Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Red Vein Borneo Kratom, Premium Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineboOM
Female User Gallery

Re: Estimated 135,000+ people dead, 5,000,000 homeless [Re: California]
    #3568631 - 01/01/05 07:15 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

what the hell? are you implying that it's these people's fault that a lot are dead because they lived by the coast or beach? before we had the technology to even KNOW about or NAME the ring of fire there were people living near the coast /beach. what else do most people have? i mean c'mon a lot of the people dead relied on the sea for food and money (fishing). generations upon generations have done this...and it's their fault cause they lived near the coast/beach?

there have been media reports of people respecting the fact that they can't move back to where they used to live because of the extent of devastation to the area. a lot of survivors like banda aceh or sri lanka have been SCARED to go back to where they used to live...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineacidblue
when soundbecomes colour
 User Gallery
Re: Estimated 135,000+ people dead, 5,000,000 homeless [Re: boO]
    #3570197 - 01/02/05 07:37 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Hey, if you for *whatever* reason cant bring yourself to help the humans who are devasted by this terrible disaster, maybe you can instead help the animals.

"Food, water and shelter for homeless and displaced animals are badly needed in the hardest-hit areas of Sri Lanka, Thailand, India, and Indonesia in the wake of the deadly tsunami. Make a donation to HSI, the international arm of The Humane Society of the United States, to support efforts to deliver relief to animal victims and their caretakers."

https://secure.hsus.org/01/disaster_fund_asian_tsunami?source=gabab1

http://www.fund.org/Home/

MEOW!

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Estimated 135,000+ people dead, 5,000,000 homeless [Re: acidblue]
    #3570692 - 01/02/05 12:51 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I put down that I was contributing $5- $10 dollars. I never donate money to anything, rather I always give caned food and hygine products to the local church groups... I do not trust charitable organizations, because under law they are only obligated to give 1/3 of what they collect to charity.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

InvisibleCalifornia
A E S T H E T I C S A T A N
 User Gallery

Loc: H A U N T E D H O U S E Flag
Re: Estimated 135,000+ people dead, 5,000,000 homeless [Re: boO]
    #3570817 - 01/02/05 01:54 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I am not implying anything, I am flat out stating that it was/ is their choice (not fault) where they reside on the Islands. An example of what I'm driving at is- people in Florida are yearly bombarded by hurricanes and tropical storms which always cause death and destruction, yet they always seem surprised that a hurricane is there at all, and often plan on staying around for next years storm season.
Why not live in Hawaii? IT IS A F*#king VOLCANO!!
Why not move to Florida? YEARLY MASS DESTRUCTIVE HURRICANES!!
Why not live directly on the beach of an island on the edge of the active Pacific rim??? EARTHQUAKES AND TSUNAMIS!!!
Hopefully the survivors will take this lesson from Nature to heart.
I am not trying to appear ignorant of the horrible loss of life, those who perished are pretty much just a number in the media now.
My thoughts are for those who died, but my money won't help them now will it?

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#3570874 - 01/02/05 02:13 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Your money will help raise the parent-less children.

People in other countries do not have the same opportunities that we do as far as relocating and such. For many, they knew nothing of the world outside.

As far as people in Florida, yeah fuck them... not for the same reason though... they move down there because it is warm and want to retire and what not. They have a choice. Hurricanes and such are known to happen all the time. When was the last time you remember hearing about a 9.1 on the Richter Scale? Isn't a 10 total destruction of the planet?

What really gets me is the video clips of the ocean receding an half mile, and all of these people chased it down. Shit, they knew they couldn't swim, so what were they thinking?If I ever saw the ocean go back like that, chasing it would be the last thing that I do. There is obviously a problem if the water goes back that far... On another note, I didn't see any crazies trying to surf the waves. Usually here in the US during the hurricane season you will see clips on CNN of people surfing during the onset of a hurricane.

--------------------

afoaf said:

Edited by GratefulJim (01/02/05 02:19 PM)

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
    #3570878 - 01/02/05 02:16 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Yearly hurricanes and tornadoes are ONE thing. It's not as if the Tsunamis come EVERY year. Not like this.

Really, if you think about it, FIVE MILLION HOMELESS... That's like *HALF* of the *COUNTY* of Los Angeles going homeless, all at once. This isn't a hurricane. This is a FUCKING TSUNAMI.

Good night... Keep up the good work good shroomerites.

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Estimated 135,000+ people dead, 5,000,000 homeless [Re: Jim]
    #3570885 - 01/02/05 02:18 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

What really gets me is the video clips of the ocean receding an half mile, and all of these people chased it down. Shit, they knew they couldn't swim, so what were they thinking?If I ever saw the ocean go back like that, chasing it would be the last thing that I do.

The second I saw the ocean recede like that, I would have run faster than a cheetah. That is a classic sign of a tsunami. But, I happen to watch a lot of the National Geographic channel and the Discovery channel, so I knew that. It's probable that some of those tourists and locals were absolutely unaware of the danger.

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Estimated 135,000+ people dead, 5,000,000 homeless [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #3570896 - 01/02/05 02:20 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

That is true that they probably never learned anything about how the ocean is is that way Randal. It irks me though... you would have to know that something is up, that is a lot of freaking water.

--------------------

afoaf said:

Offlineshanti
dude
 User Gallery

#3570928 - 01/02/05 02:34 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

from a good friend...

""As a Hado (vibration) researcher, I am truly worried about this disaster. As well as the hygiene issue, I feel that the "vibrational fields" of the countries have extremely deteriorated. The "field" is created by feelings of fear, grief, worry, lack of trust, anger, loneliness, and helplessness, and could energize the malevolent
microorganisms that prefer this kind of environment.

People cannot help but have these feelings, and they probably carry the feelings with them. Many people feel this way, and there seems to be some plundering going on, but their feeling of anger and hostility can only multiply the negativity of the "field". Also, we must take into account the emergence of a new epidemic.

We have to limit the negative "field" in any way possible. I believe that there is already a spreading Hado (vibration) of fear due to the terrorist attack and bombing, and it is like a gasoline station with an oil leak that is about to explode.

What can we do? The only way is for people from all over the world to pray for the recovery of the affected area. The prayer will definitely carry far with the purity of its Hado. Therefore, from today, let's close our eyes for a few second before our meal and send words of prayer to the countries. Let's send a prayer for them before we go to sleep. Also, when we pray during the end of year and
the new year ceremony, let us send a prayer first and foremost for world peace.

Through the research of the water crystal over the last ten years, I have proven that people's pure energy of consciousness can change the water in areas that people have prayed for, regardless of the distance. Also, the most effective Hado prayer is the feeling of Love
and Thanks. Now is the time to send everyone's feeling of Love and Thanks to the earth's water.

Please forward this message to everyone you know.

Masaru Emoto""

Edited by shanti (01/02/05 02:36 PM)

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Estimated 135,000+ people dead, 5,000,000 homeless [Re: shanti]
    #3570946 - 01/02/05 02:41 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

think only good thoughts and only good will happen.

Thank you Shanti! :smile:

--------------------

afoaf said:

InvisibleCalifornia
A E S T H E T I C S A T A N
 User Gallery

Loc: H A U N T E D H O U S E Flag
Re: Estimated 135,000+ people dead, 5,000,000 homeless [Re: delta9]
    #3571293 - 01/02/05 04:31 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Natural disasters are natural disasters, and dead people are dead people, no matter if its a hurricane or tsunami, and no matter how many die one or one million.

OnlineAsanteA
low dose - high adventure
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands Flag
Re: Estimated 140,000+ people dead, 5,000,000 homeless [Re: California]
    #3571474 - 01/02/05 05:23 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Here's a private mail I got form a non-Shroomerite :frown:

-snip-
In october, I was in Sri Lanka with my boyfriend. We stayed at the west-coast and met the nicest people you can only imagine. They were just making the step from a former colony to an independend industrial  country. And now, all of this is literally swept away. To only think of all the people we met who are now probably dead. Every time, I see the news, I almost cry. See, I'm doing it again. It is one of the most wonderful places in world full of smiling, friendly people. They are so proud of moslems, hinduists, buddhists and christians living together. Now they help each other carrying away corpses.
The train, that was washed away by the flood was the one, we always took. There people get up to let you sit. Others are going from waggon to waggon to sell something to eat. Families take it to celebrate the da! y of the full moon (the poya day) with all of their relatives. And at times, it is cramped with kids going back home from school. Sri Lanka does a lot for their children, having an alphabetism-rate of 92%.
We promised a boy in the mask-museum to send him pictures we took if him. Now, we wonder, if he will get them. Or if it will be a nice reminder for his relatives.
-snip-

Small world, friends.. And it just got smaller by 140.000 people :frown:

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :gold:  :silver:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI

personal Ethereum gifts w/o strings attached are very welcome at:
0x9e107aC7656A4b2Fc295Ef5157f06B8E313D7aFa    Ethereum?

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Estimated 140,000+ people dead, 5,000,000 homeless [Re: Asante]
    #3571481 - 01/02/05 05:25 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

alphabetism? is that like literacy rate?

--------------------

afoaf said:

Invisibledr_gonz
Re: Estimated 135,000+ people dead, 5,000,000 homeless [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #3571752 - 01/02/05 06:09 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:

What really gets me is the video clips of the ocean receding an half mile, and all of these people chased it down. Shit, they knew they couldn't swim, so what were they thinking?If I ever saw the ocean go back like that, chasing it would be the last thing that I do.

The second I saw the ocean recede like that, I would have run faster than a cheetah. That is a classic sign of a tsunami. But, I happen to watch a lot of the National Geographic channel and the Discovery channel, so I knew that. It's probable that some of those tourists and locals were absolutely unaware of the danger.

Which clip was this in?

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Estimated 135,000+ people dead, 5,000,000 homeless [Re: dr_gonz]
    #3571764 - 01/02/05 06:11 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

It was played all over MSNBC and CNN....

--------------------

afoaf said:

Invisibledr_gonz
    #3571776 - 01/02/05 06:13 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Damn, I'm looking up pics now. I cancelled my cable a while back, so I don't get any of those news channels :frown:

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Estimated 135,000+ people dead, 5,000,000 homeless [Re: dr_gonz]
    #3571781 - 01/02/05 06:13 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Ill see if I can find a link of it online....

--------------------

afoaf said:

InvisibleRobotic_touch
Female
    #3571868 - 01/02/05 06:33 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Anyone know a legit place I can donate money through paypal?

--------------------

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Estimated 135,000+ people dead, 5,000,000 homeless [Re: Robotic_touch]
    #3572209 - 01/02/05 07:35 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

The best place to make a donation is : http://redcross.org/donate/donate.html

They only take credit card online though. You can mail them cash, or donate at your local redcross.

--------------------

afoaf said:

Offlineacidblue
when soundbecomes colour
 User Gallery
    #3572952 - 01/02/05 10:10 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

"We at PayPal wish to express our profound sorrow over the suffering and loss of life resulting from the earthquakes and tsunami in South Asia and Africa. You can help those affected by this disaster by donating directly to UNICEF's Tsunami Disaster Relief effort using your PayPal account."

"PayPal will waive all fees in relation to the donation, so that UNICEF will receive 100% of the amount you donate."

http://donations.paypal.com/

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Red Vein Borneo Kratom, Premium Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Scales

Community >> The Pub