Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: vault123]
    #25775489 -

And he made Venezuela the strongest economy in South America for a time.

What he should have said was “I am convinced that the path to a new, better and possible world is not capitalism, the path is socialism, provided the US doesn't interfere.”


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25775498 -

Yeah,  malaria isn't so bad provided one is immune.


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25775502 -

No. The Iraq war did. Chavez didn’t do anything but ride the wave of artificially high oil prices. Then his total ineptitude and kleptomania destroyed it.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: koods] * 1
    #25775511 -

koods said:
Chavez didn’t do anything but ride the wave of artificially high oil prices. Then his total ineptitude and kleptomania destroyed it.



Great, are we ready to talk about some of these articles?


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Enlil]
    #25775517 -

Enlil said:
Yeah,  malaria isn't so bad provided one is immune.



:lolwut:


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25775535 -

Oh, I thought we were playing the fairytale game.


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Enlil]
    #25775548 -

:lolwut:

Is anyone here following Enlil?


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25775553 -

A world where capitalist nations don't interfere with socialist nations is pure fantasyland


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Enlil]
    #25775562 -

Got it, thanks.  Ya, I think you're right.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #25775565 -

That's why socialism doesn't work.


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25775693 -

“The trouble with Socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money."

Margaret Thatcher


--------------------
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Judge Aaron Satie

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: vault123] * 1
    #25776297 -

Margaret Thatcher's a smart lady - she can make believe something about socialism and the uneducated masses might believe her.

If the state owns the means of production, they get the money from the sale of goods rather than some billionaire.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25776344 -

And yet,  socialism doesn't work.


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Enlil] * 1
    #25776425 -

or capitalism needs to be dismantled for it to happen


--------------------
War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Tipote] * 2
    #25776491 -

All this blaming of capitalism for the failures of communism/ socialism never seems to take into account that at it's height, 1/3 of the worlds population lived under communism. Those communist regimes meddled in other countries bussiness as much as anyone else.

The bleak, misrerable Soviet Union that Koods visited was not a little snowflake in a frying pan. It was a superpower.

And I don't buy the talk about how it's not communism because the workers never fully controlled the means of production or any of the other excuses. Those countrues are what you get when a regime with a communist ideology takes control.

I could make up a system where the end state is everyone gets a unicorn that provides them with all they need. If the system creates a disaster saying, "That's invalid because we never reached peak unicorn" is a shitty explanation.

And yes I'm aware that Socialism was mentioned not Communism. But when you talk about dismantling capitalism and the state owning the means of production you seem to be in the same boat.


--------------------


"Rape ... Is a... can of apples" -Fiery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Thundermuscle75]
    #25776542 -

A well worded response that explains post-hoc rationalisation. Good points.


--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Tipote]
    #25776549 -

Tipote said:
or capitalism needs to be dismantled for it to happen



In other words,  it won't happen.


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Tipote]
    #25777033 -

Enlil said:
And yet,  socialism doesn't work.



Tipote said:
or capitalism needs to be dismantled for it to happen



I mean... Most countries have mixed systems these days. Medicine might bw socialized and other business aspects are capitalistic. There arent many pure socialist or pure capitalist countries. In america for example we have welfare both corporate and social.


--------------------


Everything is better when it is done ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Sulfurshelfsean]
    #25777068 -

Welfare isn't socialist in any way.


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: US supports Venezuelan coup attempt - "Totally not meddling" [Re: Enlil]
    #25777094 -

A country that is as oil rich as Venezuela could actually make true socialism work. The fact that they are in such a desperate situation just demonstrates how completely inept and corrupt the Chavez Maduro regime is. Venezuela is the most poorly run country in the world. Kim Jun Un could turn Venezuela into a socialist paradise and keep the population from escaping to boot.

Of course when the oil runs out they would be the most pathetic country in the world again.

Edited by koods (01/29/19 03:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Hugo Chavez has tape of CIA plotting Venezuala Coup SquattingMarmot 926 4 09/21/03 07:47 PM
by afoaf
* Radio Ad Attacks Nader Over GOP Support fft2 920 5 07/14/04 05:28 PM
by JesusChrist
* Would you support a revolution? Sombie 781 19 08/11/03 07:42 AM
by shakta
* Venezuelan E-Voting afoaf 455 0 07/13/04 10:21 AM
by afoaf
* America's role in the Chilean coup Edame 923 16 09/11/03 01:00 PM
by Xlea321
* Bush losing re-election support? adrug 1,905 14 09/28/03 11:34 PM
by SquattingMarmot
* War people, why do you support the war?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
rhizo 11,175 145 07/05/06 09:56 AM
by Phred
* Venezuelan Socialism
( 1 2 all )
lines 2,465 20 09/16/08 11:21 AM
by Redstorm

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
11,699 topic views. 2 members, 1 guests and 18 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.