Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Near Death Experiences (moved) [Re: nice1]
    #13519372 -

nice1 said:
That doesn't follow for me.  Sometimes I have to go to work but because I have to leave doesn't mean that I never was there.

I don't think spirits are supposed to stay here but they it seems under certain circumstances they can.



When you leave for work, your body takes a specific, observable path.  Did your grandfather's ghost do that?  Or did he just appear and then disappear.

Quote:
I can't just throw out the notion of a physical reality because without that concept there is nothing to think about or say and physicality is testable because objects appear solid and each individual human can verify that.  It appears to be the only reason we are here at all as our bodies are just sensors and processors trying to figure out the physical world and we clearly as a species have a drive to do that.



I don't recall asking you to throw out the notion of physical reality.  I was simply saying that physical reality consists in processes rather than substances.  This is consistent with moder physics.

Quote:
To me the spirit realm can be physical just not understood yet.



I'm quite certain that there are many aspects of physical reality that are not yet understood, many of which could be considered "spiritual."  I doubt, however, that it exists as some other "realm."  I suspect it would have to be in some way continuous with the physical reality that we normally perceive.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Seeing dead people in your dreams adamj 3,634 17 10/26/07 06:14 PM
by blackfir
* Heaven is coming to earth *the sequel*
( 1 2 3 4 ... 51 52 )
zorbman 184,519 1,020 03/15/18 06:53 PM
by BrendanFlock
* Dream Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 )
ShroomismM 53,119 253 05/24/24 03:39 AM
by Buster_Brown
* A tale of Creation
( 1 2 all )
ShroomismM 5,866 21 05/16/06 12:32 PM
by DoctorJ
* Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Blastrid 34,902 107 12/08/16 01:45 AM
by Fractaliopsybe
* Any personal stories of Reincarnation?
( 1 2 all )
Solutarch 6,760 37 01/03/06 12:31 AM
by SneezingPenis
* Spiritual symbols: Any favorits?
( 1 2 all )
Reyeorts 5,415 34 10/31/12 01:39 PM
by cbub
* how and why would anyone want to believe in a god, a creator, a judge of character and life..... *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 all )
wishcouldeletethis 7,178 57 04/25/07 04:53 AM
by Seuss

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, Asante, Shroomism, Rose, Kickle, yogabunny, Northerner, DividedQuantum
3,237 topic views. 1 members, 4 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 17 queries.