Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

The Governator @ Mr. Olympia contest while SoCal burns
    #2045828 - 10/26/03 09:28 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

One article

Some pictures

Live cam

Thank God Gray Davis is actually down there, giving a fuck about his people, calling for a state of emergency while Arnold fucking schmoozes with the Mr. Olympia contestants in Vegas.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: The Governator @ Mr. Olympia contest while SoCal burns [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #2045836 - 10/26/03 09:31 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I can still see one of those fires from my window. Crazy stuff. There's a huge cloud of smoke over the sky.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: The Governator @ Mr. Olympia contest while SoCal burns [Re: silversoul7]
    #2045859 - 10/26/03 09:40 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

It looks pretty nuts..

I dunno how you will react to this, but it is meant with an honest heart.  I am praying for the safety of all my California brothers and sisters :smile:

--------------------

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2045884 - 10/26/03 09:51 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

It's funny how fox news and the mainstream media covers it as "Firestorm 2003" !! Talk about being misinformed, I was watching it today and the news reporter was saying that they were caused by arsonists.

Hate to say it but, they are natural occuring fires that happen every year during this season. I lived in San Diego for 20 years...The "Santa Ana's" which are ALWAYS present from September through November cause extremely dry air from the deserts to blow towards the ocean. Plus, SoCal has not seen any rain through the summer months (like usual), and causes everything to be dry.

It's pretty crazy how these fires ar burning, and I hope my fellow Californians will be safe... but jeez, the media needs to swallow some xanax.

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: The Governator @ Mr. Olympia contest while SoCal burns [Re: angryshroom]
    #2045902 - 10/26/03 09:56 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Um, dude... have you seen the fires?

This is not a normal fire year.

You are on serious amounts of crack if you think it is. I dont mean to be offensive, but this is a pretty big deal.

The airports are closed. Only 1 highway is completely open.
Here are the closings:
Interstate 15 north at Balboa Avenue
Interstate 15 south at state Route 125
State Route 52 west at Mission Gorge Road
State Route 163 north at state Route 52
State Route 67 north from Lakeside To Poway Road

Ive talked to several people that have lived there for 20-30 years, 50 years(one) and they have seen nada like this.

One fire was definately caused by a flare by some lost hunter. The others are speculation at this point, but they very well could be arsonists... do you know how many different fires there are? Ive lost count at this point.. I know atleast 5

4 have been named:
Cedar - 120,000 acres-- North
Paradise - 8,000 --Valley Center
Mine - 15,000 - South -- has crossed the Mexico border
Fire at Camp Pendelton - 5k acres
Grand Prix -- 27000 - east of LA (north)

Im not sure which of these may be covered in any of the above totals.. they are being billed as seperate fires, but everything seems pretty confused right now.
Waterman Canyon - 3000 - 10 miles east of Rancho Cucamonga
Simi Fire.. 47K
Old San Bernadino Natl Forest - 10K
Verdale - 15K - 4 miles west of Santa Clarita
Piru - 1200 - 14 miles NW of Santa Clara

Total acres so far 165K atleast.. Im not covering alot of the smaller fires. Over 200 houses have been destroyed thus far. 12 people have been verified dead from fire or inhalation.

Historical stats from California to put it in more perspective
http://www.nifc.gov/stats/historicalstats.html

September 1970 Laguna California 175,425 382 Structures Destroyed

July 1977 Sycamore California 805 234 Structures Destroyed

November 1980 Panorama California 23,600 325 Structures Destroyed

1987 Siege of 87' California 640,000 Valuable timber lost on the Klamath and Stanislaus National Forests

June 1990 Painted Cave California 4,900 641 Structures Destroyed

October 1991 Oakland Hills California 1,500 25 Lives Lost and 2,900 Structures Destroyed

August - November 1999 Big Bar Complex California 140,947 Series of fires caused several evacuations during a 3 1/2 month period

September - November 1999 Kirk Complex California 86,700 Hundreds of people were evacuated by this complex of fires that burned for almost 3 months

--------------------

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2045919 - 10/26/03 10:06 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

It's being covered more than usual. There are quite a few fires. However, fires this time of year is completely normal. I could say yes, there are a lot of fires right now. Its a pretty heavy Santa Ana conditions.

My parents still live in San Diego. They say that there is a lot of ash flying down into the surrounding areas. Its heavy shit. I hope things will be okay for everyone.

LAX is closed because the fire is in Claremont, the winds are going directly into the airport...

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: The Governator @ Mr. Olympia contest while SoCal burns [Re: angryshroom]
    #2046519 - 10/27/03 02:27 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I hate faux news.. but someone made me look at the page because of another ridiculous story and I came across this. You can find the same figures on other sites, I just dont feel like digging the links up again.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,101220,00.html

277,000 acres burned. atleast 13 dead. more then 850 homes up in smoke.

Just an update for perspective before I sleep.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2046802 - 10/27/03 07:50 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

blah blah blah. what do you want him to do about it?

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2046885 - 10/27/03 08:49 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PsiloKitten said:
The Governator @ Mr. Olympia contest while SoCal burns...

Yes, what is Arnold to do about the fires? The fire fighters can't even get things under control. Your subject line is assinine at best.

Quote:

Thank God Gray Davis is actually down there, giving a fuck about his people, calling for a state of emergency while Arnold fucking schmoozes with the Mr. Olympia contestants in Vegas.

Gray Davis hasn't done a fucking thing except belatedly declaring a state of emergency. Where was Gray Davis and the liberals when the residents of these areas (I am one of them, I live in the San Bernadino Mountains) were asking that citizens be allowed to cut down trees? Where was Gray Davis when RATIONAL people were pointing out the need to clear out old growth because of the fire dangers? I'll tell you, Davis and the rest of the liberal establishment were sucking the limp dicks of the environmental extremist wakos, while neglecting the welfare of and ignoring the potential hazards to the citizens who he is responsible to.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #2047007 - 10/27/03 10:08 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

What the fuck is he supposed to do, he's not really the terminator ya know, besides Gray Davis is still governor.

you people will bitch aboot anything.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: The Governator @ Mr. Olympia contest while SoCal burns [Re: Evolving]
    #2047149 - 10/27/03 10:59 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

:rolleyes:

Couldnt be happening to a nicer person.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2047151 - 10/27/03 11:01 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I'm afraid I'll have to agree with the conservatives on this one. I really don't see what you expect Arnold to do.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: The Governator @ Mr. Olympia contest while SoCal burns [Re: Innvertigo]
    #2047164 - 10/27/03 11:07 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

For some historical perspective, why dont you look at previous governers in times like this have done.? Can you really be so fucking dense? Oh wait, I forget who Im talking to.

I guarantee you they werent at the Mr. Olympia pagent while the people in their core constituency burned.

What is he supposed to do?

Do you people not even know what a governer is? What he is supposed to do....

Im glad this will hit socal, the people who elected this asshole, in the pocketbook damn hard. You reap what you sow.

Davis asked for much money to do fire prevention.. also, Evolving. HE COULDNT FIND THE MONEY ANYWHERE.. Uh duh. Nobody even keeps up with what the fuck is going on in their state. They just bitch about liberals when they dont even know just what the "liberals" tried to do but were blocked by you idiots on the right who want all their money and no social programs. You want the corporations to have all their money, no social programs.
Take what you deserve as a result.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #2047218 - 10/27/03 11:35 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

PsiloKitten writes:

For some historical perspective, why dont you look at previous governers in times like this have done.?

As Evolving points out -- Arnold is not yet the governor, he's the governor-elect. Gray Davis is the governor and will remain so until Arnold is sworn in.

But yes, let's take a look at what previous governors have done -- From today's http://boortz.com/nuze/index.html

"At this point 14 people have been killed and 650 homes have been destroyed by wildfires in California over the weekend.? It seems to be California's burden to bear year after year.? I went through a few of these when I lived in Southern California.? It really gets your attention when you wake up to go to school in the morning and the sun doesn't come out.? You walk outside and ashes are falling like black snowflakes.

"These wildfires and these lost homes reminded me of one government outrage I related to listeners quite a few years ago.? Is it possible that some of these homes could have been saved if it were not for the Rat Nazis?

"Rat Nazis?? What in the hell are Rat Nazis?? The Rat Nazis are the great and exalted protectors of the kangaroo rat ... that cute little critter which inhabits the very areas that were burning over the past weekend.? I can't say that this is happening today (*** from what Evolving has said, it seems it still is***), but several years ago the Rat Nazis wouldn't let you clear an area of underbrush around your home in order to protect it from fires.? The underbrush, you see, was a kangaroo rat habitat.? I remember one story where a homeowner proceeded to clear a firebreak around his home anyway.? Good thing he did, too, because the fire came along within days and destroyed all homes on his street --- except his.? After the smoke cleared the government cited this poor SOB for clearing out a rat habitat.

"Government ... gotta love it."

So... if use your own common sense and your own effort and your own money to protect your own property from fire so you don't have to suck up tax dollars from a declared disaster area, you get slapped with a citation. Gee, I sure do wish I lived in California.

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2047322 - 10/27/03 12:19 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PsiloKitten said:
For some historical perspective, why dont you look at previous governers in times like this have done.? Can you really be so fucking dense? Oh wait, I forget who Im talking to.

What does this have to do with a person who IS NOT the governor?

Quote:

I guarantee you they werent at the Mr. Olympia pagent while the people in their core constituency burned.

Neither is the current California Governor. To quote you, "Can you really be so fucking dense? Oh wait, I forget who Im talking to."

Quote:

What is he supposed to do?

You tell us, oh wise one. What is Arnold Schwarzenegger (private citizen) supposed to do?

Quote:

Do you people not even know what a governer is?

Yes, but apparently you don't. For your information, Arnold Schwarzenegger is not a governor.

Quote:

Im glad this will hit socal, the people who elected this asshole, in the pocketbook damn hard. You reap what you sow.

Ah, another enlightened compassionate liberal (aka: typical liberal hypocrite). You're real name isn't 'Hillary' by any chance, is it?

Quote:

Davis asked for much money to do fire prevention.. also, Evolving. HE COULDNT FIND THE MONEY ANYWHERE.. Uh duh.

BULLSHIT, pure and simple. If you were the least bit aware, you would realize that Davis and his liberal cabal who have controlled the state have been on a spending spree like drunken lottery winners. Under his watch, they have increased spending by nearly 40% while state revenue grew but 25%, adding a new tax liability of an average of $2,100.00 per California family. It's not that there isn't any money, but that there is a lack of rational judgement in government and no accountability (except for recalls, which are too few).

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#2047399 - 10/27/03 12:47 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

first of all genius Gray Davis is Gov. When you figure that little tid bit out get back to me.

Quote:

you're glad? What an ignorant thing to say....but i forgot who i'm replying to. :smirk:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Edited by Innvertigo (10/27/03 12:57 PM)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2047451 - 10/27/03 01:01 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

One fire was definately caused by a flare by some lost hunter.

Probably innvertigo...

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: The Governator @ Mr. Olympia contest while SoCal burns [Re: Xlea321]
    #2047474 - 10/27/03 01:06 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i was trying to smoke out some endangered critters.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2047780 - 10/27/03 03:22 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

The foolishness of this post and your comments go beyond the drivel I have come to expect from you.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: The Governator @ Mr. Olympia contest while SoCal burns [Re: Innvertigo]
    #2047786 - 10/27/03 03:23 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Innvertigo said:
i was trying to smoke out some endangered critters.

You da man! Now all the homeless have to do is wander around picking up a free pre-cooked dinner.

mmmmm...... cat!

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom