Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Near Death Experiences
    #13513594 -

Do you believe in life after death?

I used to think that dead was dead, no afterlife but I started researching NDE's and I really believe that death is not the end now.

Sure some people think NDEs are just the result of chemicals released in a  dying brain but the fact is people have been brain dead and brought back and when they awake they impart knowledge of events that happened while they were brain dead.  One woman reported the exact medical procedures and instruments used and what the doctors talked about while operating on her.  She said she was there in spirit form watching.

I started to think that the brain is just a receiver of conscious energy and not the creator of consciousness.

I also have other reasons to believe death is not an end because of dead relatives spirits visiting to say goodbye but I don't want to get into that here.

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this but I figure people here are generally more open minded.


--------------------
Our thoughts create our reality.  :strokebeard:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Near Death Experiences [Re: nice1]
    #13513823 -

I agree there is much more to reality then just what we experience during our life...from reading some of your posts it doesn't seem that you are religious but this is how I rationalize this mystery.


--------------------


Come on breakthrough with me...such wonders terrify the soul...it's real no need to question...knowledge infiltrates the host

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Near Death Experiences [Re: JackthaTripper]
    #13513911 -

I had a NDE on my first heavy shroom dose.So i thought!hahah  My idea for death is your brain creating a dreamworld during its last few minutes of functioning. (depending on how you die) Your brain will shut everything down before itself so eventhough your dead (technically) your neurons are still firing off. Its like having a crazy dream that goes on forever and you wake up to see that only 3 minutes have passed. and you can be sent to a hell cuz if the last moments you see are terrible, your brain may create a nightmare aka hell.

my theory for the lady seeing herself operate is her brain still at work while she was under. You ever had a dream with a song in it cuz the radio was playin in your room? SO she heard everything the doctor was doing and her brain created an aerial view of what was going on. Ive looked at myself enough in the mirror to be able to visualized what i look like on an operating table.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Near Death Experiences [Re: SillySiteMan]
    #13514239 -

People have had information about things outside the op room.  They have traveled as spirits to their relatives and seen exactly what they were doing / saying etc.  If you do some research into it you soon find that its very difficult to explain the way you are trying to because they consistently breaks the rules.  Having said that I have also had something similar to an NDE on shrooms.  My whole ego was broken apart and shown to me from a 3rd person perspective, I had a ripping sensation and a physical pain and I felt like I was dying.  Eventually I just let go and was like fuck it I'm at your mercy, universe.  As soon as that happened I was bathed in white light and pure contentness and was no longer thinking from the perspective of the egotistical mind.


Jack.  I'm not religious no.  I don't think that man-kind knows much about it.  At least not anymore, the Tibetans and many ancient cultures knew way more about death and the spirit world than we do today.  I do think we are here for a purpose and it does seem to have something to do with love and that there is other dimensions that our spirit can exist in and I think its possible theres a god and likely there are higher beings.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Near Death Experiences [Re: nice1]
    #13514516 -

oh yeah...i completely agree. I wasnt trying to disprove anything. just my own rationality of what happened hehe And my trip went the same way as yours..it was gettin darker and darker the more i tried to make sense of it and then as soon as i told my self.. "your dead." it was like boom! i was bathed in lights and felt soo at peace! and then when i came down like 30 min later i never looked at the world the same again. :smile:


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Near Death Experiences [Re: SillySiteMan]
    #13514751 -

Thats pretty awesome, I've not spoke to anyone else thats had the same experience.  :smile::thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Near Death Experiences [Re: nice1]
    #13515225 -

In my opinion the brain/nervous system is definitely not the source of consciousness. :thirdeyeani: I see the brain as a hindrance. It limits and restricts the abilities of your consciousness. It also serves as an anchor, tethering you to this reality.:brainfart:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Near Death Experiences [Re: Space Elf]
    #13516033 -

smoke some salvia and DMT bro you can experience the spirit world for yourself:thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Near Death Experiences (moved) [Re: nice1]
    #13516235 -

This thread was moved from Conspiracies and Cover-ups.

Reason:
There very little Conspiracy about NDEs... they are actually well documented. :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Near Death Experiences (moved) [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #13516621 -

i smoked salvia a few times and i felt like i was under anesthesia(sp?). Like i was numb from the brain down! haha but never saw anything. i dont think i ever did enough though cuz i see those youtube videos all the time.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Near Death Experiences (moved) [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #13516626 -

The hear-after is no-where else but now.  Even after 600 billion years, 600 billion here-afters, it will remain so.

But.. who knows!


--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Near Death Experiences (moved) [Re: nice1]
    #13516646 -

I think there are a lot of interesting anomalies around NDE's worth investigating.  However, my experiences with psychedelics have actually made me more and more skeptical of any sort of personal afterlife.  There may be some form in which consciousness persists after death, but I doubt it's in the form of any kind of individual soul in which one's personality survives intact.  If my sense of selfhood can't survive 5 grams of mushrooms, how could it possibly survive the termination of all biological function?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Near Death Experiences [Re: RonaldFuckingPaul]
    #13516659 -
Log in to view attachment

reeferaddict69 said:
smoke some salvia and DMT bro you can experience the spirit world for yourself:thumbup:



Or simply practice some astral projection techniques regularly, your bound to come out-of-body if your persistent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Near Death Experiences (moved) [Re: Silversoul]
    #13516902 -

Quote:
If my sense of selfhood can't survive 5 grams of mushrooms, how could it possibly survive the termination of all biological function?



Your sense of selfhood basically didn't exist when you were a baby and yet this is a time when the body grows the most and is most 'alive' so to speak.

I can relate to the 5 gram experience and ego death.
I've wrote about it so many times on these boards.
Perhaps , the ego death opens up a new way of unbiased experience , unconditioned, and from that point, spirit continues growing just like the body  once did when you were too young to even remember.

very simply put.. we might be spiritual children in a sense , and need to learn more and have more experience until we can retain our individuality even when experience is non conceptual.
This can only be done when the self itself , is seen as non conceptual.
I think that, even though it might seem arrogant or perhaps even elitist ,  those of us who have died while alive , will be alive when we are dead.

I have immense gratitude for the mushroom , and its willingness to assist us in suicide so gently and gracefully.
The fact that some of you experienced physical pain during the 5 gram experience , very shortly before what we call the ego death , to me is indicative of necessary trickery.
Some people need to believe that they are ACTUALLY dying and if we are very immersed in the body and the egoic mind , pain and other 'threatening' sensations are sometimes necessary.


--------------------



---------------------

All my posts in this forum are strictly fictional.
They are derived from an acute mental illness , from which i am forced to lie compulsively.
I have never induced any kind of mind altering substance in my life  and i have no intentions whatsoever of doing anything illegal.
If I have ever suggested such a thing it would have most likely been , due to my personality disorder and i probably do not remember it at all..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Near Death Experiences [Re: nice1]
    #13517246 -

nice1 said:
Do you believe in life after death?

I used to think that dead was dead, no afterlife but I started researching NDE's and I really believe that death is not the end now.

Sure some people think NDEs are just the result of chemicals released in a  dying brain but the fact is people have been brain dead and brought back and when they awake they impart knowledge of events that happened while they were brain dead.  One woman reported the exact medical procedures and instruments used and what the doctors talked about while operating on her.  She said she was there in spirit form watching.

I started to think that the brain is just a receiver of conscious energy and not the creator of consciousness.

I also have other reasons to believe death is not an end because of dead relatives spirits visiting to say goodbye but I don't want to get into that here.

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this but I figure people here are generally more open minded.



Science covers just the biological part such as the release of DMT. But it cannot cover the conciousness part which is out of body or out of birth.

Death is not the end, it just does not go black we are already dead, its just the point of relizing that IMO.


There is good astral projection techniques outthere, learning Reiki can help and learning how to activate the crown center can help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Near Death Experiences (moved) [Re: Silversoul]
    #13518157 -

Well the theory is that the brain is the receiver of consciousness not the creator.  Like a radio.

The clincher for me was my grandad died and visited both my mum and his wife in spirit form and imparted knowledge of the future.  The only reason I can assume is to prove that he was still there in some form.

The only other reasonable explanation is that they saw the future and manifested it as my grandad giving them the message.  :shrug:  To me seems less likely than just taking it at face value.

Its not the first time its happened, visitation after death is common.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Near Death Experiences (moved) [Re: nice1]
    #13518576 -

nice1 said:
Well the theory is that the brain is the receiver of consciousness not the creator.  Like a radio.



See, I don't buy that.  It assumes that conscious is a substance.  But I just don't think that makes sense.  It's an action.  It's not something we have.  It's something we do.

Quote:
The clincher for me was my grandad died and visited both my mum and his wife in spirit form and imparted knowledge of the future.  The only reason I can assume is to prove that he was still there in some form.

The only other reasonable explanation is that they saw the future and manifested it as my grandad giving them the message.  :shrug:  To me seems less likely than just taking it at face value.

Its not the first time its happened, visitation after death is common.



I don't doubt that they had those experiences, and wouldn't necessarily dismiss them as pure hallucination, but neither would I suggest that there was literally some ethereal form of your granddad who traveled all the way from his body to visit your mother and grandmother.

See, I think we get too easily by the notion of substance.  We think that there are these things called substances which endure through time.  But substance doesn't exist.  It's all process.  Reality is composed not of things, but events.  Each new event is born of its predecessor, but infused with novelty.

Once we reorient ourselves in this way, such apparitions become less mysterious.  The apparition supervenes on the relationship the one experiencing it has with the deceased.  It also becomes infused with novelty, which can come through a divine channel.  Thus, the message about the future.  Let's look at it this way:  Did this apparition of your grandfather stay and hang out, or did he disappear after giving that message?  I assume it was the latter, which would not make sense if there was this enduring substance that was your grandfather's essence.

But let's take your explanation, and see if it has any more explanatory effect:  If our brain is a kind of radio receiver for consciousness, how does consciousness continue in a specific embodied form like what your mother and grandmother experienced?  The body is still dead.  It's just this impersonal consciousness field which we all pick up on which would endure.  How could such a field take on the form of an apparition like you describe?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Near Death Experiences (moved) [Re: jivJaN]
    #13518578 -

jivJaN said:
I think that, even though it might seem arrogant or perhaps even elitist ,  those of us who have died while alive , will be alive when we are dead.




--------------------
Wave upon wave of demented avengers marched cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Near Death Experiences (moved) [Re: Silversoul]
    #13518704 -

Silversoul said:
I think there are a lot of interesting anomalies around NDE's worth investigating.  However, my experiences with psychedelics have actually made me more and more skeptical of any sort of personal afterlife.  There may be some form in which consciousness persists after death, but I doubt it's in the form of any kind of individual soul in which one's personality survives intact.  If my sense of selfhood can't survive 5 grams of mushrooms, how could it possibly survive the termination of all biological function?



:thumbup:


--------------------
What's up everybody?!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Near Death Experiences (moved) [Re: Silversoul]
    #13519314 -

Quote:
Did this apparition of your grandfather stay and hang out, or did he disappear after giving that message?  I assume it was the latter, which would not make sense if there was this enduring substance that was your grandfather's essence.



That doesn't follow for me.  Sometimes I have to go to work but because I have to leave doesn't mean that I never was there.

I don't think spirits are supposed to stay here but they it seems under certain circumstances they can.

I can't just throw out the notion of a physical reality because without that concept there is nothing to think about or say and physicality is testable because objects appear solid and each individual human can verify that.  It appears to be the only reason we are here at all as our bodies are just sensors and processors trying to figure out the physical world and we clearly as a species have a drive to do that.

To me the spirit realm can be physical just not understood yet.

Interesting opinion though its good to look from other angles.

Just to note as well, the two witnesses were in different houses 30 miles apart but were both visited independently.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Seeing dead people in your dreams adamj 3,634 17 10/26/07 06:14 PM
by blackfir
* Heaven is coming to earth *the sequel*
( 1 2 3 4 ... 51 52 )
zorbman 184,500 1,020 03/15/18 06:53 PM
by BrendanFlock
* Dream Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 )
ShroomismM 53,117 253 05/24/24 03:39 AM
by Buster_Brown
* A tale of Creation
( 1 2 all )
ShroomismM 5,866 21 05/16/06 12:32 PM
by DoctorJ
* Psychological and metaphysical aspects of Music
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Blastrid 34,900 107 12/08/16 01:45 AM
by Fractaliopsybe
* Any personal stories of Reincarnation?
( 1 2 all )
Solutarch 6,760 37 01/03/06 12:31 AM
by SneezingPenis
* Spiritual symbols: Any favorits?
( 1 2 all )
Reyeorts 5,412 34 10/31/12 01:39 PM
by cbub
* how and why would anyone want to believe in a god, a creator, a judge of character and life..... *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 all )
wishcouldeletethis 7,166 57 04/25/07 04:53 AM
by Seuss

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, Asante, Shroomism, Rose, Kickle, yogabunny, Northerner, DividedQuantum
3,237 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.