Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
weird event today, why faith? why??
    #2569006 - 04/16/04 06:15 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

After I got done putting newspapers in the last rack this morning for work, I noticed I ended very close to a park that we have, called black diamond mines. so I went there to enjoy the quiet and just relax. I get out of my car ready to go take a short hike and for some reason out of habit, I lock the door and my keys with it.  had to go walk down the trail for a good mile before I found the ranger station. 

I get the phone call to the jimmy rigg guy to come help a poor soul out :wink:

SO I'm outside, and notice a lot of small rocks, as I kicked them I noticed the dirt was right underneath! sweet!  I can make designs :smile: (hehe I don't know why I think of shit like this for amusement) 

So first I make and A with a circle around it.  I started out wanting to write my name, but thought the anarchy sign would be better.  TO balance it out right next to it I put a peace sign there, and drew two lines to symbolize a connection like this O=O (chem and math! :lol:)

Just then a van packed full of people show up.  I guess it was some private school fieldtrip or something.  I stayed where I was just admiring the clouds and the green hills. then I heard...

"hey dad what is that A with a circle around it mean?"

"it means athiest.....it's a devil sign"

When I hear that I jsut had to start laughing.  This is the first time I've ever heard some confusion over that symbol and it dawned on me that maybe a lot of other people think this way.

While I was laughing he looked at me, looked away, looked at me cockeyed, and then looked away.  :wtf:

"what about that other shape?"

"It's probably another evil symbol, I don't think it's very good"

:whoa:

hehe, now I was bewildered, but in that moment, I started laughing even more.  I couldn't help it.  the peace sign an evil symbol? 

we come in peace!!!  :devil:

I wanted to go over there and explain to him but I couldn't stop laughing.  he saw this and pointed his finger at me and told that kid, "see there's one right there, watch out for those"

I mean I may be goofy looking, but that's a little harsh.  What's more he walked away shaking his head at me like I did something wrong.  Like I intended for him to gaze upon it.  then to eclipse this whole moment, he lights up a cigarette.  :lol:

my sides hurt so bad after that one.

To me I wonder, why would something like faith make it so it seperates us from one another?  An Us vs. Them kind of mentality...why?  Faith creates this meaning in symbols sure...but why do people have to label them good or bad?  what kind of mentality is this?

I don't know what's worse, me drawing an anarchy sign, or him smoking a cigg next to non-smokers. :wink:

We are all really different from the way we think and view reality, when did faith choose to tell which one was "correct"

If you do this you're gonna go to hell, unless you repent.  what's this??  The Lake of Fire.  wow. Using our own fear of pain and suffering to create a mentality of right and wrong.  Do the wrong thing...that's bad...and bad things don't go unpunished.

I was pondering this as I started my hike again after the rigg guy was finished getting me my keys. 

I went walking for 20 min and it was sweet.  hehe when I got to that place I was at before my drawings where gone, with a jesus symbol over it. 

conquer and destroy huh...?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: weird event today, why faith? why?? [Re: kaiowas]
    #2569027 - 04/16/04 06:21 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I don't understand what faith has to do with anything that you experienced. ???

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: weird event today, why faith? why?? [Re: Frog]
    #2569057 - 04/16/04 06:34 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I guess religion would be a better word?  :smile: to take something so seriously to the point to tell a younger one that such and such is evil.  That a drawing is evil.  They think it's evil therefore it IS evil. When I was jsut really bored and did it for S's and G's. 

how can you say there's nothing that has to deal with faith. saying something is "the devil" is a good indicator. 

and then there's the double standard that is constantly seen with those of religion.

Waht is good and bad, we have this as a concept that is universal.  That is, it applies to everyone.  How and when did right and wrong become what we are about?

can you see now how while yes this is a very small situation, it's still sad?  or was my symbol really evil? and then apply it to myself, causing a seperation.  Do note that little kids do pick up on this very well.   

any connection yet??

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2569365 - 04/16/04 08:24 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I was gonna reply, but it seems this thread is for the subset of posters who lock their keys in their car. *Swami feels left out*  :crying:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
    #2569520 - 04/16/04 09:01 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Awesome story, you must of gotten a kick out of it.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2569592 - 04/16/04 09:25 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

when I got to that place I was at before my drawings where gone, with a jesus symbol over it.

Wow. Were there urine stains there too? Talk about territorial pissings.

Faith creates this meaning in symbols sure...but why do people have to label them good or bad? what kind of mentality is this?

Symbols are a kind of non-verbal shorthand for a set of related ideas. That's a lot of power in a small package, but the power doesn't lie in the symbol itself, but the ideas it represents. As has been said before, the map is not the territory!

Also as you pointed out, the same symbol can represent different things to different people. For example, Christians, because of the Garden of Eden, have been conditioned to think of snakes as evil. My mother to this day will have killed any snake, poisonous or not, that she finds in her garden. (Regardless of the fact that they kill the very insects that drive her crazy.) On the other hand, the Chinese revere the mythological dragon. Dragon= large flying snake.

People confuse form with spirit all the time and create so much uneccesary strife.
This is one crazy-ass planet, baby!

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2570353 - 04/17/04 05:52 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

The Swastika was originally a symbol of peace, originating from Armenia..the mid/far east. The common perception and assocation of the Swastika with the WWII and Nazi regime, is only a tip of the vast iceberg on the deep history of the Swastika symbol.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: weird event today, why faith? why?? [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2570446 - 04/17/04 07:41 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

ROFL.. kinda ironic that you had that swastika saved as Nazi.jpg, isn't it? :wink:

Just poking fun. :smile:

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: weird event today, why faith? why?? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #2570462 - 04/17/04 07:57 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Somebody must be rolling in their grave now.. :wink:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #2570530 - 04/17/04 09:05 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

ROFL.. nice edit.. it actually looks like it was painted that way. If it wasn't personifying my avatar as a nazi I would save it and show it to people. :wink:

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2570620 - 04/17/04 09:58 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Speaking of symbols, just think how history would be different if his name had been Adolf Shitler.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #2571629 - 04/17/04 05:10 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Dude...you have to understand that you were drawing symbols on the ground, and unfamiliar symbols at that. A circle all by itself indicates a magic spell, and the symbol goes back so far in human history that it is a full-time occupant of the racial memory - the Collective Unconscious. The guy with the kids doesn't have to 'consciously' know anything about symbols for his unconscious to register something emotional about it, then formulate a quick theory about its devilish nature. The very fact that you consciously think that you're just drawing to avoid boredom, BUT you happen to be drawing symbols instead of words (recognizable, consensual symbols), or faces, or representations of known things like trees, tits, whatever, says that you were giving free reign to your own unconscious and artistic mind which actually IS magical!

That the guy didn't know a 'peace sign' is just dumb, but it has more than an 'anti-bomb' symbolism from the anti-war movement of the 60's (it's supposed to be an abstract of a jet-bomber). The Peace Sign without the circle around it was called the Crow's Foot in the Middle Ages, and it WAS a pagan-witchcraft symbol. It was also a Satanic symbol called The Broken Cross - the legendary means by which Saint Peter was crucified upside down, and then burned, because he requested a means other than the cross that his Lord, Jesus was executed on, which would have been an unwanted honor! Maybe he belongs to a weird little church that illustrates all kinds of non-Christian symbols to be aware of. Of course, your 'insane' laughter probably just reinforced the guy's misinformed opinion of you - unless of course your Anarchy symbol meant that you believe in the disordering of the cosmos, the undoing of spiritual laws, and the destruction of the universe in chaos - in which case the guy WAS correct.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2572268 - 04/17/04 09:14 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

thanks for posting the story, good read!

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Re: weird event today, why faith? why?? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #2572358 - 04/17/04 09:51 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Markos, I thought the peace sign was Native American...an arrow with a circle around it to indicate harmless.

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order