Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesandman_130
Neo-Classical Spiritualist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
SYRIAN RUE DOSAGE!!!
    #5200868 - 01/19/06 10:50 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Hey all, I've done Rue once before with mushrooms, but I would like to experiment with Rue by itself. I was wondering about dosage, I can't seem to find any good reliable info from Erowid, they are some reports that say 10grams, and some that say ounces.

Any help or suggestions from people who have used Rue by itself is greatly appreciated! :laugh:

:thumbup:share the wisdom :thumbup:

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: SYRIAN RUE DOSAGE!!! [Re: sandman_130]
    #5200916 - 01/19/06 11:01 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Proceed with caution...

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Edited by elgr (02/05/06 05:36 PM)

OfflineGulGen
Old Bird
Male User Gallery

Loc: I live in the Internet
    #5200925 - 01/19/06 11:02 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

This link should pretty much give you all you need to know. Note the conversions at the bottom of the page, as well.

Since the potency of the seeds can vary about 3x (according to Shulgin), it's probably best to start low and work up unless those with more experience testify otherwise (maybe most sources sell a fairly consistent batch?).

Offlinesandman_130
Male User Gallery

Re: SYRIAN RUE DOSAGE!!! [Re: GulGen]
    #5201033 - 01/19/06 11:22 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

ya reason I ask is because i've done it with shrooms before, only took a teaspoon and had crazy ass effects. But then last night I tried it and I took about 3 teaspoons and had no effects whatsoever. I would like to have a full blown trip though, but thanks for the link i'll try to go over it again.

any other experiences would help too!

thanks guys.

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

Invisibleno1joe
out of the loop for a while
 User Gallery
Re: SYRIAN RUE DOSAGE!!! *DELETED* [Re: sandman_130]
    #5201167 - 01/19/06 11:55 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by no1joe

Reason for deletion: 1

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: SYRIAN RUE DOSAGE!!! [Re: no1joe]
    #5201175 - 01/19/06 11:56 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Incorrect, read my post, read the Tihkal link.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Edited by elgr (02/05/06 05:35 PM)

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
Re: SYRIAN RUE DOSAGE!!! [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5201336 - 01/20/06 12:44 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

3gm seeds (from different vendors) finely powdered consumed in gel-caps will get me pleasantly intoxicated. B. Caapi vine at higher dosages will provide a definate 'trip' with some extreme unpleasantness... still havn't found my optimal dosage with the vine and potency can vary dramatically. Some people have extreme reactions to the seeds, watch your diet restrictions and start low.

(sorry elger, I was replying to orignial poster)

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

Offlinesandman_130
Male User Gallery

Re: SYRIAN RUE DOSAGE!!! [Re: schmutzen]
    #5203615 - 01/20/06 04:53 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

ok first off, sryian rue is ACTIVE by itself. So if you don't know anything about rue please do not respond to this thread. I would like to hear experienced people, or people who have actually done alot of research on the subject.

I would like to thank all the great reply's so far, I believe we need to have more info on syrian rue, and yes, I have checked erowid....I have read lots. Their is not much they have on syrian rue alone, only a couple of pages.

I wanted to do rue tonight, but fuck I'm drinking which sucks.....Syrian rue seems like a very interesting substance too me, and I believe it could become maintstream but I also fear for people who do not take the diatery cautions.

So, i'm asking you, all pyschonauts, please enlighten me on your experiences with Rue when using it alone. I would love to hear your experiences. Like I mentioned earlier I have used it with mushrooms and felt the effects like no other....I would love to have some more information on this topic. Although within the next week I should be able to post a report myself, but I am trying to figure out proper dosage. Thanks anyways guys, hope to hear from ya.

--------------------

OfflineKurenchai
Gnome

Loc: The Garden
    #5203648 - 01/20/06 05:00 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I wouldn't expect a 'full-blown trip' from syrian rue, more of a pleasant kind of giggly high. I made a tea of approx. 3g. and had a nice high for a couple of hours. Definitely be safe with syrian rue, it can potentially be really bad if the right precautions aren't taken.

--------------------
things that are oooobvious...

Offlinehappysun
God Machine
Male User Gallery

Loc: NM USA
    #5204280 - 01/20/06 08:42 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Last weekend I extracted 4 grams of Syrian rue seeds into pretty pure crystals. There was hardly any table salt in it because I was really careful. 4 grams should be 4 doses from what I've read. I figured that in the extraction process I would loose some so I divided my yield into thirds and took one third. I ate that third in three smaller doses over an hour. I didn't feel anything at all. Not even any stomach nausea which made me happy. I didn't feel anything at all until i took 150mg of dmt about an hour later. Then I was UBERFUCKED about 10-15 minutes later. To my mind and my body rue does just about jack shit by itself. I seem to be fairly insensitive to psychedelics though. I might have felt something if I would have waited longer, but I'm sure it would have been negligible. Thats my experience.

If you're going to eat rue I would suggest doing an extraction because I hardly had any nausea. I used the vinegar and cold precep tek from erowid. I forget the name. I would be interested in making a smokable tar out of rue. Any suggestions anybody?

--------------------
"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science" ~ Einstein

www.myspace.com/lucuse

InvisibleMorphrying
Innocent as Hell
Loc: seated
    #5207180 - 01/21/06 04:41 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I've run Syrian Rue up to 9 grams before, not performing manske.

I experienced massive tracers, and an extremely sedate headchange, and then sleep.  There's no way to explain the tracers.  Maybe equivalent to dosing 10 tabs of good acid, but the headchange is nowhere near the same as with lsd.  Every time I would move my head, my whole field of vision would trace.  Others have run up to this dosage and experienced much stronger results along with nausea and vomiting.  I didn't experience any nausea at all.

Do yourself a favor and perform the manske method on the seeds if you want to use harmine/harmaline at an active dose, the seeds are anti-cholinergic, and the resulting crystals might not produce as much sedation as the seeds themself.

I've never read anything about people trying multiple ounces of syrian rue, save for a few 30 gram reports.  They made me feel a slight sedation at 2 grams, and visual effects started at around 5 grams or so.  The alkaloid concentration is highly variable, as mentioned, so excersize caution! 
:smile:

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: SYRIAN RUE DOSAGE!!! [Re: Morphrying]
    #5207375 - 01/21/06 05:57 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

rue seeds have other alkaloids besides the "classic harmala" chems...
dr shulgin states that the other stuff may equal the amount of beta-carboline MAOIs (harmine/harmaline)... & many of the other alks are more anti-cholinergics & maybe even uterotonics, etc...

as to a smokable FB --- take the mixed harmala HCl salts from the manske/hasenfratz = vinegar/NaCl method & dissolve into warm/hot dH2O, & then ammonia solution (make sure laundry ammonia is labeled "unscented non-sudsing"!!!) until ppt ceases & chill; the solids are crude harmala FB...
decant &/or filter & wash with ice-cold dH2O & dry well (may be re-crystallized into pretty rhomboids from just enough hot alcohol (did you filter the hot soln?) ---> (dry IPA or high-proof EtOH), cooling & evapping until the goodies Xtal out...
smoking 25-40 mg of this FB powder (or crystal) while dosed and/or dosing on almost anything else (ganj, O, cactus, shroom, even salvia!)will mos' def'ummmm "catch yr attention" (...but by itself mostly tends to be rather sedating & boring unless taken to serious excesses, mmmm?)

or so i have been told, heh...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinehappysun
God Machine
Male User Gallery

Re: SYRIAN RUE DOSAGE!!! [Re: gnrm23]
    #5207657 - 01/21/06 07:43 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks gnrm23! I'll try that. I had such an amazing experience with my harmala hcl salts with dmt I now want to try it with everything! I'll be careful though.

--------------------
"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science" ~ Einstein

www.myspace.com/lucuse

Offlinelwo
Stranger
Loc: redland USA
    #5208157 - 01/21/06 09:59 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I boiled 20 grams or so of seeds, drank the (horribly nasty) juice. And "tripped" for about 6 hours(?) Yes I puked about 3 times.

NEW QUOTA

Don't do, Syrian Rue
( by itself!)

Offlinesandman_130
Male User Gallery

#5210126 - 01/22/06 12:24 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

wow thanks for all the feedback guys.

Since so many people don't like Rue, is it the nasuea and vommiting that turns people away from it? Or is their something else about the trip that makes it not a very mainstream drug?

--------------------

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#5210145 - 01/22/06 12:30 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

It's a little too psychotic, disconnected, and nauseating for me..

--------------------

Offlinehappysun
God Machine
Male User Gallery

Re: SYRIAN RUE DOSAGE!!! [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5210671 - 01/22/06 03:19 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I wouldn't be interested in using rue by itself because i would expect to get nasuious if I took 9 grams or something. But also because you have to be so careful about what you eat. If i'm going to all that trouble and sickness I want a top notch experience not just tracers and a mild trippy experience.

Do you want to try it because that is all you have or because you didn't like the mushrooms and rue? I'm kind of hesitant about trying that combo myself although i'm sure i'll try it pretty soon. I've recently just been tripping indoors because its winter and that tends to make it easier for me to get introspective. With dmt and rue so far i don't get introspective at all.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/lucuse

OfflinecatAtonicCOMAtoes
Stranger
    #25957108 - 04/26/19 03:13 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I have had a respectable amount of experience with syrian rue and prescription MAO inhibitors. I've found 3g of rue to be a an excellent potentiator for most psychedelics and 5g+ to be psychedelic in it's own right.

I have experimented with various methods of consumption. In the past simply stirring in the seeds with a glass of orange juice has been sufficient for oral use. I've tried taking the seeds on their own with out added citrus and didn't receive any effects. I imagine the seeds can be hard to digest.

I would not advise smoking whole seeds. I did this on a daily basis and had a number of negative personality changes as well as trouble breathing at times. The smoke is quite dense. Have not experimented smoking extracts.

I feel the best way to consume the seeds is to boil them for a good 2 hours or more with 2 separate extractions. The tea can then be boiled down to small doses of a few milliliters. Otherwise if you simmer off most of the water, you can then let the extract air dry to an gooey oil. Acid/Base extractions are an option for those dedicated to a purer medicine.

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: SYRIAN RUE DOSAGE!!! [Re: catAtonicCOMAtoes]
    #25959620 - 04/27/19 09:24 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the informative post, I'm getting more and more interested in mixing maoi's and psilocybin. I've had some extracted harmala sitting around for ages that I always forget to try.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies