Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Creating reality - does God really help?
    #1346451 - 03/02/03 08:47 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

There are two main schools of thought on this:

1. Focused intention can create a desired result without doing anything of a physical nature.

I would have to strongly disagree with this. For example: you want to meet the woman of your dreams. To do so, you must ACTUALLY leave your house and intermingle with people. If you are hoping for your postive thinking to bring a hot female UPS agent to your door, you might be waiting for a l-o-n-g time.

2. Focused intention along with specific action dramatically increases the likelihood of creating a desired result.

I don't see how anyone could argue with this, but there are two main interpretations, which gets to the heart of this post.

A. Your intention hones your awareness and opens you to recognize possibilities, and your drive gives you the energy to follow through on opportunities presented. (It is ALL you doing the creation.)

B. The "Universe" responds to the sincerity of your thoughts and co-creates with you, giving you a mysterious, miraculous or synchronous hand a long the way. (It is you + God doing the creation.)

Most of you that know me, know that I would choose A. For those that believe in B., I would like help in designing an experiment to test this hypothesis.

Puh-lease, no anecdotes as stories can have many (mis)interpretations and may or may not be indicative of any underlying truth.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: Creating reality - does God really help? [Re: Swami]
    #1346631 - 03/02/03 10:19 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I also agree we put labels on reality and do things ourself. But then you have to ask the question what created the physical world in which we can do things in. I didn't create the atoms that I move around everyday.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Creating reality - does God really help? [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1346776 - 03/02/03 11:25 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

But then you have to ask the question what created the physical world in which we can do things in.

Sorry, but if I want to build a paper airplane or do anything else, I hardly must consider First Cause before embarking.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #1346798 - 03/02/03 11:42 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Are you saying that thought cannot affect reality?

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: Creating reality - does God really help? [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1346862 - 03/02/03 12:16 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well now I am confused, Trendal...If you were referring to what I wrote, of course thoughts make up reality. I guess I am saying thoughts don't create physical atoms.

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

#1346870 - 03/02/03 12:21 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

How would you tell the differece between A and B? Wouldn't A be more like sifting through creation with a mind made net? This seems like one of those chicken and the egg questions. As for you question IMO you can only test for A. When you test for B, your sincerety could be called into question. Its the believers
get out of test free card. Don't make the creator prove his validity. Well phrased questions Swami.

--------------------
Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
I have done it before and it never has an effect on the true believer so what is the point?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Creating reality - does God really help? [Re: trendal]
    #1346931 - 03/02/03 01:03 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Are you saying that thought cannot affect reality?

I was asking for a way to test this hypothesis. Thought precedes action which precedes creation of reality, but does it directly affect reality? (No obscure physics papers, please.)

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Creating reality - does God really help? [Re: falcon]
    #1346999 - 03/02/03 01:30 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

When you test for B, your sincerety could be called into question.

So it seems. That is why a SPECIFIC test must be designed with SPECIFIC measurement or indicator for success.

1. We need a list of volunteers committed to carrying out a simple experiment.

2. An agreed upon start date.

3. An agreed upon finish date.

4. A specific task with a specific result must be agreed upon.

5. The task completion must be far enough outside of A so as to be reasonably beyond personal interpretation.

Here is one possible suggestion:

Within one week of the start of the thought experiment, a total stranger will offer the participant a small sum of money (at least $10, or perhaps a gift) without being asked, prodded or encouraged in ANY way (such as looking/acting like a bum or going to a soup kitchen or giving verbal cues about need, etc.)

The participant may use visualization, prayer, black magic, spells, mushrooms, incantations, meditation, astral travel or any type of non-physical method of manifestation that he/she chooses.

The ONLY physical action allowed is being out in public and interacting and speaking to people about anything unrelated to the experiment.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1347005 - 03/02/03 01:33 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

lol swami :wink: I like your direction with this thread. that is all :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Creating reality - does God really help? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1347010 - 03/02/03 01:35 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Are you volunteering, strump?

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1347067 - 03/02/03 02:00 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

lol hell no :wink: "God" isn't on my side man :wink: I'm too lazy

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinesummitstealth
D-dog

Loc: EastCoast, USA
Re: Creating reality - does God really help? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1347307 - 03/02/03 03:42 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I'll be the brave soul to test that, because i have already been their and done that.
And i can positivaly say, that yes "though" and what you think of and how you think can and does affect reality in a very big way. If you let it, like i said been their done that and still going through that in a way.

--------------------
Sporeworks
Ralphster44's Spores
MicronFilter Disc
Hawkseye

Anonymous

#1347343 - 03/02/03 03:57 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think this test is a good idea but I wouldn't raise the bar so high.  You could just have made the sum of money $1,000,000.00 and you probably wouldn't get many takers for that either.

I think that "intention" works but it follows the laws of quantum mechanics.  In other words if I think something will happen, it will. :wink:

But I cannot be specific about which thing it is.  The universe is rather stuffy about being shoved in a box.

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

By the way, I should warn you that I was offered between 100 and 200 dollars last week without giving any deliberate clues, etc. :smile:

Make a softer test and we will get more participants.

Cheers,

Anonymous

#1347353 - 03/02/03 04:03 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

For a test how about willing ourselves a spore print?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Creating reality - does God really help? [Re: ]
    #1347408 - 03/02/03 04:41 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think this test is a good idea but I wouldn't raise the bar so high. You could just have made the sum of money $1,000,000.00 and you probably wouldn't get many takers for that either.

Huh? How is $10 or an equivalent gift setting the bar "too high" or anything at all like $1,000,000? I could have said a penny, but that sort of thing could happen at a convenience store without any creative thought. The result must be greater than random chance and less than nearly impossible. I thought $10 fit in that category nicely.

God can create planets, but to manifest $10 is too much? Maybe God needs some vitamins.

As to a spore print, that is a nearly useless experiment because of the nature of this board and the personal connections that you have ALREADY made. It would be tainted from the start.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#1347414 - 03/02/03 04:42 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

A university conducted a 20 year study into the subject of thought controlling reality. They concluded it is possible and does occur, but on small scales.

I think it was harvard, but I'm not sure. I'll have to find the site.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1347425 - 03/02/03 04:49 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I don't care about vague, obscure studies. We have our own community here of many people proclaiming that they can, in fact, affect reality. Let us put it to the test.

EVERY SINGLE TIME I propose one of these experiments, I get almost the same response: lots of jabber and hyperbole, but little participation.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#1347441 - 03/02/03 04:56 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Try the test they did, it seemed to work nicely:

Have a computer set up to produce an output in some way (to a file, screen, printer, whatever) some form of random binary output. Like 1 or 0. Or plus or minus. Anything like that.

Now set it to do this over and over again, say 10,000 times or more. The more times the better the results.

Now sit, or have someone sit, infront of the computer and CONCENTRATE on one and only one of the possible outputs. 1 or 0. Just have them hold it in their head, or maybe have them actually try and will the computer to output a certain one.

Computers produce a truely random output, or at least they should in theory. If you run the experiment and walk away without thinking of it, it should turn out as close to 50-50 as makes any sense. This study I saw stated that when a person was concentrating on one output, the computer would produce that output more often than the other. The degree that this happened was beyond statistical deviation for the computer.

Give it a try if you want  :wink:

--------------------

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

#1347487 - 03/02/03 05:24 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

EVERY SINGLE TIME I propose one of these experiments, I get almost the same response: lots of jabber and hyperbole, but little participation.

It could be  people who have developed that talent think such a test is frivolous.
Quote:

But I cannot be specific about which thing it is. The universe is rather stuffy about being shoved in a box.

Build box.
Support box with stick.  Attatch string to stick. Put salted apple under box. :smirk: 

--------------------
Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
I have done it before and it never has an effect on the true believer so what is the point?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1347489 - 03/02/03 05:24 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Hey tren,

I live in a city that has been trying this experiment for 50 years with hundreds of millions of people in the real-world; and so far all the results have been negative.

Swam

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags