Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Smoking too much :(
    #1650453 - 06/21/03 08:51 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Welp, I'm smokin' too much.
I go through packs quicker and quicker, DJARUM blacks got me HOOKED.
Sucks, but they are mighty tasty :smile:! Expensive fuckers though :frown:.

How the fuck do i quit this shit  :confused:?

I gotta smoke a lot of cigs durin' blazin' or trippin' too. 

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAudi0
have ur cake andbeat it 2
Female User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South !
Re: Smoking too much :( [Re: daba]
    #1650467 - 06/21/03 09:08 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

just say NO when u go to get a pack. you can control it if you really want to. all those stop smoking aids are bullshit. i beleive they are owned by the tobacco companies so they make money off of you even when you try to quit.

--------------------

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #1651419 - 06/21/03 05:41 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

How the fuck do i quit this shit ?

The answer is in the above sentence. I believe it is after "I" and before "this". It is as simple as that, just STOP (or quit). Don?t buy any more, don?t smoke any more. If your going to quit you need to build up the power to do so, thinking you need help is the wrong way. You got the stuff needed to leave the smokes behind you, now use it damn you! :wink:

Quote:

I gotta smoke a lot of cigs durin' blazin' or trippin' too.

Dude, that is so like me... Sometimes I would double my cigarette intake on nights that I was tripping. Getting high would also increase my usage, but im always high... You must be familiar with the "after bowl" (or joint) smoke, its like second nature, habit, and tradition all rolled into one, lol. I don?t think I ever met a person who toked and smoked that never lit up right after getting high. Those are the worst times you are gonna have to get through, that combined with the "after dinner" smoke.

Good luck!

--------------------
To give is to live...

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
Re: Smoking too much :( [Re: Audi0]
    #1651765 - 06/21/03 08:10 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Tobacco companies really do make money off people trying to quit. It's sickening but Philip Morris, one of the cig companies, has this whole big campaign about the danger of cigarettes, and you know its bullshit because they SELL the goddamn things!!!! It's a nice little site to look at, but I highly doubt their efforts are very fruitful, since it's their business to push the shit.

oh here
Phillip Morris wants your money and doesn't give a shit about anybody's health or youth awareness or helping you quit smoking

Edited by RedNukleus (06/21/03 08:14 PM)

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #1652840 - 06/22/03 03:26 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quitting is easy....once you make up your mind to quit.

I smoked quite heavily up until about 6 months ago. When I finally did "decide" to quit, I did so by throwing out almost a full pack of smokes. It felt symbolic to me, that I could throw them away like that. That was the last pack I bougt.

Quitting smoking is easy to do, you just have to make your mind up to quit! Don't let anyone tell you that, as an "addiction", you are unable to quit without "help". You CAN do it yourself, and it's the best way to do so.

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Smoking too much :( [Re: trendal]
    #1652931 - 06/22/03 03:56 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I guess you're right.
The hardest part is people offering you some cigs, or you not smokin' while everyone else is lightin' up enjoying.
Or when you see a big discount, it's hard to resist.
I've smoke free for a day now :smile:!

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #1653008 - 06/22/03 04:54 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Well, whenever you look around and see people smoking, I would bet money they regret starting (or will someday), and have not quit. You can then feel as though you are better than them, because you are smoke free and will be healthier, be saving money, and basically feeling better about yourself. You will see, it may be a little hard at first, but after awhile it wont matter anymore. Someday you may even start to dislike the smell. One day down, the rest of your life to go (sorry to put it in perspective like that), but think everyday you will be getting closer, and youll notice it will get easier. Keep it up, you dont really need the mental torment of hating an addiction, but not using all of your will power to toss it away.

Just laugh at people who offer you cigs, thats the best part!

--------------------
To give is to live...

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: Smoking too much :( [Re: ATWAR]
    #1663238 - 06/26/03 03:46 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I think one reason people start smoking is because they have nothing better to do. THEN they become addicted. You just have to find something to do that is productive. For instance working out. It's the complete opposite of what smoking is all about, and working out is GOOD FOR YOU. You have to ask yourself, "Why do I smoke?" Of course there are a lot of reasons, the main one being the addiction, but I think a lot of people that smoke (at least this is the way it was for me) are not satisfied with their current situation in life so they feel that "At least I have my good ol' cigarettes to make me feel better. They'll never let me down!" But oh yes they will. They will let you down real good. If you have a lot of good things going for you in life and you are happy, you have no reason to smoke. There's no point. Why take the chance of shortening your lifespan and risk getting cancer, lung disease, emphysema, etc..... Anyways, this is just what I think. Hope I didn't offend anyone....

--------------------
"One attaineth whatever state of being one thinketh about at the last when relinquishing the body, being ever absorbed in the thought thereof." - Sri Krishna to Arjuna, Bhagavad Gita, viii, 6

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #1663403 - 06/26/03 03:39 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

cold turkey would never work for me. I had to slowly ween down until i was down to 2 or 3 a day and then just stop for good cause once you are down to 2 or 3 a day you wont ween down anymore and are more likely to ween back up.

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Offlineliftedoff420
i need drugs

Loc: fo-1-five
Re: Smoking too much :( [Re: Help on the Way]
    #1666364 - 06/27/03 03:21 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

not smoking cigs is EASY!!!!

dont even buy a fucking pack....the only time i ever feen for cigs is when i have a pack in my jacket....but when i dont buy them and i kno i dont have any stoges i dont even think about them..well, i think about how relaxing it would be...but i just pretend to smoke or go drink someting and ill forget about em

Offlinecrazycanadian
Stranger

Loc: infront of a monitor
Re: Smoking too much :( [Re: liftedoff420]
    #1677556 - 07/01/03 07:35 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I am not a smoker but i do smoke cigs. It might sound a little weird but it is true. My best advice is to just throw everything away and TELL people that you are trying to quit. Ask them (if possible) to resist smoking around you. I find that when i see people smoking i will want to smoke too. Also, as soon as you get the desire to smoke just go have a glass of water or put your mind on something else. Smokers usually smoke becuase they have nothing better to do and they need to stimulate themselves. That is what nic is. A STIMULANT. Just have good will power and you will be fine.

OfflineEgoMagickian
human

Loc: San Francisco
Re: Smoking too much :( [Re: crazycanadian]
    #1687271 - 07/05/03 02:07 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

If you can find a therapist that uses EFT (emotional freedom technique) or a client-oriented hypnotherapist, they can help you quit. I wouldn't waste money on talk therapy though, or a hypnotist that relies merely on passive suggestion.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being