Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Quitting smoking, oooooh aaaaah!! Breathe in, breathe out...
    #2435054 - 03/15/04 01:13 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

I'm putting down cigarettes after 20 years, and i desperately need your help to stay quit.

I have quit since I woke up this morning, I have not smoked any cigarettes today.

Every 20 seconds or so, there comes another urge to pick one up!!!

I am not going to smoke cigarettes, if I would have continued to smoke cigarettes, judging from my lung functionality, I'd probably have died within 15 years.

Help me not smoke, if I don't quit now, this time now, I never will!

What should I do besides maybe chew up some pencils?

HELLLLLLP!!!!  :thumbup:

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Edited by Lightningfractal (03/15/04 10:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: HELP ME OR ELSE I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!! [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #2435069 - 03/15/04 01:16 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Pencils help.

Every time you get a craving, do 20 pushups or situps. I don't know if it will help, but you will get in shape.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: HELP ME OR ELSE I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!! [Re: Rose]
    #2435187 - 03/15/04 01:49 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Excersise and cleaning is the order of the day. Also fresh fruit and vegetables. I'm going to tie this in to a whole entire lifestyle change.

I read somewhere that smoking goes right along with a weak mindset. Lack of excercise, lazyness, bad eating, smoking, all contribute to one another.

I have been guilty of all of these lately, and I am pulling the plug on it today, beginning with the hardest one , the smoking.

After I post this I'm going to go do some cleaning, and then I think I'll go get some fruits and fresh salad vegetables from the store, breathe in the fresh air ya know?

Are there any "herbologists" on here who can recommend to me any herbal drinks or whatever that can clean out my system or otherwise lessen cravings, anything beneficial in this regard?

Thanks!

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ)
    #2435191 - 03/15/04 01:51 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

You just have to say...NO MORE!!!! Go take a shower,take a walk, chew gum,try the patch or inhaler,have sex with your honey,carry a pocket full of mint candies, smoke more weed,whatever works, Substitute!!!! I quit tobacco Dec. 22,2003 after over 30 years of puffing. It hurt for a week or so, but it has to happen. You know how John Wayne, Yul Brenner and thousands others quit?? ________ DEATH!! I used that nicotine inhaler for maybe a week.That shit tasted so nasty, it made quitting kinda easy.I don't even think about it now, even when pounding beers.BTW, my doc says thats next!! I'm not gonna say good luck, just DO IT !!

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2435197 - 03/15/04 01:52 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Good luck, man!    :thumbup:

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: HELP ME OR ELSE I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!! [Re: MOTH]
    #2435582 - 03/15/04 03:33 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Thanks! So far so good, I got a rack of fresh vegetables, soy milk, Ginseng tea, peppermints, gums, and stuff.

I heard the first 3 days are the most terrible, then after that it's a lot easier and more managable. Can anyone confirm this?

--------------------

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #2435611 - 03/15/04 03:38 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...sb=5&o=&fpart=1

its a little different of an outlook when you feel like you are going to die  :crazy:
expect a PM later

OfflineBleaK
paradox
    #2435661 - 03/15/04 03:52 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

my friend just quit smoking after like 12 years. he did say the first week was kinda hell, but he was in jail at the time anyway... after that it got alot easier, and hes been getting way into shape.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2435755 - 03/15/04 04:21 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Dont break! Keep yourself strong! Always do something and whatever you do dont drink alcohol cause that makes you smoke. Just keep strong, chew alot of gum and do alot of stuff... and if you are first gonna do stuff do stuff that will keep you healthy and in shape. Maybe my post in this forum, "Dr. Filthysock..." can give you some ideas, I swear when you get into shape and get healthy and have killed your adiction you will get sick to your stoumach after half a cigarette if you tried. You could also use dip and when you are used to dip after lets say a month quitting dip is easy as pie. Then you are finally nicotine free.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
    #2436405 - 03/15/04 07:13 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Get yourself a new hobby! I'm battling the booze at the moment and have taken up producing my own music. I get so involved in the track I'm making I totally forget about the alcohol and ciggies. :laugh:

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
Re: HELP ME OR ELSE I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!! [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #2436641 - 03/15/04 08:04 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

each day gets eaiser, if ya make it a full 24 hours your doing good and by day 3 you'll be breezing...you can do it, have faith

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: HELP ME OR ELSE I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!! [Re: peleg]
    #2436937 - 03/15/04 09:00 PM (20 years, 8 days ago)

Thanks everyone!! I drank some beers tonight, I'm not quitting beer, right now anyway. I had a pack of mints in my pocket and whenever i would reach for my "cigarettes", instead I found the mints and had one of those.

it's harder with alcohol not to smoke cigarettes, but I have decided that I am quitting smoking cigarettes no matter what, so alcohol shouldn't matter because I'm not quitting drinking right now, if ever, just cigarettes.

I still haven't smoked, and if I do anything it's gonna be dip, I'm not putting my lungs through anything more.

Except pot, pot smoke will probably heal my lungs anyways.

No more cigarettes though, and I have stuck with it. I have 3 unopened packs of Marlboros 2 feet from me right now, and I'm gonna get a refund for those.

One thing I have already noticed is that fresh air smells fresher, and food tastes more pure. Why the hell did I ever start smoking something that didn't even get me high?

I swear I'll never know!

Thanks everyone, I'm not in as much a panic as this morning, I hope it gets even easier as time goes by.

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#2437473 - 03/15/04 11:24 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

getting ready for bed now, no cigarette, no dip either all day long!

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#2439429 - 03/16/04 01:17 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Day 2, it really sucks, but better than yesterday. Still have not smoked at all, nor ingested nicotine from any alternate source either!  :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
    #2440046 - 03/16/04 03:39 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

it will continue to get better then if ya smell one it will be such a stinch, puke, your doing good hang in der

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: HELP ME OR ELSE I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!! [Re: peleg]
    #2440770 - 03/16/04 07:21 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

Wait till you start dreaming about smoking cigarettes.Cigarettes taunt you it seems to me. I cant quit the bastards but ive been trying i know how you feel.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: HELP ME OR ELSE I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!! [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #2445646 - 03/17/04 11:21 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

End of day three, all is well.

--------------------

Offlinetemperance
ma[ybe]gician

Loc: southern ca
Re: HELP ME OR ELSE I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!! [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #2445672 - 03/17/04 11:29 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

The_Red_Crayon said:
Wait till you start dreaming about smoking cigarettes.

That happened to me for about a year after I quit smoking, but it never made me want one when I woke up. It only made me feel like "AH FUCKIN SHIT! I FAILED AND SMOKED A CIG!"

keep it up lightningfractal :thumbup: :thumbup:.

--------------------
It may be best to not take anything I say too seriously because I surely don't. Anything I say may be subject to revision at any time by any person, place, thing, or catastrophic event. And please don't call me Shirley.

Offlineshaggy101
Male

#2445974 - 03/18/04 01:49 AM (20 years, 5 days ago)

alright I will just post this :cool:

First there are many ways to quit cigarettes
and many combonations of things that will help..my reccomendation? whatever works!

lets break it down

what are you trying to quit?
a addiction that will eventually kill you, or at the least make your life miserable.
I stand by that statement.
therefore if you dont choose to quit..well draw your own conclusions :laugh:

so we have concluded that we have to quit right?
lets look at the addiction.

nicotine, the addictive drug.
a horrible thing, no matter how much we have enjoyed it in the past, we have confirmed it will kill us so it must go.
how?
for me I had the will to just do it.
Every person who quits has amzing will-power IMO.
although it is a absolutely horrible feeling..skin crawling..blood boiling... what is a few weeks of your life right?

I mean seriously if you have decided to quit, then look at your  calendar and cross off the next three weeks..they are gone..no fun..no nothing, just will power and misery.

But isnt that good news, I mean its only three weeks :crazy:
and you will feel alot better after that.

so we got
-the patch
-the gum
-the inhaler

I support all of these..
The important thing to remember is that it will go away..the physical addiction ends. period.

Now we got the mental addiction, the fact that for many YEARS of your life you have been smoking, for pretty much every reason you could think up..
as a treat, as a ending point, to calm our nerves
for something to do..etc..

This is a harder thing in the long run IMO.

but immediately we must break this one down aswell..

what is it..?

Well for one we know about the basic hand to mouth nature we all seem to have.  All life eats, and most life had appendages therefore, we have evolved with a natural weakness to ciggarettes.

there are ways to fight this though.
first off mind over matter.
the best way to beat the mental addiction, is by staying busy.

do it to it mang, whatever it is..work,food(u can loose wieght later, play, hobbies, sex, drugs , alchohol..others may disagree with the last two but they greatly helped me!

just go from thing to thing..when somethings done, on to something else, if a break is needed, i suggest meditation, food, or candy..
but in the end we must work at breaking away from the oral fixation(meditation highly recomended)

yet lets be straight, we are focusing on the first few months of quitting and as they say..all is fair in love and war, and this most certainly is war.
therefore we use whatever tactics we must use to win :thumbup:

mental aids
-gum
-seeds
-candy
-drugs and alchohol
-food
-straw/pencil etc.(act like your smoking :wink:)
-water
-sex
-meditation
-prayer
-exercise
-relatioships& good coversation

and most importantly..your PASSION

whatever it is, delve into head first and get deep into it.
I played guitar for days when I quit :nut:
lets not forget that there was a time BEFORE cigarettes in all of our lives.

I think it is important also to look at the spiritual aspects of addiction.

We are all searching..I Know I am.
The truth is our nature is to want, whether it be physical, emotional or spiritual
we  want something.

admitting that, and seeing how YOU fill these "voids" of want is important in the long term.

Now in the long term after seeing this it is up to You to find out what it is that we are missing..I wont presume to tell you.

But if you seek truely you will immediately begin to see.

anyway I dont want to take too much of a spiritual direction here so..

thats about it

after you have succesfully broken the habit, you will be released and new doors will open for you!

here is a day during the quitting proccess I reccomend..

Wake up
blink :wink:
Drink some water
jump into shower
eat
meditate-visualize your day
when in car to go to work or school, turn radio up loudly and ..SING at the top of your lungs..get into it man!

once at destination..go into routine and engage into conversations and tasks thoroughly..try to get as much satisfaction as possible from every thing you do.

FIRST BREAK-ahhhhhh :eek:
breath wheel be ok
I would like to recomend what I did.. but from what I understand, it doesnt work for most people.

therefore
meditate(yes again;))
and/or
hit up the mental aids list

I would also reccomend skipping breaks, as they may make it to hard.
I want to re-state that engaging whole heartedly in conversation can work wonders..friends are veeeerry helpful whilst quitting.

at lunch repeat the break proccess..but EAT EAT EAT!!
get into that food man.
after meal cigarette?  I dont think so!
hit up the mental aids

while working the rest of the day stay focused on what you are doing.
when you get off..well you dont!!

hehe..go home and get into something.
I am not saying dont relax, just dont ever be  done doing things..because we all know what we do after we accomplkish something.
for the first few weeks a reccomend waring yourself out..mentaly and physically.
exercise is VERY helpful.

a few medatation tips
do what you do (clear your mind..visualize, whatever)

try after your normal meditation when in a soothed state to visualize yourself life, look and see what cigarettes have done to you, and see who you are where and will be.

also see http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1          < this thread for more helpful hints.

To end I will share my experience.
its a little different from the norm(if that exists)

I was a smoker for 12 years, 10 of them being a pack day.
I have asthma so I knew I needed to quit.
I could literally feel my lung capacity leesening.

I wanted to quit for 3 years before i finally did..and how, I simply decided it was time and that  I must

my honor was on the line..so I did
and I had no aid.
three weeks were HELL.
I did a strange thing though..if someone was smoking I went with them.
my logic is the whole world aint quitting just me, and I aint gonna stop taking breaks, so, I sat out in the cold with the smokers and ate candy as they puffed away.
I also continued to go to bars and force myself to deal with the corralation between alchohol and ciggarettes. I was succesful.

Its been nearly five months and I am now a non smoker :cool:

I still occasionally have head trips..but I am ok

I hope some of that helps,
and remember in the end you will quit..no matter how many times you fail,

you have the will to win,
and in the end  you will  succeed!

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: HELP ME OR ELSE I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!! [Re: shaggy101]
    #2447026 - 03/18/04 12:14 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

Thanks everyone. WOW shaggy, that's awesome!!

I'm finding that it's true what I've heard, the first 3 days are the worst.

Man, food tastes sooooooooo good now!! No tar covering my taste buds.

--------------------

Invisibleoneducktwoducks
    #2447145 - 03/18/04 12:50 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

I don't have any experience with quitting cigarettes, but I do have a story for you. Both of my parents smoked. When they wanted to have me, my mom tried to quit twice, but couldn't, then finally when she got pregnant, she finally forced herself to quit. My dad quit years later. A few years later they split up. My dad was on vacation in Mexico with his girlfriend (the reason my parents divorced), and he was drunk as hell and picked up a cigarette like it was second nature. One cigarette and he relapsed. I was probably 12 or 13 when he started smoking again. In the next few years I did every thing I could to get him to quit, he tried patches, pills, everything, but he couldn't quit. So now I'm 18 years old, my father has passed on, I saw him in his final days and it KILLS me EVERY single day thinking of how much he is missing in my life and how I took his time for granted all these years. He'll never see me graduate from college, get my first real job, my first house, my first child. He's gone. And on his deathbed, when he was hooked up to all those wires and shit, the device they put on your finger to measure you heart rate has a light at the end of your finger. He thought it was a light cigarette and he kept trying to take drags from his finger. Till the end.

Stick with it man, and never touch them again. Just think about what your loved ones would go through without you there.

InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery
    #2448208 - 03/18/04 04:42 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

I just quit today cold turkey......so far so good I didnt yell at the guy who called the wrong number twice or my stupid friend who knows I just quit and called to ask if I wanna go drinking... now to get past survivor and late nite tv without a beer or smoke.

--------------------
:awesome:

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Re: HELP ME OR ELSE I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!! [Re: oneducktwoducks]
    #2449404 - 03/18/04 09:42 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

Im sorry for your loss :frown:
I am watching the same happen in my family, that is where my passion against cigs comes from.

InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Loc: Hootersville
Re: Quitting smoking, oooooh aaaaah!! Breathe in, breathe out... [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #2449532 - 03/18/04 10:10 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

You can do it.What helped me is that I got mad.Mad at the big tobacco companies fucking me over and me just taking it.Don't take their shit any longer,FIGHT BACK.
Drink plenty of water and keep yourself busy. Also deep breathing excersises help. Don't let anyone get on your nerves and have you start up again. You're doing this for you and it's once of the best things you can do for yourself. Good Luck. :thumbup:

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: Quitting smoking, oooooh aaaaah!! Breathe in, breathe ou [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #2449650 - 03/18/04 10:50 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

Yeah, keep it up, man.

My dad quit smoking 4 years ago after smoking for 30 years.
You can tell in his every day life, he smiles more, is much more relaxed and I worry about him less (plus his health reports come back better every single time).
He used Wellbutrin to help him quit, but if you can do it cold turkey, more power to you!

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Offlineshaggy101
Male

#2449766 - 03/18/04 11:14 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

keep it up man
I know you can

some goes for that damn drunk Irish man :nut:

Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

Loc: in the middle of everywhe...
Re: HELP ME OR ELSE I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!! [Re: shaggy101]
    #2450161 - 03/19/04 12:26 AM (20 years, 4 days ago)

Today it has been a week for me without ciggapoops. I" am doing very well, not haaving that many cravings.I am almost positive that im going all out because i want to live longer and have more money. 3 bucks a day adds up.

I have been taking wellbutrin XL. It works pretty well.. It is the time release welbutrin. And i still go out and stand with my friends that smoke and dont really have craving that bad.

You have to sike yourself out in a way and will power all the way.
Ive been a smoker for only 2 years but that 2 years to many. That is a lot and money and less good health.

You can do it, dont give up and start up again.

--------------------

buisness is kickin yo butt

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: HELP ME OR ELSE I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!! [Re: oneducktwoducks]
    #2453939 - 03/20/04 10:22 AM (20 years, 3 days ago)

I'm sorry to hear of your loss bro. I'm quitting to save my health and life.

One other time I quit with the help of patches and I quit for a couple of months. About a week after I took the last patch off I wen't to a headshop and bought some of those tobacco-less cigarettes. Man they were nasty, and all they did was make me wan't a real cigarette more.

Then I was riding in the car drinking beers and I got the idea that I "owed it to myself" to be able to smoke a couple cigarettes while I'm drinking.

I got a pack of marlboro with the idea of just smoking one or two while drinking. Of course, you can guess the rest.

So now, I have decided to quit with no crutch at all. Just cold turkey and willpower.

If I fail and pick up a cigarette it's O.K. blah, blah, blah. I have made a plan NOT to fail, I think that this is the only way. If I allow myself "wiggle room" like that, I'm sure I'll have a harder time staying stopped.

So, it's NO cigarettes, no tobacco, ever, ever again. that means blunts too. I'm gonna smoke mad pot, but I'm gonna turn down any and all blunts.

It's like the shit they say in those A.A. meetings for alcoholics, except for me it's cigarettes.

I'm one cigarette away from illness and death.

Anyway, I'm still on course, thanks to everyone who is behind me. And the best of luck to everyone else who is quitting along with me. It CAN be done, what's a little pain when your whole life is at stake? Nothing worthwhile is ever easy anyhow.

peace
:mushroom2:

--------------------

Offlineshaggy101
Male

#2453972 - 03/20/04 10:35 AM (20 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

So now, I have decided to quit with no crutch at all. Just cold turkey and willpower.

good :cool:

im proud of ya Lf
and what your saying is exactly what worked for me, although I like to impress on people its ok if you fail( so the'll try again)
It wasnt ok for me to fail
thats what I said the last time I quit
and it just so happens I have stayed quit

Offlineoggleman
Stranger
Male
Loc: Chicago
    #2454048 - 03/20/04 11:14 AM (20 years, 3 days ago)

Nice, trying not to reiterate what has already been said, here's my take on quitting smoking.

When you quit smoking you will get the one downside of intense cravings, but you will also get a multitude of upsides, I could go on forever but some of the most obvious ones are:  more energy, more lung capacity, you'll save money, you're confidence will go up, food will taste better, you wont smell like smoke anymore, you wont have a smoker's cough, your immune system will be better, and so on and so on.

You have a lot of upsides, so the idea is to do things which make these upsides more pronounced, which will make the cravings easier to deal with.  These effects start like one hour after your last cigarette and continue until about 15 years after your last cigarette.  That is a long time to enjoy the benefits of quitting smoking.  Things that have worked for me:

exercise (try running a mile, then see if a cigarette sounds good after that)

eating better and stronger tasting foods (the food tastes better anyways, so you might as well get as much taste experience as you can)

not being around smoking (really hard if you have friends/family/roommates/etc who smoke but the cigarettes will either disgust you and make you think they are disgusting and weak willed or trigger a craving)

Eat lots of chocolate!! It sounds ridiculous but it has worked for me, I strongly reccomend this.

Chew gum.

Keep a soda bottle or something with water and lots of cigarette butts and ashes in it around.  When you want a cigarette take a whiff of that.

I like to smoke pot to deal with cravings, sometimes it has the exact opposite effect of triggering a craving, but other times it takes the edge off the craving and relaxes me.  That and you are smoking something, so you kind of satisfy they oral/manual fixation that makes it hard to quit.

Most importantly, take the time to recognize the improvements in your health and well being that you will experience from quitting.  Be sure to notice how much better food tastes, the extra money you have, the way you dont smell like smoke, the way you can go somewhere without having to make sure you have a pack of cigarettes and a lighter, the increased energy, the increased lung capacity.  Again I could go on forever but when you take the time to notice these things it will help your will power.  Also if you exercise and eat right then these effects will be stronger and easier to notice :smile:

Basically it comes down to one thing, just dont smoke, plain and simple.  Easier said than done but after like a week of not smoking you will get a craving and then realize that a cigarette doesnt even sound good anymore, its an amazing feeling.

I don't claim to be an expert, in fact I smoke so you can dismiss everything I've said, but I've quit for ~1 month numerous times.  And the fact is after like a month your body will feel recovered and you will forget how much better you felt when you quit.  Thats when sheer willpower comes in.  They say after like 2 years of not smoking, your addiction is pretty much licked.

Good luck, and remember Yoda's words of wisdom:

"Do or do not, there is no try"

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: HELP ME OR ELSE I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!! [Re: oggleman]
    #2460085 - 03/22/04 12:18 PM (20 years, 1 day ago)

Thanks. It's been a week now. Surprisingly day 4-5 were a lot easier than days 6-7. All of a sudden yesterday it seemed like I craved them more than than I expected to.

It wasn't like I was at risk of actually considering smoking one, it was just a bigger pain in the ass than I expected.

Steady as she goes... People who are quitting be sure to check in periodically here and get support if you need it, and just to let the rest of us know how you're doin'!

--------------------

OfflineAnother
Stranger
    #2480022 - 03/29/04 01:42 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I quit smoking 8 days agaio today. The first day was the worst. Then it slowly got better untill day 5. For some reason the urge to smoke is worse now than earlyer. When it gets too bad I puff on a friends black-n-mild but dont inhale. I thought it might just be a tease but it actually helps. My girlfriend does not make any attempt to help me quit... which is a bummer. It might just be because she is a smoker herself. Everytime she's smoking and I tell her I want to hit her cig she just holds it up infront of my mouth. That really piss's me off. Im telling her i WANT to hit it but, im not going to ... because I quit. Wow, just posting this here is making me think about smoking. Good Luck to you LightningFractal !!!

Invisiblescott2004bc
Munchie Time!!
Loc: Utah
    #2482246 - 03/29/04 10:57 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

It is hard to quit! I have been smoking for about 13 years now..I have cut down to about 5 or 6 cigs a day, sometimes less, sometimes more, I can't afford the patch or gum, but It is the hardest habits for me to quit, I have been drinking almost every night for about a week, I am going to only drink once or maybe twice a week at the most from now on. But quitting smoking is the hardest habits I have ever tried to quit, but I love smoking weed though but not enough that I need it to get through the day...

--------------------
Enjoy life as much as you can, make the most of it, learn and grow from it, try enjoying different states of mind and learn from those experiences

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: HELP ME OR ELSE I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!! [Re: scott2004bc]
    #2485753 - 03/30/04 10:50 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

smoking weed is a great way to avoid cigarettes. I didn't quit smoking, I just quit smoking cigarettes!

--------------------

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
    #2523232 - 04/03/04 10:02 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Ha, this thread makes me proud of you even though you're older than me.  It sounds like you have been making good progress and just by your excitement in your posts it seems like this is going well :thumbup: keep it up.

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: HELP ME OR ELSE I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!! [Re: abhi]
    #2546526 - 04/10/04 11:37 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks! Man it has been almost a month now. Well worth it! I don't spend 10 minutes hacking up shit every morning anymore, and I don't feel obligated to be a slave to cigarettes!

No more making sure I have my stupid cigs on me before I leave the house. God forbid I might wan't to smoke one before i could make it to a store! Fuck that nonsense.

I started smoking because almost all my friends that smoked weed smoked cigarettes. I thought they went with weed.

They don't. The high from weed is MUCH better when I don't pervert it with a stupid Nicotine rush.

Oh and, for everyone else quitting too, using weed as a replacement for cigarettes = k3y.

Plus life does get normal again after about 3 weeks, I don't think about cigarettes much anymore. Maybe once every few days I'll find myself jonesing, that's about it.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2546635 - 04/10/04 12:11 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I'm glad you're still going strong.  Well done!  :smile:

Offlinekroum
Stranger
Loc: CA
    #2549913 - 04/12/04 01:15 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Here are a couple of stories from my personal life...they're not amazing, or dramatic... but I hope they can help you guys...

My mother smoked for about 5 years... first it started only when her friends smoked or when we had somebody over and they smoked... but pretty soon she started smoking every day... neither i nor my brother of father approved, but she did it anyway... not too much, but smoking is smoking... We moved to the US and after she saw some of the ads on tv, and my continued insistance, she decided to quit. Just one day said that's it, I'm not going to kill myself for this shit... and she just stoped... no patches, no gum... just stoped that day, and it's been 6 years now and she has not picked a cigarette up ever since... alot of her friends smoke and she hangs out with them reguarly but she hasn't ever felt liek she needed to smoke again...

My friend's father started smoking when he was 14 and smoked for 30 years. He moved to america and still smoked almost 2 packs a day everyday... (he is a very controling person), one day he said, this is it, i will no longer be controlled by tobacco, I will no longer give MY life, and MY money to this useless thing. He quit (about same time as my mother).... hasn't picked up a cigarette ever since. I talked to him about it and he said that once he said that was it, he never had cravings again.

I have not had personal experience with quitting cuz I never picked it up (and I hope I never do), but to me it seems that if you really want it, if you make a choice and you put your will behind it, you CAN end it, on the first try, on the first day, for ever.

--------------------
"Why not?"
Last words of Timothy Leary

OfflineMollyDolly
Queen Rabbit

Loc: N.C., USA
    #2554337 - 04/13/04 12:13 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

hahaha i just posted about this, too. this shit seems impossible. like i said, though, i quit once from doing LSD. hehehe, maybe i just need to dump a sheet in my head o_O

--------------------
~~~~~*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*~~~~~

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
    #2554409 - 04/13/04 12:31 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

one more non-smoker here for the rest of you :smile:

i quit, i'd say.. hmm.. i think the beginning of march this year. about a week into quitting, my friend and i were drinking.. he (being underage) asked me to buy him a pack of cigarettes. i, being a friend, did (he's not very pleasant while he's fiending). i got back in the car, gave him his pack, and he lit one up. somehow his lit cigarette ended up in MY drunk hand (he probably asked me to hold it so he could do something - how evil!) and i just started smoking it! :frown: i couldn't help myself and grabbed a cigarette from his pack. this has happened twice while i've been drunk.

the last time that happened was about two weeks after i initially tried to quit. since then, i have been completely tobacco free. i think it's been over a month. i regularly exercise now (because it's more enjoyable/easier), and i in general feel better. i like knowing that i don't have to drop $3-$5 every day on a pack.

one great thing that's helped me quit smoking is a little herb called st. john's wort. what a miracle plant it is. while i still had cravings every once in a while, taking some sjw really made me less irritable and relaxed. i almost feel like i've 'replaced' my cigarette smoking with st john's wort, but you know, that doesn't bother me. i'd much rather be addicted to a harmless, feel good herb (i know there's other ones too :wink:) than to a deadly chemical filled company cigarette!

just thought i'd share my success so far with everyone :smile:

good luck to all of you, keep fighting the healthy fight!
also.. please please PLEASE, do not replace your oral fixation from smoking with eating! i did this for a week and you can only imagine how many snacks were going into my body! use exercise and st john's wort! :wink:

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #2554554 - 04/13/04 01:00 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I've been quit since Jan. 26, 2004 after smoking for around 15 years. I don't even think about it much now. I even go drinking with friends that smoke and the only thing that I think about the smoking is how it's stinking up my hair and clothes. I have decided to never touch cigs again and I'm sticking to it.

I don't smoke pot, but I also don't find anything wrong with it. I have just decided that I'm not going to smoke anything now that I've quit smoking. I'm looking into alternative means of MJ injestion, i.e. pot brownies or vaporizers. Smoke is smoke no matter what it comes from. Some may be worse than others, but it all has bad shit in it.

Do your thing man and be proud that you have even started down the path of quitting. However you do it, know that you are accomplishing something great.

Peace

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Invisiblescott2004bc
Munchie Time!!
    #2635634 - 05/04/04 02:22 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Im too busy still smoking cigs, and weed I might dier someday, but im the meantime ill smoke a bowl

--------------------
Enjoy life as much as you can, make the most of it, learn and grow from it, try enjoying different states of mind and learn from those experiences

Invisiblescott2004bc
Munchie Time!!
    #2635645 - 05/04/04 02:26 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Im just kidding I still hack a lung or two after smoking too many stogs after a beer binge!!!

--------------------

Invisiblescott2004bc
Munchie Time!!
    #2635653 - 05/04/04 02:28 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I have been smoking weed and cigs for over 14 years

--------------------

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

#2636729 - 05/04/04 12:24 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I can't quit smoking cigs, because whenever I smoke a bowl a cigarette has to closely follow. It's just habit.

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: HELP ME OR ELSE I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE!!!!!!!! [Re: McKennaFan200]
    #2637122 - 05/04/04 02:13 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

^^^ Weak! You're weak!!!

:smile: hehe just playin

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Offlineroselyn
Stranger
"advance happy new year to you all" [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #3554184 - 12/28/04 07:21 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

this is a suggestion for you guys to quit smoking..
We know that heart disease is the leading killer of Americans today; with heart attack is its most visible sign.
Read this carefully:
Healthy lifestyles play a big part in reducing your risk of heart disease, heart attack and stroke. Better lifestyle habits can help you to reduce your risk for heart attack. You have to learn what you can do to help prevent heart disease and stroke. If you have more than one risk factor for heart disease or stroke, you could and should make lifestyle choices that can reduce your risk.
Smoking
Cigarette smoking is the most preventable cause of premature death in the United States . That?s important! Want evidence of the dangers of smoking? Consider these statistics: A smoker?s risk of heart attack is more than twice that of nonsmokers. Cigarette smoking is the biggest risk factor for sudden cardiac death -- smokers are looking at two to four times the risk of nonsmokers. Studies have shown that cigarette smoking is also an important risk factor for stroke. The evidence also indicates that chronic exposure to environmental tobacco smoke (secondhand smoke, passive smoking) may increase the risk of heart disease.
In 1 week in habit of smoking and poisoning release!
? 7 day NOSMOQ program was incredible!!! I have tried every other was possible to quit smoking??only 7 day NOSMOQ program has worked!!!
Check the website now:
http://www.nosmoq.com
thank you for posting my message in your website:
support11@3gcare.com

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates