Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: harmful effects of mush? [Re: Dilauded]
    #1380508 - 03/16/03 08:09 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

how much do you lift and how much do you weigh?

I weigh around 185. Mostly concentrate on 20-rep squats and deadlifts these days - shifting 320 x 20 squat and 380 x 20 in the trap bar deadlift.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDilauded
Sensability andrespectability

Loc: Krunkville, FL
Re: harmful effects of mush? [Re: MightyQuinn]
    #1380566 - 03/16/03 08:35 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Responsible use of the mushroom is so totally safe for a mentally and physically healthy person...

Its ok in an extent but if you're an athelete and are aiming to be the best then don't need something like this to throw you off track

Quote:

Maybe the reason you notice these bad effects is that you're a person who classifies the mushrooms as a "drug" in the same category as drugs like cocaine or heroin... maybe you wanna investigate yr motivations in certain categories...

I've done a LOT of drugs over the course of my life so far, shrooms aren't the same as coke and heroin. I've tripped enough time on shrooms to realize how it affects me and what the side-effects are if I do trip. These are all NOT LONG-TERM effects, but they take a side road in life for a couple hours of a psychidelic adventure, a new outlook on the way of things, and its so damn fun.

I'M JUST TRYING TO GET THE POINT ACROSS THAT shrooms aren't good for you just as chugging a bottle of robitussin isn't good for you. I love shrooms very much, but they are not the best thing you should be feeding your body.

You can look at that wonderful psychedelic chemical psilocybin as a key to enlightenment and a shitload of fun or you can see it as another toxin jus as the toxins in non-psychidelic shrooms. Just because it's natural DOES NOT MEAN it can't hurt you. (Datura/Angel Trumpets)

OfflineDilauded

Re: harmful effects of mush? [Re: Xlea321]
    #1380583 - 03/16/03 08:43 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

That's not the kinda weight lifting I'm talking bout. Get into the Clean and Jerk or the Clean and Press. How can you run up to 3 miles and pump up your legs with slow twitching fibers? If you get into Clean n Jerk/Press you'll get a better work out and enter a world of explosion. It's an awsome feeling with the right form otherwise you could break ur neck or something else.

tripping usually exhausts my body for the next day or 2 then I'm back on the ball.

OfflineMightyQuinn
Eskimo
Loc: United States
    #1380676 - 03/16/03 09:23 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

>>I'M JUST TRYING TO GET THE POINT ACROSS THAT shrooms aren't good for you just as chugging a bottle of robitussin isn't good for you....<<

Meanwhile, I'm trying to get the point across that that's jjjjjust not true, buddy.

>>Tripping usually exhausts my body for the next day or 2 then I'm back on the ball. >>

Riding my bike 25 miles does the same thing to me. That doesn't mean it's bad for you.

If your only concern is that you won't be good enough at sports...
Don't trip before a meet.

--------------------
everybody's gonna want a dose.

Edited by MightyQuinn (03/16/03 09:24 AM)

Offlineconphormant
Stranger
Loc: Oregon
Re: harmful effects of mush? [Re: MightyQuinn]
    #1380821 - 03/16/03 10:13 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Well I know I feel worn out after I trip because its a very dramatic experience, its very stressful to my mind which effects the way my body functions. As far as psilocybin/cin itself actually being poisonous or carrying long-term risks in normal adults, that is just complete udder bullshit. I heard in middle school LSD made your brain bleed and it dripped down your spine.

--------------------
We are ghosts to ourselves as soon as we take the moment for granted. Troydank

OfflineB(O)uddha
I'm supposed togive a fuck?

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #1380970 - 03/16/03 10:57 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Holy fucking shit, I'm sure I have more brain damage from reading your fucking post, than doing mushrooms!  I'm not sure how you can even believe the stupid bullshit you spew! what a fucking moron you are!  :grin:

--------------------
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
-Buddha

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: harmful effects of mush? [Re: B(O)uddha]
    #1381126 - 03/16/03 11:39 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

hey don't be mean!!

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineDilauded

Re: harmful effects of mush? [Re: B(O)uddha]
    #1381345 - 03/16/03 12:58 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Guess my argument won?t stand up against a bunch of druggies.

Edited by Dilauded (03/16/03 01:02 PM)

OfflineDilauded

#1381391 - 03/16/03 01:16 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I want some medically documented proof that shrooms don't hurt you.

Only then will I believe.

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
    #1381405 - 03/16/03 01:22 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Dilouddude(sp? :wink: ) I am an older dude I have had a triple B/P cause of a fucked up angio.I am 45yrs old, I weigh 185@ 69" tall,I bench press 225 and can walk strait uphill all day long.........on 5g of good cubes :grin:
Point is ,yes fungi can be hard on some folks and others seem to use them like vitamins.I think it has to do with how one digests the fungal protein more than the drug psilocybin,which in small non abusive doses seems virtualy non-toxic.
Here's  a tip for using shrooms w/o physical problems.First have some nutes onboard while tripping and eat and drink light healthy food on come down.Second don't lose sleep to trip, take them early enough that you maintain a normal sleep pattern.Third have a light healthy breakfast when you wake up.Lastly If you are as serious about your bod as you sound then just freaking say NO! :grin:
Compared to the crapola "suppliments" folks take shrooms are probably far safer!
:wink:WR

--------------------
To old for this place

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1381983 - 03/16/03 05:42 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I want some medically documented proof that shrooms don't hurt you.

Well it comes around 400 places lower in the physical toxicity list than aspirin. Does that sound like a dangerous drug?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: harmful effects of mush? [Re: Xlea321]
    #1382685 - 03/17/03 03:45 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Dr. Gast?n Guzm?n (and his colleagues wrote that "field and laboratory studies strongly indicate that psychoactive mushroom use as it normally occurs does not constitute a drug abuse problem or a public health hazard" (Guzm?n et al., 1976). In addition, a recent survey conducted among college students in California, suggests that "the low frequency and few negative effects of [hallucinogenic mushroom] use indicate that abuse does not present a social problem, nor is there evidence for predicting the development of a problem" Thompson et al., 1985).

Guzm?n, Gast?n., Ott, Jonathan., Boydson, Jerry., and Steven Pollock. 1976. Psychotropic mycoflora of Washington, Idaho, Oregon, California and British Columbia, Canada. Mycologia vol. 68(6):1267-1272. November-December.
The occurrence, distribution and use of entheogenic fungi from the Pacific Northwest United States and Canada is presented.

Thompson, John P., Anglin, M. Douglas., Emboden, William and Dennis Gene Fisher. 1985. Mushroom use by college students. Journal of Drug Education vol. 15(2):111-124.
This study investigates the extend of entheogenic mushroom use among 1507 college students and compares mushroom users to non-users. Surveys were conducted at UCLA and at CSUN. The data suggests a high level of experimental use of mushrooms when compared to the experimental use of other entheogenic drugs.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

mjshroomer

Edited by mjshroomer (03/17/03 03:53 AM)

OfflineDilauded

Re: harmful effects of mush? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1382919 - 03/17/03 05:23 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

MJ, you must really be dumb.  Everybody knows that shrooms don't have any bad effects on the body.  :wink:

Anonymous

#1382982 - 03/17/03 05:49 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Your argument is retarded.

I've got nothing against shrooms but like ALL DRUGS they're bad for you, but they are really fun,
D-X

retarded.

Moderate doses of almost any drugs are very very safe. As long as you know what youre getting and how you react.

Also, experiences are incredibly sdubjective. Some people dont feel depleted, some do.

You cannot deny the experiences of others.

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #1383053 - 03/17/03 06:15 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I've got nothing against shrooms but like ALL DRUGS they're bad for you, but they are really fun

Mister G.W. Bush.... do a google search for shrooms and some other drugs and learn something about them.... don't believe all the Bush/US propaganda.... propaganda is more harmful than shrooms  :smirk: 

OfflineCryptic
WarpedCndn

Loc: Canada
    #1383163 - 03/17/03 06:53 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Dilauded, your possibly the stupidest person i have had the displeasure of having to read about in my life..

if your a athelete and your soo concerned about them affecting your physical shape, then do not do them, plain and fucking simple

I am an athelete too, they are yet to cause any problems with anything i do, Hockey, Rugby and my Weight Training still go on just as well as they normally do, and i stil perform just as well, or sometimes better then normal, because when on mushrooms i some times devise a new technique that helps me in my game.

your Argument is not working, mainly because we all know the psychosis you are in, i am not a druggie by any standards, i do my shroom trips 1 to 3 months apart, and thats the only drug i use, i wont even pop a Advil for a headache unless the pain is too severe and its stopping me from getting rest.

Its all in your head, if you think the shrooms are gunna hold you back from performing your best, they will.. if you dont think that way, they wont. but Drugs affect different people in different ways, so who knows.

And flaming MJ, who is a fuckload smarter then you, was not a good idea, nice way to get everyone on the boards thinking your such a great guy, for your future, i suggest you request your i.p. be banned and your account deleted, and that you move on with your life. alot of people arent going to want to associate or even bother conversing with you after your shit

--------------------
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

While the Trees Grow out of your Skin, Can i plant you so a forest will grow?
"When you want it, it goes away to Fast. Times you hate it always seem to last" - Marilyn Manson

OfflineTold
Artiest

Loc: Rockies
    #1383664 - 03/17/03 09:19 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

MJ, you must really be dumb.  Everybody knows that shrooms don't have any bad effects on the body.  :wink: 

werent you just being a tard about how they do harm you. fuck stick to one story. ive heard that if you just do them in moderation you'll be fine.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
    #1383738 - 03/17/03 09:40 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, everybody CHILL OUT. I'm going to END this argument right now.

Dilauded, you seem to think that mushrooms deplete serotonin. This is absolutely false. You are confusing mushrooms with Ecstasy. Psilocybin mimics serotonin. It outcompetes serotonin for receptor sites in the brain and causes neurons to fire differently than with endogenous neurotransmitters. Ecstasy (MDMA) on the other hand triggers your brain to unload all its stored serotonin. This is why people get depressed after taking ecstasy. There is a severe down after using it because your brain doesn't have anymore serotonin to keep your brain functioning normally.

There are no medical documents proving that mushrooms don't deplete serotonin, but this is only because there are no medical professionals who believe this could be the case. MDMA depletes serotonin for sure, so compare the come-downs of mushrooms and MDMA. Are they comparable? Obviously not.

Your website PubMed doesn't seem to have the evidence to support your argument. Most of the studies involving psilocybin are about cognition, what geometric patterns tell us about the visual cortex, and things like that.

Your link: "The effect of Psilocybe cubensis extract on hippocampal neurons in vitro."
This paragraph doesn't say anything to support psilocybin's toxicity. It's about what part of a rat's brain gets stimulated by psilocin. Also, the rat's are dead. In vitro.

I've got nothing against shrooms but like ALL DRUGS they're bad for you, but they are really fun,

Dilauded, if you want to find the key to why people are flaming you, examine a statement like this, I'm afraid it comes across as being pretty ignorant. Heroine, for example, has no negative side effects. You can do heroine every day and sit on your couch and probably be healthier than someone who eats junk food and watches TV on their couch. Your brain is certainly getting more excericise. Water also has no negative side effects, but you can die from drinking too much, same way you can die on heroine. What I'm trying to say is that you really can't write off "drugs" as bad for you. If you ate lemons non-stop, man you'd get sick. Does that mean they're bad for you? By your logic, yes.

So what's the mushroom LD50 for humans? Nobody knows exactly, but in rats, 280 mg/Kg (Intra-veinous) in mice, 285 mg/Kg, and in rabbits 12.5 mg/kg. A dose for your average human is what, 35 MG? 40 mg? And in case you don't know, the LD50 dose is when 50% of the dosed creatures die.

Anyway I think rather than telling us to produce documents proving that mushrooms AREN'T harmful physically, you should produce documents proving that they are. You telling us to prove that mushrooms aren't harmful is like me saying "Prove to me with medical documents that lettuce DOESN'T eat your muscles from the inside out." Obviously such a study doesn't exist, does that mean I'm right? Of course not.

Also, remember that you saying that your muscles ache after mushroom use is not evidence of any kind. It's completely subjective, and you are not under strict laboratory controls. If medicine was based on testimony like yours, we'd be nowhere, because without carefully controlled studies, we don't REALLY know anything. Anything could be causing yoru sore muscles, but you attribute it to mushrooms because you are functioning under the assumption that "DRUGS" are "BAD" for your health.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: harmful effects of mush? [Re: Dogomush]
    #1383812 - 03/17/03 10:01 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Oh one more thing.. this is about the "Drugs are bad for you" statement.

DMT.. Dimethyltryptamine. A super-hallucinogenic molecule closely related to mushrooms. It's a drug, so it's bad for you, right? Oh wait, it's produced by your own brain. I guess we're on a cerebral suicide mission eh? You'd think we'd phase it out if that were the case. BTW Psilocin (What psilocybin turns into when it hits your stomach) is 4-hydroxy Dimethyltryptamine. See why so many people think it doesn't do damage? It's very similar to your own neurotransmitters like DMT, and it's model of action is that it hangs out in your brain for a bit and then is cleanly metabolized and purged after some time.

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: harmful effects of mush? *DELETED* [Re: MightyQuinn]
    #1385442 - 03/17/03 05:08 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale