Home | Community | Message Board

MycologyNow.com Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Offlinecoralrives
Adventurer

Re: Do you "like" the US government? [Re: Evolving]
    #2915768 - 07/22/04 01:46 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Evolving said:
Quote:

coralrives said:
Government CAN invest.

Really?

Try answering a few questions:

1) What's the return on investment?

2) How are dividends paid out?

3) What is the U.S. government investing in under Bush that will provide us with material returns?

4) How much longer can the U.S. go into debt before there are repercussions?

5) What happens when foreigners decide to stop buying U.S. government debt instruments? Who will buy the debt then?

6) Is it right for those living in the present to make future taxpayers pay for the excesses being enjoyed now?

7) Could you please tell us why the following is a good thing? According to The Bureau of Labor Statistics the average hourly worker earned $521.73 per week in 2003, (the 12 months ending in June). During the same period a year later, he earned an average of $524.37. The last figure is only 0.5% greater than the first. Meanwhile, the CPI rose by more than 3% during the same period.

1, 2, and 3:
Supply side economics and trickle down. Stop taxing and money will be spent more freely creating jobs and income for the workforce.

4)I dont know, when have we not been in debt?

5)Never happen

6) Always happened, you think you will get your social security???

7) more less paying jobs were available.

--------------------
"Be good and you will be lonesome."
Mark Twain

Grow Log

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Do you "like" the US government? [Re: coralrives]
    #2915944 - 07/22/04 02:32 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

coralrives said:
1, 2, and 3:
Supply side economics and trickle down. Stop taxing and money will be spent more freely creating jobs and income for the workforce.

Bullshit. You didn't answer the questions. You claim that government spending is an investment. Demonstrate the return on the investment, where are the dividends? You claim supply side economics, trickle down and jobs. Private sector jobs are created by private businesses, public sector jobs are created at the expense of capital drained from the private sector - we can assume that at least of portion of these funds could have been used to employ people in the private sector and in productive enterprises, not government make work schemes or bureaucratic paper shuffling. Lowering taxes without lowering spending causes monetary inflation through monetization of the debt which lead to higher prices and also burdens future taxpayers with servicing and re-paying the debt. What is the U.S. government investing in under Bush that will provide us with material returns?

Quote:

4)I dont know, when have we not been in debt?

The issue is the magnitude of the debt and the continual increase of the debt. Do you honestly think that this can go on forever?

Quote:

5)Never happen

That is a foolish and short-sighted assumption. You are in for a very sobering history lesson in your lifetime (assuming you are not an old fart).

Quote:

6) Always happened, you think you will get your social security???

You did not answer the question. The existence of an injustice is not an argument for it's continuation. Social security is part of the problem which I am referring to, it is a ponzi scheme that will become bankrupt. Is it right for those living in the present to make future taxpayers pay for the excesses being enjoyed now? A simple yes or no is all that is required to answer.

Quote:

7) more less paying jobs were available.

Excuse me? Could you please tell us why the following is a good thing? According to The Bureau of Labor Statistics the average hourly worker earned $521.73 per week in 2003, (the 12 months ending in June). During the same period a year later, he earned an average of $524.37. The last figure is only 0.5% greater than the first. Meanwhile, the CPI rose by more than 3% during the same period.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Offlinecoralrives
Adventurer

Re: Do you "like" the US government? [Re: Evolving]
    #2917077 - 07/22/04 07:47 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Here is the investment and returns:

The cumulative effect of tax relief on the economy has been strong, laying the groundwork for increased economic growth and job creation. According to the Treasury Department, by the last quarter of 2003, the tax relief signed by President Bush had:

Reduced the unemployment rate by nearly 1 percentage point below where it would have been otherwise;
Increased the jobs available to Americans by as many as 2 million; and
Increased real GDP by as much as 3 percent.

For the state of our union to be strong, we need to invest in Americans. That means investing in job growth and giving workers the tools they need to succeed. It means investing in our future by fully funding our commitment to America's schools. It means ensuring the safety of our ports and borders. And it means standing up for the men and women who risk their lives to protect us.

--------------------
"Be good and you will be lonesome."
Mark Twain

Grow Log

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Do you "like" the US government? [Re: coralrives]
    #2917229 - 07/22/04 08:36 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

So your claim is that by NOT taking taxpayers' money that he is investing? Sorry, but that makes no sense. What about the massive deficit spending? What has that been invested in which will promise a return (other than a return to inflation and higher taxes in the future)? Medicare?

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom