Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAndre
Stranger
How long do i need to be off my antipsychotic medication before i can smoke DMT
    #25933587 - 04/14/19 05:12 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

When taking the antipsychotic medication Amisulpride, sold under the brand name Solian, at 250 mg dosage everyday, how long do i haft to stay of the Amisulpride before i can smoke DMT without any problems?. Does it take days or even months before i can smoke?. I have been using antipsychotic medication for about 3 years with no break.

Edited by Andre (04/14/19 05:14 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: How long do i need to be off my antipsychotic medication before i can smoke DMT [Re: Andre] * 3
    #25933615 - 04/14/19 06:16 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I highly recommend against using DMT if you have a psychotic predisposition. There's a good chance it'll fucking shred your mind, spit you out and then laugh at you. The experience itself is pure insanity, it's not mana from heaven.

People with completely stable psychology often experience trauma, derealization, and other negative consequences from DMT use. The potential for it to go horribly wrong for less stable people is quite high.

Probably best to avoid it.

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

OfflineThesunbeam
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: How long do i need to be off my antipsychotic medication before i can smoke DMT [Re: Northerner]
    #25933633 - 04/14/19 06:40 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Great advice northerner, yeah getting off your antipsychotics to smoke an extreme hallucinogen sounds like a terrible idea

Offlinekabel
Stranger
Re: How long do i need to be off my antipsychotic medication before i can smoke DMT [Re: Thesunbeam] * 1
    #25933675 - 04/14/19 07:27 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

At John Hopkins when they do psychedelic research it's standard for them to have their subjects go off their meds (though not your meds) for 5 half lives of the specific medication. I'm unaware of any data to say that's best but I have read it in enough papers to think researches think it's a good rule of thumb.

A quick google search of amisulpride tells me its half life is 12 hours. Going by that three days should be plenty.

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: How long do i need to be off my antipsychotic medication before i can smoke DMT [Re: kabel] * 1
    #25933689 - 04/14/19 07:45 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

kabel said:
A quick google search of amisulpride tells me its half life is 12 hours. Going by that three days should be plenty.

Three days might be enough to get the medicine out of your system, but it takes weeks if not months for the brain to reset to it's normal state. It's now used and adjusted to the effects.
Stopping such medication completly from one day to the other is not good either.

Also, Northerner's advice to not do dmt with such mental weakness is top. Just don't do it, it could be more harmfull than healthy. A dmt experience is 100% brainfuck and earth shattering. Simply not good for the weak-minded.

-

Offlinepinedownpioneer
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX
Re: How long do i need to be off my antipsychotic medication before i can smoke DMT [Re: Pandemoon]
    #25933702 - 04/14/19 07:55 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Very low doses of dmt feels like a vitamin my body needs lol. High doses is completely bonkers.

--------------------
Trade list

Need kratom? Message me now.

OfflineAndre
Stranger
Re: How long do i need to be off my antipsychotic medication before i can smoke DMT [Re: pinedownpioneer]
    #25934101 - 04/14/19 12:01 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I have never been psychotic in my life, as my psychologist who specialize in psychosis also tells me, its a legal thing, i did a crime and a bad doctor told the court i needed treatment, but in reality this was false. I have had alot of experiences with high doses of magic mushrooms before i got my medication and that worked fine, i have alot of good and positive memories from my mushroom trips.

I guess i need some weeks, or 1-3 months at the most, before i can smoke DMT without any interference from the drug that i have been on for 3 years.

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Re: How long do i need to be off my antipsychotic medication before i can smoke DMT [Re: Andre]
    #25934170 - 04/14/19 12:33 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

That's ugly Andre, I'm sorry to hear that man. Fucking criminal doctor. I can't believe that happened, I'm shocked that you ate that shit after that for so long. I'm sure you had your reasons though.

I haven't read on the action of your medication but knowing the evil that is modern mood modifiers it probably works through some inhibition mechanism. It'll take a while before you start firing on all cylinders again. Probably best to give yourself plenty of time to pull right. SSRI and SNRI medication take up to a year to normalise from after extended use

DMT isn't really like anything, it's in a class of its own hey. It's a claymore under the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I thought that because I had years of psychedelic experience it'd be natural for me, but it turned out to just be a headfuck of immense proportions. Don't think that because you have tripped hard many times you have it down already, it has a way of humbling the unwary.

If I was you I'd probably do it. Be aware of yourself and take plenty of time to integrate between trips, before falling headfirst into it. It's sneaky shit that can mess with you in ways you never knew existed.

--------------------

Offlinekabel
Stranger
Re: How long do i need to be off my antipsychotic medication before i can smoke DMT [Re: Pandemoon]
    #25934630 - 04/14/19 04:24 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Pandemoon said:
Three days might be enough to get the medicine out of your system, but it takes weeks if not months for the brain to reset to it's normal state.

Apparently, psychedelic researchers don't think "reset to its normal state" is necessary.

Quote:

Just don't do it, it could be more harmfull than healthy.

It could also be the opposite though, right?

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Re: How long do i need to be off my antipsychotic medication before i can smoke DMT [Re: kabel]
    #25934749 - 04/14/19 05:25 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

kabel said:
Quote:

Pandemoon said:
Three days might be enough to get the medicine out of your system, but it takes weeks if not months for the brain to reset to it's normal state.

Apparently, psychedelic researchers don't think "reset to its normal state" is necessary.

It'd be good to get some context to that. Have you got a link to an article where you read it?

I'm not doubting, just very interested to read it.

--------------------

Offlinekabel
Stranger
Re: How long do i need to be off my antipsychotic medication before i can smoke DMT [Re: Northerner]
    #25934828 - 04/14/19 06:12 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Northerner said:
It'd be good to get some context to that. Have you got a link to an article where you read it?

I'm not doubting, just very interested to read it.

I misplaced the exact article I'm referring to. I'm sure about the number though as I had it out to correct a physician who said just stopping your dose that day would be enough. I think it was a Roland Griffiths paper that I highlighted, but I've come across it numerous times in other papers.

A quick google got me this...

"As a general rule, five half-life periods are required before the body is able to eliminate virtually all of a single dose of a chemical (Williams & Baer, 1994)."

...from section 63 here: https://epdf.tips/concepts-of-chemical-dependency-sixth-edition.html

They cited an original source. I'll try and look it up next.

Offlinekabel
Stranger
Re: How long do i need to be off my antipsychotic medication before i can smoke DMT [Re: kabel]
    #25934850 - 04/14/19 06:26 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Tracing it back to the 1994 edition of this

https://www.amazon.com/Clinical-Pharmacology-Nursing-Charold-Morris/dp/0874343798

Beyond that you'll have to take my word for it.

OfflineAndre
Stranger
    #25934920 - 04/14/19 07:03 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

kabel said:
Tracing it back to the 1994 edition of this

https://www.amazon.com/Clinical-Pharmacology-Nursing-Charold-Morris/dp/0874343798

Beyond that you'll have to take my word for it.

So when do you think it will be fine for me to smoke DMT?, do i need days, weeeks, or months?. What is the name of the psychedelic researchers that don't think "reset to its normal state" is necessary as you say? i wanna read more about this.

Edited by Andre (04/14/19 07:05 PM)

Offlinevinnylo
Fake Chemist

Re: How long do i need to be off my antipsychotic medication before i can smoke DMT [Re: Andre]
    #25935021 - 04/14/19 08:13 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Mushrooms and DMT arenCOMPLETELY different substances. There is no compare whatsoever. If your looking for an answer in the psychedelic realm, I dont think DMT is what you want. This is the strongest drug/molecule in the entire world and if your on a medication for psychosis, do not try it.

--------------------

Offlinekabel
Stranger
    #25935133 - 04/14/19 09:22 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Andre said:
So when do you think it will be fine for me to smoke DMT?, do i need days, weeeks, or months?

I can't answer your first question, maybe now, maybe never. However, after 3 days cessation of the drug you listed there should no longer be enough of it in your system to interact with the DMT, positively or negatively.

Quote:

What is the name of the psychedelic researchers that don't think "reset to its normal state" is necessary as you say? i wanna read more about this.

I think it was a Roland Griffiths paper but I could be mistaken. Here are about 40 of them:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Griffiths+RR%5BAuthor%5D+psychedelic

My recollection was that they were using psilocybin to treat depression and they had subjects go off all relevant medications for 5 half-lives of the med.  It wasn't discussed in any detail but more of a mention of it being a standard practice. But what's "normal state" anyway? Depressed, psychotic? If they are using psychedelics to treat mental illness they are using it to get you away from what's currently your "normal" state and/or to restore you to a better "normal" state.

Offlinekabel
Stranger
Re: How long do i need to be off my antipsychotic medication before i can smoke DMT [Re: vinnylo] * 1
    #25935141 - 04/14/19 09:24 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

vinnylo said:
Mushrooms and DMT arenCOMPLETELY different substances. There is no compare whatsoever.

Molecularly they are almost identical.

Quote:

If your looking for an answer in the psychedelic realm, I dont think DMT is what you want.

It's always treated me well.

InvisibleThe lurker
Other User Gallery

Re: How long do i need to be off my antipsychotic medication before i can smoke DMT [Re: vinnylo]
    #25935161 - 04/14/19 09:43 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

vinnylo said:
Mushrooms and DMT arenCOMPLETELY different substances. There is no compare whatsoever. If your looking for an answer in the psychedelic realm, I dont think DMT is what you want. This is the strongest drug/molecule in the entire world and if your on a medication for psychosis, do not try it.

:lol: you are entirely wrong. When you consume mushrooms Psilocybin gets dephosphorylated in your liver into 4-hydroxy-DMT (Psilocin) the chemical that actually effects you. Obviously, you can’t eat pure dmt because it gets destroyed by enzymes in your liver, this added 4-hydroxy to the dmt in psilocin if you have any understanding of chemicals at all allows the dmt in the compound to bypass those enzymes in your liver that would previously destroy it, effectively making it an orally active from of dmt.

Quote:

vinnylo said:
Mushrooms ARE orally active dmt

Fixed that for ya.

For OP, if you were perscribed those for the reason you said I would wait until there’s an absolutely minuscule amount of that antipsychotic left in your body before smoking DMT. I don’t know much about the substance you’re taking specifically but 250mg for 3 years you’ve probably got some decent half life time going on, for some it could only be a week for others months, you should research the half life and stuff like that of that substance and figure out the math for your personal experience.

Edited by The lurker (04/14/19 09:51 PM)

OfflinePrimeNumber
Student
Male User Gallery

Re: How long do i need to be off my antipsychotic medication before i can smoke DMT [Re: The lurker]
    #25936392 - 04/15/19 03:03 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Andre, I'd give it at least a month.  And you better have a trip sitter that's prepared to stay over for the night.

Personally, I think people with mental illness (not saying that's you) need psychedelic drugs more than anyone, but that being said, they need to use more caution. 

Most anti-psychotics and anti-depressants come with a black box warning that states the drug may increase suicidal thoughts and behaviors.  Taking psychedelics might have risks, but taking drugs that make you want to kill yourself seems a lot riskier. 

Psychiatric medication has an effect on the brain, to be sure, but not necessarily the intended effect.  There's a reason people go off their meds, and unless you've taken them, you wouldn't understand.

Offlinevinnylo
Fake Chemist

#25936875 - 04/15/19 07:22 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Ok they are molecularly they are but effects on the human body is what I mean dude. Come on you know this...

--------------------

OfflineHeadbandOG
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Re: How long do i need to be off my antipsychotic medication before i can smoke DMT [Re: Andre] * 1
    #25936913 - 04/15/19 07:44 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Andre said:
I have never been psychotic in my life, as my psychologist who specialize in psychosis also tells me, its a legal thing, i did a crime and a bad doctor told the court i needed treatment, but in reality this was false. I have had alot of experiences with high doses of magic mushrooms before i got my medication and that worked fine, i have alot of good and positive memories from my mushroom trips.

I guess i need some weeks, or 1-3 months at the most, before i can smoke DMT without any interference from the drug that i have been on for 3 years.

Same shit happened to me. Was legally required to take meds the duration of my dui probation. 3 years. Eventually another doctor took me off all the meds and wanted to file a  legal complaint against the other doctor because he prescribed a potentially lethal cocktale of medications that should never be prescribed together and was causing seizures for an entire year. All i can say about doctors, especially psychiatrists, is get second opinions from a seperate clinics.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom