Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineDeviate
Re: Sex & Your Wellbeing: Not Intrinsic to Eachother [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #5027038 - 12/07/05 01:44 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

^i agree. i definitely think celebacy is bad if you desire to have sex. but if you are perfectly happy without sex and choose to be celebate, well i'd like to see someone prove that that is psychologically unhealthy. what people don't seem to understand is that even one case of a healthy celebate person disproves the notion that celebacy is always bad and there have certiainly been healthy celebate people in history. so i don't understand how people can hold onto the notion that it's always psychology unhealthy for everyone. what if someone has no desire to have sex? should they force themselves to because you say it's bad?

Edited by Deviate (12/07/05 01:45 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSexychick
Life is what youmake it.

Loc: Dreamworld
Re: Sex & Your Wellbeing: Not Intrinsic to Eachother [Re: Deviate]
    #5027327 - 12/07/05 04:42 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Deviate said:
Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
I think I am too socialized to be a succesfull celibate person. No thing in itself will provide happiness, but I know that if I don't eat or drink water I feel like crap. It takes a very strong mind and deep contentment to be happy while denying your bodily and emotional impulses.

I feel like it is kind of overblown in our society and people make the whole thing unessesarily complicated, but it certainly does FEEL like a necessity to me. Maybe if I get involved with a few hundred hedonistic orgies I'll get bored and it won't matter anymore, but right now being celibate sucks.

i believe we all must learn to deny our impulses because if, for instance, i followed every biological impulse i would try to have sex with every girl i found attractive. obviously to get along in society we must learn to not always do what feels the most good biologically, otherwirse id never have made it out of bed this morning. my point is that i think happiness lies more in our ability to control or not be bothered by our impulses rather than in the satisfaction of every impulse. for example you can't have sex every time you see an attractive member of the opposite sex, you can't sleep late every morning, you can't not do your homework every night, etc but you can still learn to be happy. you're never going to be able to satisfy every impulse so if that's what your happiness depends on youre never going to acheive complete happiness.

i am not currently having sex with anyone or even masturbating and yet i am happy, so it is certainly not a necessity. it is only a necessity for you because you have set it up as a condition for your happiness and refuse to allow yourself to be happy without it. if you let go of these ideas i believe you would see it is not a necessity for you either. it is much different from eating or drinking which are much more important in my opinion.

WoW Deviate, I never thought I would hear a guy say this....
I am very impressed by your views.

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: Sex & Your Wellbeing: Not Intrinsic to Eachother [Re: Ped]
    #5030664 - 12/07/05 08:23 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i suspect the key to well being whether it's the way you have sex or the way you to choose to be celibate is that the choice is your central sacramental activity. and if one was truly asexual then they should accept their state as path to divinity..... see it even as a lineage with mythic connections... find other with the same asexual temperment experiencing to share a deeper sense of union with....

people have their karmic scenarios to play out, would seem a shame to be weighed down tangled up with the head trips of somebody elses.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]