you are looking to find.


--------------------
¡uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ɯ,I 'ǝɯ dlǝH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Invitation to participate in the Psychedelics user survey [Re: goffa]
    #26077334 -

Thanks, goffa. I did consider an open text field at the end of the survey, but for some reason opted out. I don't even remember why, so it was probably a poor choice.

Anyway, I am very happy about the friendly reception this survey has gotten here at the Shroomery, so thanks everybody for that :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Salvia 1x and 5x for a first time psychedelic user?
( 1 2 all )
hpnotiq 5,357 20 12/23/04 12:14 AM
by headset
* Are users of psychedelics getting younger?
( 1 2 3 all )
Acidfiend 9,576 50 02/28/04 06:57 AM
by jfeow
* Is there hope for the psychedelic /drug culture?
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 6,355 23 04/03/04 06:38 AM
by lightset
* How can we get psychedelics rescheduled?
( 1 2 all )
psikooz 4,286 20 03/17/04 05:01 PM
by Psiloman
* Responcible and recreational Entheogen users?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
crazycanadian 16,205 81 07/25/03 03:01 AM
by tooky
* Conscructing the Psychedelic Experience Kid 8,762 14 05/30/17 10:50 AM
by CactiLover
* Improved performance on psychedelics? Twirling 2,588 16 12/12/17 10:55 PM
by Magic-mike24
* Epilepsy and psychedelics. NiamhNyx 7,565 18 07/03/18 07:54 PM
by HappyHigh

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
4,782 topic views. 1 members, 10 guests and 105 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.04 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.