Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
Seeing dead people in your dreams
    #7538016 - 10/20/07 01:22 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

An interesting subject to think about, as it also ties in with the question, "Do you believe in the afterlife?"

Throughout my young life I have held a 50/50 belief about the afterlife and god in general. Maybe there was one, maybe there wasn't. No way to know. Agnostic.

But within the last two years (and the death of my grandparents) there have been a few profound personal experiences (which I will not go into) that have immediately turned my belief heavily towards, yes, there is an afterlife.

Back to the original topic at hand - Seeing dead people in your dreams.

Is it merely a random firing of brain neurons within the unconscious, or are we being contacted from another plane? Are they simply saying hello or are they trying to send a message?

What is everyone's view on this?

My view is that it's 3AM and ten minutes ago I was sleeping, but now I'm here making this post.  :shiftyeyes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: Seeing dead people in your dreams [Re: adamj]
    #7539114 - 10/20/07 12:21 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

there was a desk chair in my dream last night. is it more likely that that:

a) the desk chair is contacting me from a different plane.

b) the desk chair exists in my memory and was manifested by my subconscious mind in my dream.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offline2FiNiTe
ConsideratlyKilling Me
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
Re: Seeing dead people in your dreams [Re: TODAY]
    #7540007 - 10/20/07 05:01 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Its your brain calculating the possibility that someone you know(or dont) might die. Displaying that thru thoughts that you can visualize while your sleeping.

--------------------
"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war that we know about peace, more about killing that we know about living."

General Omar N. Bradley

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: Seeing dead people in your dreams [Re: 2FiNiTe]
    #7540287 - 10/20/07 06:10 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

make sense please.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offline2FiNiTe
ConsideratlyKilling Me
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
Re: Seeing dead people in your dreams [Re: TODAY]
    #7540394 - 10/20/07 06:52 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

YOUR JUST DREAMING.

Does that make more sense to you?

--------------------
"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war that we know about peace, more about killing that we know about living."

General Omar N. Bradley

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #7540609 - 10/20/07 07:57 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

My gran saw my grandad in a dream after he died.

He told her to tell my mum something that would happen in the future and it did happen exactly as predicted.

I think its a bit too much coincidence to say that it all manifestd itself within her brain. To say that would also be to say that somehow she saw the future.

Its appears more logical that what she saw was exactly that - somehow my grandads spirit did contact her and impart information about the future.

Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
Re: Seeing dead people in your dreams [Re: 2FiNiTe]
    #7540796 - 10/20/07 08:51 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

2FiNiTe said:
YOUR JUST DREAMING.

Does that make more sense to you?

I just realized how flawed this board is. It's impossible for anyone to know the answer, so every post is just in fact the opinion of the poster.

All comes down to personal beliefs I guess.

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#7540917 - 10/20/07 09:59 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I for one don't put too much stock in my opinions, beliefs, views and suspicions, or those of other people for that matter.

All I have is experiences and observations.

And by reading of the experiences and observations of others, I gain a better understanding of my own.

I had a dream of my Grandfather the night he died.

I hardly ever dreamed of him before and I didn't find out he died until months later.

I looked in my dream journal to find I did dream of him the same night he died.

Hmmmmnnnn. :strokebeard:

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #7542024 - 10/21/07 09:44 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Yes and no.

Everything is flawed - if you want to break it down to complete fact then there is none. Apart from maybe the fact that I know I am percieving something.

Experiences like this will always be considered opinions because science cannot capture them in a jar and measure them but it doesn't make them any less real to the experiencer.

We each have our own 'science'. What tips the scales for you into the favour of reality or not?

I know theres a lot of stuff that exists that the common man will just laugh at. Its not until you experience first hand - with certain levels of certainty - that the scale will tip for you (unless you believe stuff without any evidence/reasoning).

OfflineJon

Re: Seeing dead people in your dreams [Re: Ego Death]
    #7542607 - 10/21/07 12:37 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I used to hallucinate people from the great depression when I was a toddler.

Invisiblemushbaby
woodswalker
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in my own lil world
Re: Seeing dead people in your dreams [Re: Jon]
    #7558335 - 10/25/07 08:33 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not saying it can't be a visit from someone who's passed, but it is very common to dream about someone who has died. In fact it's a normal part of the grieving process.

I dreamed some very bizarre dreams about my mother shortly after she passed. Then once I saw her sitting on the end of my bed. There was a distinct difference from this and the dreams.

--------------------

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Seeing dead people in your dreams [Re: mushbaby]
    #7559269 - 10/25/07 01:35 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

those dreams are called memories.

--------------------

OfflineAcinaxuz
In SomnisVeritas.

#7561737 - 10/26/07 02:33 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

At the risk of being scoffed at, I'm going to throw this out here...

I completely and totally believe that it's possible to have contact with those that have passed on, through dreams.

When I was young, my parents were separated and for a time I lived with my father. I had visitation with my mother, rather than she having custody, only because during this time she was quite busy taking care of my grandmother who was very ill.

Let me say first that my father's home has always been a place of welcome to spirits. I've had several experiences there while awake. The day and night of my grandmother passing, I had no contact with my mother or anyone outside of my father's home, in short, I had no idea she was dying.

I went to sleep that night, and she came to me. She asked me all of the usual things you would expect your passing grandmother to ask you, take care of yourself, stay out of trouble, take care of your mother, I love you. We also chatted for a bit outside of those things. She explained to me that she was not to be returning. She explained to me in detail her illness and how her body was shutting down, but that she was not actually leaving and that she would return. I remember that she tucked me into my bed and told me to sleep, and then vanished into light.

When I say that she vanished into light, I don't mean she walked into some beam to be ported up to whatever god she believed in, but that she literally burst into light. (This is significant to me because of an experience later in life where light appeared, from my ceiling light, with her voice. I wasn't quite asleep, and I freaked. I screamed bloody murder and as my mother came in my bedroom the light faded.)

I slept, a very sad somber sleep. In my dream I was conscious laying there, fully knowing I was sleeping, yet I was crying as I slept, fully aware she was gone.

When my mother came to my father's house that night, she opened my door. I immediately woke up crying and told her that granny was gone. I told her what happened, that her body just couldn't hold together anymore, couldn't fight anymore. My mother looked at me in complete disbelief being that she hadn't said a word of my grandmother's passing, though, that was why she had come.

I've always had, I won't call it a sixth sense, I will call it merely intuition.

I have two separate types. Prediction or experience through dreaming and I have a waking ability. Though my intuition is highly flawed in terms of prediction when awake I've experimented successfully, in as rigid circumstances as possible, ESP (though only with colors, never pictures or words), energy transfer, and the ability to touch someone, while speaking with them on the phone, from over 3,000 miles away.

I know that sounds far fetched, I'm not asking anyone for their opinion on it. I have proven them to myself and that's what matters. I'm putting it out here to say that I myself know these things to be reality, so that your experiences are well within the realm of possibility. (back to the topic at hand, sorry !)

The in dream experiences are things like documented Deja-Vu (documenting the dream and then experiencing the dream with the ability to compare it to documented accounts of the dream) -- (I've found that Deja Vu can't always be fully understood when you document it, while experiencing your exact dream you see other things as well that allow it to make sense. I've been able to keep a dream journal and complete Deja Vu dreams after actually having the experience), -- the experience with my grandmother, and my uncanny dreams of snakes that only appear before a death, and I get them every time someone I've come in contact with passes.

I'm Native American so I hold the belief that it's the spirit of the snake warning me of the upcoming passing. The dreams never tell me who, I can only guess by the details of the dream. For example, before my grandmother passed -- from my porch through the yard, the road for blocks there were thousands, millions of snakes. I was afraid of them yet they weren't trying to bite me, I was running from what they had to tell me. Because these snakes were in very close proximity to my house, I could only assume then this person was someone close to me.

I'm not by any means claiming to by psychic or a medium, but I've had most of my coherent contact with the other side through dreams or just as I'm waking. Any contact with "the other side" while fully awake has been in the form of physical activity within my home. Like those little tonka press down siren trucks... there were quite a few of them on a very top shelf once, out of reach. Each turned on one by one, in order, fading just as the next one started.

Bottom line though, I believe in an afterlife of sorts yet I also have a deep seated belief that we are reincarnated for the purpose of learning and obtaining experiences. For what reason I'm unsure.

Native teaching tells me that we go through 7 lives before we end up in a summer-land of sorts. I wonder sometimes if the 7 lives relate to dimensions and the requirement to live on all 7 planes, learning specific lessons before retiring to "heaven".

On the basis of that, I do believe that it's possible to speak with those that pass over, just as you can recognize someone from a past life. You never really know (or at least I don't) who you were then, or who they were, but it's a feeling of instant recognition and knowing them, before you know them. I find that I attribute knowing them, yet not ever REALLY pinpointing an identity, to the possibility of mutual existence on another plane.

I also believe that upon your choosing, that you are able to live more than one round on whatever plane for the purpose of your own self-driven thirst for knowledge and experience. As the opposite, you are destined to also repeat life one a plane should you not do the things you were meant to do while here before continuing to the next.

I tend to constantly question these things, and attempt to provide as much evidence to the basis of a solid reality as possible. The bottom line is that we will never really know, we can only attempt to gather what's around us and speculate until what we gather "adds up". There are some things though, much like Deja Vu that will never add up without first having the experience.

Versions of the afterlife come like versions of a story told only verbally through generations. Whether your spirit is personified or not, christian or polytheistic, energy based or merely that you are your own power, religion and destiny... whether the turtle or the bear learned the meaning of life, we're all just using different ideals, opinions and imagry to define life's inner workings and thus the after life.

Sometimes I feel its the claim of belief, true morals, responsibility and the declaration that there is no other form of worship that breaks the system.

I don't usually post on either of these forums, but I'm a pretty avid browser when I pop in--this caught my attention. I'm a bit long winded this evening, I apologize. I appreciate those who've actually read this far. lol

-Zuxa

PS: In Somnis Veritas translates to "In dreams, truth"

--------------------
:~:~:~:~{ * }~:~:~:~:{ * }:~:~:~:~{ * }~:~:~:~:

All posts are made with only the intent to entertain myself and should ONLY be read with the understanding that they are FICTICIOUS. I do not warrant information I provide for use in illegal activity of any kind nor do I condone it for any reason. Furthermore, I am not, I have never, nor will I in the future, take ANY part in illegal activites.

Edited by Acinaxuz (10/26/07 02:59 AM)

Invisiblemushbaby
woodswalker
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Seeing dead people in your dreams [Re: Acinaxuz]
    #7562208 - 10/26/07 09:01 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I read the whole thing. I wish I was as good at stating my beliefs so succinctly.

I think it makes a difference if you spend time as a child in a house that acknowledges spirits. It helps keep the spiritual part of your body "tuned in" so to say. I grew up in a house that was declared haunted by many, many people. Everyone in my family then later occupants of it. (I had a chance to speak with some of them years later when I revisited my childhood home)

On a side note the sign in my dreams that means death of a close friend/family member is lots and lots of blood. Bright red blood like paint splashing across my dream.

--------------------

OfflineAcinaxuz
In SomnisVeritas.

#7563562 - 10/26/07 02:28 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not sure which would make me more uneasy. As you can imagine, I'm deathly afraid of snakes these days, waking and sleeping.

When you see the blood, are there clues that allow you to speculate who it may be that will be passing? Is the dream the same every time you have it? Is there usually a time-frame that you find redundant between the dream and the passing? Growing up, did you have many "other worldly" experiences in the house?

And btw thanks for taking the time to read and for the compliment :hug:

--------------------

All posts are made with only the intent to entertain myself and should ONLY be read with the understanding that they are FICTICIOUS. I do not warrant information I provide for use in illegal activity of any kind nor do I condone it for any reason. Furthermore, I am not, I have never, nor will I in the future, take ANY part in illegal activites.

Invisiblemushbaby
woodswalker
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Seeing dead people in your dreams [Re: Acinaxuz]
    #7563941 - 10/26/07 04:54 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Shortly before my mother passed I would have these dreams where I was looking into a crystal ball to tell her future and all I would see was the red blood. I do not look into crystal balls to tell futures other than in dreams . But that was kind of an obvious one. She had been already diagnosed with cancer.

I have seen the blood in dreams before but not known who it was going to be other than my mother. TIme frame is always always within 3 months. ALways. Usually closer to two weeks. It doesn't happen very often and it's only close friends/ family. Never people I don't know well.

I could go on and on but don't want to hi-jack this thread.

--------------------

OfflineAcinaxuz
In SomnisVeritas.

#7564065 - 10/26/07 05:23 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

That's really interesting, my dreams are usually between 3 months also. Aside from those in my family (all of which encounter snakes for "death dreams") I've never met anyone who shared the same type of dreams with the ability to define them with a time frame.

Thanks so much for throwing it out there.  :smile:

--------------------

Invisibleblackfir
Seer
 User Gallery

#7564231 - 10/26/07 06:14 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I would say that it comes down to personality as well as circumstance. I would say that someone could be contacting you. I saw shadow people following me for months. I only saw them once a week or so, but when I managed a glimpse, it's like they had been comfortably lounging, for a while. It comes down to what you believe. I believe my story, but will any one else. Not Likely.

--------------------
Tell me, I pray thee, where the seer's house is.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder