Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: harmful effects of mush? [Re: Told]
    #1386548 - 03/18/03 02:32 AM (21 years, 6 days ago)

psilocybin and psilocin are pretty much non-toxic. with a little respect and moderation, mushrooms will not harm you in any way. on the contrary... they will probably help make you well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: harmful effects of mush? [Re: poke smot!]
    #1386701 - 03/18/03 03:47 AM (21 years, 6 days ago)

AS I have postewd over and over, Psilocybine ois converted into psilocine when it enters your body before you get off.

Not DMT as noted in an above post.

ALso, 5-hydroxytryptamine is (serotonine) is common in all psilklo9cybine mushrooms and competes witht he serotonine in your brain.

mj

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

mjshroomer

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: harmful effects of mush? [Re: poke smot!]
    #1386714 - 03/18/03 03:55 AM (21 years, 6 days ago)

Dogomush said
Quote:

So what's the mushroom LD50 for humans? Nobody knows exactly, but in rats, 280 mg/Kg (Intra-veinous) in mice, 285 mg/Kg, and in rabbits 12.5 mg/kg. A dose for your average human is what, 35 MG? 40 mg?
Quote:

Actually a human dosage is 10-30 milligrams.

The paragraph below is from John Allen's Magic Mushrooms of Australia and New Zealand.

Jonathan Ott reported that the "Ld50 (lethal dosage) in mice for psilocybin has been determined to be 280 mg/kg, oral ingestion", thereby assuming that a person of average weight (i.e. 70 kg/155 lb) person, "would have to ingest l9.6 grams of [the extracted chemical] psilocybin to produce death." However, in 1989, Dr. Karl L. R. Jansen at the University of Auckland stated that he believes that "the LD50 (the dose at which 50% of a sample will die) has been determined as 280 mg/kg in mice. However, it is not valid to calculate the LD50 for humans by a simple percentage/weight calculation. Mice and humans have very different metabolic rates and dispose of drugs in different ways. It is unlikely that even a large number of psilocybine mushrooms would not be toxic in humans, but we cannot suggest an exact figure from data based on rodent studies."

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: harmful effects of mush? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1386931 - 03/18/03 05:03 AM (21 years, 6 days ago)

mj, what do you think of the theory Strassman mentions of psilocin as "orally active DMT", ie it's close enough to the DMT structure that it slots into the same receptors as DMT?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: harmful effects of mush? [Re: Xlea321]
    #1386976 - 03/18/03 05:20 AM (21 years, 6 days ago)

I should remind everyone that DMT is a tryptamine the same as DERT, 5-meo-DMT and Psilocine, psilocybine, bufotonine, serotonine, urea, trptophan, etc. The highs have similar actions and effects which can mimic one another. Smiking dmt, one can feel physical effects of psilocybine in the high. That does not mean you are feeling psilocybine or vice-versa.

There are DMT feelings in psilocybine highs which are psilocybian in effect but are not the DMT high.

mj

Invisibleenacid
solid funk
    #1387075 - 03/18/03 06:06 AM (21 years, 6 days ago)

so... im putting together some thoughts here, so theoretically.. (or just plain true) your can eat a couple ounces of shrooms and just trip your happy ass away? without worrying about... anything

so why dont people commonly dose very high? if its not dangerous

OfflineLummox
n00b fungusgrower

Loc: North Dakota
Re: harmful effects of mush? [Re: enacid]
    #1387215 - 03/18/03 06:56 AM (21 years, 6 days ago)

sometimes its a waste. In north dakota shrooms barely come around and when they do everyone jumps on them. If you decide to down a quarter, thats around 80-100 dollars here. If you don't grow your own... of course.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: harmful effects of mush? [Re: Lummox]
    #1388190 - 03/18/03 11:58 AM (21 years, 6 days ago)

I don't eat ounces at a time because I think I'd be very anxious and scared going into it. I'd probably piss and shit myself too.

InvisibleHermes_br
~~~
 User Gallery

#1389749 - 03/19/03 12:56 AM (21 years, 5 days ago)

Hi,
Quote:

ALso, 5-hydroxytryptamine is (serotonine) is common in all psilklo9cybine mushrooms and competes with the serotonine in your brain.

actually serotonine cannot pass the blood-brain barrier when taken orally .

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: harmful effects of mush? [Re: Hermes_br]
    #1391552 - 03/19/03 11:38 AM (21 years, 5 days ago)

A very uninformed friend was told 30g of fresh shrooms was a good dose... He didn't really understand the concept of fresh... so he ate the dried ounce he had.
Other than a mild headache the next day, he was fine.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: harmful effects of mush? [Re: Shdwstr]
    #1392333 - 03/19/03 03:47 PM (21 years, 5 days ago)

Two children and a mother in Menton France in 1962 or so accidently cooked aklmost three fresh ounces of Copelandia Cyanescens. They spent the night in the hospital with convulsions.

This shroom takes 7 to 10 fresh shrooms or one dried gram.

see below comments from above posted paper. paper on clinical study of four people.

and here from Amsterdam's Conscious Dreams Kokpeli Smart Shoppe is a 15 Euro dollar dose of Copelandia cyanescens.

Mjshroomer.

I should also mention that regular users of these Copelandia shrooms in Hawaii all report high tolerance levels after a few years of continous use, causing many to consume from 50 to 2-300 small and medium shrooms to get high.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1392694 - 03/19/03 05:34 PM (21 years, 5 days ago)

Where do these users taking mushrooms every week for 3-4 years get their supplies? Are they growing their own? Sounds pretty expensive if they need 300 per trip. Why wouldn't they stop taking them when they noticed they had to take four to five times as much to have the same effect?

Not saying it isn't true, it just sounds a little far-fetched. Surely any reasonabe person would notice they had to take twice as much, have a break, then go back to eating the lower dose when tolerance had vanished. I find it hard to believe anyone would be silly enough to keep taking them every week for 3-4 years even when they needed 300 to get high.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinemesq
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

#1392707 - 03/19/03 05:39 PM (21 years, 5 days ago)

Hawaii = wild world of shrooms. = free mush.

MJshroomer I think 1 gram per dose of Copelandia is a bit conservative.. I would suggest 2-3 grams for a pretty good trip... ie proper visuals.. Im sure you yourself dont take just 1g.

Also as you know Copelandia strains differ in their Alkaloidal content..so just saying 1g is a bit misleading.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: harmful effects of mush? [Re: mesq]
    #1392714 - 03/19/03 05:42 PM (21 years, 5 days ago)

Yeah i know they grow there, I just wonder if there's such an abundance you can take 300 a trip when if you waited a month you'd only need 10-50.

No matter how abundant they were, I'd think about having a month off and starting with 10-50 again rather than keep eating 300 every time.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlineska8ball
anaxagoras
    #1393028 - 03/19/03 07:28 PM (21 years, 5 days ago)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ENOUGH WITH THE serotonin SOOOOO much shit uses serotonin up, like... uh anything FUKCING PLEASURABLE - sex, eating ect. !!!! secondly u say shrooming throws physical skills off!!!??? wtf!! after i shroom my drawings improved, my writing improved, my guitarplaying improved, my skateboarding improved, my fucking kung fu improved.... what one learns through their trip if they trip responsibly overcomes any physical damage... however i do understand that shrooms wear u out but thats because u just had a fucking adventure- like n e thing else that intense even non drug related

oh yeah sombody said somin about not being able to od on shrooms and then saying if thats true why dont people take higher dosages... this is because the intensity becomes too much i bet- what u expierence is probably beyond most!

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: harmful effects of mush? [Re: ska8ball]
    #1394120 - 03/20/03 03:51 AM (21 years, 4 days ago)

Steady on ska8, I think you should be addressing this to dilaudid not me.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1394423 - 03/20/03 05:33 AM (21 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

MJshroomer I think 1 gram per dose of Copelandia is a bit conservative.. I would suggest 2-3 grams for a pretty good trip... ie proper visuals.. Im sure you yourself dont take just 1g

And ALex, In Hawaii the shrooms fruit from 3 or 4 to as many as 200 oin a single cow pie.

I have personally seen people consume whole bagfuls of shrooms in Hawaii so I konw what I am talking about, not counting the many Surveys of use Mark Merlin studied while conducting his every other semester Biology 440 class which is call Psychoactive Drug Plants..

Quote:

Also as you know Copelandia strains differ in their Alkaloidal content..so just saying 1g is a bit misleading

The po0oled collections of the hawaiian Copelandias were rich in psilocybine and low in psilocine. The australian and Thai were virtually exempt in psilocybine and hig in psilocine.

People who only eat shrooms, once or twice a year, of which are many who only do that a few times a year get off really well on one gream of dried Copelandia's.

PEople who consume them weekly usually build a quick tolerance.

As for how many. Hawaii is a wonbderful place. It is thew only location in the wolrd which has all seasons at once.

When the shrooms grow on one side of the islands during a specific time, they appear on the other side of the Islands at the other end of the year.

They do not appear during the extreme hot months, and the reason they copnstanly are there is because of the moving of cattle from one paddock to another paddock.

There are alt least ten large racncches for Shrooms on Oahu,

The whole volcanon of Haleakala on Maui is home to dozens of large ranc hes.

The 200,000 acred Parker Ranch on The big island.

Each island has its seasons and on the big island they gerow ont he Hilo side during a specific season and then on the kona side at a different time of the year so one can pick close to all year long and massive collections. Not 20 or thirty.

I use to pick over 2000 to 4000 specimens in a morning on Oahu and on Maui.

I am talking large boxes of shrooms.

mj

And yes people consume a lot, but I can take ten to 12 fresh shrooms and give them to someone who has only dosesd a few times and then give 200 medium shrooms to a regular loser who might say he could of eaten a few more.

I would rather turn on twenty people to those two hundred shrooms then to give them to someone who is obviously abusing the shrooms and their own body.

a few images of multiple Copelandias in manure from hawaii and Thailand.

These next three are of C. tropicalis

ANd to go to the extreme, in a location far north and colder climates, these specimens of Copelandia bispora, also found by me in Haaii comes from a Church yard in Switzerland.

Amazng. I should note that they did not return the following year. The species previously known only from Africa and by me from hawaii is strange but they came in with the maured compost imported from Africa.

and those ones came from this lawn here

mjshroomer-

mj

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#1396230 - 03/20/03 06:10 PM (21 years, 4 days ago)

Damn, MJ. The pictures you post sometimes make me want to become a full time mycologist. Thanks a million for all you've done for this community.

Damn

Offlinemesq
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: harmful effects of mush? [Re: Viveka]
    #1396658 - 03/20/03 11:42 PM (21 years, 3 days ago)

I still think 1 gram is a conservative dose.. I would recommend two.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1396779 - 03/21/03 01:17 AM (21 years, 3 days ago)

If you had read the paper you would have noticed that the Hawaiian shrooms are rich in psilocybine and the auustralian one s had a high psilocine content and were void of psilocybine.

That makes a fidderence inthe dosages.

mj

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate