Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
First grow looking good? * 1
    #25725279 -

This is the first flush of my first grow ever. What do you think? Look good?http://http://http://http://

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First grow looking good? [Re: Markawill30]
    #25725285 -

Looking pretty good to me, especially for a first time grow! Nice flush,looks healthy. Wish I did a mono my first time instead of fucking around with cakes  :facepalm:


--------------------
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind - this is the teaching of the Buddhas

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First grow looking good? [Re: juniperus]
    #25725311 -

Nice first.  I used poly on my first mono and it’s annoying.  Ya did good, real good. Clone that big boi up front and center


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First grow looking good? [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #25725318 -

First grow looking good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First grow looking good? [Re: Markawill30]
    #25725322 -

Looks great.
Get the dehydrator ready.
It wouldn't hurt anything to cut a dozen and make tea right now if you're anxious.:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:
:goodluck:


--------------------
Last seen 12/2/2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First grow looking good? [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #25725328 -

I actually have 5 PDA Petri dishes I plan on cloning with. Just not really sure on the process yet but I’ll read up on it a little.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First grow looking good? [Re: Markawill30]
    #25725343 -

Bod said, ''Tear mushrooms in half
Put tissue on to petri dish
Shortest tek ever ''

Ha.:bringiton:
Basically from stem to cap, rip it open, cut a chunk out of middle as sterile as possible, put in dish quick and clean, transfer away from biopsy when you get good growth.


--------------------
Last seen 12/2/2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First grow looking good? [Re: Duhrwood Stevens]
    #25725345 -

From what I’ve read so far, Petri dishes contaminate very easily. I will have to take my time and make sure I clean extremely well during transfer. I’m already wanting to get more spawn for my next run but not sure what I want to grow next. These are B+

Edited by Markawill30 (01/05/19 03:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First grow looking good? [Re: Markawill30]
    #25725355 -

Markawill30 said:
From what I’ve read so far, Petri dishes contaminate very easily. I will have to take my time and make sure I clean extremely well during transfer. I’m already wanting to get more spawn for my next run but not sure what I want to grow next. These are B+




Untrue, but the best part about agar is that you can just transfer away from contam into new plates.  It’s forgiving. 

Read my journal.  See franks clone tek.


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First grow looking good? [Re: Markawill30]
    #25725362 -

You gotta have a SAB at least.
B+ is great!!!
All the info is here, study, stock agar, lme, petris and have a blast.
:goodluck:


--------------------
Last seen 12/2/2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First grow looking good? [Re: Duhrwood Stevens]
    #25725368 -

Are PE’s harder to grow or worth the extra time to grow?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First grow looking good? [Re: Markawill30]
    #25725370 -

Always best to sample the strength of the fruits you're going to clone and run, as you can end up growing a lot of nice looking but weak fruits otherwise

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First grow looking good? [Re: Markawill30]
    #25725372 -

Hey world said:
Congrats they look great! I’m on my first grow aswell but I went for brf cakes. Yours looks nice and tidy.

Sorry to ask in your thread but 2 of my cakes look like they are going to tip over because of the pins and little mushrooms growing from the bottom.  Should I do anything with them?




Lol.  :scumbagman: Nah don't mess with them, this is common. Unless you're sure they're going to fall over. They're fruiting there because the conditions are best where they are. You can flip them if need be, but I would avoid it, personally.

Markawill30 said:
Are PE’s harder to grow or worth the extra time to grow?



Use the search function. Yeah often harder. Worth it? Some seem to think so. I wouldn't recommend it for a beginner.


--------------------
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind - this is the teaching of the Buddhas

Edited by juniperus (01/05/19 03:17 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First grow looking good? [Re: Duhrwood Stevens]
    #25725375 -

I think when people think agar contams easy, what they mean is that you can spot them easily.  Jars also contam just about every time you shoot them with spores, but you can’t always see it unless it’s a massive contam.


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First grow looking good? [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #25725385 -

BeefSupremeJr said:
I think when people think agar contams easy, what they mean is that you can spot them easily.  Jars also contam just about every time you shoot them with spores, but you can’t always see it unless it’s a massive contam.



Yeah, definitely. That's the whole point really. Contaminants are everywhere, agar is just a place where they can grow and you can limit that growth to a flat plane rather than a complex surface. With the added benefit of being able to easily transfer your desirable organism away from the undesirables.


--------------------
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind - this is the teaching of the Buddhas

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First grow looking good? [Re: juniperus]
    #25725401 -

Of 100 plates, I’ve seen only a few contams, and they all almost assuredly came from a syringe or swab.  I’d rather trash a plate than a jar, and I always replace the plate with a fresh transfer.


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First grow looking good? [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #25725419 -

When using agar Petri dishes, after I put the tissue on the agar, do I need to seal around the edges of the dish with anything?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First grow looking good? [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #25725425 -

Looks good, nice work :thumbup::mushroom2:

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but if you build another mono, don't worry about painting the bottom black. (I did the exact same thing with my first mono.) I'm guessing you did that to prevent side pinning, but that's caused by microclimates (gaps, air pockets, etc.) on the sides as opposed to light reaching the sub. So there's some time you can save in the future if you move up a size. I've had good luck with tub liners keeping side pins away, but there are a lot of TCs and other growers who don't bother and have great success anyway.


--------------------
One goes into an experiment knowing one might fail.
But one does not undertake an experiment knowing one HAS failed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First grow looking good? [Re: Markawill30]
    #25725440 -

Markawill30 said:
When using agar Petri dishes, after I put the tissue on the agar, do I need to seal around the edges of the dish with anything?



Glad wrap cut 1  inch wide is easier to get than parafilm but yeah, wrap around the edge at least 1-1/2 x around.

:goodluck:


--------------------
Last seen 12/2/2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First grow looking good? [Re: Markawill30]
    #25725447 -

Markawill30 said:
When using agar Petri dishes, after I put the tissue on the agar, do I need to seal around the edges of the dish with anything?




My dude,  read my journal and all the sub links in it.


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My First Grow. Psilocybe Cubensis
( 1 2 3 4 all )
FuzzyBallz 1,395 74 12/14/25 06:53 PM
by Advil_Liquigels
* 1st Time at Bulk Grow using Oats and Coir Mycodelics 1,012 13 01/07/19 05:56 PM
by Caps McGee
* Re: mycel is growing like many rings ? vts1134 1,836 4 04/07/00 06:47 AM
by Anonymous
* AM I READY TO GROW?? indicaz 1,504 5 10/13/18 02:12 PM
by SHROOMSISAY01
* Whats with petri dishes??? Legoulash 1,939 11 01/29/03 04:19 AM
by debianlinux
* very cheap growing tek Damn 1,089 6 09/18/02 07:35 AM
by Anno
* No spores, but want to grow aak 533 4 04/22/03 01:52 PM
by z@z.com
* When using agar dishes wouldn't it be wise too TheGreenLantern 1,785 3 04/13/02 01:35 PM
by ParticleMan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
247 topic views. 16 members, 164 guests and 277 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.