Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMikeHuntShrooms
enthusiast

Re: When your brain cells are killed from smoking alot of weed.. [Re: gdman]
    #2183933 - 12/16/03 08:50 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

i try rollin at least a 20 in a blunt

--------------------
Click this link now!
http://venus.walagata.com/w/mikehuntshrooms/scream.jpg

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: When your brain cells are killed from smoking alot of weed.. [Re: Adden]
    #2184718 - 12/17/03 05:55 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

They didn't mention how many brain cells are killed by getting drunk. Wonder why?

Brain cells killed while drunk? Source please....

http://www.wonderquest.com/BrainCells.htm

Anonymous

Re: When your brain cells are killed from smoking alot of weed.. [Re: MikeHuntShrooms]
    #2184723 - 12/17/03 06:14 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

your brain is fine, you silly pothead.

OfflineMikeHuntShrooms
enthusiast

Re: When your brain cells are killed from smoking alot of weed.. [Re: ]
    #2184952 - 12/17/03 09:30 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

lol immaculate..

--------------------
Click this link now!
http://venus.walagata.com/w/mikehuntshrooms/scream.jpg

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: When your brain cells are killed from smoking alot of weed.. [Re: Annom]
    #2185460 - 12/17/03 02:06 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

wow, thank you :-)

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: When your brain cells are killed from smoking alot of weed.. [Re: Annom]
    #2187140 - 12/18/03 03:56 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

That's interesting. Thanks for posting that :smile:

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: When your brain cells are killed from smoking alot of weed.. [Re: entiformatie]
    #2187488 - 12/18/03 09:40 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Weed's a narcotic and places sludge in your system which take s awhile to come out. Also the brain chemicals need some time to readjust to waking reality. You'll be perfectly fine in awhile. I don't think smoking pot kills brain cells. If someone said it did then I think they were lying.

--------------------
...or something

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: When your brain cells are killed from smoking alot of weed.. [Re: eve69]
    #2187507 - 12/18/03 09:44 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

weed isn't a narcotic. interstingly enough, som guy got off a dui charge because the state laws specify that you can't drive under the influence of narcotics, but pot isn't a narcotic. given, sometimes its grouped along with narcotics, but it doesn't fit the actual definition. weed is unique in that aspect, that it can't really be classified.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Invisiblebilly cuts
turntablingmycologist

Loc: Saturn
Re: When your brain cells are killed from smoking alot of weed.. [Re: entiformatie]
    #2187771 - 12/18/03 11:46 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

i thought the ganja was considered a psychedelic....

OfflineTheSlapnCapn
Slappin' thangs.
Male User Gallery

Loc: zee mountain state
Re: When your brain cells are killed from smoking alot of weed.. [Re: billy cuts]
    #2189644 - 12/19/03 06:16 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I get the Norml newsletter every week in my e-mail and I remember about a year or 2 ago one of the newsletters posted the results from a study that showed that cannibinoids actually PROTECTED brain cells.  Apparently they were getting some rats stoned and pummeling them in the head with something and recording the amount of brain damage that occurred and the ones that were stoned endured much less brain damage than those that were sober.  I have also read and heard from a doctor that the chemicals in pot build up between the synapses of your brain cells and nerves and slow down the signals in your brain/nervous system.  It makes sense cause my head feels more and more "clogged up" the longer I go without a break, and the longer I take a break it seems the more my head clears up and I think faster.  The quality of my thoughts isn't decreased, but I definitely notice them flowing a lot faster if I go a day or two without smoking... I lack the self-control and non-smoking friends to go without it long enough to see what happens out after a month. I'm pretty sure after a week I'd get sick of myself cause I'm too quick-witted and hyperactive when I don't smoke... makes my friends feel dumb/slow. :smile:

-j

--------------------
I promise to live, love, exist, and be, and hope that all life will love to be in existence with me. Also, fuck you.

-j

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: When your brain cells are killed from smoking alot of weed.. [Re: TheSlapnCapn]
    #2190342 - 12/19/03 12:20 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

If it doesn't kill brain cells, how does it get you `high'?
Killing brain cells is not a pre-requisite for getting `high.' Marijuana contains a chemical which substitutes for a natural brain chemical, with a few differences. This chemical touches special `buttons' on brain cells called `receptors.' Essentially, marijuana `tickles' brain cells. The legal drug alcohol also tickles brain cells, but it will damage and kill them by producing toxins (poisons) and sometimes mini-seizures. Also, some drugs will wear out the buttons which they push, but marijuana does not.

I am SO FUCKING sick of hearing that Cannabis kills brain cells!!!

Look , when you eat a meal..guess what happens you kill brain cells, when yo hold yor breath REAL LONG yo kill brain cells , but cannabis doesnt , as long as you dont act like a kid a hold yor hoot for a minute straight.

READ MARJUANA MYTHS, MARIJUANA FACTS
its a great book and its up to date.

Psilocybeing(BASSadelic,FUNKmaster

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: When your brain cells are killed from smoking alot of weed.. [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2190415 - 12/19/03 12:43 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/3012.html
Cannabinoids prevent brain damage
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/2255.html
Cannabinoid treats tumours

--------------------

OfflineTheSlapnCapn
Slappin' thangs.
Male User Gallery

Loc: zee mountain state
Re: When your brain cells are killed from smoking alot of weed.. [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2190963 - 12/19/03 03:30 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

word... i was too lazy to find links.  That argument is fucking tired though... and it's still probably the most prevalent reason people have for not smoking.  "yeah right... i like my brain... i'm not gonna kill my brain cells..."  dumbasses... oh well... less demand = more supply for me :smile:

-j

--------------------
I promise to live, love, exist, and be, and hope that all life will love to be in existence with me. Also, fuck you.

-j

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: When your brain cells are killed from smoking alot of weed.. [Re: TheSlapnCapn]
    #2191594 - 12/19/03 08:21 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

"yeah right... i like my brain... i'm not gonna kill my brain cells..." dumbasses... oh well... less demand = more supply for me"

very true HOWEVER...........

their ignorance will last longer if they are uneducated.

--------------------

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: When your brain cells are killed from smoking alot of weed.. [Re: MikeHuntShrooms]
    #2192797 - 12/20/03 11:42 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

the only way that smoking weed will kill braincells is if you bash yourself repeatedly over the head with the bong straight after ripping a few.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

OfflineEuphoria
watch theweatherchange...

Re: When your brain cells are killed from smoking alot of weed.. [Re: Hanky]
    #2192803 - 12/20/03 11:50 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Shit I knew I shouldn't have done that last night

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #2192919 - 12/20/03 01:28 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

It's all in your head. If your that worried about brain cells you better not jog or get jolted in any way.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineGorian
Learning the artof Shroom

#2192949 - 12/20/03 01:43 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Weed doesn't kill brain cells. Your thinking will be hazy, after about a month the haze will be cleared and you'll be normal

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: When your brain cells are killed from smoking alot of weed.. [Re: Gorian]
    #2193547 - 12/20/03 08:12 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

"Weed doesn't kill brain cells. Your thinking will be hazy, after about a month the haze will be cleared and you'll be normal"

I find that to be bull as well personally.

Becase I follow a pretty strict diet , I exercise , and I read play guitar etc which both increase mental activity and help keep you sharp and I am fine, and when I dont have cannabis for days I am just not high, and I dont stumble through a fog for a week without cannabis.

I think all this weed will make you stupid shit is from people with poor deit anmd lifestlye and the wonder why they feel dumb and lazy all the time, well its not the cannabis!, put down the big mac get off the couch and go for a HARD bike ride, and then smoke a fattie. :smile:

Cannabis can make you sleepy in large ammounts but not stupid. :smile:

--------------------

Offlineflow
outlaw immortal
    #2194006 - 12/21/03 02:31 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

this whole "weed kills brain cells" is based on two stupid studies done in the sixties that has long since been shown to have no relevance to the average potsmoker. However this didn't stop programs like DARE from trying (and apparently succeding) to hammer this misinformation into your head.

Basically the study showed that brain cells in a petri dish were killed when exposed to EXTREMELY large amounts of THC, more than you could possibly ingest through smoking, so obviously this has no relevance.

Also, there was another study where they hooked monkeys up to gas masks and basically force fed them marijuana smoke for over an hour. These monkeys showed significant amounts of brain damage, but this has nothing to do with marijauna. The inhalation of any sort of smoke for over an hour will cause this because of the carbon monoxide found in all smoke, but since it was a gov't funded study, it was hailed as proof of the evils of marijauna and is STILL cited today by gov't antidrug groups.

Too top it all of since there is an unofficial ban on marijuana research in the US, groups that want to refute these findings cannot, unless they travel to another country.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals