Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Sporeworks.EU Shop: Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: koods]
    #25777347 -

"The only way to save the world is through socialism, but a socialism that exists within a democracy; there's no dictatorship here."

Hugo Chavez


--------------------
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Judge Aaron Satie

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: vault123] * 1
    #25777404 -

He was right in the sense that when oil prices were high democracy worked fine becasue who’s not gonna vote for that guy spreading the wealth. Of course now democracy is impossible in Venezuela if you are a person like maduro with no wealth left to grease the wheels.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: koods]
    #25777413 -

Socialism is incompatible with democracy.


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: koods]
    #25777422 -

Somethings gonna happen.....current government denied a billion dollar gold withdrawal via Bank of England. Increase in US sanctions..... money will dry up, and we will buy them.


--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Edited by SirTripAlot (01/29/19 06:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Thundermuscle75]
    #25778174 -

Thundermuscle75 said:
All this blaming of capitalism for the failures of communism/ socialism never seems to take into account that at it's height, 1/3 of the worlds population lived under communism. Those communist regimes meddled in other countries bussiness as much as anyone else.



Do you have any good examples to share of Soviet actions that hurt capitalism?

Thundermuscle75 said:
The bleak, misrerable Soviet Union that Koods visited was not a little snowflake in a frying pan. It was a superpower.



And yet the majority of Russians say they'd like to go back to Soviet times.

:shrug:


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Enlil] * 2
    #25778245 -

Enlil said:
Welfare isn't socialist in any way.



Sure it is. Republicans still think FDR was a communist.

Nearly every humanistic government program, social security, unemployment compensation, government aid to the poor, worker's compensation for injuries, etc., all have their orgins in the platforms of socialist parties in Europe.

In modern times when we differentiate between socialist and communist, socialist generally refers to a society like Sweden. Every country's  economy on earth is a mixed economy. Socialists just change the ratio in that mix.


--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

Simulacrum
The truth which conceals that there is none

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Enlil] * 2
    #25778480 -

Enlil said:
Socialism is incompatible with democracy.



So is capitalism.


--------------------

Edited by shivas.wisdom (01/30/19 06:46 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25778587 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
And yet the majority of Russians say they'd like to go back to Soviet times.

:shrug:



Bulgaria when last polled felt the same as I understand it.

Of course, the U.S. has substantial military outposts there now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgarian–American_Joint_Military_Facilities


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25778641 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Thundermuscle75 said:
All this blaming of capitalism for the failures of communism/ socialism never seems to take into account that at it's height, 1/3 of the worlds population lived under communism. Those communist regimes meddled in other countries bussiness as much as anyone else.



Do you have any good examples to share of Soviet actions that hurt capitalism?
Well they helped run capitalism out of eastern Europe and most of Asia. They did not weaken it as a whole because it is a stronger system.
Thundermuscle75 said:
The bleak, miserable Soviet Union that Koods visited was not a little snowflake in a frying pan. It was a superpower.



And yet the majority of Russians say they'd like to go back to Soviet times.

:shrug:



I chock it up to nostalgia. The communist apologists love to claim that Communism was only horrible under Stalin because he was so evil.

Most Russians however have a positive view of Stalin.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/06/29/in-russia-nostalgia-for-soviet-union-and-positive-feelings-about-stalin/%3famp=1

Humans are known to look back fondly on historical periods, especially the time of their youth. We tend to hold on to fond memeories and let the bad slip away.

This is why MAGA works. It invites one to imagine the historical era when one sees America as greatest and promises to bring us back
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/05/make-the-sixties-great-again/481167/


--------------------


"Rape ... Is a... can of apples" -Fiery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Thundermuscle75]
    #25778772 -

It could be nostalgia.  Or it could be the fact that everyone once had a guaranteed job if they were willing to work, a house, free college, free healthcare, etc.  That doesn't sound too bad even for someone not feeling the nostalgia.  :shrug:


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Edited by Falcon91Wolvrn03 (01/30/19 11:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 2
    #25784645 -

OMG.  Is this for real?

Bolton threatens to send Maduro to Guantánamo if he doesn't step aside and allow the US's choice of leader to take over Venezuela.

It's Bolton that needs to go to Guantanamo.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 2
    #25784831 -

Bolton goes to Guantamo all the time, right before he takes his family on vacation in Havana. He's got some prospective properties there, you know, for when Trump let's him know that we are in good relations with Cuba again.


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #25784834 -

Did you see his little note about sending troops to Columbia? He’s exactly the kind of person trump blames for our problems and now he’s running the show.

Bolton goes to Guantanamo to get his rocks off waterboarding prisoners that have been there for 15 years


Edited by koods (02/01/19 10:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: koods] * 3
    #25784836 -

God damn that mustache is ridiculous


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: koods] * 3
    #25784843 -

he's a ghoul, for sure

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: ballsalsa] * 2
    #25784871 -

Bolton, Cheney, Wolfowitz and Trump are the three horsemen and the guy on a pony of the apocalypse


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: koods]
    #25784874 -

I've seen Michael Bolton in concert three times.

This is what we do for those we love.


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Enlil]
    #25784895 -

That’s his twin brother


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: koods] * 1
    #25784957 -

He has Trumps smile!


--------------------


"Rape ... Is a... can of apples" -Fiery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25785064 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
OMG.  Is this for real?

Bolton threatens to send Maduro to Guantánamo if he doesn't step aside and allow the US's choice of leader to take over Venezuela.

It's Bolton that needs to go to Guantanamo.



Holy shit. I hope people are paying attention to what's going on here. It's really unsettling. I cringe every time I hear Mike Pence speak on the subject of Venezuela. It's crazy that we haven't heard a peep out of him in all of his time in office (that I've noticed), yet now he decides to throw in his half a whit, and make America look even dumber.


--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"No my dog won't bite you, tho it had the right to. You ought to give him credit, cuz he knows I woulda let him" - Modest Mouse (And Wooof!)
Every one of you should see this video.


Edited by Bigbadwooof (02/02/19 01:30 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >

Sporeworks.EU Shop: Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Hugo Chavez has tape of CIA plotting Venezuala Coup SquattingMarmot 926 4 09/21/03 07:47 PM
by afoaf
* Radio Ad Attacks Nader Over GOP Support fft2 920 5 07/14/04 05:28 PM
by JesusChrist
* Would you support a revolution? Sombie 781 19 08/11/03 07:42 AM
by shakta
* Venezuelan E-Voting afoaf 455 0 07/13/04 10:21 AM
by afoaf
* America's role in the Chilean coup Edame 923 16 09/11/03 01:00 PM
by Xlea321
* Bush losing re-election support? adrug 1,905 14 09/28/03 11:34 PM
by SquattingMarmot
* War people, why do you support the war?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
rhizo 11,172 145 07/05/06 09:56 AM
by Phred
* Venezuelan Socialism
( 1 2 all )
lines 2,465 20 09/16/08 11:21 AM
by Redstorm

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
11,699 topic views. 1 members, 3 guests and 16 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 18 queries.