Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineuser_exists
Stranger
effect in your brain
    #1493416 - 04/25/03 01:42 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

how are mushrooms effecting our brains? how do they get us trippin?

My friends are all stupid assholes and won't let up about how bad mushrooms are and how they'll kill you if you eat to much or that there destroying our brains and I'm pretty sure theres no truth to this but I wanted to know for sure so what do you guys know about shrooms effects on us?

and do you ever get idiots that say this "what do you mean there not posinous that's what gets you high when the posion eats at your brain" or something stupid like that?

I'd like some info so that I can be sure I know the truth no matter who believes me cause if there stupid enough to think that and still do those drugs then there real morons.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: effect in your brain [Re: user_exists]
    #1493698 - 04/25/03 03:07 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I'll make this short and simple becuase this is one of the numerous qustions that can be easily searched for by using the search funtion, not to mention read in the numerous FAQs.

Psilocin, a tryptimnine, is chemically similar to serotonin. Serotonin (5HT) is a neurotransmitter which is involved in many of our behaviors. Serotonin synapses are abundant in the cerebral cortex making it likely that they are involved in the processes of perception in some way. Chemicals like psilocin and LSD distort our perception by binding to one type of serotonin receptor, 5-HT2.

Psilocin or psilocybin are non toxic to your body. The chemicals do not cause any harmfull physical side affects. It does not kill brain cells. It is neither non addictive physically nor mentally. Typically psilocin is matabolzed completly out of your system within 2 to 5 days. The LD50 of psilocin is so high in humans, it is roughly estimated that one would have to eat their own body weight in mushrooms. I doubt anyone could eat a 1/4 pound without passing out.

Mushrooms do have their risks. If you grow your own, you have to be carefull of contamination. Certain bacterias and fungi excrete toxins that are deadly if consumed. If you pick your mushrooms out in the wild, you have to be carefull you don't pick a deadly look-a-like. Many wild mushrooms that are consumed are not identified correctly and serveral people each year are hosptialized and or die because of liver faliure. And there's always the risk of having a bad trip or breaking down into a psychotic episode... though highly unlikely. People with a family history or background of mental illness are more prone to these psychotic episodes.

Spread the truth and put an end to the ignorance in your friends. If they want to spread negative information of drugs, they are plenty of other drugs on the street to fight a war againts. Crack, heroine, coacane, etc.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlinefleshofgods
SpiritualVisionary
Loc: In a daze . . .
Re: effect in your brain [Re: djd586]
    #1494112 - 04/25/03 06:14 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

neither non addictive nor mentally

double negative

--------------------
Holler!

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: effect in your brain [Re: fleshofgods]
    #1494469 - 04/25/03 10:00 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Almost triple...

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#1494744 - 04/25/03 11:59 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

sorry... I like to be nagative I guess.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: effect in your brain [Re: user_exists]
    #1494864 - 04/26/03 12:27 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

how are mushrooms effecting our brains? how do they get us trippin?

Mushrooms  make brain cells burst and the blood dripping on your brain is what makes you trip  :grin:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: effect in your brain [Re: Xlea321]
    #1495133 - 04/26/03 02:26 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

mushrooms coat your brain in a black mush which atracts insects and when they lay their eggs in your brain, the eggs turn your frontal lobes into jelly temporarly. Most of it turns back to normal brain but some is left behind. This jelly gets you high.

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

Loc: on my way to another plac...
Re: effect in your brain [Re: Dogomush]
    #1495183 - 04/26/03 02:51 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

no no, mushrooms release tiny faries, who make kool-aid inside your brain (strawberry kiwi), drink, then urinate the urine then makes it's way into small capilary's in the brain.. the mushrooms themselves do nothing, but the fairy urine, man, if you get a good dose your gone, highly halucinogenic.

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #1495272 - 04/26/03 03:28 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Excellent explaination!

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: effect in your brain [Re: Joshua]
    #1495734 - 04/26/03 11:44 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

gee...
i want some of that pixie dust that IBM is selling to fix up your computer...
i know it's real cuz i seen the adverts on the telly... i mean, the ads on TV...
i just wanna lay out a few lines on the ol' mirror & snurk 'em up, doodz...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineExtravagantDream
Beacon in theDarkness
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in the Local Su...
    #1496860 - 04/26/03 09:18 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

neither non addictive nor mentally

double negative

Also incorrect. Anything can be mentally addictive as it is the cause of enjoyment.

By the way, good info.

Edited by ExtravagantDream (04/26/03 09:20 PM)

OfflineLostMetropolis
A Stranger AmongStrangers

Loc: In The Machine
Re: effect in your brain [Re: ExtravagantDream]
    #1496954 - 04/26/03 10:23 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

You're all wrong! The mushrooms work like this...

Upon ingestion of your magic friends, the veil will be torn away and the mushrooms will come alive in your stomach and begin to dance around. This dancing of mushrooms (accurately portrayed in Fantasia) causes psilocybin friction (don't ask) which inherently tears down the boundaries of the "real world" perspective you are stuck in and take you to mushroom land! Or as it is often called... DIMENSION X!

Or was that Z? I don't know. Just ignore me please.

--------------------
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: effect in your brain [Re: LostMetropolis]
    #1497032 - 04/26/03 11:06 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, I would definately say that its possible to become Psychologically addicted to anything, as opposed to a physical addiction. Sure, I dont get the shakes or get dope-sick from Shrooms, but I definately feel that It'd be fun to trip again...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1497198 - 04/27/03 12:53 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

"serveral people each year are hosptialized and or die because of liver faliure."

Just for the record, you mean they die of liver failure or are hospitalized because they misidentified the mushroom, right? I'm just annoyed by claims that "normal" psilocybin mushrooms will give you liver problems

great post by the way, man :smile: Peace

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (04/27/03 12:53 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies