Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMikeHuntShrooms
enthusiast

Are my shrooms not potent?
    #2323559 - 02/11/04 09:30 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Well I split a cake of about 13 shrooms with a friend of mine.. The shrooms were all a nice size only about 3 of them were smaller then a quarter..

-They are Golden Teacher strain
-I have no scale
-And we had no visuals at all and it felt as if we were both on the verge of tripping all night but never actually made it

Is it possible I'm picking them too early, or too late?
I have been picking them about a day after the caps open and they turn a dark brown/black color

Are we just not eating enough? Is it more normal to eat an entire cake to yourself?

Thanks
-Mike

--------------------
Click this link now!
http://venus.walagata.com/w/mikehuntshrooms/scream.jpg

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
Re: Are my shrooms not potent? [Re: MikeHuntShrooms]
    #2323565 - 02/11/04 09:33 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

are you eating them wet? cause you gotta increase the dosage alot....

like 3 dry grams is like 25 wet grams or something

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

OfflineMikeHuntShrooms
enthusiast

Re: Are my shrooms not potent? [Re: dobinky]
    #2323572 - 02/11/04 09:35 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

ya they are wet but don't u just increase the dosage cause they weigh less dry? or are they actually more potent dry?

Thanky Dob

--------------------
Click this link now!
http://venus.walagata.com/w/mikehuntshrooms/scream.jpg

InvisibleMilkVein
unsure
 User Gallery

Loc: total bullshit->
    #2323577 - 02/11/04 09:36 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

30g wet =3g dry.....they lose potentcy as they dry...but it really isnt enough to matter.

--------------------
I've been first and last
Look at how the time goes past.
But I'm all alone at last.
Rolling home to you.

Anonymous

#2323579 - 02/11/04 09:37 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

they are more potent by weight dry. the absolute psilocybin (psilocin to be more accurate) content however is reduced by drying. cakes are weak IMO, but you guys probably should have tripped. i dunno.

Anonymous

#2323889 - 02/11/04 11:24 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think maybe that all your 13 shrooms might have wieghed only 40 grams fresh which = 4 grams dry since you did say some where the size of a quarter thats tiny

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #2324017 - 02/11/04 12:10 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

It may have just been the mood that was set , and did not get off real good , but you may have picked them a tad late , you mentioned you waited till the caps were fully opened and turning a dark color .
If picking them to eat pick them just before the veil starts to tear open , they reach peek potency just prior to mass production of spores and release of spores .
Also when eating a "decent " strain of mushie when in "fresh" state one should eat aprox a half ounce - 3\4 of an oz. which equals aprox 1.5 - 2.1 grams dry weight . This is for a good buzz with some visuals , 1 ounce is a perfect amount IMHO .
By the way when you picked them did you notice if they had some nice blue bruises ?
Better luck next time
Trip n D

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineZon
The Man
    #2324094 - 02/11/04 12:29 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I have tried both dry and wet.

And I know a lot of the experts in here are going to disagree with me, but ...

I tried a large wet dose and I was disappointed very badly.

I tried drying them bone dry, and you know what? I just took a little bit, (Exact same amount of shrooms) meaning I used the exact same amount of shrooms but just dry instead of wet and holy mother of god! I will never eat wet again.

Dry for one thing takes WAY longer to digest because your body has to rehydrate them to pass them through your system.

So that makes your trip last WAY longer. Last time lasted a good 10 hours straight. I am not kidding. These were bone dry ones though.

Again, what I meant about size dry vs size wet is that i consumed the exact same amount (Not Weight)

So like 3 shrooms dry instead of 3 shrooms wet.

Many people swear by wet because of the breakdown problem when they dry...

But I have never had a better trip, off wet.

The best trips I have ever had (and I have done it a lot both ways several times)

Is with dry.

Give it a shot. It just might work better for you.

Anonymous

Re: Are my shrooms not potent? [Re: Zon]
    #2324321 - 02/11/04 01:26 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Dry for one thing takes WAY longer to digest because your body has to rehydrate them to pass them through your system.

throw some dry mushrooms in a pot of 100 degree water, stir 'em around, and see how long it takes for them to rehydrate. better still, crush them up, as you would with your teeth, and then put them in the water.

fresh mushrooms actually take longer to digest than dry ones.

which is a documented, verifiable, repeatable, observable, scientific fact. psilocin is destroyed in the drying process.

fresh is best if possible.  :thumbup:

Anonymous

Re: Are my shrooms not potent? [Re: ]
    #2324516 - 02/11/04 02:03 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mushmaster said:

throw some dry mushrooms in a pot of 100 degree water, stir 'em around, and see how long it takes for them to rehydrate. better still, crush them up, as you would with your teeth, and then put them in the water.

fresh mushrooms actually take longer to digest than dry ones.

which is a documented, verifiable, repeatable, observable, scientific fact. psilocin is destroyed in the drying process.

fresh is best if possible.  :thumbup:

100% correct my dear watson
thats what I was gonna say the trip off fresh mushrooms doesnt you as intense as dry ones and last about 8 hours instead of 6 atleast my research this has been true

OfflineOmegaRed
Myco-Floydianenthusiast

Loc: right behind you
    #2324630 - 02/11/04 02:34 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Fresh shrooms are better... the dry ones get stuck in your teeth. I've had varying trip results with both kinds, and have had equally intense visuals on equal doses both... so I really base my opinion on the fact that only the select few get to enjoy fresh shroomies and anybody with a little money in their pocket can eat dried.

--------------------
Hey Mr. Tamborine Man play a song for me,
I'm not sleepy and there's no place I'm going to.
Hey Mr. Tamborine Man play a song for me,
In the jingle jangle morning I'll come following you.

OfflineJetBlackNinja
Pimp-o-licious
Loc: $%^&
    #2324682 - 02/11/04 02:45 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Jeeze, I ate 1 shroom. Weight 6.8 grams (I guess .68 dried). I ate it fresh just to see if that little would effect me, and I tripeed real well.

BM strain, courtesy of a Shroomery vendor.

Can't think of why yours didn't do the trick.

--------------------

Offlineslammin007
yearnin' talearn

Re: Are my shrooms not potent? [Re: OmegaRed]
    #2324693 - 02/11/04 02:49 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I've eaten many shrooms dried and fresh, I have to agree with Zon, in that fresh shrooms, at leaset in my case, are not as satisfying as dried. I'm growing on BRF, fruiting as cakes, eating fresh, about 20 grams fresh, had a buzz for a couple of hours. Ate 2 dried grams of shrooms, had a trip with visuals that lasted for 6 hours.

Like I said, this has been my experience in multiple cases, but everyone's conditions are different.

It is kinda neat tho, to be able to eat them fresh, few people can, and they blend up nicely with orange juice.

Cheers

OfflineDeviant
A Nobody

Loc: Somewheres
    #2325393 - 02/11/04 05:58 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

You should buy a scale first of all, it?s a nice thing to have around, and its worth every penny. You can get a descent scale at a head shop for 30 bucks. Personally I like the taste of fresh shrooms better. But its always worked for me with both dry and wet. I?ve eaten as little as .5 grams dried and about 6 grams wet and had adequate results both times. But its all relative on strain, substrate, and growing conditions.

--------------------
"How doth the little crocodile improve his shining tail, and pour the waters of the Nile on every golden scale! How cheerfully he seems to grin, how neatly spreads his claws, and welcomes little fishes in With gently smiling jaws!"

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
    #2325481 - 02/11/04 06:19 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

On this wet/dry debate. To me they both have their downsides in terms of taste, after all you bite into a wet mushroom and your mouth is full of this mildly bitter tasting water and slime. Dry is different, but equally disgusting if you chew them. What I don't understand, is if you go to the trouble of drying them why not put them into capsules? a great way to preserve if you pack them tight and no more bad starts from the first mission: getting them down.

I read somewhere here that psilocin broke down extremely fast when you picked them. If someone knows a source stating this it might be good to link it here, since I remember something like psilocin is rendered useless unless you pick and instantly eat.

No dried trip of mine has ever really lasted 10 hours, sounds like perhaps some dietary factors prompted this (ie full stomach).

OfflinefourHoDmt
overclock yourbrain

Re: Are my shrooms not potent? [Re: utopianglory]
    #2325767 - 02/12/04 02:15 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i'd think encapsulating an ounce of dried mushrooms would be tedious as hell...hehe.

as for the wet/dry thing. i've only tripped once on fresh mushrooms. it was about 15-17g on a sunday afternoon, at a park. it was the most pleasant/envigorating trip i've ever had.

Offlinegrowmore
up it goes
 User Gallery
Loc: Cow field
    #2326397 - 02/12/04 10:56 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Every one is difernt so every one has difernt efects .Even tho putting them in to capsuls is tedious work its worth it if you have a machin that dose it . you can pick one up at a health foog store or at GNC . It has its ups and downs the up side is that ther is no taset at all and the down side is it takes a lot of time to make them and some times they take over an hour to kick in . But in IMO I like to put them in to capsuls it makes it easyer to store and to transport around you can just put them in a gensien bottle and no one will be abel to tell the diferince . Hope this helps you out a little bit GROWMORE

--------------------
check my journal for my trade list

You see what you want to see not what it makes you see. I see said the blind man to the deaf women .

Anonymous

#2327801 - 02/12/04 04:54 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

just eat more. You split a single weak dose.

I like both wet and dry. both taste like shit. both get me off equally well.

Golden teacher is a good strain. Just eat more. SCALES do help to be accurate.

Anonymous

#2328035 - 02/12/04 06:35 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i personally think fresh are better...taste shittier, but i trip BALLS off fresh.  My homie prefers dry...so everybody has their preference. but it is a known fact that fresh are simply more potent because they have more psilocin than dry since psilocin breaks down when shrooms are dried.  All ya gotta do is weigh out your doses correctly and your straight.  If you check out the shroom dosage calculator...you will see that fresh are more potent according to that. 

FRESH :thumbup: :laugh:
DRY :thumbup: :smile:

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Are my shrooms not potent? [Re: ]
    #2329429 - 02/13/04 02:04 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

fresh

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate