Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekottonmouthss

difference between the high of the psilocybin e psilocin
    #2222439 - 01/06/04 09:08 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

what is the difference between the high of the psilocybin e psilocin?
Thank you

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: difference between the high of the psilocybin e psilocin [Re: kottonmouthss]
    #2222443 - 01/06/04 09:10 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

There is no difference: psilocybin is converted into psilocin.

"The major psychedelic agent in psilocybian mushrooms is psilocybin, the first indole derivative discovered to contain phosphorus. When ingested, the phosphorus radical is immediately "dephosphorylated" by an intestinal enzyme, alkaline phosphatase, into psilocin and phosphoric acid." - Psychedelic Encyclopedia

Edited by Annom (01/06/04 09:21 AM)

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: difference between the high of the psilocybin e psilocin [Re: Annom]
    #2222512 - 01/06/04 10:20 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Hypothesis about synthetic psilocybin an psilocin effects:

"Many users feel that psilocybin and psilocin in synthetic form produce a more lucid mental state than the mushrooms; they also seem to provide more physical energy. Mushrooms generally have longer effects and are more sedating. These differences are probably caused by the presence of the psilocybin and psilocin analogues, which appear in small amounts but may act as sedatives. These analogues have so far been tested only animals" - Psychedelic Encyclopedia

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: So Cal
    #2222540 - 01/06/04 10:31 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I volunteer for testing them! :lol:

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: difference between the high of the psilocybin e psilocin [Re: nicechrisman]
    #2223062 - 01/06/04 02:27 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I would like to open this thread again,

The animal studies Peter Stafford referred by Peter Stafford in his book, "Psychedelic Encyclopedia," occured in the late 1950s to early 1962 and no psilocine was ever manufactured or marketed for human use. So no one can say that

Quote:

psilocybine and psilocine in synthetic form produce a more lucid mental state than the mushrooms.

And the psilocybine manufactured by Sandoz came in 2 milligram tablets making a dose of 5 to 8 tablets. And the come on brought about by the ingestion of pills was like drinking a potion of the shrooms (mushroom tea, smoothies, etc), very fast. If the shrooms are eaten slowly, over a peiod of twenty minutes or more for the dosage, than the shrooms come on slowly and moderately and smmothly in waves and ripples. In the former form, like a rocket taking off.

The Mazatec and other native peoples in and around the Oaxacan village of Huautla de Jimenez take 20 minuters or longer in consuming the dosage. They have been doing so for almost 3 millenia and they must surely know what they are doing and why they do it that way.

mj

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: difference between the high of the psilocybin e psilocin [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2223127 - 01/06/04 02:47 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Agreed, I posted the information to start a discussion about the subject. :smile:

Peter Stafford only gave a hypothesis about the subject; he told that "many"(what is many?) user feel those effects. I don't think it has anything to do with animal studies.

Do you know anything about other researches about this subject?

Edited by Annom (01/06/04 02:51 PM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2223569 - 01/06/04 05:24 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Only that I have the Bibliography of Entheogenic Shrooms with 2400 references, 8000 cross references and more athan 1700 annotations and 700 large photos with thumbnails available. All the clinical info is in there and it is only $39.99 pluss $5.99 S & H.

Sorry but that took 23 years to write.

mj

Also maybe you already are aare tha the Psychedelic Encyclopedia is no longer in print, a;lthough some copies may still be available. The book was suppose to be broken up into six separate booklets at 12.99 each. So Far the Psychedleics is available at Amazon as is the 2nd book form his large vol, Magic Mushrooms by Peter Stafford, however, the Ronin Publishers did not allow Pewter to change text, ther sis ome incorrect paragraphs with errors and it did manage to use about 25 of my photos to update it and combine the Amanita and Psilocybe into one book. The Ayahuuasca book was to be next but now they told Peter it is on Hold.

AS for the clinical research there are a few hundred papers listed in my bobliography on all clinical research in labs, with animals, a with humans, etc with fresh shrooms as well as clinical psilocine tablets known as indocybine.

mj

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #2224873 - 01/07/04 03:21 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Hey MJ, you are a nice and wise person. But your post attitude comes over as a bit arrogant on me. No offence intended.
I know Annom and I think he recently bought the Dutch version of "Psychedelic Encyclopedia"

--------------------
futuretribe.space

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2225062 - 01/07/04 05:24 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Only that I have the Bibliography of Entheogenic Shrooms with 2400 references, 8000 cross references and more athan 1700 annotations and 700 large photos with thumbnails available. All the clinical info is in there and it is only $39.99 pluss $5.99 S & H.

Sorry but that took 23 years to write.

I know, I know who you are and what you've done. Thanks for that, but that's not the point here. I only asked about research to the effects of synthetic psilocybin and psilocin.

I also know that the Psychedelics Encyclopedia is a little old and containing some errors, but it's an interesting read with much good information.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience