Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: List the best 5~10 freeware utilities/programs you must have on your computer... [Re: abltsandwich]
    #16725345 -

windows 7 ultimate
waterfox
avg
peerblock
utorrent
ccleaner
comodo system cleaner
vlc
convertxtodvd
pidgin/ otr
win rar


--------------------


Yeah, thats right...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: List the best 5~10 freeware utilities/programs you must have on your computer... [Re: Growth]
    #16725381 -

I like Media Player Classic for playing movies, I've tried VLC but I didn't like the interface as much.

NetMeter
Gimp
Inkscape (vector drawing)
Soulseek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: List the best 5~10 freeware utilities/programs you must have on your computer... [Re: psi]
    #16725391 -

SpaceSniffer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: List the best 5~10 freeware utilities/programs you must have on your computer... [Re: igCorcaigh]
    #16725392 -

And MediaMonkey.
I like the visualiser.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: List the best 5~10 freeware utilities/programs you must have on your computer... [Re: igCorcaigh]
    #16725425 -

igCorcaigh said:
SpaceSniffer



Thanks for posting that, I used to have that program but I forgot what it was called.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: List the best 5~10 freeware utilities/programs you must have on your computer... [Re: igCorcaigh]
    #16725672 -

igCorcaigh said:
And MediaMonkey.
I like the visualiser.



i use media monkey too.


--------------------


Yeah, thats right...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: List the best 5~10 freeware utilities/programs you must have on your computer... [Re: Growth]
    #16725705 -

Foobar
K-Lite Media Player/Codecs
Launchy
Search Everything
LibreOffice


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: List the best 5~10 freeware utilities/programs you must have on your computer... [Re: Treefeeler]
    #16725756 -

Quote:
-Soulseek.  I don't use it as often as I used too, but Soulseek has been the most stable and satisfying P2P programs I've used.  Plus it's gold for finding obscure artists/songs (and for some reason has an affinity for 70's funk).




Ho shit, Soulseek was brilliant back in the day... best p2p community eva


--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: List the best 5~10 freeware utilities/programs you must have on your computer... [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #16726412 -

Utorrent- torrent downloader http://www.utorrent.com/
Project64-nintendo64 emulator http://www.coolrom.com/emulators/
Itunes- mp3 player http://www.apple.com/itunes/
Dvdvideosoft- youtube downloader, youtube to mp3, audio dub, video dub, video to mp3, dvd burning,dvd ripping,ect,ect,ect,ect http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-dvd-video-software-download.htm
MozillaFirefox- internet browser http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

i don't use much else:shrug:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: List the best 5~10 freeware utilities/programs you must have on your computer... [Re: PLOWTO]
    #16726679 -

I use a lot of what has already been posted so I'm just going to leave those out.

The few that I use that haven't been mentioned are:
Daemon Tools lite - for mounting virtual CDs/DVDs
InfraRecorder - light weight cd/dvd burning utility
Fairuse Wizard - Allows you to rip any DVD to a most file formats (it's old and I don't use it that much anymore.)
Notepad++ - simple yet advanced text editor, great for coding
ISOBuster - Allows you to view/rip raw data off DVDs
Unlocker - Sometimes windows will make files/folders unable to be deleted or edited, this removes that headache
Snagit - Advanced screen capture program

For a browser I use chrome and these are a few of the addons I really like:
AdBlock - self explanitory
Google Dictionary - Double click/ctrl select pop up definitions.
NotScripts - disables all scripts on websites by default, allows you to explicitly allow certain scripts (chromes version of noscript)
Page Eraser - Relatively new extension, allows you to remove sections of websites based on html while preserving the layout of the page (highly suggest checking it out.
RSS Feed Reader - Slick, lightweight RSS feed reader for chrome


--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: List the best 5~10 freeware utilities/programs you must have on your computer... [Re: Idiot]
    #16726703 -

CCCP - Combined Community Codec Pack - This is a must for me; comes with Media Player Classic and all the codecs I've ever needed.


--------------------
Hajnal ['hɒjnɒl] - An elegant mixture of blood and circuitry; sorrow and love fill your systems, like the stars and black holes encompass the ∞.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: List the best 5~10 freeware utilities/programs you must have on your computer... [Re: abltsandwich]
    #16727436 -

abltsandwich said:
Waterfox/PaleMoon + AdBlock+/BetterPrivacy/NoScript/Collusion/DownloadHelper/Flagfox/Ghostery/HTTPS-Everywhere - x64 versions of Firefox plus all the necessary addons for privacy and safety.  You also gotta download the x64 versions of Flash and Java just FYI but it's worthwhile.




I'm liking maxthon so far but does it have any addons and stuff like the ones above? Especially adblock and noscript. I'm looking but most of them seem to be Chinese or for maxthon 1-2


--------------------
"I have no way of knowing whether you, who eventually will read this record, like stories or not. If you do not, no doubt you have turned these pages without attention. I confess that I love them. Indeed, it often seems to me that of all the good things in the world, the only ones humanity can claim for itself are stories and music; the rest, mercy, beauty, sleep, clean water and hot food (as the Ascian would have said) are all the work of the Increate. Thus, stories are small things indeed in the scheme of the universe, but it is hard not to love best what is our own—hard for me, at least."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: List the best 5~10 freeware utilities/programs you must have on your computer... [Re: starfire_xes]
    #16727464 -

Ubuntu....then all the software I have on here is free :wink:


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: List the best 5~10 freeware utilities/programs you must have on your computer... [Re: starfire_xes]
    #16731783 -

Ouuu, i like this subject.

Heres my list:

1) FreeMeter - shows a graphical representation of CPU usage, memory usage and hard drive disk space

2) HotKeyz - you can hot key (i.e. Assigns keyboard key combos) any program or folder to be opened. So much better than using the mouse all the time.

3) Audacity - audio editing program, amazing layout, and you can record audio and mix tracks too.

4) OpenOffice - for typing word documents. Reads lots of types, including new microsoft ".docx". Love the layout, just like MS office 98.

5) WordWeb - free offline dictonary (you dont need online connection). The newer ones are kinda annoying since they ask if youve been on a plane, but its still awesome to look up any word you want. And theres synonyms, and related words as well.

6) SwitchSound File converter - awesome audio file converter. A must for audiophiles. Can convert any type to any type you want. I use it to make smaller .mp3 from .wav

7) ScreenHunter 5.1 - take a photo of your desktop or any part of the screen. Great for making records or keeping copies of things that are temporary.

8) WinRAR - compresses files in Zip and Rar files. Like WinZip but free. Very well done program.

9) MultiTrack Stopwatch - useful for recording time in a stop watch method. I use it when i am recording tv and i dont want commericals. Commercial lenght is about 4:20 long, on average.

10) Serif PhotoPlus Starter Edition - The best free photo editing program ive found. If you cant get a cracked photoshop, this is the best alternative. It can pretty much do everything photoshop can do, such as layering and cutting.

Theres my list. The first 9 can be downloaded at www.download.com The Serif photo edit program is only found at their website, Serif.com

Power to the Computer!
- LC


--------------------
"A single lifetime in this density can accomplish a refinement of Will that might take far longer in a realm where the truth is always visible" - Zii, Confederation of Planets, GFL Station.

"You will then have national and global contact around 2026." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS (PDF Download) - 312 pages! | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:Canned Computer Duster SAB Tek 👨‍🔬 | Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits | R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: List the best 5~10 freeware utilities/programs you must have on your computer... [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #16731791 -

Most of what I use have been mentioned already except

Burn 4 Free


--------------------
THE PHILOSOPHY OF LIBERTY <---                                               


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: List the best 5~10 freeware utilities/programs you must have on your computer... [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #16731809 -

This one is actually the best I forgot about.  Free dj mixing software like traktor.  its doesn't have all the futures but its perpos is to be superior to traktor and serato eventually and its free since its open source, made by dj's.

Worth a try if you just want to mess around, right now its the nicest simple program Iv'e seen.

http://www.mixxx.org/


--------------------
a teenage girl looking for guidance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: List the best 5~10 freeware utilities/programs you must have on your computer... [Re: tospace]
    #16732072 -

Truecrypt - Data Encryption software
Winkey - Setup hotkeys with your windows button
Spybot Search & Destroy - Spyware monitoring app.
GOM - Video Player
Blender 3D - 3D Modelling software. A bit complicated to learn, but pretty easy once you get it down.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: List the best 5~10 freeware utilities/programs you must have on your computer... [Re: Shroomacabra]
    #16732174 -

Shroomacabra said:
Truecrypt - Data Encryption software
Winkey - Setup hotkeys with your windows button
Spybot Search & Destroy - Spyware monitoring app.
GOM - Video Player
Blender 3D - 3D Modelling software. A bit complicated to learn, but pretty easy once you get it down.



hey, do you know if it would be possible to setup hotkeys that I could use while gaming without minimizing the game?

I got 7 extra f keys that I could map with sharp keys

thats another good one :P

Sharp keys can take any input on your keyboard and make it do something else like a key or combination of them.


--------------------
a teenage girl looking for guidance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The computer worm that wouldn't die... TheShroomHermit 931 5 02/18/04 03:34 PM
by Mitchnast
* Your first computer
( 1 2 3 all )
HagbardCeline 3,530 41 01/11/04 04:00 PM
by justsmurfy
* Sometimes I fight with my computer. Little Shroom 2,411 17 07/24/03 03:45 PM
by oDin
* best freeware mp3 player?
( 1 2 3 all )
tiny_rabid_birds 3,413 42 09/24/07 09:51 PM
by zorbman
* . z_x_x_z 834 6 06/17/05 10:15 AM
by baraka
* Program for getting rid of spyware? Delyrium 1,511 17 02/18/04 02:06 AM
by scott2004bc
* List of chemicals in most cigarettes
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
ShroomismM 13,479 87 10/23/09 02:48 PM
by Ellisistight
* Everyone seems to hate them but me
( 1 2 3 all )
silversoul7 2,929 41 03/19/04 12:33 AM
by I_was_the_walrus

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,770 topic views. 4 members, 7 guests and 135 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 17 queries.