Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheGreenLantern
Stranger
When using agar dishes wouldn't it be wise too
    #607244 - 04/13/02 12:03 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

When using agar dishes wouldn't it be wise too, at the very sight of mycellium growing, to transfer it to a birdseed substrate before contams have a chance to take over the agar dish?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHisStudent
enthusiast

Re: When using agar dishes wouldn't it be wise too [Re: TheGreenLantern]
    #607265 - 04/13/02 12:26 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry....

I guess I?m just a double poster...

See my next post for the real deal...

--------------------
I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.
- Jack Handey

Edited by HisStudent (04/13/02 12:45 PM)

OfflineHisStudent
enthusiast

Re: When using agar dishes wouldn't it be wise too [Re: TheGreenLantern]
    #607266 - 04/13/02 12:29 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

From what I have read and understand...

If one would culture mycelium in the way you describe you would not be able to watch for vigor and strong ryzomorphic growth which is key to healthy clones and cultures. You would not be able to spawn more than one jar. I would also think that a speck of myc. would not be enough to spawn even one jar.

And besides, It would seem that watching your culture as it spreads out and grows is part of the of fun doing petris on agar.

But I don?t really know what I?m talking about I suppose.....

--------------------
I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.
- Jack Handey

OfflineParticleMan
enthusiast
Re: When using agar dishes wouldn't it be wise too [Re: HisStudent]
    #607310 - 04/13/02 01:35 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

word, i often transfer (i am talking like i have been doing this for more than 3 weeks) myc. quickly when i EXPECT a contam to set in. like in cases of of taking the sample from a clean area of a contaminated specimen. or from a mushroom that was growing on a contam. casing. but for normal daily use i let them grow out for all the reasons above related to isolation and sheer mass of shit to innoculate with.

(EDIT): if you were only looking to germinate spores for some reason then yes, that would be logical

--------------------

Edited by ParticleMan (04/13/02 01:37 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate