Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepurenergy
see you spacecowboy....

Loc: one is all, one is none, ...
dogging peoples beliefs
    #1979286 - 10/04/03 05:19 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

just got in discussion with my father type person about religion type issues.  i told him i dont believe in hell, satan, biblical creationism, and an idealized god. christianity just isnt my personal cup-o-tea, but its my fathers.  ive had some "religious" experiences...some with drugs...some without.  i dont pretend to know all the answers, but i believe when we die we go back to where we came from, "the great spirit or consciousness" you could say.  i dont believe in individual souls, really...but in the end it doesnt matter what you believe.  the experiences ive had i never discuss, they r very personal and carry a great deal of emotion.  so, my father says my experiences were satan, n that he doubts that they were "religious" experiences...he totally underminded my beliefs reducing them to trash.  this is why i dont ever discuss these things.  to undermind my beliefs n experiences infuriates me. :thumbdown: :shake:

--------------------
one has lived from an endless past and will live into an endless future. at this very moment one partakes of Eternal Life-blissful, luminous, pure.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: dogging peoples beliefs [Re: purenergy]
    #1979321 - 10/04/03 05:38 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Your father most likely had the exact same kind of parents..and so on...
You have to realize, he was basically "Brainwashed" from since day one when he was born, and that his bioelectronic computer called "Brain" has been so deeply programmed to the beliefs that he holds up to this day, that he will feel threatened by any body who believes otherwise...keep in mind its all very subconscious of course...
Just ignore him.
Easy as it gets.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: dogging peoples beliefs [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #1979341 - 10/04/03 05:47 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SkorpivoMusterion said:
Your father most likely had the exact same kind of parents..and so on...
You have to realize, he was basically "Brainwashed" from since day one when he was born, and that his bioelectronic computer called "Brain" has been so deeply programmed to the beliefs that he holds up to this day, that he will feel threatened by any body who believes otherwise...keep in mind its all very subconscious of course...
Just ignore him.
Easy as it gets. 

Can't the same be said of every belief ingrained in us since birth? Yes, Indeed! :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1979372 - 10/04/03 05:58 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Just tell him that his beliefs are the deceptions of Satan and that yours is the one true religon. :devil:

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: dogging peoples beliefs [Re: silversoul7]
    #1979430 - 10/04/03 06:32 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Hahahahahahaha

Offlinepurenergy
see you spacecowboy....

Loc: one is all, one is none, ...
    #1979505 - 10/04/03 07:27 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

hehe...another thing that gets to me is that he says, "i thought the same way you did when i was your age," but obviously he didnt...my beliefs arent just a "stage or phase" for christ sakes...im 23!

--------------------
one has lived from an endless past and will live into an endless future. at this very moment one partakes of Eternal Life-blissful, luminous, pure.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1979517 - 10/04/03 07:35 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

my beliefs arent just a "stage or phase" for christ sakes

Let's hope not. I've had several religious "phases." I've been Protestant, Catholic, Wiccan, Druid, Agnostic, and Buddhist, but I think my current beliefs(I call it "Psychedelic Buddhism") are pretty much what I'm sticking to.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#1979565 - 10/04/03 07:59 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

That's really sad. I don't believe in the Devil, but if I did I'd probably believe that dogma was Satan's way of keeping people from really experiencing divinity, keeping them in little shallow sorrowful boxes. So often is dogma supported by an atmosphere or fear, loss of self and resentment that this makes more sense than the notion that people who seek out thier own spiritual path are decieved.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1980696 - 10/05/03 05:36 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Quote:

Let's hope not.  I've had several religious "phases."  I've been Protestant, Catholic, Wiccan, Druid, Agnostic, and Buddhist, but I think my current beliefs(I call it "Psychedelic Buddhism") are pretty much what I'm sticking to. 

You mean you haven't went through either the Evangelist stage or even the Oprah Winfrey stage yet?! Shame! :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #1980773 - 10/05/03 07:19 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Just call the authorities when your dad's shed starts to reek of diesel fuel and he's loading up a rental Rider truck with heavy barrels, okay? :smirk:

Seriously now. I can see you love your dad to the extent of wanting to share your spirituality with him. But instead of greater unification you get fragmentation because your dad has closed the door of his spirituality to you.

When your spirituality develops it gradually takes precedent over the people around you, meaning that when your belief strengthens it is to the expense of your openness to the opinions of others. Very soon you reach the stage where you know the "absolute truth" and other people's beliefs have become "misled opinions".

Timothy mcVeigh, Osama Bin Laden, George Bush, Adolf Hitler, Charles Manson and millions of others throughout time have shone in the Light of the Absolute Truth. Schizophrenia and other forms of psychosis almost by definition entails a discovery of the Absolute Truth from connecting the dots like nobody has done before.

No force in humanity has caused such a large portion of misery, violence and death as the Absolute Truth. No Christian in his right mind would orchestrate a killing, right? Thou Shalt Not Kill and all? Well: when GOD HIMSELF comes down from heaven and bestows the honor of such a divine mission upon you, YOU WILL. And since religion is all about BELIEF, there is no way of knowing if it is truely a "divine manifestation" or a scrambling of your senses.

Anyhoo, to your dad his religious beliefs have become more weighty than other peoples opinions. Do not -ever- make the mistake to take this personally. He is not rejecting your personal stance, but rather the stances of the outside world which deviate from what he firmly believes in. This is perfectly normal human behavior: it is the norm to have beliefs beyond the influence of others, even if you're not religious.

But it is a sad, sad thing to get someone you love hurl his ugliest thing at your most treasured one. It makes you feel pretty rejected and discovering some whooptydoo is more important to your loved one than you yourself is incredibly frustrating. But remember: it is the NORM that people have beliefs they hold dearer than anyone around them and you should not -ever- take this personally because if you do that you only increase the distance between you.

I myself live by the 99 Rule. I believe that if anyone would, the world would be a far better place. What I mean by "99 Rule" is simply:

"No man, no religion including science, has ever actually PROVEN anything as far as we can verify. When there is conflict of truths there in essence is a conflict of beliefs. Never assume you are the first human being to have found the 100% truth: view your most treasured beliefs as being 99% likely."

Purenergy.. I know from experience it hurts like hell to share your inner beliefs, the ones you've been cultivating for 1.000s of hours, with someone you love and to have them dismissed as Hogwash after been given less then three seconds of thought. I myself label this as a lack of social skills, because ideas that conflict your own can be dealt with without kicking the shit out of another persons beliefs.

Think of it like this: your father feels what he believes is the finest, best stuff there is. Because he values you, he wants to share that beauty with you and make you part of it. If he didn't care for you, he wouldn't bother.

A member of the kkk does not invite his black neighbour to discuss the latter's appearant racial inferiority over a cup of coffee, but rather gives him a look that matches the ugliness of his beliefs whenever he passes him, because he lacks empathy and care.

I agree that what your dad did takes the fun out of fundamentalism, but him trying to convince you of the reality of his beliefs and wanting you to be a part of them is actually an odd way of showing love, since he would not bother if he didn't care.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
Re: dogging peoples beliefs [Re: Asante]
    #1980804 - 10/05/03 08:32 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah people dogging beliefs is really the purest form of irony these days. For example when it comes to how we came to this planet i belive most in Sumerian texts wich is actually much older than Judaism. According to these texts we were breeded here by a GROUP of "gods"(extraterestials) to do there labor. They were very symbolic and most had some kind of symbol of there own. Like the serpent, wich was the symbol of the god that was for the freedom of humanity. He was for humans having knowledge and eternal life (the gods had accuired eternal life through gold wich is supposedly why gold is so valueble to us and controls our economy and signifies the strongest country) after humans started complaining he brought them herbs of knowledge against the will of other "gods", but not eternal life because he believed life would be useless to humans without knowledge. This story of Creation later on got all changed up by Judaism wich gave all credit to the one "god" Yaweh as the creator. And a serpent as the symbol of the disobedience of man kind. I try not to explain these belief too much because naive Christians automaticly go "Oh, So you worship the devil" NO. I Dont worship anything! These "gods" are long gone. I also dont belive in diffrent individual souls, i belive in one energy or conciousness that manifests itself in diffrent ways in DNA through matter. Therefore allowing matter to experience itself as life..

*EDIT* lol, if he had told me he believed the same thing when he was my age i would have had laughed in his face, i would ask him if he ever studied the oldest cultures in this planet and read all the books and information i read. I tell him i used to belive what he belives when i was 11. lol

--------------------

Edited by Spokesman (10/05/03 08:39 AM)

OfflineTheEggman
Mind-expandingStudent
Loc: Central California
Re: dogging peoples beliefs [Re: Spokesman]
    #1981068 - 10/05/03 01:03 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

In the words of Timothy Leary, "The Post-Larval Must Be Very Cautious in Communicating with Larval Humans."

--------------------
Peace and love,
Tim.

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
Re: dogging peoples beliefs [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1981142 - 10/05/03 01:44 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Quote:

Let's hope not.  I've had several religious "phases."  I've been Protestant, Catholic, Wiccan, Druid, Agnostic, and Buddhist, but I think my current beliefs(I call it "Psychedelic Buddhism") are pretty much what I'm sticking to. 

You mean you haven't went through either the Evangelist stage or even the Oprah Winfrey stage yet?! Shame! :grin:
Peace. 

:lol:
N how about the Generation X Consumer stage :grin:
Or the Freudian world view stage :grin: 

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

Offlinelucid

#1981143 - 10/05/03 01:44 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Quote:

Peace. 

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: dogging peoples beliefs [Re: lucid]
    #1981148 - 10/05/03 01:46 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

lucid said:

And let us not forget the most acclaimed: burnt out, alcoholic, cigarette smoking, acid-taking roadie for Guns N Roses. :grin:

Damn it if that isn't the best one.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinelucid

#1981211 - 10/05/03 02:12 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

that is truely the best :grin:

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1981470 - 10/05/03 03:53 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Your father is blinded by "faith."

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology