Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBlue_JAY
Stylin MOFO

Loc: CANADA
It's Ok to say No???
    #1368552 - 03/12/03 07:43 AM (21 years, 21 days ago)

I have been a daily marijuana smoker for the past 6-7 years. The longest I think I have been without a "hoot" was like 6 days. Now I have met the love of my life. Now, She has quit smoking pot and cigs, she kinda hints to me that she would like me to to the same. I tried to quit smoking cigs but when I get high I always smoke a cig. I really don't like getting high around her, cuz it makes me all stupid, and shit. I love this girl more then these stupid habits. Over the years it seems that I have nothing but stoner friends, and all we do is get high.
Anyone long time smokers quit??? Any pro's and cons for me??? Any hints, tricks, advice, storys?????
-Thanks

--------------------
"Only the paranoid survive"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #1

Re: It's Ok to say No??? [Re: Blue_JAY]
    #1368566 - 03/12/03 07:49 AM (21 years, 21 days ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineBlue_JAY
Stylin MOFO

Re: It's Ok to say No??? [Re: ]
    #1368671 - 03/12/03 08:22 AM (21 years, 21 days ago)

You got it all wrong.......

She dosen't care if I quit or not. She has not once nagged or bugged me to quit. I just kinda feel like I'm ready to quit. I was more looking for People to tell me postive things about quiting, and ways to avoid always getting high.

--------------------

Edited by Blue_JAY (03/12/03 08:24 AM)

Offlinephishytrip
Gillious Supreme
Male User Gallery

Loc: AZ, USA
    #1368873 - 03/12/03 09:33 AM (21 years, 21 days ago)

i quit for 8 monthes, and i have been smoker since 11...pot head since 13 and im 19 now. from 17 to 18 i went a long stretch without pot...well 5 of those monthes were in jail and then i had drug tests for alittle. for those 8 monthes i had alot of clarity. i felt smarter, more ambisious (sp) and more outgoing, im thinking about quitting pot again becuase im getting really lazy. although i dont think i could ever quit cigs

--------------------
Eram quod es; eris quod sum

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: phishytrip]
    #1369102 - 03/12/03 10:39 AM (21 years, 21 days ago)

OfflineBlue_JAY
Stylin MOFO

Re: It's Ok to say No??? [Re: matts]
    #1369449 - 03/12/03 12:55 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

Thank you Matts
That was exacly what I needed to hear!!!! I am in the same boat you used to be in, and it's time I did a 180 with my life also. Tonight was the first night that I acually turned down my friends. It was hard to say 'No Thanks" when they passed the joint to me, But I did. Then they kept asking me why I didn't wanna get high. I made up a excuse about hating being all "burnt out all the time". I didn't want to tell them the truth becuase there lives revolve around the herb. I felt kinda akward being around them sober when they were all blasted, So Ieft. Thanks again Matts

--------------------

Offlinejarby
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1369587 - 03/12/03 01:39 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

Blue JAY, I fell the same way you do. But I'm not doing it because I have a girlfriend, I had a huge anxiety attack the other week and about all week. The whole time, naturally, I thought I was dying. You may or may not know that during a panic attack you have difficulty breathing. Well being the paranoid person I am, I thought I had lung cancer (Ridiculous! I've only been smoking for about 9 months). I was so mad at myself, and only then did I realize how stupid smoking pot is. I looked at my friends in such a different way, some of them are such loosers. Prior to this, I had tried turning down joints before, but its so hard. I mean, you think that peer pressure doesn't really exist, but then when your friends say "why wouldn't you want to get high?" and then offer it for free, for some reason it is impossible to turn it down.

Anyways after I found out they were anxiety attacks, and not lung cancer, and that they were triggered by stress and depression, I realized that this was coming from pot. So I decided this time I really wanted to stop. The next weekend I was able to turn down all the weed I was offered, but my friends looked down on me for it.

The following weekend, I caved, twice in a row (just one more time). The problem is, if I stop altogether, and tell them, they won't understand, and also, I'll end up loosing (basically) my only friends. I mean I have some other non-druggie friends, but they don't have enough in common for me to be friends with out side of school. My best friend moved to the states about a month before I got into this whole pot thing and I can safely say my life would be so different if he hadn't left.

Unfortunatly, giving up my current friends means no more shrooms. I don't wanna trip alone, and honestly these people are funny and cool to hang out with, but would never understand someone hanging out with them who didn't burn all the time (I'd still do it on special occasions - mainly just concerts).

This is going nowhere really, just sort of an example of what peer pressure is like. Anyway, if you wanna stop, the only definite way to do so is to loose your pot smoking friends. Its too awkard being around them when they're high and your sober, so they'll realize that, and eventually would 'abandon' you. Good luck.

OfflineBlue_JAY
Stylin MOFO

Re: It's Ok to say No??? [Re: jarby]
    #1369677 - 03/12/03 02:04 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

"I'll end up loosing (basically) my only friends. I mean I have some other non-druggie friends, but they don't have enough in common for me to be friends with out side of school"

I feel the same way about friends jarby. It's hard being the loner.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #1369735 - 03/12/03 02:21 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

Good for you man ! After the first few times of cannabis intoxication, one doesn't even get 'high' anymore. One quickly incorporates the new state of being and that is that. The years of use after that is just about dumbing down, spacing out, escaping difficult emotions, procrastination, paranoia, apatheia, false hunger, red eyes, etc. In other words, it's just side effects. Meanwhile one becomes increasingly, dumb, lazy, socially and emotionally stunted. I used cannabis from New Years Eve 1969 to sometime in the early 80's. It caused major detours and setbacks. There's nothing to miss about it except it's associations with my teenage and college years.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineBlue_JAY
Stylin MOFO

Re: It's Ok to say No??? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1369799 - 03/12/03 02:39 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

It's good to see I'm not the only one who feels like this:)

--------------------

OfflineGWAR
Scumdog of theUniverse
 User Gallery

Loc: Antarctica
    #1369944 - 03/12/03 03:12 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

matts, I think you brought up a lot of really good points, and way to go on quitting smoking pot.. but to call 'pot truly evil'?? I think that's going a little to far.

I used to be a huge fucking pothead, I still smoke a fair bit, but not like I used to. I realized that being a complete chronic is pretty fucking lame if you can't afford it and are still going to school. A lot of my friends are pretty big stoners though, I still associate with them, but if anything their behaviour encourages me to stay a casual smoker. When I see them scraping they're pipes bitching about not having any weed, and having to go to class without a buzz, I just think about the 1/8th sitting in my room that I won't be smoking 'till the weekend. I don't need to get high to go to class, but it's still fun once in awhile.

My dad, who quit smoking for many years, started again, and it's probably the only enjoyment he gets. He makes a lot of money working at his job, but he still supports my mom and my 2 siblings, and to some degree me as well (I live in another town with my grandparents, I stayed here to finish school when they moved) They spend all his money, and he works all day, everyday. I noticed a huge positive change in my dad when he started smoking again, he is a lot more understanding and easy going than he ever was when I was younger. He told me he wished he had never quit, that he would have been a better parent if he was stoned. And while that sounds bad on the surface, it's true.

--------------------

"Freedom to all the people... Brave, true and strong... Freedom to all the people... Unless I think you're wrong!!!"

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1369998 - 03/12/03 03:25 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

I've taken a huge break from pot before. At the time, I was friends with a lot of stoners, but I told them straight out that I needed to take a break. They never hassled me into trying to smoke with them, because they respected my decision, and ANYONE who's your friend should. If I'm smoking up with some people, and I pass to someone, and they say "Nah" then I nod, and pass to whoever wants to smoke. Complete free will. Thankfully I never became friends with the people that sit around all day, do NOTHING but smoke pot and are basically losers. After that break, I one day decided to smoke again. I had proven that I COULD pretty much quit out of nowhere if I needed to. Not many people took me seriously until a few times I turned their offer down for a free smoke.
But basically, if you want to quit, or cut down, tell your friends that smoke "OK, I'm quitting/taking a break, and I need your help to do so. Please don't go pressuring me to smoke when I say no." and they SHOULD say "OK man, that's cool". If not, then ditch them. One of my good friends doesn't smoke pot anymore, and I'm completly fine with that!
And no, pot isn't truly evil. I have recently got my life into gear, and pursuing a career in computers, AND I still smoke pot at least once a week. You can either be a lazy ass and sit around all day and smoke, or you can get out there and get a job that you want.

OfflineGWAR
Scumdog of theUniverse
 User Gallery

Loc: Antarctica
Re: It's Ok to say No??? [Re: Sheepish]
    #1370067 - 03/12/03 03:45 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

^^^^
exact same thing happened to me!! no one beleive that i could take the break, and fuck, you should have seen the joints going around that i passed up! this guy i sorta knew (i had bought acid from him before) came up to my friends apartment shit, and he rolled up one of those huge kulu joints, and he just packed that fucking thing till no more weed could possibly fit it... damn, it was tempting, but i didn't take even one toke. I have a lot of willpower :smile:

--------------------

"Freedom to all the people... Brave, true and strong... Freedom to all the people... Unless I think you're wrong!!!"

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1370076 - 03/12/03 03:48 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

once you realize how awesome life can be without putting any foreign chemicals into your body, running only on the chemicals that your own body naturally produces; quitting pot will not be a hard thing to accomplish.

if you think it's something you really want to do, something that would make you feel better about yourself and happier with you you are, then go for it! and good luck in whatever you choose to do, my friend!

-rebelsteve

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineBlue_JAY
Stylin MOFO

Re: It's Ok to say No??? [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1370313 - 03/12/03 04:51 PM (21 years, 21 days ago)

Thanks for the advice and support. 5 shrooms to all of u

--------------------

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: Blue_JAY]
    #1371566 - 03/13/03 04:49 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #1372011 - 03/13/03 07:29 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

"I'll end up loosing (basically) my only friends. I mean I have some other non-druggie friends, but they don't have enough in common for me to be friends with out side of school"

I feel the same way about friends jarby. It's hard being the loner.

you wont loose friends if you refrain...if they are your friends they always will be...they would respect you and encourage you to do what you wish to do, if that respect isnt there are they your friends. most people you call your friends arent, simple fact, they are time fillers, there are millions out there but how many can you count on...

dont quit associating with them based on the fact you no longer a little weed in common with them, just let them know you wanna be clean for a while.

P#1

OfflineBlueLemming
Glowing Worm

#1372152 - 03/13/03 08:14 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Women and love the anti-drug, heh.  Well Blue_Jay I was once in almost the same situation you were except I had been trying to cut back my pot use at the time.  I was a steady pot smoker for about 3 years.  It started out just relaxing and occasionally smoking pot and then it turned into pretty much everything I did.  For about 1 and a half to 2 years my life slowly began to revolve around pot.  Everything I did or wanted to do always involved pot.  It was this mindset where if I wasn't high there wouldn't be anything to do.  Well I wasn't alone this was the same thing with about 4 or 5 of my buddies.  The thought had crossed my mind we were just pot friends because when we sobered up we would just get bored and agitated with each other.  Wow was this a vicious spiral downward.  Fortunately about a year and a half ago I started to realize how badly I needed a break from it.  Everyone was at each others throats and my grades were dropping drastically in school along with my cares for anything besides getting high.  It can really help you escape from reality thats for sure.  I mean don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with pot but I was using it irresponsibly.

Well I started to ease off of the weed and slowly start to back out of the circle of pot friends.  At first it was really difficult and hard to say no I don't want to come out and smoke.  Afterall this was a drastic change and I was bored out of my mind for quite some time.  Well I went could turkey and just completely said no to pot for a period of about 4 months.  In this time period I became slightly depressed because I realized how much pot had taken over and negatively impacted my life.  My grades were complete shit and I hadn't really done anything in those 2 years that was entertaining, fun, or even enjoyable except when I was high.  It was all a blur.  Well I looked back on how my friends acted and treated each other and how many of the people whos lives revolved around weed were living, WHOA I realized there was no way I wanted to be like that.  I started to percieve how I must have appeared to anyone I interacted with, a complete idiot who just smoked pot 24/7.  I decided I was going to pursue my interests take the initiative and do something for myself; find what makes me happy and I enjoy doing. 

This was the best choice I could have made and it was much needed.  At first it will be rough and you will be bored and you won't know what to do with yourself.  Calm down, relax, breathe, and enjoy the present; don't focus on the past or the future.  You will probably regret alot of things but thats in the past and just allow it to make you stronger rather than dwell on it.  Whats done is done.  Try hiking, camping, art, music, reading, anything you can think of.  For a while I had NO friends; not a single one.  I didn't have anything in common with anyone unless they smoked.  I realized the only thing I had in common with my old friends was some music and weed.  You have to get out there and interact and talk to people.  You're sure to find people that aggravate you but along with them Im sure you'll find a group of people you can really connect and communicate with. It may seem bad at a period of time and more beneficial to go back to the strictly pot friends but don't, you'll appreciate your choice later.  This is just my opinion but it really helped in my past situation.

My current girlfriend who I have been with almost a year means everything to me.  I have no desire to smoke but I will do other things in moderation.  Pot really blinded me for a period of time, perhaps I was too young and irresponsible.  Just being with her is all I need and as in your situation if im high around her I usually end up wishing I was sober.  I realized how ridiculous and negative some of my old friends.  I have very few friends now but the few are very close friends.  Im not saying to turn into an ignorant yuppy or anything of the sort but maybe just chill with the pot for a bit and let your mind clear then make your decision.  I also used to smoke cigarettes but no longer do that either.  Good Luck, I think your heart will help lead you into a more peaceful enviornment. :smile:
:grin:

--------------------
-BlueLemming

OfflineGreenGuys420
a gyrl who luvssmokin'
Loc: Chi-Town
    #1373641 - 03/13/03 05:20 PM (21 years, 20 days ago)

F*CK THAT! There aint no way in hell, i would stop smokin bud, because my man wants me too. I see it as..... they knew you did it when they fell in luv with you, so y stop just because they feel like being a lame? Do what you want, you only live once, baby! Smoke up!! :wink:

--------------------
smokin' is tight...all day and all night!!

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #1374826 - 03/14/03 04:22 AM (21 years, 19 days ago)

Edited by TheHateCamel (12/05/07 09:35 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals