Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
rye not bloating like in Anno's pics (pic)
    #1952092 -

Trying to follow Anno's rye grain for simple minds tek. His pics have grains that are really fat. In Anno's pics the grains fatten up so much they climb to like 2/3 full. When I cook em with the same rye/water ratio they really don't get nearly as fat re: the pic below. Is this good enough?



--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rye not bloating like in Anno's pics (pic) [Re: question_for_joo]
    #1952123 -

Read the FAQ's before posting.

http://www.shroomery.org/faq.htm

To save you the trouble I have included some of my favorite grain links.

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23310
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23372

I thoroughly recommend the second link. It outlines a method whereby you soak the rye for 24 hours to germinate any bacterial endospores and then simmer/PC to kill any leftover contams. Personally, this is the only tek I use to prepare rye because I have never had any issues with contams/moisture and my berries have always been plump and juicy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rye not bloating like in Anno's pics (pic) [Re: Shamanorrhea]
    #1952131 -

thanks for the surly response asshole
that doesn't say anything about changing the texture of the grains, it just talks like an extra measure to avoid contams, which I don't have problems with.


--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rye not bloating like in Anno's pics (pic) [Re: question_for_joo]
    #1952149 -

try it again with a few jars - try adding an extra 5ml water to one, and an extra 10 to another, and 15 to a third, before pcing. label them. see which one comes out best. go from there. time well invested.

the source and age of the grain must surely play a big part.

that all being said, i've never done rye  :laugh:   


--------------------
buh

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rye not bloating like in Anno's pics (pic) [Re: question_for_joo]
    #1952185 -

question_for_joo said:
thanks for the surly response asshole
that doesn't say anything about changing the texture of the grains, it just talks like an extra measure to avoid contams, which I don't have problems with.



Harsh reply for a guy that wants to help you.


--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rye not bloating like in Anno's pics (pic) [Re: question_for_joo]
    #1952250 -

What kind of rye did you get? Was it fresh and organic? I used that same exact tek and the jar was about 2/3 full after the PCing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rye not bloating like in Anno's pics (pic) [Re: daussaulit]
    #1952273 -

that happend to me  last time, now i just leave the ryw soking in whater from the night before and then pc it and the fuking expand like hell :laugh: try that

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rye not bloating like in Anno's pics (pic) [Re: Callampin]
    #1952315 -

one more thing, I never soaked it overnight.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rye not bloating like in Anno's pics (pic) [Re: question_for_joo]
    #1953106 -

The water content seems ok though.
Perhaps it?s your kind of rye.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rye not bloating like in Anno's pics (pic) [Re: Anno]
    #1953116 -

simmer it for a half hour.it will bloat bigger than gorge w's ego


--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rye not bloating like in Anno's pics (pic) [Re: Hanky]
    #1953721 -

But, do you have any problem with germination of the spores, colonization, contams,...? or you just want the thing to look similar as Anno?s. I mean, I follow Anno?s procedure and my jars look dark as hell, but you know I suppose it?s the type of rye which is not the same everywhere. If you don?t have problems, keep going, IMO of course.


--------------------
Sr_Setahongo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rye not bloating like in Anno's pics (pic) [Re: Semilanceata]
    #1953801 -

Well I'm using organic rye grain that I obtained from mycosupply.com.  I guess it's just a different kind of rye than Anno's.  I'm going to try innoculating it anyway.
I left some grain soaking overnight and will try simmering it and PCing and if it turns out different, fatter, then I'll post a pic.  Thanks for the advice everyone, especially Shamandiarrheas's two message revisions  :wink:


--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rye not bloating like in Anno's pics (pic) [Re: question_for_joo]
    #1954210 -

After sterilizing, I leave the jars sitting 3-4 days before inoculation of the spores, then I look well at them to see if something non desirable germinated, if not they?re ready to inoculate.
Try it man, I prefer to waste grain instead of spore syringes.


--------------------
Sr_Setahongo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rye not bloating like in Anno's pics (pic) [Re: Semilanceata]
    #1954290 -

Semilanceata said:
After sterilizing, I leave the jars sitting 3-4 days before inoculation of the spores, then I look well at them to see if something non desirable germinated, if not they?re ready to inoculate.
Try it man, I prefer to waste grain instead of spore syringes.



Depends on your point of view, if its your first grow and you just paid for the syringe, maybe a fair point. But I am not sure if you would see a nasty growing in the middle of the jar after 3-4 days, just do a few jars, and make sure you keep clean and follow the sterilision tek's. But after your first grow you will be able to have as many syringes as you want. Printing goes not damage the cap much.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rye not bloating like in Anno's pics (pic) [Re: psilomonkey]
    #1956328 -

I make my own syringes and still think it?s cheaper and requires less effort to sterilize some grain than making a decent, clean, contam free spore syringe.

And I do think that if it?s something inside the jar it sure will grow passed 3-4 days if stored at the proper incubation temperature range. You can wait 5-6 days though.


--------------------
Sr_Setahongo

Edited by Semilanceata (09/27/03 01:25 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rye not bloating like in Anno's pics (pic) [Re: question_for_joo]
    #1959306 -

I've come to believe it really does depend on the particular rye you are using. I've been following the same teks and my berries are fat, exploded and slimy. Too wet and nothing grows!
Currently adding less water and wating for the results.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Log of my first time using rye spawn (NEW PICS)
( 1 2 3 all )
jebus2000 10,986 43 07/04/12 04:38 PM
by tomoceusz
* does anyone have exp. casing strait rye. walt 1,517 4 07/10/02 11:50 AM
by walt
* You gota love birdssed ! ! (pic) AnnoA 1,762 12 12/21/01 11:43 PM
by straightbangin
* She gave me Le Parfait... (PICS) Everlast 1,118 5 10/15/01 06:57 PM
by Everlast
* How to prepare rye grain ?? TreeofLife 12,657 16 04/09/10 06:21 PM
by organicchemist25
* First rye try, help? thePilgrim_0 782 6 05/25/01 11:29 PM
by lounge lizard
* ATTN: Anno! (Re: Sterilizing Rye Berries w/o a PC) Hammerloaf 1,499 3 02/15/02 01:02 PM
by Hammerloaf
* general rye questions Fuzzy 2,061 10 05/16/01 10:39 PM
by Fuzzy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,585 topic views. 13 members, 62 guests and 104 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 14 queries.