Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Equals
    #1905977 - 09/11/03 04:28 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

How many of us here at Spirituality and Philosophy see everyone that posts here as equals on this path of shared learning, just on different levels of learning??

And how many people here see everyone in existance as equals in the same way, but with a much broader spectrum of the different levels we are on and what it is that we are learning??

Also, how many people almost always think of others this way everytime you read their posts or talk or meet someone in real life??
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Edited by fireworks_god (09/11/03 04:29 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRastafari
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Equals [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1906018 - 09/11/03 04:35 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

sadly I think equality is very much in lacking in our culture

but I do agree that we are all equal, but on different levels

it goes back to that different path, same destination thing...

some of us suffer less, some of us suffer more.... but were all part of this one nature that I beleive was created out of love and light! thats our source...I think sooner or later we will all recognize our connection to this great force

--------------------
I&I

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Equals [Re: Rastafari]
    #1906051 - 09/11/03 04:41 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Well, what makes us so fucking different? We are all people born into this world. The only difference (besides structural, looks, which aren't really substansial anyways) is the different situations and surroundings that we are born into, the different inputs that we pick up.

We are all dropped into this world as pure potential. We are all obviously going to learn different lessons, experience different things, and come to find different beliefs.

All together we have collected a massive amount of experiences. All together, they form one picture... The picture would look a hell of a lot better and have more meaning if we weren't putting up these ugly, cold, concrete walls between our individual sections of our painting..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineRastafari
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1906120 - 09/11/03 04:53 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i agree

--------------------
I&I

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
    #1906122 - 09/11/03 04:53 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I always try and respect other people's shit. No one can change who or what they are instantly. Everyone is at a different stage of development, and they couldn't be anywhere else, so who the hell am I to judge them, you know?

Especially on this board, I try and remind myself that communication is a difficult task. True communication, where the full meaning of the concept is conveyed is rare and hard to do. Sometimes if someone says something I think is really stupid, I just think that maybe that person is having a bad day, or a bad hour, or a bad minute; they simply lost their focus and concentration and have allowed the sea in their mind to become choppy and violent.

We truly are all equals. We might be able to judge each other based on specific talents and stuff, but viewed as a whole, mankind is all in this boat together.

--------------------

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
Re: Equals [Re: chunder]
    #1906170 - 09/11/03 05:02 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I try and remind myself that communication is a difficult task. True communication, where the full meaning of the concept is conveyed is rare and hard to do. Sometimes if someone says something I think is really stupid, I just think that maybe that person is having a bad day, or a bad hour, or a bad minute;

I agree. Awareness is hard to put into words sometimes. Almost impossible.

I see communication on these boards like fishing in a way. You experiment with different bait (words,ideas) to try and find someone who will understand what you are trying to convey and hopefully relate. Maybe even contribute.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Edited by sirreal (09/11/03 05:03 PM)

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #1906661 - 09/11/03 07:21 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

awesome questions!!!

the only differences I would ever see is the experiences that develope a personality.  Even then our personalities aren't really what we ARE.  We all know we have a consciousness.  Since we know we have a consciousness, we are then awareness, if that makes any sense at all :smile:.  I think when we stop attaching outside personalities and even our own to ourselves, then the differences will disappear, because the only difference is the experiences that shape us.  since we are all this awareness, then I think we're equal.

I try not to judge, but rather just ask questions or give responses. just add to the overall you know!  that's all anyone can really do hehe.  then again I don't do it all the time, but I try my best at this current now,  and that's all I can ever do. 

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Equals [Re: kaiowas]
    #1906982 - 09/11/03 09:10 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, we are all equal as human beings, but it's the path we each choose that sets us apart for one another. Therefore I cannot view any one person equal to me. I am no better or worse then the next person. My experiences, education, spirituality, morals and values are mine and mine alone. I donot expect anyone to accept them and I wouldn't expect someone to presuade me from the path I choose to walk.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1907011 - 09/11/03 09:17 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

All together we have collected a massive amount of experiences. All together, they form one picture... The picture would look a hell of a lot better and have more meaning if we weren't putting up these ugly, cold, concrete walls between our individual sections of our painting..

I like this paragraph.  :wink:

Everyone here has posted god replies, and in a way, I agree with all of them. At times, I do judge people, but then I realize that they might be at different stages or are better than me in other ways.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
    #1907685 - 09/12/03 12:24 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

hell yeah...I've had that whole 'different levels' theory forever now, but every time I try to explain it to anyone they just look at me with this blank face like I've been playing way too many RPGs or something

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
Re: Equals [Re: Mystical_Craven]
    #1907715 - 09/12/03 12:38 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Doctor J is equivalent to no one

no one is greater or less than Doctor J

the end

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

Offlinethe universe
Harbinger ofEldritch Despair
Male

Loc: Under your bed
Re: Equals [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1907916 - 09/12/03 01:44 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

We've all got the same genome don't we?

--------------------
"If you had a million years to do it in, you couldn't rub out even half the 'Fuck you' signs in the world."- J. D. Salinger

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #1907999 - 09/12/03 02:10 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i try very hard to
its pretty difficult to stick to sometimes though

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Equals [Re: Help on the Way]
    #1908375 - 09/12/03 03:48 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I think that a good way to sum it up is that we all recognize that we are all the same people on different levels, but that we all have different experiences that make us who we are, unparalled by anyone else. DoctorJ pretty much summed that up. :grin:

Quote:

My experiences, education, spirituality, morals and values are mine and mine alone. I donot expect anyone to accept them and I wouldn't expect someone to presuade me from the path I choose to walk.

This is pretty much dead-on. I remember that sometimes I would start writing down some observations about the world in my notebook, anytime I was actually home and was stoned, didn't feel like playing bass.. I would just start thinking about say music, the way I see the world, etc.. I always ended up assuming nothing about the person that may read it, as if I was writing this to share the idea with them..

I always ended up writing a lot of background information that one would have to understand first, before I could even begin presenting the new idea. It was basically me getting across my entire way of thinking so that the person would see where I was coming from when I explained the new idea. Even if it was something that I had already thought or knew for ages and don't even think about anymore, it had to be explained so that they could reallly see what it was that I was meaning..

I mean, if I was doing this and my audience was some foreign guy that couldn't read, I couldn't assume that he knew how to read English; I would either have to translate it or teach him English at the spot..

In any case, bringing someone to your perspective to understand exactly what it is that you are saying is a lot of work.. What you say to your mom or someone that isn't really into the study of music about music itself is going to be a lot different than what you say to your guitarist, who has been studying with you on the subject for months..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1908417 - 09/12/03 03:58 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

We're all lost together.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology