Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Sometimes I fight with my computer.
    #1716228 -

So...
Sometimes my computer freezes. Then I restart it. Then it freezes halfway through reboot. Then I try again. It doesn't work. Then, a while later... it works. It has been doing this for years.

Can someone remedy this for me?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sometimes I fight with my computer. [Re: Little Shroom]
    #1716256 -

buy a new computer


--------------------
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sometimes I fight with my computer. [Re: Golem]
    #1716266 -

Easier said than done.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sometimes I fight with my computer. [Re: Little Shroom]
    #1716330 -

Little Shroom,

I have the same problem.

The best thing to do is to backup all of your important files on to CD or zipdisk or the like. Format your hard drive, and re-install your software.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sometimes I fight with my computer. [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #1716357 -

yeah like he said. it will take a while if you have a lot of crap but that usually does it unless you have some weird sort of hardware problem.


--------------------
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sometimes I fight with my computer. [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #1716366 -

Delete temp internet files,defragg,skandisc ect ..this is probably something you allready know about. Upgrade to XP and get rid of all the old windows crap, I deleted some old uninstall stuff for windows `95 and made a big :smile: difference..good luck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sometimes I fight with my computer. [Re: Little Shroom]
    #1717532 -

yeah back up your important files and reinstall windows or upgrade to the most recent windows. My computer used to do the same thing yours does then i tried to install a program and it fucked up windows forever. i lost everything i had...but at least i learned what i  should have done  :crazy:


--------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sometimes I fight with my computer. [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #1718926 -

JonnyOnTheSpot said:
i tried to install a program and it fucked up windows forever. i lost everything i had



just cuz windoze won't load/boot doesn't mean your up the creek. for god's sake, the data is still there and the drive can be accessed by a working machine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sometimes I fight with my computer. [Re: debianlinux]
    #1719194 -

sometimes its heat related problem, especially during summer... trying opening your computer case... to see if the problem goes away... if it does, buy a new heatsink, add few fans or lower your cpu's vCORE!!... hope this helps.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sometimes I fight with my computer. [Re: Little Shroom]
    #1719263 -

Before I got a real computer, I got in fights with mine like three times a day.. I'd tell it to do something.. itd just give me the cold shoulder and ignore me.. or turn itself off from me... no matter how hard i tried to get inside to help it. Finally I said "fuck you computer" and went to the computer store, I got a new computer and the old one got a claw hammer to its circuits.

The moral of the story is that you need a new computer. New computers are 95% less likely to fuckup. This statistic should prove that you need one. Or do what Kid or coma said.

1. Take side off, put a fan blowing into it about 2 feet away... See if this helps, if not proceed to step 2.

2. Make a partition and store all files you want to keep on it... or if you have a burner, I suggest burning the files you want to save as its much less prone to accidental deletion... :blush: Once you have your files backed up on your partition or CD, format the main drive.. reinstall windows, and be careful about the programs you install.. Its always the little things that mess it all up. If you dunno how to do the different things I described, find a computer-savy nerdaling and get them to do it. Just go to any computer type place and flirt with one of the nerds.. then you own them and they'll then do it for you.

3. If the nerdaling can't fix your computer, try another nerdaling... if after several tries its still not fixed.. then its probably hardware related and will be a whole different bag of apples to fix. Buying a new computer is the best answer here, trying to fix it can end up costing more than just buying a new one straight out =(...

If this didn't help, sorry. =P

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sometimes I fight with my computer. [Re: Jared]
    #1719316 -

It's not so much a matter of loosing files, because I know I won't. It's more a matter of, it's a pain in the ass.
But I appreciate the advice, and I'll give some of them a try!

Thanks guys and gals!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sometimes I fight with my computer. [Re: Little Shroom]
    #1719471 -

Make shure your fans are running!!...A long time ago in a land far away a friend of mine was having fits with his pc shutting down/freezing ect and his troubles were solved with a 7 dollar new fan. I am kinda shure you have checked that because I ahhh.. I mean my friend was kinda slow. :crazy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sometimes I fight with my computer. [Re: Jared]
    #1721269 -

Good advice


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sometimes I fight with my computer. [Re: Ripple]
    #1731830 -

Mommy and Daddy fight sometimes.
And then I get discaplined.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sometimes I fight with my computer. [Re: FrozenHappiness]
    #1731943 -

I say throw it out the window....you'll feel better.


--------------------
~Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe~

A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sometimes I fight with my computer. [Re: Gillette]
    #1733702 -

Serenity now, serenity now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sometimes I fight with my computer. [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #1738394 -

Sounds like an overheat problem with either your CPU, video card, or PSU. TRy installing some case fans -- theyr'e cheap as shit.


--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sometimes I fight with my computer. [Re: Sev]
    #1745161 -

things were alot simpler when we carved data into stone tablets...hey you damn kids get off my grass!

/me shakes his fist at the kids on his lawn

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* anyone here good with computers? k2nride 1,091 10 08/20/04 02:30 AM
by Charles
* ARGH! (aka help me with computer problem) Thin White Duke 653 1 04/29/05 03:19 AM
by fresh313
* Help reinstalling Windows. Needed ASAP HagbardCeline 751 3 11/24/03 02:06 PM
by Fritzs_caindealer
* How to speed up my computer?? Toddo 1,699 17 05/12/05 04:49 AM
by ummikko
* Calling all computer nerds HELP me!!!!! barfightlard 1,348 11 09/12/04 08:05 PM
by barfightlard
* Can't install modem Thin White Duke 871 4 04/26/05 08:46 AM
by BloodNOil
* How to erase everything and start over on a computer? grassman 483 3 08/12/04 06:35 PM
by felix
* WTF is the point in buying a computer when you CAN'T READ!?! trendalM 1,184 18 07/18/05 01:11 PM
by WildCardsRevenge

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,411 topic views. 6 members, 5 guests and 143 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.