Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Does weed actually cause schizophrenia?
    #10223069 -

There seems to be so many conflicting reports about it that I don't know whether it does or not. Since I mostly hear that it causes schizophrenia from the "SKUNK IS TURNING OUR CHILDREN INTO MURDERERS, GET BEHIND THE SOFA!!!!" UK media, I doubt it is. But I still want to know for sure before I smoke some.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does weed actually cause schizophrenia? [Re: inkblot]
    #10223072 -

I don't think it directly causes mental illness. As to whether or not it can bring about latent mental illness in those already prone to getting it, ya I think it's possible.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does weed actually cause schizophrenia? [Re: inkblot]
    #10223076 -

No it doesn't.

People with mental disorders tend to use weed to help them cope.

You won't go mad from smoking some weed. :burnone:


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does weed actually cause schizophrenia? [Re: Knifey Mcstab] * 1
    #10223081 -

I heard a story this guy smoked a joint and for the rest of his life he was a glass of orange juice paranoid about being tipped over


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does weed actually cause schizophrenia? *DELETED* [Re: inkblot]
    #10223085 -

Post deleted by AnonymousRabbit


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does weed actually cause schizophrenia? [Re: AnonymousRabbit]
    #10223096 -

unless you are already a schizo then it most likely (99%) won't change anything. i can understand schizos that don't really know who smoke or do some kind of pychadelic and then are forced to realize it


--------------------

3 At start, no has lyte. An Ceiling Cat sayz, i can haz lite? An lite wuz.4 An Ceiling Cat sawed teh lite, to seez stuffs, An splitted teh lite from dark but taht wuz ok cuz kittehs can see in teh dark An not tripz over nethin.
   

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does weed actually cause schizophrenia? [Re: inkblot]
    #10223104 -

No it doesn't. Schizophrenia is a genetic condition. At worst, pot and psychedelics can bring latent schizophrenia "to the surface."

I could never recommend pot or psychedelics to someone who has a family history of schizophrenia. It could be enough to push that person into full blown schizophrenia if they have the genes for it.

Happens with a lot of things. For example, I got a really rare yet severe stomach virus when I was younger. That infection brought out my shitty genetics and I started displaying symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.

Sometime a spark is all it takes :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does weed actually cause schizophrenia? [Re: inkblot]
    #10223113 -

no
yes
who said that?


--------------------
FOR GOD'S SAKE MAN! TELL ME ABOUT THE FUCKING GOLF SHOES!!!


LIVIN THE LIFE!!!


"WE KNOCK NIGGAS OUT AND MAKE EM BOUNCE LIKE RICKY HATTON"- IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does weed actually cause schizophrenia? [Re: niteowl]
    #10223128 -

niteowl said:
No it doesn't.

People with mental disorders tend to use weed to help them cope.

You won't go mad from smoking some weed. :burnone:



I smoked weed and my grandmother died. You tell me there was no direct correlation! Weed kills. :crankey:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does weed actually cause schizophrenia? [Re: Knifey Mcstab]
    #10223143 -

you know sometimes totally sane sober people go off the deep end. mental illness are subjective. no point in discussing why they come about. it obvious.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does weed actually cause schizophrenia? [Re: teck345]
    #10223160 -

mental illness is a complex thing. no stopping it. you can only cope with it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does weed actually cause schizophrenia? [Re: inkblot]
    #10223184 -

Funny, just did a research paper on legalization and one of the studies I used was based on schizophrenia. Out of 1,000 some residents of the Netherlands, 49 found mental symptoms of schizo from marijuana.

But the study couldn't conclude if people with mental disorders were more likely to consume marijuana or if the marijuana was the cause of the disorder.

My personal experience? My grandma on my mother's side is German. Last time I saw her (About 10 years ago), she was ranting and raving about Reagan kicking her out of America and forcing her to stay within German boundaries lol. Truth be told, she never left the continent of Europe, and had a fear of flying on planes (Which somehow originally triggered the story)... :shrug:  :awesome:

My Grandma on my father's side takes "nerve" medication. Basically I heard horror stories from my mom when I was first born how my dad's mom wasn't taking her meds and flipping shit, and I heard some older stories when her husband was still alive, going ape shit.

My dad said some weird shit in his time too, not too sure about him..:lol:

Point of the story? I blaze every day, and have been for the past three or four years. I don't believe I'm going crazy (yet).  :braindamage:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does weed actually cause schizophrenia? [Re: teck345]
    #10223199 -

meh most people like weed im sure youd have to do something a bit stronger but if you have it already weed will give it an upgrade of sorts along with any othher psychadelic k?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does weed actually cause schizophrenia? [Re: inkblot]
    #10223202 -

No, it doesn't cause schizophrenia.


It just wakes up everyone who was asleep in your head.


--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does weed actually cause schizophrenia? [Re: igwna]
    #10223337 -

maybe the world is just a bucnh of insane people waiting to die. :eek:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does weed actually cause schizophrenia? [Re: inkblot]
    #18324514 -

No, but it can bring out latent mental illness as can stress and pretty much anything

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does weed actually cause schizophrenia? [Re: Gumby]
    #18324536 -

Gumby said:
No it doesn't. Schizophrenia is a genetic condition. At worst, pot and psychedelics can bring latent schizophrenia "to the surface."

I could never recommend pot or psychedelics to someone who has a family history of schizophrenia. It could be enough to push that person into full blown schizophrenia if they have the genes for it.

Happens with a lot of things. For example, I got a really rare yet severe stomach virus when I was younger. That infection brought out my shitty genetics and I started displaying symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.

Sometime a spark is all it takes :shrug:




This.



Drugs can certainly cause psychosis, but weed is incredibly unlikely to do that, as far as I know at least :awehigh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does weed actually cause schizophrenia? [Re: pirate-blues]
    #18324542 -

Psh, whatever, we all know if you take one hit you are gonna be fucked for life.

ONE HIT CAN KILL

-RR

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does weed actually cause schizophrenia? [Re: Shaman1]
    #18324562 -

Way to bump a 4 year old thread... I haven't heard this rumor for a while. It was everywhere, even a year or 2 years ago.. I'm guessing it's been proved that it doesn't? Or just hasn't been proved that it does..


--------------------
The happiness consists in realizing that it is all a great strange dream.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Does weed actually cause schizophrenia? [Re: inkblot]
    #18324575 -

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Troll has been banned. Closing this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Whats so great about weed????
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
I2ancid 19,665 164 11/06/13 10:45 AM
by Almond Flour
* Does anyone have schizophrenia?
( 1 2 all )
Captain Loafy McPoopdick 2,921 26 08/26/05 09:41 AM
by fredyjenkins
* Who smokes weed everyday?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
MOTH 16,461 88 05/11/11 07:01 PM
by Anthony917
* Weed brownies PiperAtThyGates 1,203 4 01/22/06 11:20 AM
by PinballWizard
* quit smoking weed yesterday
( 1 2 3 all )
PreparationH 11,135 54 12/23/09 04:07 PM
by PreparationH
* Does anyone else not like weed?
( 1 2 3 all )
danamine 4,645 45 08/01/05 01:15 AM
by onetwo4
* is weed still fun if smoked daily?
( 1 2 3 all )
iamreadynow 8,585 46 09/16/04 07:03 PM
by MittsWaQ
* Weed Moocher....Grrrrr
( 1 2 3 all )
Drain_Bamage 5,983 45 04/28/06 05:00 PM
by theuser

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,461 topic views. 2 members, 7 guests and 74 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 16 queries.