Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineaak
Stranger
No spores, but want to grow
    #1480557 - 04/21/03 11:55 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Hey, I unfortunately live in a place where it's pretty much impossible to get spores, but I want to grow Natures Goodness, so my question is: How do I go about inoculating a jar with dry mushrooms? I've been reading a lot of the teks and I think that scraping the powder from the bottom of the bag onto an agar dish might do the trick. Actually onto several dishes and then hopefully one will be succesful.
I know that this is not optimal in any way, but it's the only option I seem to have (so if you're just posting to say that I can't do it, never mind :tongue:).

Thanks in advance 

--------------------
Selfishness is the only sin
- Iain M. Banks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: No spores, but want to grow [Re: aak]
    #1480568 - 04/21/03 11:57 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I sent you a PM.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

Re: No spores, but want to grow [Re: z@z.com]
    #1481908 - 04/22/03 11:13 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

well just for the sake of curiousity, what did you recommend zaz??? can u somehow isolate mycelium from a dry cap?

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Re: No spores, but want to grow [Re: jakeholman]
    #1482453 - 04/22/03 03:12 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Once a cap is cracker dry, it will never grow myc. But, if the gills are intact, w/spores still clinging to then, you could scrape some gill material onto a fresh agar plate & you MIGHT get some spores to germinate. Odds are there will be some contams, as most dry caps are FAR from clean.

6T

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: No spores, but want to grow [Re: jakeholman]
    #1482553 - 04/22/03 03:52 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I recomended a good place to get a sterile print.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation