Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineSilentSheep
Stranger
Re: Our Evolution [Re: PDU]
    #1664564 - 06/26/03 01:19 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

we are catigorizing what technoligy is, on to wide a scale. Look at how our brains evolved to see color- some may say humans could aways detect color, while a Terrence Meckenna fan may say that the use of phycedelics could have jump-started our primitive cerebrums awakening us to a new understandin of frequency, new concepts of beauty, and so on. our brains are evolving everyday- our understanding of technoligy is getting vaster, because we are able to correlate physicle devices to our own understanding of ourselves. for example- this vehicle better develope it's hyper drive, or it's not gonna make it to the fifth dimention!

My exampls before of the automatic blow job machein and the telephone was not an example of physicle evolution,rather it they were myters in demonstraighting the evolution of human imagination. then these products (and let us not forget, they ARE products)are a sing that we are thinking, on some level. It's true, DogoMush, that if i threw all of my belongs in the forest and lived off nothing but nature, i can reach enlightenment- but evolution of technoligy is not jsut physicle- our brains evolve everyday. Your body is nothing but an advanced structure of nerves, bone, and signals. yet you both need your body, and do not need your body. its a paradox.
if you were to take out the battery of a cell phone, it would not work- would you say, Fuck it?? no, cell phone are useful tools to communicate- untill we devlope our telepathic skil of course, you may even call a cell phone nessesary. It's not a perminate tool for our evolution, rather it's a useful facilitator at this time. If some one thretens to rip out your spinal cord, you would stongly object, because your spine is USEFUL to keep yur body living. You are spirit, not body, YET your body is your temporary vehicle- thus, you don't want it to die. in fact, you may even want this Biological/Technological device to EVEOLVE so you can become more awaire to what is going on,and imagine more. YAY!! see what im getting at? Freedom is the sign of evolution- technoligy helps us, help ourselves. evolve the concept of a tool, and you'll need less tools.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSilentSheep
Stranger
Re: Our Evolution [Re: SilentSheep]
    #1664571 - 06/26/03 01:24 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

heh forgive the spelling, i was on a role

OfflineAudi0
have ur cake andbeat it 2
Female User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South !
Re: Our Evolution [Re: SilentSheep]
    #1667064 - 06/27/03 10:15 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Our brains are evolving. I have no doubt that if we can manage to not kill each other or destroy the planet in a few hundred years we will be able to get out of this solar system and populate other new planets.

--------------------

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Our Evolution [Re: Audi0]
    #1668166 - 06/27/03 09:33 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think when people talk about humanity they attach far too much importance to the physical body, than what we really are. How we live and what we do is not animal. Its a higher plateau of existence, its ideas, networks of systems that exist nowhere but in our minds.. in our calculations, our equations, our concepts and our imaginations. Humanity is sort of backpacking on these vehicules.. these monkey bodies serve as a way to sustain that which really matters.. who you are, what you think, hate, love, feel, and know. A crude analog form of interacting and continuing our non-physical evolution. Once we began establishing society, and complex matrices we started the end of our animal evolution. We've already started to transcended the physical world. We just never noticed.

Take this message board for example, the ideas, thoughts, exchanges here are humanity. The content might be affected by the physical world, but it itself is none the less non-physical.

Look at yourself as a monkey with a big brain, with an extremely complex artifical intelligence loaded into it. You are that software, the A.I, the memories, the emotions, the ideas, the art, the love. The organic machine you see in the mirror is no more who you are than the computer you're using right now to correspond on this messageboard. Its just a vehicle, the remnants of where we came from.

I have the concepts I'm trying to paint all drawn in my mind.. as clear and simple as daylight, but im too fucking stupid and tired to translate from my mind to the world how I envision them. So I'm just going to stop and go to bed before I repeat the same thing again.

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: Our Evolution [Re: Jared]
    #1668202 - 06/27/03 09:54 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Nice post Jared, eloquent and insightful, I'd be interested to hear more of it, when you're less tired, and feeling less stupid of course ; ). Peace.

--------------------

OfflineLifeIsSweet
Stranger
Re: Our Evolution [Re: chunder]
    #5043005 - 12/10/05 05:36 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

If we humans choose to end our own existence...well the universe will still exist

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom