Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
2012 (not another one!)
    #2416521 - 03/10/04 07:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

So at the rate things are going, I don't think the Earth as we know it will last long. I don't think it will even come down to ending in a global catylism, dstroying life. We have ALREADY destroyed life. Entire spiecies of plants and animals, which could have had unimaginal benifits to the society of earth, have now been crushed under the rolling steam engine of industry and the pursuit of power, or as I call it, Evil. As I drove down the road today with my window down, the very air I breathed was a noxious gas, churning my stomach as the poisonous chemicals entered my bloodstream making me feel lightheaded and un-natural. I realized no matter how small I was adding to the problem, I was still a part of it.. When I went to the park the other day, the noise of the flowing river was dronned out by the ever present hum of engines and industry in its never ending cycle. There is virtually no place on Earth where man can sit in silence from his own creations............ OK so enough dooms day talk, back to the subject:  in 2012 the earth may not end in a giant commet destroying earth(despite what evidence people think there is), but the way things are going, I think 2012 is the turning point when humans need to decide to change thier ways, stop fucking up the eco-system, which by the way was working fine for hundreds of thousands of years before humans showed up and decided they wanted it all..... The way I see it now, there is NO WAY there will be a change... there is NO WAY people will stop driving cars and ride bikes, stop burning coal, stop doing everything they do that harms the enviroment, and other species. There is NO WAY people will change thier lust for Greed and Power into lust for Life and Truth. There is NO WAY as I see that we will succeed in accomplishing the divine task, IF and what it may be.  We are running out of time, 2012 is the point of NO RETURN...The point at which the downward spiral of destruction humanity has brought upon itself is irriverseable and UN-FIXABLE, and we will be forced to future living in space, other plannets, underwater, ECT... The world as we know it now is History. Have we not learned from the past?? The prophets and ancients were right, 2012 IS the end , the end of this Pristine Paradise which we have utterly destroyed in a mere 2000 years. As in the words of Jesus to his mother as she mourned for his suffering: " Weep not for thy Son, Mother, for the time comes when women will curse thier wombs and wish to be barren".... Even Jesus himself saw the reason behind the doom of hummanity some 2000 years ago :mad2::

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
Re: 2012 (not another one!) [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2416560 - 03/10/04 07:13 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

We will send them to Mars to mine...no,no; Time travel; Yes That's the answer.

Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
    #2416581 - 03/10/04 07:23 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

2Experimental said:
So at the rate things are going, I don't think the Earth as we know it will last long. I don't think it will even come down to ending in a global catylism, dstroying life. We have ALREADY destroyed life. Entire spiecies of plants and animals, which could have had unimaginal benifits to the society of earth, have now been crushed under the rolling steam engine of industry and the pursuit of power, or as I call it, Evil. As I drove down the road today with my window down, the very air I breathed was a noxious gas, churning my stomach as the poisonous chemicals entered my bloodstream making me feel lightheaded and un-natural. I realized no matter how small I was adding to the problem, I was still a part of it.. When I went to the park the other day, the noise of the flowing river was dronned out by the ever present hum of engines and industry in its never ending cycle. There is virtually no place on Earth where man can sit in silence from his own creations............ OK so enough dooms day talk, back to the subject:  in 2012 the earth may not end in a giant commet destroying earth(despite what evidence people think there is), but the way things are going, I think 2012 is the turning point when humans need to decide to change thier ways, stop fucking up the eco-system, which by the way was working fine for hundreds of thousands of years before humans showed up and decided they wanted it all..... The way I see it now, there is NO WAY there will be a change... there is NO WAY people will stop driving cars and ride bikes, stop burning coal, stop doing everything they do that harms the enviroment, and other species. There is NO WAY people will change thier lust for Greed and Power into lust for Life and Truth. There is NO WAY as I see that we will succeed in accomplishing the divine task, IF and what it may be.  We are running out of time, 2012 is the point of NO RETURN...The point at which the downward spiral of destruction humanity has brought upon itself is irriverseable and UN-FIXABLE, and we will be forced to future living in space, other plannets, underwater, ECT... The world as we know it now is History. Have we not learned from the past?? The prophets and ancients were right, 2012 IS the end , the end of this Pristine Paradise which we have utterly destroyed in a mere 2000 years. As in the words of Jesus to his mother as she mourned for his suffering: " Weep not for thy Son, Mother, for the time comes when women will curse thier wombs and wish to be barren".... Even Jesus himself saw the reason behind the doom of hummanity some 2000 years ago :mad2:

You're right. There, I said it. Are you happy?

--------------------
"Remain a learner, never become a knower." - Osho

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2416588 - 03/10/04 07:27 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"IF" there's an ending to life as we know it (not saying "end of the world"), IMO it will be because of serious war.  Revelations talks about 1/3 of the world being destroyed by fire.  I think that's a bomb that John saw, but that he just didn't know what he was seeing and so couldn't describe it accurately. 

If things on this planet keep going the way they are, I could see if one of the bombs that the Soviets let "get away" are used.  Life on this planet will certainly be different than the way it is now. 

Could be a combination of things. Run out of resources.  Fight with other countries over what's left.  EVeryone starts blowing the hell out of everyone else.  Party time!  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
    #2416599 - 03/10/04 07:31 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe in 2012, planet Earth will find the cure for the virus it cought acouple million years ago.........us :nonono:

Actually our planet is not THAT bad at the moment. But we are destroying rainforest in South America at an alarming rate and if something is not done soon then we will live in a world very much like the one you describe in the matter of a century.

--------------------

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: 2012 (not another one!) [Re: Spokesman]
    #2416673 - 03/10/04 07:55 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe we should turn Boondock Saints on all the baddies out there,

... Spokesman, :"in the matter of a century"
Yes, within a century for sure... if you look at the rate things are getting worse, it keeps getting higher. As far as 400 years from now, the kids will be like, whats a tree?

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #2416732 - 03/10/04 08:21 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm surprised you don't just kill yourself and get it over with from the way you perceive reality. Are you aware of any of the positive aspects of life, or have any optimistic ideas about what might happen?

Anonymous

#2416738 - 03/10/04 08:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, now you're getting it. It's not so much that our planet's life system has already been destroyed, but it is assumed to be as long as we continue the same path.

As for 2012, the choice is up to you. Some people are for creation, and some are against it.

Anonymous

Re: 2012 (not another one!) [Re: ]
    #2416832 - 03/10/04 08:59 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

2012 will be an intense year whether or not anything happens.. cause we will all be waiting and wondering...

But I think that could be the year our magnetic field flip flops...who knows what the effects of this will be...

Offlineanarchyhollow
Creator, DrugExploree

Loc: Heart
Re: 2012 (not another one!) [Re: ]
    #2416882 - 03/10/04 09:13 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Damn...that's kind of alarming. Makes me wanna do everything i can in the next 8 years. I have a lot of shit to do before then :tongue: I honestly don't think life will end in 2012, and have no reasons whatsoever to back up my opinion...hehe.  Peace

--------------------
See, the shrooms explore me. They riddle my mind, they teach me the eternal with direct experience. My soul is one with existance.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
Re: 2012 (not another one!) [Re: anarchyhollow]
    #2418239 - 03/11/04 05:56 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'll probably spend 2012 in prision like an asshole because i belived the doomsday theories and went out looting and shit on the biggest crime streak in history before the world ends.  :rolleyes:

--------------------

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: 2012 (not another one!) [Re: Spokesman]
    #2418836 - 03/11/04 10:48 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Well for the commet thing hitting earth its not if its WHEN
Also there gona be no fosil fules left within our life time
They have predicted that there could be a global winter on a planatary scale soon
The war on terror could easily finish us all off
Over population could screw the planet up big time
Other resorces are gona run out so it would be easter island again

Not meaning to sound negative cos there is good on the earth but this planet does need a good culing of human life to try and get things sane again. There is way too many of us and most of us are evil greedy bastard that will happly screw there own mother for a few $$$.

But the good side is maybe our own technology will save us in time something amazing could be developed that would save the human race. Well for thoes of us who are awake and good. The rest can fight it out to the bitter end.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2419165 - 03/11/04 12:58 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"We have ALREADY destroyed life. Entire spiecies of plants and animals, which could have had unimaginal benifits to the society of earth, have now been crushed under the rolling steam engine of industry and the pursuit of power, or as I call it, Evil."

Whatever. Comets, volcanoes, storms, natural climate changes... all have caused extinctions, sometimes even mass extinctions, on a scale far beyond anything we can imagine.

"I think 2012 is the turning point when humans need to decide to change thier ways,"

Why 2012? Because the Mayan calendar ending then has some cosmic significance? If you believe the Mayan calendar is correct, do you also believe in other aspects of their faith? Like, regular sacrifice of humans being necessary to keep the gods happy? (After the heart was removed, the body would be rolled down the steps of the pyramid, where the priests below would skin it. The high priest would wear the flesh, and they would all devour the body.)

So, do you think 2012 is the key date because the Mayan beliefs were true? Or do you have some other evidence you're withholding? Or is it just "a bunch of people on the internet keep saying 2012, and that's good enough for me"?

Sure, we're having a bad effect on the environment, but it certainly doesn't look like we're only 8 years away from a breaking point. Maybe 1000 years... but 8?

We can still breathe. The average human lifespan is still at it's all time peak. There are lots of ecosystems on the planet that are still thriving.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: 2012 (not another one!) [Re: EvilGir]
    #2419171 - 03/11/04 12:59 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"Well for the commet thing hitting earth its not if its WHEN"

Well, perhaps, but it could be 100,000,000 years.

"Also there gona be no fosil fules left within our life time"

Huh? Got any sources for that?

"They have predicted that there could be a global winter on a planatary scale soon"

Who's "they"?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

#2419220 - 03/11/04 01:13 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Entire spiecies of plants and animals, which could have had unimaginal benifits to the society of earth, have now been crushed under the rolling steam engine of industry and the pursuit of power, or as I call it, Evil

This happens anyway with without our contributions.

in 2012 the earth may not end in a giant commet destroying earth(despite what evidence people think there is

what evidence is there?

I think 2012 is the turning point when humans need to decide to change thier ways

So because an ancient civlization's calendar ends, and some interpretations of their myths suggest ascencion, this arbitrary year all of the sudden means something. How about we don't wait for an arbitrary year to decide our fate, and start voting libertarian now.

stop fucking up the eco-system, which by the way was working fine for hundreds of thousands of years before humans showed up and decided they wanted it all

Yep, us humans really had something to do with the 5 previous mass extinctions.

We are running out of time, 2012 is the point of NO RETURN

Again, you expect humanity to completely abandon all our ways, which would cause an economic collapse all around the world, just because you think that the arbitrary date of 2012 means something?

The world as we know it now is History

Yes, interntational bankers run the world, and we will soon be living in a global fascist state.

The prophets and ancients were right, 2012 IS the end , the end of this Pristine Paradise which we have utterly destroyed in a mere 2000 years

Pristine paradise? What prophets predicted 2012 was the end?

" Weep not for thy Son, Mother, for the time comes when women will curse thier wombs and wish to be barren

So you think Jesus really meant that unsound environmental policies would lead to the world ending in 2012, interesting take, never heard that before.

Do yourself a favor and relax. If 2012 really is the "point of no return," 8 years of restraint aren't going to save us now.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: 2012 (not another one!) [Re: TrueBrode]
    #2419617 - 03/11/04 02:36 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"start voting libertarian now"

Yeah, end the restrictions holding those poor enormous corporations down.  :rolleyes:

--------------------

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: 2012 (not another one!) [Re: Phluck]
    #2419770 - 03/11/04 03:13 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Every post on this thread is based on not knowing the complete Divine Plan. This includes my post.

All of your speculations, accusations, ideals, opinions, I'll ask you. Where have they gotten you?

Yes, I am one of the few blessed enough to see a Bigger picture than the average human sees.

Yes, I know some prophecy that will happen in the coming years....and Yes - it is related to 2012.

Beyond that, I'm ignorant. You are all ignorant just as I am.

So stop speculating what will happen in 8 years, and start speculating what you are going to do this second to change your incorrect patterns of Evil, and start bringing your HIgher Selves into your bodies.

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #2419821 - 03/11/04 03:38 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I disagree.

Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

#2420295 - 03/11/04 06:08 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

2012 is our greatest hope as humans, as far as I'm concerned. We need a change, we need a revolution. If it isn't destined to happen then we should take destiny in our hands and make it happen.
2012 is about entering the next stage of evolution, Galatic Citizenship. Whether that means aliens come down hand us the keys or that humanity reclaims its cosmic possition by embracing mushrooms and DMT as a true experience...it doesn't really matter, either one will work.
As mushroom eaters, we should all team up to take advantage of this date as a time to make a stand, to change the world.
Or we could just chill and let corperate slavery and nationalistic fear overtake us.

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #2420324 - 03/11/04 06:19 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"But I think that could be the year our magnetic field flip flops"

I read somewhere about how Antartica used to be the north pole.... I dont think it will end like this... dont qoute me, but wouldent a polar flip take 1000's of years?? According to scientists who found bones in antartica: no, because they apear to be frozen alive, with no time to rot, but this could be for many reasons..

AS FOR all you people comparing HUMAN destruction to NATURAL catastrophies, GET REAL!!! of course shit happens as the world changes, and i'm SURE many things have died because of tornados, volcanos, ECT< you totally missed my point, those events are NATURAL, and fall into a totally different category then what I am talking about... if you'd like to feel better about yourself by holding these veiws, you have a long way to go to see the big picture.

As far as my Jesus quote, bloodflower6; Luke 23:28 New King James version(sorry I missed quoted it, please allow me to corret myself:

"Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for Me, but weep for yourselves, and your children. "For indeed the days are coming in which they will say. 'Blessed ARE the barren, wombs that never bore, and breasts which never nursed! " THen they will say to the mountains ' Fall on us!' and to the hills 'Cover us!!'

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order