Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineISH
PsilocybianTranslationServices
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planet Earth
Your views on Spirituality, and your Interpretation of GOD
    #1303863 - 02/12/03 10:49 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I was wondering how other people view spirityuality, and what god means to them. I started to wander from the Christian view of God. I think of God being all the energy around us not just a single entity, perhaps when we die, we will become part of God, our soul(energy) gets reabsorbed into everything and anything. I'm tired, so I'll write more later. But I'm real curious how you people view God or the afterlife, anything having to do with spirituality.

Please speak up,

ISH

--------------------
Join The Shroomery Folding @ Home Team!

I think of going to the grave without having a psychedelic experience, like going to the grave without having sex. It means that you never figured out what it was all about. The mystery is in the body, and the way the body works itself into nature.
- Terence McKenna, Archaic Revival

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
Loc: UK
Re: Your views on Spirituality, and your Interpretation of GOD [Re: ISH]
    #1307322 - 02/14/03 06:53 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

perhaps when we die, we will become part of God

We are already part of god, do you not see past this illusion?

man, you know when those hippies were saying everythings one? well...they were right man, who would have thought those long haired lay about would know that!

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

Offlinequestforall
very-stranger
Loc: Vancouver BC
Re: Your views on Spirituality, and your Interpretation of GOD [Re: The_Clash_UK]
    #1307335 - 02/14/03 06:57 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

knowing in words, and being with that are two very different things.

--------------------
Please look within. Try. Try more.

OfflineTeTr0
Mmmmmmmmmm

Loc: Right here, where I belon...
    #1307366 - 02/14/03 07:13 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

When I was little, I used to picture God as this old, wise man with a really long white beard & hair wearing a long white robe. But as I got older, I realized that God is not a being in the form of a human. God is whatever you want to think "He" is.

--------------------
I know what you want, I can give it to you.

Offlinegreenpin
wierdo
Loc: FL, USA
    #1307501 - 02/14/03 08:06 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Well, from going to a college ministry thing. It just says that Jesus is the son of God. that he is essentially God. So to beleive in jesus. a powerful representation of things..
i guess it depends on the person. theres one for all. and all things for one.

--------------------
-stoly

OfflineChubbSubb
Zen Lunatic

Loc: Here.
    #1307557 - 02/14/03 08:37 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Silence contains all answers. Like The Beatles said, "Let it be."

--------------------
Those who know do not speak.
Those who speak do not know.

OfflineGrowingVines
Slowly Changinginto a Tree
Loc: GA
Re: Your views on Spirituality, and your Interpretation of GOD [Re: ChubbSubb]
    #1307817 - 02/14/03 11:07 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

There is more than one greater power in the universe. There may be more than one universe? There is more than one form or entity of "god". So i really have no belief. Was brought up on Christianity, but been fighting it the whole way.

--------------------
Peace out my brothers, for everyone has a bit of insanity in them

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #1307992 - 02/14/03 12:32 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

The bible and most spiritual teachings have only proven what I feel we have been "programmed" to learn on our own, That god simply is "I am"
I think jesus said the same when he answered the pharisses question of truth.

" the Alpha and the Omega " infinity,creation, awarness.

so god means everything to me.

Good post ISH.

Anonymous

#1307996 - 02/14/03 12:35 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Our entire existence is related to spirituality. Do you not yet see? Everything we do relates to the spiritual realm and to soul (de)evolution! When you realize this there's no more set times to be spiritual and to not be spiritual. Every moment, as is, is a celebration of the possibilities of existence. There's no need to worship, idolize, condemn, or praise anything at all! Everything is perfect as it is/was/will be, a magnificent endless symphony of light and dark, of creative possibilities.

"God" is in everything; the Creator is also the Created. Existence is consciousness is thought. Some people ask, how can the universes be created out of nothing? By thought. Thought becomes consciousness which becomes the subatomic particles that make up everything! You have a mind don't you? This is how man was "created in God's image". You were given/have given yourself consciousness, and this consciousness contains ALL POSSIBILITIES and ALL THINGS. Everything that exists in creation is LITERALLY IN YOUR MIND. You just don't know this yet. Your consciousness is a holographic projection of the whole.

The Prime Creator AKA All That Is AKA The Isness is on an endless journey to realize all the possibilities of itself by forming itself into anything and everything, a continuous cycle that will go on forever and ever and ever (linearly speaking). But "forever" is also happening now; everything is happening now.

Billions of people on Earth are still falling prey to the notion of a God that is separate from us. If you fall into this trap you are LIMITING YOURSELF by not realizing that you have ALL POSSIBILITIES within you. Even in the darkest hour of your life you are not separate from ANYTHING! If you believe you are going to heaven or hell for "eternity" for your trivial actions in this trivial physical existence, you are limiting yourself by not doing what comes NATURALLY to you. Let it be, let every moment be. There's no need to ever worry, to ever be afraid. Everything has worked/is working/will work out.

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: Your views on Spirituality, and your Interpretation of GOD [Re: ]
    #1308076 - 02/14/03 01:27 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

i'm not too sure what i believe with this kinda stuff, but i do think of it often.
i don't really know what god is, or if there is even a god, or what happens after death, is death just a stage of evelution?
i really don't know...but i like not knowing.
what i do believe is that there is something else to life. not too sure what, but if i can just live my life, be a good person, and try and live as happys as i can, i think i'll be ok in the end. i believe in being true to yourself.

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

OfflineISH
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Your views on Spirituality, and your Interpretation of GOD [Re: ]
    #1308601 - 02/14/03 06:02 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Our entire existence is related to spirituality. Do you not yet see? Everything we do relates to the spiritual realm and to soul (de)evolution! When you realize this there's no more set times to be spiritual and to not be spiritual. Every moment, as is, is a celebration of the possibilities of existence. There's no need to worship, idolize, condemn, or praise anything at all! Everything is perfect as it is/was/will be, a magnificent endless symphony of light and dark, of creative possibilities.

"God" is in everything; the Creator is also the Created. Existence is consciousness is thought. Some people ask, how can the universes be created out of nothing? By thought. Thought becomes consciousness which becomes the subatomic particles that make up everything! You have a mind don't you? This is how man was "created in God's image". You were given/have given yourself consciousness, and this consciousness contains ALL POSSIBILITIES and ALL THINGS. Everything that exists in creation is LITERALLY IN YOUR MIND. You just don't know this yet. Your consciousness is a holographic projection of the whole.

The Prime Creator AKA All That Is AKA The Isness is on an endless journey to realize all the possibilities of itself by forming itself into anything and everything, a continuous cycle that will go on forever and ever and ever (linearly speaking). But "forever" is also happening now; everything is happening now.

Billions of people on Earth are still falling prey to the notion of a God that is separate from us. If you fall into this trap you are LIMITING YOURSELF by not realizing that you have ALL POSSIBILITIES within you. Even in the darkest hour of your life you are not separate from ANYTHING! If you believe you are going to heaven or hell for "eternity" for your trivial actions in this trivial physical existence, you are limiting yourself by not doing what comes NATURALLY to you. Let it be, let every moment be. There's no need to ever worry, to ever be afraid. Everything has worked/is working/will work out.

WOW, you just gave me soo much fuel to use while pondering. This is almost exacltly how I started to see things, but having been raised(programmed) by a Catholic family, has taught me to fear things that stray away from religion, and god as the catholics, and christians see it. Although I was raised Catholic, I do not see things this way. It all changed when i dropped my first hit, and truly felt/became one with everything, as far as I could feel, on all conscious and unconscious plains.

Now that I am finding more courage to explore what my reality is, I have opened doors that I never knew even existed inside of me. I originally posted to see what other people feel about this subject.

Thank you all for responding, and to you especially. here Is a 5 Shroom rating for you. Thanks for sharing all. I am interested to hear more on this subject, don't be afraid to post.

ISH

--------------------

I think of going to the grave without having a psychedelic experience, like going to the grave without having sex. It means that you never figured out what it was all about. The mystery is in the body, and the way the body works itself into nature.

OfflineISH
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1311517 - 02/16/03 11:21 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

****Bumpin the thread. Any other ideas?***

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology