Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
Re: People people people... [Re: wrestler_az]
    #4472237 -

Sounds like doser :rolleyes:.


--------------------


Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
         
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: People people people... [Re: iwillbebanned]
    #4472246 -

You know as well as I do why 'your friend' shot himself. Don't think drugs had anything to do with that, he couldn't deal with the fact that his girlfriend left him, and you know that. Not to mention the fact that he's an alcoholic. Also, there's a big difference between eating a few grams of mushrooms every couple of months and freebasing crack in your kitchen. Now get bent, thx.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: People people people... [Re: adrug]
    #4473962 -

Interesting troll, but your observations are more telling of your own personal situation than any kind of general situation.

People from all walks of life, from depressed individuals in the midst of their own personal downward spirals to soccer moms to college educated computer programmers to business executives, use drugs. Most computer programmers don't have to worry about unwanted pregnancies, because we're lucky to be getting laid at all. And, believe it or not, some people only use drugs on special occasions and don't make a daily thing of it. Just a couple of observations from my perspective.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: People people people... [Re: nookjohn]
    #4474477 -

Was that directed towards me? Or the troll.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: People people people... [Re: adrug]
    #4474486 -

the troll im sure adrug....

:heart:


--------------------
how's your WOW?





  Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: People people people... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4474555 -

Prisoner#1 said:
iwillbebanned said:
Many of you don't want to admit this, but drugs are a dark underworld. Not the light at the end of the tunnel. The lifestyle will eat you alive.




drugs are only drugs, the only power they have is that which you give them,
drugs dont answer questions or lead to enlightenment and as you've suggested
they can lead to a darker place but thats only if you allow them that

Quote:
I am sorry to say this. but people on the internet aren't going to save lives.



you might be suprised at the number of people that are saved because of some
of the people here, we are only here to help people make more informed decisions
not to make choices for them.



I've helped a few ppl in IRC I think, mostly younger ones that are 18-19 years old that are going through the "i hate life" disillusionment that comes after high school. Life gets better. In the words of bill murray's character in "lost in translation"... Life doesn't get any easier as you get older. But the older you are, the more you know what you want. The more you know what you want, the less you let things upset you.

Just being there to reassure the youngins (sorry to sound pretentious) that are going through things that you go through does help sometime... even if on IRC. Again, it's not our job at the #shroomery to be counselors. We all have our own fucked up problems, but from the ppl I've met... the shroomery is full of compassionate ppl that realize there are other ppl on the end of that keyboard

The members of the community can and HAVE helped other in times of desperation... although you shouldn't count on IRC. I hate to say it, but in the end, the strength to go on comes only frmo inside you... and your ability to listen to others and be patience. THIS... cannot be taught on IRC.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: People people people... [Re: iwillbebanned]
    #4475493 -

You have a good point.


--------------------

Sometimes we let the preoccupations of this cruel world get the best of us and we lose track of the things that really matter.

If you don't risk anything, you risk even more.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: People people people... [Re: InsatiableThirst]
    #4476837 -

Sorry, adrug, my post was not intended to offend you. I was going for irony, but my wording was a bit sloppy.

My point being that people use drugs for different reasons, under different circumstances, and that an individual's own personality and experiences will color his view on them. I don't think ridiculous binges and suicide are necessarily the end point of drug use. That's just a tiny minority of situations, though I'm not denying that a certain percentage of people who use and don't use drugs view them as a path to self destruction and, even worse, suicide.

Everyone who is contemplating suicide and thinks that his/her life is meaningless is invited to be my designated garden assistant. I never have enough time to water and propagate my plants. Just think of all the fun you could have, and better still, my eternal gratitude.

Edited by nookjohn (07/31/05 10:32 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: People people people... [Re: iwillbebanned]
    #4477834 -

This place and this culture will do nothing but bring you down.
______________________________________________________

On your first post you know this. :frown: I have used psychedelics a great part of my life and I'm over a half century old. :grin: My life is nothing like you describe. In fact it was hellish before I had psychedelics as a guide on my spiritual path.  My life is good. I am happy and in love. I love many people here and I believe they love me. I am a contributing member of my town and am well respected. Go figure. :heart:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: People people people... [Re: iwillbebanned]
    #4480587 -

attn: iwillbebanned


thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: People people people... [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4481681 -

I did not know LorTab but i found his last post to be unsettling after what happened to him....

Said like a true addict . I'm not making light of your situation by any means. I've been there before, and it is definately no fun. When I used to be taking Oxycodone/Hydrocodone everyday, I couldn't imagine life without them. Even while in rehab, I had the most horrible cravings, and thought life was just boring without them.

You will always crave it no matter what. I hate to say it, but it's always gonna be a monkey on your back. You just have to learn to control your cravings, and stay away from the drug at all costs. I haven't had any oxy in over a year, but I still think about it everyday. I may crave for it, but I have a much better life now that I'm free from that burden.

Here's a problem that many have. The only way I was able to quit oxy was to cut off all connections with anyone involved in it. Yes, that means even your friends. I know that sounds bad, but the only way you're ever gonna quit, is if cut off all connections.

Oxycodone had a grip on me for the longest time, but I'm finally free from it. And I will tell you one thing. Life isn't always fun, but I'd much rather be depressed and clean, then depressed and withdrawaling from opiates. Life is much better indeed

Best of luck to you man.

Peace
LorTab
High till I die

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05 [Re: Dety]
    #4483105 -

Suicide sucks. Lest anyone else be thinking of doing it consider that any sort of life is better. Even one on the streets, or one in a commune. Or even one in a prison. Even one married to someone you hate, or a life of poverty, or being a hooker. Whatever. Just because it seems bad, life is still a gift. One can always find something to look forward to, even if it's just a hit of smack. You've got to find something.

Don't make a homicide, and don't take your own life. If you commit suicide you reincarnate and have to go through the entire series of lessons again, and next time there will be the continued inertia of your previous actions making it even harder to break free. So be scared to take your life. Make sure you take time out to appreciate the moment, regardless of circumstances. And if you're going to commit suicide then just don't. Instead just give your life to charity. Be a monk or a nun. Just serve others. If your life doesn't mean shit to you then give it to others.

I guarentee that if you make it past thirty you will have something to show for it, some deep connections, some reason at that point to want to live. Just hang in there.

Some people kill themselves because they can't face a too great sin like the exec at Enron.  That's just being a coward. And then ceasing.  What's the point of just going snuff?  It's better to be alive regardless of the circumstances. Even if you're a sick Jeffrey Dahmer type you can look forward to the chair and flicking off your persecutors. There really is no excuse or rationale that supports suicide. 

If you have the energy to lift a gun and pull the trigger then lift your finger and dial some help. There's people out there who will benefit through helping you. In fact, be charatable and give them a chance to feel good about themselves and let them in to help. What have you got to lose?

Don't kill yourself. It's bad. It's wrong. It's not a final solution because your mind stream still goes on. It hurts everyone who invested in your life. Even those who seemed like they hated you gave you something - they gave you their energy in the only way they were able. 

And if you're thinking of suicide for revenge on others - don't! If they didn't understand you and support you in the first place then they wont understand your suicide or feel guilty afterwards.

Don't kill others.  Don't commit suicide.  Just don't. Life is a mirror and you judge yourself. Noone else knows you as well as you. You judge yourself. As long as you have life left you have the chance to score some kudos.

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:


--------------------
...or something






Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05 [Re: eve69]
    #4483366 -

Dude, that's a pretty close minded thing to say. Maybe you just don't know what it feels like to have a barrel in your mouth. You think that if a person felt so bad about their life that they would concider ending, they would become a nun instead? Don't be ridiculous. I think it's pretty selfish to say suicide is selfish because it hurts the people around them.


--------------------
I don't think
I just drink

Cowgold said:
Blacks don't eat mushrooms. You can't be black. It's impossible.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05 [Re: eve69]
    #4483673 -

Quote:
Suicide sucks. Lest anyone else be thinking of doing it consider that any sort of life is better. Even one on the streets, or one in a commune. Or even one in a prison. Even one married to someone you hate, or a life of poverty, or being a hooker. Whatever. Just because it seems bad, life is still a gift. One can always find something to look forward to, even if it's just a hit of smack. You've got to find something.
Quote:
^^^ this is not your life, this is the world around you.
some people are too real to be so shallow as to see life worth living, on that day they simply can no longer stand their own company.

Quote:
Don't make a homicide, and don't take your own life. If you commit suicide you reincarnate and have to go through the entire series of lessons again, and next time there will be the continued inertia of your previous actions making it even harder to break free. So be scared to take your life. Make sure you take time out to appreciate the moment, regardless of circumstances. And if you're going to commit suicide then just don't. Instead just give your life to charity. Be a monk or a nun. Just serve others. If your life doesn't mean shit to you then give it to others.



^^^^ your personal beleifs aside, absolutism is a useless tool for conveying them.

Quote:
Some people kill themselves because they can't face a too great sin like the exec at Enron. That's just being a coward. And then ceasing. What's the point of just going snuff? It's better to be alive regardless of the circumstances. Even if you're a sick Jeffrey Dahmer type you can look forward to the chair and flicking off your persecutors. There really is no excuse or rationale that supports suicide.



jeffrey dahmer doesnt think like others, he doesn't have emotional responses to elements of danger or suffering.
he would be neither content nor disappointed to die.
a sociopath is a poor example for living.
they exist in a bubble of experience. they arent really here with us. were all just elements in their private garden.
they are incapable of feeling guilt or remorse,
therefore they are also a poor example of suicide.


the rest you say i like.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05 [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4487927 -

Without a doubt, the coolest motherfucker on IRC


we were right mangsta


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05 [Re: rommstein2001]
    #4487998 -

I hate to say it but I mostly agree with "iwillbebanned"

I don't know ANYONE or any of their friends who's lives are a.) getting any better, or for the most part b.) going well. It's just about 100% their life is in limbo and they are failing to grow on all accounts (me included, dont worry), or their lives have become shittier. I pretty much straight up agree with him. This is NOT a glorious endeavor, which I used to believe it was.


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05 [Re: freddurgan]
    #4489043 -

i hate returning to this place sometime...

we had a few conversations... definately not a lot.. but, regardless, it's a sad day.

:frown:

yos-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: People people people... [Re: iwillbebanned]
    #4490782 -

iwillbebanned said:
That said, I don't know how this is shocking to anyone. Many of you don't want to admit this, but drugs are a dark underworld. Not the light at the end of the tunnel.




Almost no point in replying to this, but this is more for the people who post regularly at the Shroomery than a troll....

The analogy of darkness to shedding light is a common theme throughout human history to express the fears of the unknown (darkness) and the safety of being able to see in the light (enlightenment, so forth). When people enter "that dark place" through drugs, it is usually out of being unaware of how to remain psychologically healthy. The darkness is because a person no longer knows how to control his or her self.

Sometimes drugs open people up to experiences they are not ready for, or are able to integrate in such a way that they can "shed light" on it. It is a very sad thing when this happens, but denouncing the drugs as being the source of that "dark" state only makes people fear trying to understand the substances they are taking. By stating that this is a dark underworld from which no good can come, completely undermines a more logical approach of informing yourself to make a psychologically and physically healthy decision.

When I first read the Shroomery boards, I was psychologically and physically dependant on opiods. I couldn't understand what people were talking about when they mentioned restraint. I couldn't understand why people only used drugs once a week, month, or year. After learning enough from the Shroomery & Erowid, I "shed light" into my drug use and understood what it was doing to me rather than for me. I currently use drugs in a manner which does not hinder my ability to function, and I maintain an understanding of myself through introspective use.

I certainly would not recommend the lifestyle I was once living, but because of the information I have learned from the Shroomery, I can help others to make informed choices on their own lifestyle. So much for not being able to help across the internet. I think such a statement shows a rather pessimistic world view. Strange that people who are using drugs on this message board are able to maintain a more positive outlook, and a realistic one, not a blissed-out delusion (although there will always be such a thing, in the drug culture and non-drug culture).

In other words, more goes into the mentality of how drugs are used than the drugs by themselves. I hope people on here who are finding the drug lifestyle to hard to live are able to find a solution which works for them. It?s easy to get lost in it, but with the help of the community, it?s also possible to achieve things you never knew possible.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05 [Re: Liz]
    #4512015 -

That's so sad  :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: RIP Lortab 2/14/85 - 7/21/05 [Re: Liz]
    #5884732 -

Well whoretab, its been one year now. :heart: :sad:

We miss you, man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* 11/21/05, I'll be spending an evening with Phil Lesh C20H25N3O 352 0 10/17/05 11:12 PM
by C20H25N3O
* LorTab sui 1,789 13 05/09/07 04:55 PM
by CUBErt
* $2 PayPal (Verified) for $1 E-Gold Xenophobic 792 2 11/16/06 06:52 PM
by Brainiac
* Estimated 150,000+ people dead, 5,000,000 homeless
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Sinbad 27,354 144 01/05/05 10:27 PM
by usefulidiot
* Star Trek's Mr. Scott dies at 85 RoadkillM 921 13 07/20/05 11:02 PM
by TYL3R
* It's 05-05-05 today... do you know what that means?
( 1 2 all )
Adamist 2,986 33 05/06/05 02:48 AM
by Roadkill
* KC's Pick of the Week 12/18/05 *mp3 download* kosmic_charlie 898 5 12/20/05 01:02 AM
by notapillow
* I got ripped off by a web site (BIG TIME)!
( 1 2 3 all )
KrazieH8er 3,756 48 06/09/05 11:56 AM
by PaulAtreides

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
12,726 topic views. 4 members, 19 guests and 107 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.