Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Who smokes weed everyday?
    #2979048 - 08/08/04 08:27 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Now that I have gotten used to smoking weed, I have the temptation to smoke a little everyday. I usually try to only smoke once a week, but there is that tiny voice that says, "Come on, don't you want to just chill out with some weed?" or something like that.

I haven't smoked weed everyday yet, but I am wondering who here does smoke everyday, and what does the effect of smoking everyday have on your life?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecherokee
Bruce Springsteen
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
Re: Who smokes weed everyday? [Re: MOTH]
    #2979053 - 08/08/04 08:32 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I smoke everyday and I love it :smile:  So far I've only noticed positive effects.  There's no better way to wind down after a day than with a bowl.  I also tend to be a lot more productive when I'm stoned.  If I'm sober I'll sit around like a lazy bastard, but when I'm stoned I get motivated to do things that will improve my life.

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #2979056 - 08/08/04 08:35 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I've slowly degenerated into a daily user.
I'm interested by most of your posts cause you're a good writer and you're not afraid to talk about details of your personal life. I want to tell you that I marvelled at how you and your husband only smoked once every few weeks. I envied you because I know what a more magical experience it is when you keep it in infrequent moderation.

Don't give in to these cravings you are developing. Keep it in moderation or what will happen is this:
sessions will become less and less special
you will crave it more and more
you will waste more and more of your life
your lungs will get weaker

I now have a long hard hill to climb up to get away from addiction to sobriety before I can ever go back to enjoying marijuana without guilt. I can't stress this enough........keep it in moderation, I would say no more than once a week is ideal.

Re: Who smokes weed everyday? [Re: cherokee]
    #2979062 - 08/08/04 08:40 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Smoker For Peace said:
I smoke everyday and I love it :smile:  So far I've only noticed positive effects.  There's no better way to wind down after a day than with a bowl.  I also tend to be a lot more productive when I'm stoned.  If I'm sober I'll sit around like a lazy bastard, but when I'm stoned I get motivated to do things that will improve my life.

LOL, just about the mirror opposite of what I said.  I guess it's just another  example of how differently people react to the same thing.  Smoker I'm just interested how long have you been a daily user?  I was a daily user for about a year before it began to ruin my life.

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #2979063 - 08/08/04 08:40 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

A bowl a day never got me down but all day every day sure had some negative effects, I've been smoking steadily for 4 years now. I'd say overall it probably isn't good, sure daily smokers will tell you their fine but someone who has stopped taken a step back and taken a nice break I can tell you my mind is clearer and sharper just after one week and improves daily. I can tell a large difference as of right now, I'd recommend not letting yourself fall into the habit of daily smoking.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Who smokes weed everyday? [Re: question_for_joo]
    #2979076 - 08/08/04 08:47 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I have been smoking since I was a teenager. I have basically smoked myself into disliking it half the time.

I still smoke though.

If you smoke every day, you will fiend it when you don't get it and you will probably have a bad temper. Whole days can be wasted looking for it.

It kills motivation, makes you edgy and at the most, paranoid. Your memories over the period of time you have smoked kind of fades (I also drank everyday for a while, while smoking).

If you smoke every day, you can get caught up in it so, I would reccomend not getting to the point where you fiend.

Listen to Question for Joo.

Offlinecherokee
Bruce Springsteen
Male User Gallery

#2979077 - 08/08/04 08:47 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

question_for_joo said:

sessions will become less and less special
you will crave it more and more
you will waste more and more of your life
your lungs will get weaker

sessions become less special:  They haven't for me.  I still get giddy like a school girl when someone walks into the room with a nice bong :smile:   

you will crave it more and more: if you have an addictice personality.  I smoke everyday and I have absolutely no problems going without weed. 

you will waste more and more of your life:  Whos fault is that?  I live a very productive life.  Tell me how a few bowls after work is considered wasting my life? 

your lungs will get weaker:  ever heard of excercise?  I still run a 7 minute mile and I go on 30 mile backpacking trips.  My lungs are just fine.

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
    #2979078 - 08/08/04 08:47 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Exactly I've taken short breaks here and there but this is my first real attempt and becoming sober in life so I can really enjoy those magical aspects of cannabis and get my life together. I became an addict who needed his fix or I'd be in a bad mood, feel un comfortable, not being able to think 'normal', not be hungary, ect.. Although it was only pot I was junky like any other drug addict.

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
    #2979081 - 08/08/04 08:49 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Good points..

Offlinecherokee
Bruce Springsteen
Male User Gallery

#2979089 - 08/08/04 08:52 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I've been smoking daily now for around 2-3 years. I don't smoke every single day, but pretty close. Probably 26-28 out of 31 days a month.

#2979099 - 08/08/04 08:58 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I'd been a daily user with a very productive life for 2 years before it really took control of me. Maybe you will never reach that point. Yay for you. I think for most people it does though. It's especially dangerous for Ellymysh though cause she's talked about a severe addiction to alcohol in some of her posts from a while ago.

InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

#2979105 - 08/08/04 09:01 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

ive been smoking daily for a couple years, a few breaks here and there. i love it, i never get lazy and unmotivated to do things, in fact it motivates me more. i know a lot of people can't get shit done when they smoke as much as i do, but it really helps to mellow me out and makes things more manageable. if i smoke before i start working on a project (whether artistic or studying for school) i get into a zone and my focus is unwavering. seriously, hours will go by without my noticing. the only time i don't like to smoke is when i have to be around a ton of people (like in the supermarket) because im always thinking about random shit and smiling to myself. that must look weird to other people but i guess i shouldn't care.

there are two noticable downsides though: it costs a lot and you build up a tolerance pretty quickly. my ideal cycle would be to smoke every other day, but eh.....

--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
    #2979106 - 08/08/04 09:02 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I was still pretty productive when I smoked everyday, I just didn't sit around and get high or waste much time looking for pot, I still accomplished plenty and never missed work or anything. I don't know though it clouded my head and I could really feel it all over my body when I didn't have it at some points.

OfflineHarvestTheBrain
CultDeVader

Loc: WNY
    #2979110 - 08/08/04 09:03 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i started smokin the summer before freshmen year.  i smoked about 2-3 times a week for about 2-3 years, then i smoked 7-8 times a day for a couple years, and now i'm at once a day (except when it's a dry couple days, which doesnt bother me none) it's been like that for about 5 years now. i enjoy it much more now.  sure, smokin 7-8 times a day with my buds was fun, but the money factor came in, and the "i'm already stoned, why smoke more" thing happened...a little in excess. much more conservative now....except at parties once in a while :crazy2:
moderation is the word to be used in this situation
too much of anything is bad for you
but a bowl at the end of the day is a beautiful thing! :sun: :stash:

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2979122 - 08/08/04 09:10 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i used to smoke all day everday, as in like a quater a day sometimes.  it'll slow you down up into the point of how well you work  within this system.  if you don't really care about this system, then there's nothing really "wrong" with it.

though I have adopted the idea that everything should be done in moderation.  :laugh:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflineEdge
I like plants

Loc: Machu Pichu
    #2979131 - 08/08/04 09:14 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I've been smoking pot everyday, or like Smoker^^^ said 26-28 days of the week for about 3 years now.

Through analyzing the fuck out of mushrooms and pot I've come to the conclusion that they're both on the same "wavelength" if you will, however pot is a less intense and more clouded version than mushrooms. Thinking (the trip) isn't as clear when you smoke on mushrooms (at least for me, but only when you're tripping really hard, it brings the trip up if you're tripping lightly). Ever notice that little haze that sets in front of scenery after smoking (its more noticeable on shrooms). Its like looking at a tv screen sometimes...static like, and tends to cloud detail in light. I used to think this was something great, something spiritual (ki, chi, energy, etc), but I'm beginning to think that its just my conscious mind being clouded and fuzzy, with thought and perception. I'm also beginning to realize after a pretty intense acid trip this summer that pot brings about mental disorders with ultra-frequent and gluttonous use over long periods of time due to the very fact that it clouds your ability to think clearly and rationally.
Example: Paranoia gets to you in any situation once rational thought goes out the window.

I agree with Adom on many issues as well reguarding its use. It can be mind expanding in its own sense, and in a less intense mannar than psychedelics when used properly. Although its positives are extremely useful, fun, mind expanding, and spiritually enlightening... abuse of its gifts leads to its negative side which include paranoia, anxiety, shczisophrenia, etc.... and i think that its not the drug itself that causes the negatives (everything does indeed have a plus and minus side to it), but its frequent use over a long period of time allows the conscious mind to eventually "forget" way to think clearly and rationally ( it slips into subconsciousness). This isn't to say things are absolutely hopeless when a mental "disorder" arises from pot use, but rather the struggle out of "them" is a journey in itself to reclaim pieces of you you've lost.

In short I'd say this: with everything there is balance... which involves discipline and awareness. Smoke pot, its good for you... however often is your call, but don't indulge beyond indulgence unless you have plans for spiritual and mental breakdown (example: forgetting pieces of your childhood/past). And if you do indulge, don't allow yourself to slip into cloudedness for you'll have issues to work out later if you change your mind about what you want to do with your mind. How to prevent that is beyond me because I sure as hell allowed it.

For the record I still smoke almost everyday, and am working my way out of metnal issues I believe it helped allow me get into.

Do it how you wish, but remain aware, collected, and clear-headed in your mind if it will be long term use.

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

Edited by Edge (08/08/04 09:26 PM)

OfflinegbX
fungiphile

Loc: Christiania, DK
    #2979132 - 08/08/04 09:17 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I do. I belive the last time I had a break that lasted longer than 2 weeks are almost 6 years ago. :smile:

Offlineiluan
Keep your stickon the ice.
Male User Gallery

Loc: lookin at crazy in the re...
    #2979133 - 08/08/04 09:18 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Avid daily smoker here.

--------------------
Remember..if the women don't find ya handsome,they should atleast find ya handy!

I do what i can with what i don't have!

OfflinePuZuZu
Board Bum
 User Gallery

Loc: Idaho (USA)
    #2979215 - 08/08/04 09:53 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I wish I could afford to be a daily smoker. How can you people afford it?

I smoke about once a week.

--------------------
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you would never get on."
Lance Armstrong

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Re: Who smokes weed everyday? [Re: PuZuZu]
    #2979218 - 08/08/04 09:54 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Grow yer own and I can make an 1/8th of dank last me nearly two weeks, I could afford a 25$ a week habit plus I would always catch a breeze from friends here and there, if your a big time stoner you find a way.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub