Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Our Evolution
    #1659529 - 06/24/03 07:39 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

In the next, lets say (being liberal) 350 years the world will be ever increasingly polluted and harsher living conditions will apply, some (myself included) have even speculated that the human race will be wiped out by then. It seems for quite a few thousand years human physical evolution has been pretty much halted. When subjected to harsh conditions caused by us, will our evolutionary instinct kick in and mothers start having babies with adaptions to survive? If so what kind of adaptions (i suppose it depends on how conditions are)? I could see darker, thicker skinned babies to deal with the ozone, perhaps better sight, and immunity to toxic water/dangerous perservatives/chemicals/pollution.

What do you think?

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Our Evolution [Re: PDU]
    #1660291 - 06/25/03 12:37 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

350 years the world will be ever increasingly polluted and harsher living conditions

It won't last 350, more like only 9, and this is our time.

Quote:

If so what kind of adaptions (i suppose it depends on how conditions are)? I could see darker, thicker skinned babies to deal with the ozone, perhaps better sight, and immunity to toxic water/dangerous perservatives/chemicals/pollution.

Rumor has it when the evolution does take place, our eyes will be sensitive to light, so i guess the sun maybe blocked out.

On my last trip i saw this image of an alien in my blinds, it was morphing back and forth between human form, and alien form. Maybe when the evolution has taken place we may look like aliens.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #1660342 - 06/25/03 01:05 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

who says we're gonna evolve any further than this?
maybe homo sapiens is just another evolutionary dead end - just like all hominids that have come before us.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Our Evolution [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1660368 - 06/25/03 01:17 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

infidelGOD said:
who says we're gonna evolve any further than this?
maybe homo sapiens is just another evolutionary dead end - just like all hominids that have come before us.

Well pretty soon humans are going to have to evolve to accomodate, if their just going to die why isnt anyone preaching the apocolypse that isnt a religious wacko.

I think people might try and reform their way's if it was on the nightly news...a scientist pointing out exactly why the human race has only a couple hundred years. It might even help the eco market.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #1660410 - 06/25/03 01:45 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

that's what I'm saying. if we can't evolve to accomodate, we're finished.
not all is lost though. I'm sure there will be survivors, but they won't be human anymore.

Offlinethe universe
Harbinger ofEldritch Despair
Male

Loc: Under your bed
Re: Our Evolution [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1660439 - 06/25/03 02:00 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Has anyone considered the possibility of a global change of awareness and sense of responsibility? Maybe we'll all just change our ways?

--------------------
"If you had a million years to do it in, you couldn't rub out even half the 'Fuck you' signs in the world."- J. D. Salinger

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: Our Evolution [Re: the universe]
    #1660528 - 06/25/03 02:44 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think theres is a fair point but feel free to flame me. In effect we have stopped our own evolution, as humans we are probably the most versatile and adaptable species on the planet. Therefore, even if we do carry on polluting and deforesting we'll probably find a way to cope by finding another flawed short-term solution and then another and then another. So its comforting to know its most likely if the world does become this harsh desolate place we predict we'll probably still be here along with the cockroaches. I think our evolution as a species may have grounded to a halt but where human evolution has stopped technological evolution is rapidly increasing.........

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Our Evolution [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1661402 - 06/25/03 12:53 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Maybe when the evolution has taken place we may look like aliens.

Maybe what we think of as aliens, such as the Greys, are really a form of humanity that exists in the collective mind's future, and they make appearances to us as sort of a guide towards the future...

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Our Evolution [Re: the universe]
    #1661420 - 06/25/03 12:59 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

the universe said:
Has anyone considered the possibility of a global change of awareness and sense of responsibility? Maybe we'll all just change our ways?

Is it too late already? We're in a downward spiral, and greed is, as said in another thread an "inherent human trait". I would like to think their would be a global reform, but wishful thinking is all it is.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineSilentSheep
Stranger
Re: Our Evolution [Re: Adamist]
    #1661604 - 06/25/03 02:13 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"Evolution did not stop with us growing thumbs. you do realize that don't you?" -Bill Hicks
the fact that we do not physically have tentacles growing from our foreheads, is not a sign that evolution has stopped- It's true, Human are evolving at a snails pace, but we are going! The Telephone, the Hydrogen Bomb, Internet, Self operating blow job machines, video camera's the size of button's- humans are now in the phase of evolving positive imagination. but why? the word revolves around the light of genius, so wise up! We are preparing for something- my current standing is in accordence with the Myian Calender, of 2012. The end of human history and development to christ consciousness through imagination. Imagine that. a Spiritual evolution~

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Our Evolution [Re: SilentSheep]
    #1661653 - 06/25/03 02:37 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

TECHNOLOGY IS NOT EVOLUTION!!!!

If I take my computer and all my belongings and throw them into the dump and then go into the woods then what am I? A primitive human, just like the ones 160 000 years ago (You guys heard that's the new age of our species? Three new skulls...). But you can't back track evolution, we can't go back to being dinosaurs can we? There's a difference, so stop talking about technology as evolution.

As for evolutionary adaptations, I don't think we will make them as we destroy the planet. Say the planet becomes a total shit hole, we'll just stay in our caves during the day to avoid the deadly sun and we'll work by night. This would avoid our children dying before they can reproduce therefore the skin wouldn't thicken... Why not wear a coat? Yeah, our skin won't thicken. Technology holds back evolution...

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Our Evolution [Re: SilentSheep]
    #1661682 - 06/25/03 02:48 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think as time progresses, like other before me have said, we will not evolve physicly, but mentaly. And by mentally I mean more then just knowledge and understanding. I mean like, we will learn to harness the energy and power of the universe with our minds, and things like psi and telapathy will be common. I think " how can we survive if we can all read each others minds, and harness universal enery" how would the world be balanced? Well, I cant really answer that, my only guess is that for everything action there will be a counter action, once again bringing in the universal idea of survival in again. Basicly, there will be a new "race" of humans who learn to harness this mind power, and protect themselves from others negative energies, and humans as we know today(knowing nothing of the supernatural) will die out and become "extinct" as a "race".

Let the age of the mind begin

(keep in mind this is all IF a nuclear war, or 2012 , or some other catoshrophic event, kill us all)

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Our Evolution [Re: Dogomush]
    #1661689 - 06/25/03 02:52 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"Technology holds back evolution"

thats a good point,

but when do we get to the point where technology and evolution are the same? dont you think at some point humans technological advancement IS evolution in the process? Its our MINDS evolving to adapt... the mind is part of the body right? Therefore technology is classified as evolution.

I think

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Our Evolution [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1661711 - 06/25/03 03:08 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Minds arnt evolving to adapt anymore though, theyve adapted to their surroundings, they are just...flaunting their abilities by "evolving" further.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineJackden
Juggernaut

Re: Our Evolution [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1661731 - 06/25/03 03:15 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

technology is proof that we are evolving our brains more advance which happens to be what let our species survive when all the other hominids died out our brains set us apart. technology is the proof of our superior inteligence art lanugage all of that sets us apart we will adapt to our world no matter what we make it and some time in the future who knows we might just be able to hop to some other more hospitable place now doesnt that sound fun

--------------------
fight club was great tyler durden my hero and jack the person i relate to

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: Our Evolution [Re: Jackden]
    #1661851 - 06/25/03 03:45 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

dogomush:

that is total bullshit, "technology holds back evolution"

what about cyborgs? if humans gain the ability to transport their brains/minds into robotic shells, that will be the pinnacle of human evolution.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

OfflineCrotalus
    #1662461 - 06/25/03 06:46 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

You should read "The Skeptical Environmentalist" by Bjorn Lomborg, Danish statistician and former Green.

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #1663084 - 06/26/03 01:46 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Well I was gonna call BS on this one too, but everyone else beat me to it.

As we were discussing in the other thread, biological evolution may have slowed down, but I think it is by no means finished.

Even if it were, we are incredibly adaptable on our own. We are extremely versatile. While other animals have needed to physically evolve in order to adapt, we can fashion tools, or even change our environment to adapt to us.

I think technology is the ultimate evolution. Why wait hundreds if not thousands of years for the ability to develop, when you can do it right now.

Once it has sufficiently progressed, we will even be able to alter our genetic makeup at will.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1663338 - 06/26/03 01:08 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Dogomush said:
TECHNOLOGY IS NOT EVOLUTION!!!!

If I take my computer and all my belongings and throw them into the dump and then go into the woods then what am I? A primitive human, just like the ones 160 000 years ago (You guys heard that's the new age of our species? Three new skulls...). But you can't back track evolution, we can't go back to being dinosaurs can we? There's a difference, so stop talking about technology as evolution.

As for evolutionary adaptations, I don't think we will make them as we destroy the planet. Say the planet becomes a total shit hole, we'll just stay in our caves during the day to avoid the deadly sun and we'll work by night. This would avoid our children dying before they can reproduce therefore the skin wouldn't thicken... Why not wear a coat? Yeah, our skin won't thicken. Technology holds back evolution...

You would be a human that has been influenced by technology. We will probably come up with technology to fix the problems that will arrise. We have lived through wars and other disasters you guys know.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Our Evolution [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1663601 - 06/26/03 03:02 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

A war, and an out of whack world arnt really comparable. Humans have never fixxed a global eco system or anything of the like before..

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order