Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Re: Bitterness towards the opposite sex. [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2278640 -

Quote:
Women have always had certain biological powers. The sight of a pretty girl can trigger a chemical reaction in a man's brain that makes him stupid and obedient. It is my belief that women ran the world long before they had rights. I think nature played a cruel joke on men when she gave women the ability to remain aloof about sexual desire. Its these powers that made women "special" in the olden days (even though they had no rights).

Now, our modern society has given women legal rights, but nature has not rescinded their natural powers. Thus, in our current society, men are at a serious disadvantage to women. What really pisses me off about many women is that they do not seem to realize that "Special" and "Equal" are, by definition, mutually exclusive. Many women I have met demanded equal rights but couldnt grasp the idea of equal responsibility.



apparently..my earlier post was wrong ..feminism does not profit the far right...it is the far right...


--------------------


"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bitterness towards the opposite sex. [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2278743 -

It would be a good bet that women control more of the wealth in this country than men. How that ties into the far right I don't know, but it probably does.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bitterness towards the opposite sex. [Re: falcon]
    #2278838 -

the far right in general believes that different ppl should be afforded unequal rights under the law..based on race..gender..etc...and that the group favoured under the inequality should control a disproportionate share of the economy...nor is it an accident that the growth of feminism has precisely matched the growth of neoconservatism...meanwhile..i have reposted the two links from my first response to this thread for your convenience...

http://www.duke.edu/~dcw4/opaper.html
http://www.backlash.com/content/gender/2001/02feb01/dmsh0201.html


--------------------


"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bitterness towards the opposite sex. [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2279166 -

I haven't read the second link yet, but I don't see how the first link relates to the discussion on this thread. Going to read the second link tomorrow.


--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bitterness towards the opposite sex. [Re: Frog]
    #2279239 -

the first link makes a case that the corporatist state increases its power by fomenting hostility between the sexes ..

Quote:
Since the Party strives to kill the moral person through the destruction of interpersonal relationships, Winston's relationship with Julia provides him with potent means to strike out against the Party. Winston describes his trysts with Julia: "their embrace had been a battle, the climax a victory. It was a blow struck against the Party. It was a political act" (105). Winston's feelings concerning sex as a political weapon stem from the fact that the Party channels sexual and aggressive drives through such political devices as the Two Minutes Hate. In the words of critic Irving Howe, Sexual energy is to be transformed into political violence and personal hysteria.



and the point ive been trying to make..is that alot of the hostility between the sexes in modern society is the direct result of such an effort...why else would the (currently) male-dominated corporate media be so happy to publish rubbish like helen fisher..and what about all those anti-male TV ads??...it simply doesnt make sense unless they somehow benefit from radical feminist bigotry...the link explains one way in which this is possible...


--------------------


"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bitterness towards the opposite sex. [Re: ]
    #2279241 -

Mr_Mushrooms said:
It's also interesting to note that there is a word for hating women, misogyny.  However, there is no word for hating men.

I wonder why that is?

Maybe it's because men are flawless and there is no true reason to hate them.



because this whole world order is messed up.  how it is exploited to extremities, espeically, in America is sickening.

Islamic countries are a prime candidate for the meaning.  they certainly pay homage to them alright.  :rolleyes:

btw - if you break down the word "woman", you'll see the purpose of the opposite sex... "wooooo man."  :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bitterness towards the opposite sex. [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2279372 -

Annapurna1 said:
the first link makes a case that the corporatist state increases its power by fomenting hostility between the sexes ..

and the point ive been trying to make..is that alot of the hostility between the sexes in modern society is the direct result of such an effort...why else would the (currently) male-dominated corporate media be so happy to publish rubbish like helen fisher..and what about all those anti-male TV ads??...it simply doesnt make sense unless they somehow benefit from radical feminist bigotry...the link explains one way in which this is possible...



I think I see the connection you are making between the article and your opinion that male-dominated corporate media is happy to publish it because it further drives a wedge between the sexes, but I don't see how the article is rubbish, personally. I believe that there in fact is a difference between how the genders think, handle problems, etc.


--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bitterness towards the opposite sex. [Re: Frog]
    #2279438 -

its rubbish because first of all..anyone with a rudimentry knowledge of human genetics knows that its impossible for an x-linked gene to behave like fisher's alleged webthink gene...second of all..if it could ever be conclusively proven that either sex is superior to the other..it would immediately lend credence to racism and other forms of discrimination...finally..fisher poses two tiers of women..as is typical of an authoritarian feminist..she bins any women that dont agree with her bullshit together with the men and calls both "biologically inferior"...if thats not rubbish..then i dont know what is...


--------------------


"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bitterness towards the opposite sex. [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2279450 -

The article, imo, wasn't saying that any gender was better than the other. The article was saying, again imo, that both genders have advantages and disadvantages, off-setting each other.


--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bitterness towards the opposite sex. [Re: Frog]
    #2279489 -

then how do you explain the two tiers of women?


--------------------


"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bitterness towards the opposite sex. [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2279604 -

Be patient with me, but what "two tiers of women"???


--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bitterness towards the opposite sex. [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2279673 -

DoctorJ said:
Wow, you're really creative to have gotten all that out of what I wrote! 

I'm simply identifying the problem.  I did not state nor imply what I think the solution to this problem is, so I will now:  Women need to be responsible.  They need to make this decision themselves.  I support equal rights for women wholeheartedly, I just think that they would do a lot better if they were more responsible and accountable.  Neither I nor anyone else can force this on them.  The decision must be made by them. 

I guess what I am trying to say is this:  I see women as equals, but I find myself consistently disappointed in their ability to be equals.  Not because they dont have the potential to be equals, but because they seldom choose to be equals.  that is all.



My my!  Just a few things I'd like to say...  You're simply identifying YOUR problem, not mine.  Women in my life aren't nasty, cruel or (excessively) manipulative.  I can't offhand think of a women who is less responsible than myself.  Come to think of it, I can hardly think of anyone less responsible than myself...  Anyways, about that whole women are less responsible citizens thing you had going, just a question;  Where are you getting all this arrogance and paranoia from?  Are you just insinuating that half the population of the Earth is inferior to you and I on account of the relative genders involved to get see who you can get a rise out of? 

I'm no doctor, but I recommend  :bong: :stash: :spliff: :spliff: :smile:

But you're you and I'm me, and when commenting on your own life you're probably right.  But I mean, seriously, are the girls there that horrible?  Remind me not to visit.


--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bitterness towards the opposite sex. [Re: Panoramix]
    #2279684 -

Quote:
My my! Just a few things I'd like to say... You're simply identifying YOUR problem, not mine. Women in my life aren't nasty, cruel or (excessively) manipulative.



Um, can I introduce you to some "women" I know? Or at least open your eyes???

Quote:
I can't offhand think of a women who is less responsible than myself. Come to think of it, I can hardly think of anyone less responsible than myself...



LOL! There's always ME!

Quote:
Anyways, about that whole women are less responsible citizens thing you had going, just a question; Where are you getting all this arrogance and paranoia from?



Maybe because women are less responsible???

Quote:
Are you just insinuating that half the population of the Earth is inferior to you and I on account of the relative genders involved to get see who you can get a rise out of?



I'll bet he's "insinuating" (or truth-telling) because ... it's true!!!

Panoramix, I'm mostly giving you shit because I'm bored, but truth is, I have no respect for women, in general. Might as well be talking to a guy, here. If I was a guy, I'd be, like, just shut up and lay there.


--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bitterness towards the opposite sex. *DELETED* [Re: Frog]
    #2279831 -

Post deleted by OkEyToKeY

Reason for deletion: .


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bitterness towards the opposite sex. [Re: Frog]
    #2280012 -

Be patient with me, but what "two tiers of women"???




...human patterns of inheritance and bodily interactions cause this gene or cluster of genes to be silenced in all men?but active in about 50 percent of women. In other words, this strand of DNA expresses itself only in women. Moreover, when this gene or cluster of genes is active it builds the feminine prefrontal cortex in specific ways, giving women an advantage at picking up the nuances of social interactions, as well as remaining mentally flexible.

These data suggest that about 50 percent of women are genetically better equipped than all men to coordinate multitudinous bits of information?the basis of web thinking.



so where does that leave the other 50% of the women..given the decisive competitive advantage that she assigns to these "web-thinkers"??...let alone all the right-wing corporate braggadocio in the rest of the link..in which fisher's master race predictably plays a starring role...


--------------------


"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bitterness towards the opposite sex. [Re: Frog]
    #2280606 -

"Umm, can I introduce you to some 'women' I know? Or at least open your eyes???"

Um, no. I think prehaps I should be introducing you to some women I know. My ex-girlfriend, who I don't doubt would die for me. My mum. Jess(i)ca, quite possibly the coolest person I know. Mimi, even cooler. Ella, who I'm sure would like you. Donna, who I'm sure would reeeeaally like you (winkwink nudgenudge). Heather, the gonest lil kitten you'll ever meet. Rebecca, Anna, other Anna, Lia, other other Anna, Leah, Jeff... There's no shortage of marvelous people in the world (although most of those listed are in Montreal, Halifax or Kingston). I'm sure there are at least some down there. Or is that the trade-off: good weather, mean women; blistering cold from the deepest icy pits of Hell, nice women?

And to my experience women are more responsible than men. You may disagree, but then you've never met Eric. In fact, the person whom I consider the very pinnacle of responsiblity (though not in a good way), my sister, is, indeed, a woman. More or less.

As for that Helen Fisher creature... that's not feminism, that neo-fascism. Actually, it doesn't even seem particularly 'neo', aside from its supposed co-opting of the Women's Lib movement. If she were to change the word 'women' to 'italians' I bet Mussolini's ghost would manifest just to give her the National Award. Hmm, gender-fascism... I like that. Anyways, feminism is, has been and will always be a leftist pursuit. That Fisher thing made about as much sense as Stalin's communism-of-the-right. It's a cheap hack job off an important and formerly vital movement. That's how the right fights its political adverseries. Mock-co-opting followed by partial digestion until what you're left with is too ugly to make sense or be popular.


--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bitterness towards the opposite sex. [Re: Panoramix]
    #2280930 -

Quote:

My my! Just a few things I'd like to say... You're simply identifying YOUR problem, not mine. Women in my life aren't nasty, cruel or (excessively) manipulative. I can't offhand think of a women who is less responsible than myself. Come to think of it, I can hardly think of anyone less responsible than myself...




quite correct you are. But my position is just as valid as yours. Try comin down here to Dallas, TX, the heart and soul of fascism in America, and see how well your "I'm OK, you're OK" liberal ideals work out. I predict failure.

Quote:
Anyways, about that whole women are less responsible citizens thing you had going, just a question; Where are you getting all this arrogance and paranoia from? Are you just insinuating that half the population of the Earth is inferior to you and I on account of the relative genders involved to get see who you can get a rise out of?





I didnt say "women are less responsible citizens". What i said was simply this: The society in which I live tends to make irresponsibility the path of least resistance for most women.

I am reminded of my cat. He is well taken care of, so he just lays around all day. If he were in the jungle, he would behave quite differently. He would be up and about, constantly on his guard for an attack, always looking for prey. But since i feed him every day and he enjoys the safety and comfort of my home, all he does is lay around and act cute. So which is my cat? Is he a high-strung hunter, or a cutesy lounger? Well, he has the potential to be both, but it depends on the situation he's in. He will usually follow the path of least resistance in whatever situation he finds himself.

Women, or people in general, are the same way. A woman has the potential to be equal, but there are many societal situations in which they dont have to contribute equally, and probably wont. I live in one of those situations.

Quote:
But I mean, seriously, are the girls there that horrible?




yup. I think it is an effect of urbanization combined with right-wing values.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bitterness towards the opposite sex. [Re: OkEyToKeY]
    #2280955 -

To Okeytokey and Panoramix:

I don't think it has to do with my parents or sisters. I have not had very good experiences with women, in general.

No. 1: They're no fun to talk to, really. This could be my problem. I am not good at "social chit chat". Women like to do that. Men don't. I like talking about law, life, books. I don't know many women who like to do that. (How many women are on this forum?)

No. 2: They do mean things. They're catty. They talk about people behind their backs. Men don't do that. Men are pretty much up front. They will fuck you over and shake your hand at the same time. Women will fuck you over while you're in the bathroom and then pretend they didn't do anything after you come out.

No. 3: They're greedy. I won't represent a woman in a family law case any more. The last time I advertised I wrote "Attorney for Men". A guy asked if I wrote that because I specialize in some type of law for men. Nope, just don't want to represent greedy women. They want ALL of it. Not half, not 3/4, ALL.

I don't hate women. I just don't like hanging out with them. They'd probably be fun as pets.


--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bitterness towards the opposite sex. [Re: Frog]
    #2280967 -

frog, you are beautiful :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bitterness towards the opposite sex. [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2280970 -

What's wrong with saying some women are web-thinkers and some are not? Is it not politically correct?


--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Tripping With The Opposite Sex? Adamist 1,796 12 06/24/02 07:20 AM
by Teiro
* Philosophy of Cross-sex friendships
( 1 2 all )
MrBump 3,323 24 01/07/05 04:51 PM
by incubaby_421
* Sex & Your Wellbeing: Not Intrinsic to Eachother
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Ped 8,358 62 12/07/05 08:23 PM
by CosmicJoke
* The importance of sex in marriage MOTH 861 7 11/06/04 08:13 PM
by MarkostheGnostic
* using sex to increase productivity and discoveries in work, school, government, or anything
( 1 2 all )
TameMe 1,191 20 12/17/05 12:35 PM
by TameMe
* sex
( 1 2 3 4 all )
OldWoodSpecter 5,822 62 05/10/05 08:58 AM
by raytrace
* Combining Opposites Cracka_X 1,194 16 04/26/03 05:48 PM
by atomikfunksoldier
* sex and procreation
( 1 2 all )
OldWoodSpecter 4,277 35 06/22/05 09:35 PM
by crunchytoast

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
8,615 topic views. 1 members, 3 guests and 50 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.