Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]
Re: [Thumb Story Part 2]: My dad and I got into a screaming match over Lortab [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #18627938 -

rbalzer said:
hahaha, don't call it dope sick when its percs. Dope = heroin, right?

hate it on like trailer park boys that everyyyone calls bud dope.



I KNOW!!! Older folks call it that too. I see all these perfectly normal middle-aged and elderly people talking about how they used to "smoke dope" and I'm just like... you've never touched dope, trust me.:smbfacepalm:

In other news, my Thanks and Sorry thread got deleted by the only mod I've ever heard people actually complain about but it's the thought that counts, right?


--------------------
Back, bitches.
st1lln0x: so i'm on weed, temazepam, adderall, dexedrine, dxm, dph, alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, tryptophan, GABA, and kratom
Cavemen_savemen: st1lln0x, do you feel like a robot yet?
st1lln0x: I feel like a fucking Gundam
Click to friend me on Steam for Counter-Strike
:crankey: IS LIFE SKULLFUCKING YOU!? HAVE SOME FREE MORALE! :awesomenod:
Click if you want to feel you alone can do it! Click if you want to feel confident and beastly! Click if you want courage to let go and move on! And click the message if you need someone to talk to -- I'll understand, even if we "hate" each other on here :hug: :sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: [Thumb Story Part 2]: My dad and I got into a screaming match over Lortab [Re: st1llnox]
    #18627972 -

Ok I told said mod if he was going to delete my "make it right" post he has to delete my "make it wrong" post and he deleted the wrong one (thumb story part 1).

But oh well I kind of like this one staying up as an illustration of what I told koods about people being smart, your close group being loyal, but a large community being unthinking, unfeeling, and remorseless saver for the compassionate few there always are lurking.


--------------------
Back, bitches.
st1lln0x: so i'm on weed, temazepam, adderall, dexedrine, dxm, dph, alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, tryptophan, GABA, and kratom
Cavemen_savemen: st1lln0x, do you feel like a robot yet?
st1lln0x: I feel like a fucking Gundam
Click to friend me on Steam for Counter-Strike
:crankey: IS LIFE SKULLFUCKING YOU!? HAVE SOME FREE MORALE! :awesomenod:
Click if you want to feel you alone can do it! Click if you want to feel confident and beastly! Click if you want courage to let go and move on! And click the message if you need someone to talk to -- I'll understand, even if we "hate" each other on here :hug: :sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: [Thumb Story Part 2]: My dad and I got into a screaming match over Lortab [Re: Gorlax]
    #18629133 -

Gorlax said:
You clearly are looking stupid in this situation. You have an infected thumb.. that's it. Lortab is for serious pain like a broken arm/wrist/ankle! You should have taken what they gave you without any comment. Asking for more of a narcotic is a red flag you are abusing them. No way in hell you need more than the recommended dosage unless you already had a previous tolerance and if so that's entirely your fault.






That's not entirely true, on a couple levels. First of all, some people metabolize opiates faster than others. Secondly, peoples' pain threshold can vary drastically. What I can tolerate with grit teeth might send someone else writhing and crying. Back to opiates, size can be a factor in how effective a dose is. That's why they measure stuff like LD50 as mg/kg  (milligram of drug per kilogram of body weight.)  I suspect that was possibly a big part of the reason when I got my wisdom teeth removed as a teenager, I got quite a lot of percs, as opposed to some of the people in this thread who got a handful of hydros for the same operation. I was a solid couple hundred pounds at that age. Another factor, more along the lines of what you suggested-- if OP had recently been abusing opiates recreationally soon before this incident, not only might he have a higher tolerance for opiates in general, but his baseline pain threshold might be lowered.


--------------------
------------------------
I am me. We are You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: [Thumb Story Part 2]: My dad and I got into a screaming match over Lortab [Re: st1llnox]
    #18629164 -

St1llnox: 


I almost feel like I shouldn't be telling you this because of your seeming predilection for drug use, and it is harsher on the body-- but you should perhaps look into opiate potentiation.  There are simple ways that you can boost the efficacy of a single dose of opiates considerably.  Some of these methods apply generally to all opioids, and some of them are specific to one drug (because of how that drug is metabolized.)


For example-- codeine (specifically) can be potentiated by consuming quinine (seltzer water) and grapefruit juice before the dose. Grapefruit supposedly works for a number of opioids (not to mention other drugs), but quinine is specific to codeine.


On that note-- the acidity or alkalinity of your stomach can affect the absorption of different drugs. I forget how that one works with opiates, though. I typically use other techniques...


I forget if hydrocodone metabolizes more similar to codeine, or more similar to morphine (or neither.) I've read that while some potentiators may be good for some, they may actually be bad for others (ineffective, or opposite effect than desired.)  Tagamet (Cimetidine) is the answer to potentiating morphine-like drugs. This works because it inhibits the enzyme that breaks the morphine down, allowing it to stay in your system longer. Interestingly enough, the antidepressant paxil has a similar effect. Find out what liver enzyme is responsible for metabolizing hydro, then look up which drugs inhibit that enzyme. Pretty simple, if you can find the info.


Generally speaking, antihistamines potnentiate opiates, in general. If you can get your hands on it, vistaril (hydroxyzine) is one of the best. But it's 'script only. Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) definitely works in a pinch. You only need a little (like 1, maybe two pills-- not fucking ten).


If you try something like grapefruit or cimetidine, you need to be very careful if you take any other drugs-- particularly depressants / benzos, because you may be potentiating those as well... and too much could have permanent consequences.


Might find some other ideas in here:  http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/252569-The-Ultimate-Opiate-Potentiation-Thread


Or if you want to go all out, you could extract the hydro, and then acetylate it to create "thebacon," which is several times stronger than hydro, and incidentally I can never read as anything other than "The Bacon." :lol:  That one's probably not a great idea, though, unless you're pretty good with chemistry.



Regarding your situation as a whole--  I've decided to continue reserving my comments for now. I've read a lot of your posts over the last week or so, and I've definitely come to some solid opinions about your situation. I'm not sure if you'd like or agree with them, though. Perhaps I'll post on that later, if I find the time...  For now, be safe-- I hope the meds help.

:peace:


--------------------
------------------------
I am me. We are You.

Edited by CidneyIndole (07/29/13 02:15 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: [Thumb Story Part 2]: My dad and I got into a screaming match over Lortab [Re: CidneyIndole]
    #18629252 -

CidneyIndole said:
St1llnox: 


I almost feel like I shouldn't be telling you this because of your seeming predilection for drug use, and it is harsher on the body-- but you should perhaps look into opiate potentiation.  There are simple ways that you can boost the efficacy of a single dose of opiates considerably.  Some of these methods apply generally to all opioids, and some of them are specific to one drug (because of how that drug is metabolized.)


For example-- codeine (specifically) can be potentiated by consuming quinine (seltzer water) and grapefruit juice before the dose. Grapefruit supposedly works for a number of opioids (not to mention other drugs), but quinine is specific to codeine.


On that note-- the acidity or alkalinity of your stomach can affect the absorption of different drugs. I forget how that one works with opiates, though. I typically use other techniques...


I forget if hydrocodone metabolizes more similar to codeine, or more similar to morphine (or neither.) I've read that while some potentiators may be good for some, they may actually be bad for others (ineffective, or opposite effect than desired.)  Tagamet (Cimetidine) is the answer to potentiating morphine-like drugs. This works because it inhibits the enzyme that breaks the morphine down, allowing it to stay in your system longer. Interestingly enough, the antidepressant paxil has a similar effect. Find out what liver enzyme is responsible for metabolizing hydro, then look up which drugs inhibit that enzyme. Pretty simple, if you can find the info.


Generally speaking, antihistamines potnentiate opiates, in general. If you can get your hands on it, vistaril (hydroxyzine) is one of the best. But it's 'script only. Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) definitely works in a pinch. You only need a little (like 1, maybe two pills-- not fucking ten).


If you try something like grapefruit or cimetidine, you need to be very careful if you take any other drugs-- particularly depressants / benzos, because you may be potentiating those as well... and too much could have permanent consequences.


Might find some other ideas in here:  http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/252569-The-Ultimate-Opiate-Potentiation-Thread


Or if you want to go all out, you could extract the hydro, and then acetylate it to create "thebacon," which is several times stronger than hydro, and incidentally I can never read as anything other than "The Bacon." :lol:  That one's probably not a great idea, though, unless you're pretty good with chemistry.



Regarding your situation as a whole--  I've decided to continue reserving my comments for now. I've read a lot of your posts over the last week or so, and I've definitely come to some solid opinions about your situation. I'm not sure if you'd like or agree with them, though. Perhaps I'll post on that later, if I find the time...  For now, be safe-- I hope the meds help.

:peace:



Dude I LOVE pharmacology and know little about opiates (they're a class of drug I avoid using because I know every year or two they save my ass). This is all FASCINATING... Selzer Water and Codeine?!? Histamines and opiates in general? I wonder if that's like cause of diphen inhibiting enzyme CYP450-2D6 (which I'm familiar with from my DXM :havesomescience:).

I can tell you on the hydrocodone that CYP-2D6 metabolizes it partially into hydromorphone. As far as morphine goes, I thought that breaking into morphine is what all "narcotic[ opiate]s" have in common and that Tramadol got around being classified as a narcotic because it doesn't meet the "morphine rule" I've read about being the criteria for something being a narcotic.

I did try potentiating with Cimitidine on the off chance it worked, but/and though I don't and haven't been taking opiates recreationally, I definitely caved in and have done a couple "wammy" doses trying to get high, and I could definitely tell that each one had paved a path of tolerance and decreased benefit for each preceding administration, be it a little for pain or a little more for getting high.

You can tell me what you want but I think it'd be beating a dead horse, not that I don't value your input. I think I heard all I needed to hear and that all the haters, the lovers, and the ones who spoke harshly but respectfully (the most loving of all the 3 categories) said everything that needed to be said.

An aftermath thread even popped up and really made me feel like home on here again! (Everyone needs to know how incredibly legit of a human being Dystopia is).



This might interest you too, as a PS:

I think everyone here knows I'm a DXM hound and I just recently found out about all its other non-glutaminergic pharmacology, including that it agonizes at opiod mu, delta, and kappa so I tried that as a potentiator and then on a separate occasion as a replacement for vicodin (even the "junkie"'s scientific mind stays intact) and noticed that it does seem to potentiate the body high of DXM and that DXM potentiates the "wave" euphoria pattern that Vikes produce for me at least.

I did also find that DXM is a potent analgesic on its own although I wonder if psychedelic(-like) things in general just blot out your pain while you're tripping. I read someone using mushrooms to try this at a lower dose and it worked well.

Thanks again for a FASCINATING post. Now I gotta get back to studying! :thumbup:


--------------------
Back, bitches.
st1lln0x: so i'm on weed, temazepam, adderall, dexedrine, dxm, dph, alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, tryptophan, GABA, and kratom
Cavemen_savemen: st1lln0x, do you feel like a robot yet?
st1lln0x: I feel like a fucking Gundam
Click to friend me on Steam for Counter-Strike
:crankey: IS LIFE SKULLFUCKING YOU!? HAVE SOME FREE MORALE! :awesomenod:
Click if you want to feel you alone can do it! Click if you want to feel confident and beastly! Click if you want courage to let go and move on! And click the message if you need someone to talk to -- I'll understand, even if we "hate" each other on here :hug: :sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: [Thumb Story Part 2]: My dad and I got into a screaming match over Lortab [Re: CidneyIndole]
    #18635979 -

CidneyIndole said:
Gorlax said:
You clearly are looking stupid in this situation. You have an infected thumb.. that's it. Lortab is for serious pain like a broken arm/wrist/ankle! You should have taken what they gave you without any comment. Asking for more of a narcotic is a red flag you are abusing them. No way in hell you need more than the recommended dosage unless you already had a previous tolerance and if so that's entirely your fault.






That's not entirely true, on a couple levels. First of all, some people metabolize opiates faster than others. Secondly, peoples' pain threshold can vary drastically. What I can tolerate with grit teeth might send someone else writhing and crying. Back to opiates, size can be a factor in how effective a dose is. That's why they measure stuff like LD50 as mg/kg  (milligram of drug per kilogram of body weight.)  I suspect that was possibly a big part of the reason when I got my wisdom teeth removed as a teenager, I got quite a lot of percs, as opposed to some of the people in this thread who got a handful of hydros for the same operation. I was a solid couple hundred pounds at that age. Another factor, more along the lines of what you suggested-- if OP had recently been abusing opiates recreationally soon before this incident, not only might he have a higher tolerance for opiates in general, but his baseline pain threshold might be lowered.



It's totally up to the doctor what he wants to prescribe you. The fact that some people get oxycodone and some get hydrocodone is the doctors discretion. They don't do measurements of weight or anything to determine which to give you. Sure they may think that over in their head if you were a 80lb female. It's not like you go to the dentist sit get weighed and your tolerance to opiates measured before you get a prescription. They simply observe the pain and make a recommendation for the prescription.

- As far as pain yes their is a measurement of pain that doctors have to follow. In these situations the best measurement is simply to ask the pain scale 1-10. Sure some people are more able to handle pain but that doesn't mean people who can't handle it are going to get OC80's? It's standardized for a reason. It's actually been documented that people of northern or western European ancestry can handle the most pain when studied in a global study. They used hot sauce I believe to measure this.

- opiate potentate is based off of enhancing the enzymes ability to process the drug. Pure grapefruit juice works fucking amazing and so does benadryl. The best however is promethazine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Liz 12,702 119 07/21/06 02:42 PM
by adrug
* bones you have broken part 2 metalchimp 1,023 5 02/19/03 11:36 AM
by Anonymous
* cute jehovah's witness chick at the bus station #2
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
wrestler_az 15,944 97 02/14/04 09:01 PM
by ask
* Toolfans: laugh or scream?
( 1 2 all )
Grav 3,791 28 02/25/03 09:40 AM
by TheBear
* Tripping with my dad tomorrow.
( 1 2 all )
crippledavenger 2,789 23 03/30/04 09:27 AM
by shriek
* I turned my dad on to smart drugs today! Morphrying 1,811 11 04/27/03 08:53 PM
by Morphrying
* Cheerin up the ol' dad ? Crass 894 5 03/10/03 09:54 AM
by Ripple
* Living with your bitch mom and asshole step-dad recalcitrant 4,383 14 12/21/02 05:38 PM
by joe666

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
7,785 topic views. 10 members, 13 guests and 165 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.